Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Road To Redemption. Part 1
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Pittsburg Pa.
A private Gym owned by Micheal Graves.
Friday 2:20pm

Graves is seen working in the ring with Cadryn Tiberius, who has agreed to help Micheal prepare for his match with Raven. The two men are working a match, with Cadryn playing the role of James Raven and using a moveset that mimics his pretty closely. As the two men continue to wrestle, a voice over from Graves begins to speak over the action.

I’m not taking this match lightly. Nope, not this time. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve really pushed myself to win. Not because I like losing, but because I allowed myself become distracted by all of the things that I’ve never cared about before. Things like the fans and how they had grown to chant my name. Things like friends, stables, and the idea that I have to be entertaining and fun. I’m not not a fun guy, never have been. I also never used to play well with others, but when Jim Caedus came calling and asked me to help him form a stable, and even offered to let me become the groups unofficial leader, I felt flattered. Flattered that a guy like him not only saw worth in me during a time that I was feeling at my lowest professionally, but also flattered that he would be willing to step back and let the spotlight shine on me as the groups mouthpiece. Jim Caedus isn’t only one of the best talkers in the business today, but he’s one of, if not THE most dominating forces in the ring. So yeah, I was swept off my feet and placed into an environment that I really had no business in. Of course I played my role the best that I could, but ultimately I failed as the “leader” of AX3. Partially because of my allowing Chris Chaos to believe that he was really the groups figure head, and partially because I was so wrapped up in my feud with Dolly Waters that I didn’t even notice that the Kings were picking us apart week after week until there was nothing left.

Joining AX3 may have been a poor career choice for me, but it wasn’t the worst decision that I made over the last year. That was selling myself out for laughs. For playing an idiot just so the masses would cheer me on. Sure, when you hear those fans chanting your name, begging for autographs, encouraging you to win, it’s a rush. It feels good to be appreciated. The problem comes when you find yourself no longer being true to yourself just to garner that reaction. I pretended to sob in a dark corner and rub one out with a package of spoiled meat. Why? Because I thought it would be funny. I thought it would catch people's attention and make me a talking point the next day. After all, Cadryn was doing stupid shit like that all of the time, and I was watching his career take off like nothing I had ever seen before.

That instance of self humiliation only lead to more, many many more. Pedophile Graves for example. Dumber than a sack of rocks. Chasing after a girl a third his age. Making a big joke out of the whole situation and somehow making the majority of the crowd not only feel sorry for what should have been the most sickening and vile sight that they had ever seen, but also getting them to cheer it. Let that sink in for a minute. The XWF Universe collectively cheered on a “pedofile”. It was unbelievable. Most of my colleagues couldn’t believe it. I actually had guys like McBride and Peter Gilmour calling for my immediate termination, but the fans, they seemed to love it. Why? Because as I was quickly learning. The inbred masses will cheer just about anything if it makes them laugh. Morals be damned

After that idea ran its course, I decided to take things into an even more cartoony direction. Suddenly I was the “Dark Warlock” Micheal Graves. Casting spells and conjuring dragons out of thin air. Honestly, I thought for sure that this idea was going to fall flat, but guess what? It was actually pretty well received. Turns out that a lot of people like their wrestling to be on par with their low IQs. Go figure…

Finally, just a month ago, I worked a bullshit time travel angle. We played it off like Phantom Panzer killed me off because I was too pathetic to be an effective teammate. Then he “traveled to the past” to bring a younger and more motivated Graves into the present to fill the void that my death left open.

It was while filming these skits that I began to reflect on my last year here, and just how absurd I had allowed my entire career to become. I’m fucking Micheal Graves! I should be cracking skulls, spilling blood, and laughing as I claim all of the gold in this damn company for myself, but instead I had became content with being a clown. As long as the fans were cheering, I was a winner… except I wasn’t! I had been flopping around with a near 50/50 record and a goofy smile on my face. I haven’t made a legitimate push for a title since last summer, and I was more than happy to lay down for whoever they put in front of me, because hey, at least I had the fans support, right?

WRONG!

I’m done being a dancing monkey! I’m done with prioritizing the fans over my own career! If they just want someone to laugh at they can cheer on Calypso, Richardo Grande, or any of the other countless idiots that have fallen into the same trap that I had. Me on the other hand. I’m making a push for the top. Come hell or high water, I am going to do whatever it takes to once again establish myself as the fucking living nightmare that I truly am! They may laugh now as they fondly reminisce about all of the wacky things that “Gravy” has done, but before long everyone’s laughing will turn into fear, and it starts with James Raven.

I know what you’re thinking too. Why would a guy who hasn’t been able to buy a win of consequence challenge arguably one of the fiercest competitors in the XWF today? I’m sure that there are more that a few people wondering what in the fuck I could be thinking. Probably more then that who have already written this match off as an easy win for James, and a quick path to the so called dream match with Vinnie Lane. As a guy who earlier this year dressed up as Sonic The Hedgehog and worked a match with Super Mario, I can’t say that I blame anyone for thinking that way. Just like I said earlier, I allowed myself to become a joke, but the only part of this joke that I’m concerned about now is the final punchline. The one where I head into Warfare next week and leave everyone’s favorite pretty boy flat and bloody and suddenly everyone realizes, hey, this dude’s the real deal!

That’s why I’m here in the gym. I’m training harder than I have in a long time. I’m pushing myself beyond my limits to shake off this rust that I’ve developed as a part time performer. I’m realizing pretty quickly just how much I’ve let myself go. My stamina is shit, my chest is burning and I can barely breath, but worst of all.

SMACK!

My reflexes are less than cat like.

Graves is floored as he is caught by surprise with The F.Y.S. (Superkick). Micheal is slow to get up as he tries to shake the cobwebs. Cadryn moves in to check on him.

Are you alright buddy?

Micheal pats his face checking for blood. Seeing no sign of him leaking, he drops his head down to the mat and lets out a frustrated sigh.

Hey now, don’t get worked up over one slip up. Rome wasn’t built in a day Gravy.

Micheal snaps at Cadryn in an annoyed tone.

I told you not to call me that!

Yeah, sorry, it’s a hard habit to break.

Micheal rolls onto his belly and pulls himself up to one knee. He hesitates for a few seconds before grabbing the ropes and pulling himself up to his feet. It’s obvious that kick shook him as he seems off balance and weak in the legs. Micheal allows himself to fall back slightly so that he is leaning on the ropes as he tries to collect himself.

I you want to, we can call it a day and pick up tomorrow.

No, just give me a minute.

Cadryn lets out a light sigh. He’s more worried about his friend’s well being than his training.

You have two weeks to prepare for this match. There’s no need to risk injury on day one.

Graves glares at Cadryn with a look of shock that quickly turns to anger.

Do you really think two weeks is enough time to train for a guy like Raven? No, not even close! Raven competes at the top level everywhere that he goes, and I’ve just been slumming it up on the mid card for the better part of a year now. So excuse me if I’m not going to let a fucking kick to the head interfere with my training routine!

All of the training in the world isn’t going to do you any good if you get injured before the match Micheal.

Graves stands there silently for a moment. He knows that Cadryn has a valid point, but through sheer hardheadedness, he looks for a way to pick it apart.

That mentality is exactly why you had your ass handed to you by Raven when the two of you faced off.

You can see it in his eyes, Cadryn is hurt. Not so much at Micheal pointing out a loss. Cadryn wears his losses on his sleeve like a badge of honor. Because even when he loses, he knows that he can be proud of the heart and determination that went into the match. No, Cadryn is hurt because frankly, Graves is being an asshole to the real one friend that he has in this business. The one guy that has stood beside him through thick and thin. The one guy who might actually give a damn about his safety.

You know what, I’m not going to watch you go down this self destructive path.

Self destructive? Pushing myself to succeed is self destructive now? Give me a fucking break!

No, but pushing yourself as hard as you have been all the while pushing your friends away. That’s self destructive. If you keep going down this path, you’re going to end up broken and alone, and that’s before Raven has a chance to end your in ring career.

Graves pushes himself off of the ropes and gets nose to nose with Cadryn.

So the truth comes out! You don’t think that I can beat him either!

Cadryn takes a step back and shakes his head “no”.

No, not like this. Not if you aren’t willing to be smart about it.

Cadryn leans over the ropes, grabbing the apron and flipping to the outside.

So that’s it huh? You’re just going to leave me?

Cadryn doesn’t even look back as he replies while walking away.

I’m getting you an ice pack for that lump on your head…

Cadryn disappears behind a heavy wooden door as Graves steps through the ropes and takes a seat on the apron cradling his aching head.

No he’s not! He doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

Graves seems to reply to a voice that only he can hear.

Most of what I said at Warfare was bullshit, but not all of it. I made Lane a promise. I promised him that if he gave me this match with Raven, that he wouldn’t get a tired broken down clown, but instead he would get “The Dark Warrior” Micheal Graves at the top of his game!

Graves sits silently for a moment before lashing out again.

Oh I can and will keep that promise, even if I kill myself in the process!

Graves hops off of the apron and starts pacing back and forth as he visibly gets more and more worked up.

Oooooh, you’re just like everyone else. Writing me off before the bell has even sounded! Do you think James Raven has written me off? I left him in a broken mess at the end of Warfare, and this end result of this match is going to be the same. I know it, he knows it, so why is everyone else so quick to write me off, huh!?!

Graves continues pacing for a moment. Then suddenly, he grabs a nearby chair and hurls it across the room.

OVER!?! No, my career has just begun you piece of shit! Raven’s good, I’m not disputing that, but I’m better! At least, I can be… I will be! Especially in this environment. Especially when there are no rules!

Graves stares into space with a sarcastic smirk.

Oh is that so? I think that I know exactly what Raven’s about. I know that he’s going to dig up some washed up relics like SJ, or Blizz. I know that he’s going to run his mouth about how great he is, and I know that before that bell sounds, he’s going to be overflowing with confidence. You know what else I know?

Short pause as if Graves is waiting for someone to respond.

I know that after this match starts. Once the bell rings and he feels his flesh getting torn from the bone... His brain rattled by chair shot after chair shot. When his skin begins to bubble and burn from third degree burns... James Raven is going to quickly remember who Micheal Graves was, and who he still is! Then, as he is laying there on the mat staring at me through blood soaked eyes, he’s going to realize the same thing that the rest of the world will come to realize. That I’m the last mother fucker that you should have counted out!

Um, Gravy, who are you talking too?

Graves turns around to see Cadryn standing about twenty feet away from him, holding an ice pack.

Nobody, let’s just get back to the training.

Graves says as he climbs back up onto the apron.

You should probably ice that bump first.

Graves steps through the ropes before firing back.

Fuck the bump, are you going to get into the ring or not?

Cadryn lets out a sigh, but ultimately decides to set the ice pack down and get into the ring with Micheal. The two of them begin working a match again, and just as before, Cadryn tries to catch Micheal off guard with the F.Y.S. This time however, Graves manages to catch the foot and deliver an elbow to Cadryn’s knee which leads into a DDT. Graves jumps to his feet looking proud of himself as Cadryn sits up and massages his head.

You didn’t have to dump me on my head like that…

Yeah, and you didn’t have to nearly kick my head off last time, but shit happens. Now get up and let’s go again!

Graves extends his hand to help his friend up. Cadryn accepts, and it’s not too long before the two of them are going at it again where Graves continues to show signs of improvement.

As we continue to train and I begin to feel more and more like my old self, only one thought comes to mind.

It's good to be back.

Good for me, not James Raven.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
(02-04-2018), (02-02-2018), Cadryn Tiberius (02-02-2018), Drew Archyle (02-14-2018), JimCaedus (02-02-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (02-02-2018), Phantom Panzer (02-02-2018), Random (02-02-2018), The Engineer (02-02-2018)