Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Kinda Like St. Francis
JimCaedus Offline
Trash Talker Skywalker

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

01-30-2018, 11:10 PM

======€@£|)Ų$======

[Image: gwdhAKI.jpg]

--Bou-Hedma National Park•Tunisia--

--Tuesday•January 29, 2018•1:23 PM--

[Image: cVN3xsC.jpg]

::The addax herd of 9, comprised of 8 adults and a single calf, take the dominant male's lead and break their single file rank, dispersing to graze on the wild grasses and shrubs native to their recently reintroduced Tunisian home.

It's a cool 62° but with a lack of wind, a rarity in this environment, the real-feel is closer to 65 and the darker winter coats of the addax, allowing for increased absorption of the sun's warming rays, undoubtedly kick that up to around 70 for the "white antelope" themselves; all in all quite the comfortable climate considering the season.

Uttering a soft chirp, the herd's single calf alerts its mother that its ready to eat, taking position beneath her to suckle while she feeds.

Twenty minutes later, sated for the time being, the addax settle in for a lazy afternoon...::

[Image: hvmdfq9.jpg]

::The retort of a Belgian made F2000 bullpup of post-Gaddafi Libyan black market providence rings out, landing five shots across the left flank of one of the resting lesser males with several more into the dirt. He tries to flee but can't summon the strength to fully straighten his legs, toppling weakly back down to the ground.

The rest of the herd jolts into action, rising to evacuate en masse. We hear the revving of a powerful engine::

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Our guide abruptly brakes, the hatch-top 4x4 safari Landcruiser grinding to a halt on the dirt road, kicking up a cloud of dust in the process.

Before Robert, Drew or I can inquire as to the reason for our sudden stop, we all hear the popping of automatic weapon's fire in the near distance and exchange nervous glances.

Mehdi...what's going on?

Our guide remains silent, scanning the horizon as many more shots echo across the plains. Without responding, he plucks the radio from its cradle and contacts the park's base of operations.

"Mehdi."

He ignores Robert as well, awaiting a response from HQ.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

::Four adults now lay in agony, dying, draining crimson from a multitude of torso wounds provided by ammunition far too small in caliber to cleanly kill animals of their size.

An older model F-series truck loaded with two armed Berber marksmen standing in the bed using the cab roof for support, accelerates in easy pursuit of the remaining adults. The quartet prove far too slow, sense no hope for escape and decide on scattering.

The truck peels off to chase the leftmost addax::

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Mehdi engages in a heated conversation with dispatch, the staccato of more shots adding further stress to the already tense situation. I look to Drew and Robert with concern just before our guide finishes and places the radio back on the hook.

"Mehdi? What's with all the gunfire?"

"Poachers." Robert, Drew and I again exchange looks, an unspoken decision instantly made between us. "We have to be turn back."

He shifts the Landcruiser into drive, pulling forward to make a U-turn.

Turn back nothing, we have to do something!

"Mehdi, hold up. Stop the car."

Mehdi ignores me and finishes the U, accelerating the moment all four wheels are back on the designated dirt road.

Did you hear what he said? STOP THE DAMN CAR!

"I cannot stop, sir! I am ordered to leave!"

"So you're just gonna leave whatever it is they're poaching out there to get poached!? You're just gonna let 'em get _away_ with it!?"

"They send rangers right now."

They won't get here in time, the poachers will be long gone by then!

Turn back around you coward!

"There is nothing we can do! Poachers have military weapons, I have pistol and flare gun!"

"Good enough."

I slightly rise to lean forward and wrap my right arm around Mehdi's throat from behind, latching onto my right wrist with my left hand as tightly as I can. He jerks the wheel in shock before letting go to pull at my choke.

Shit!

"Robert-"

On it! He slides over to snatch the wheel, keeping us on the road.

Mehdi struggles, accelerating then hitting the brake suddenly, nearly sending me over had there been enough room. I tighten even further in anger, he accelerates again...

...and a few seconds later he finally passes out, his foot slipping off the gas. We decelerate to a stop.

A warning would've been nice Jimbo.

"Sorry bro."

I let myself out of the back, open Mehdi's door and pull his unconscious form out of the driver's seat to drag him off the road to a safe position beneath the shade of an acacia tree.

So we're really doing this?

Don't tell me you're scared, Drew.

No, I just thought it good manners to announce I'm calling shotgun on the pistol.

"FLARE-"
"-GUN!"

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

::The third of the remaining four addax adults drops in a hail of automatic fire as the poacher truck blasts by alongside her. The vehicle continues on, slowing to cut a wide turn through the brush, the two men standing in the bed scanning the vicinity for the fourth...

They don't spend much time, giving up on the search moments later to return to the largest grouping of fallen addax, the first four they'd taken by surprise. The moment the truck stops, all three men exit, jogging up to the first beast while the lead pulls a knife from sheath.

In short order, three throats are cut, three anguished gurgled squawks, then silence.

The men set about dragging the bodies to the truck, each to a leg, as they finish bleeding out and load them one by one into the bed as swiftly and efficiently as possible. As a team they return to the fourth, find it already deceased, and drag it back swiftly.

A chirp sounds from a patch of shrubs. All three men turn in the direction of emanation, one is encouraged to investigate with a nod.

While the other two struggle to load the fourth addax, the third walks calmly over to the shrubs::

[Image: ZcUZoJt.jpg]

::He spies the addax calf chirping futilely for its mother as it trots wobbly through the brush.

He pulls a pistol from a side holster::

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

::In the backseat of the speeding Landcruiser Drew pops and checks the 10 round 9mm shell clip of the guide Mehdi's issued firearm, a Browning Hi Power Mark III.

Jim, behind the wheel, is scowling.

Next to him in the passenger seat, Robert clutches the Soviet made 26.5mm flare gun proudly, two extra shots waiting on his lap. Jim glances at him, narrowing his eyes::

Sorry brother, rock beats scissors.

::A single shot rings out...much, much closer...::

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

::Dead calf with a single entrance wound to just behind the head hanging lifelessly from his left hand, the third man makes his way back to the truck and tosses the baby off to the side of the pile-

-suddenly perking up to stare off into the distance...

...the very faint sound of an approaching vehicle...

VRROOOM!!

The poacher truck rumbles to life, startling the third man. He angrily slaps the side of the truck, cursing in his native tongue.

The truck cuts off.

......nothing.

He remains waiting amidst the silence...

......but silence is all he hears.

Shrugging, he pulls himself up onto the side of the truck bed, the ignition fires up and they head for the next nearest payoff in meat and leather.

It's a short journey, the addax has always been a cumbersome antelope, easily overtaken by all predators and none but the eighth adult had gotten very far during the chase.

All three men again exit the parked vehicle to converge on the addax.

Brandishing again his bloodied knife, the poacher in the lead grabs an horn to lift the head, lowering the blade to slice throat-

-but there's still some fight left in this one and the addax pulls her head away, squawking.

Self preservation takes over, delivering a burst of energy and she springs to her hooves, tugging out of his grasp as he stumbles back, pulling his pistol. Sadly, her injuries take back over...and she kneels back down.

The poacher rewards the beast's right to survive by walking up and slitting her throat...three times...as violently as he can, the females tongue hanging out sideways as she gargles through flooding windpipe, her head lolling lifelessly by the horn he grasps by the third cut.

He kicks her in the neck before the other two, chuckling, take a leg and the trio drag her to the truck to load her u-::

(soundtrack)

::A flare whizzes between the trio, shocking them to startled yelps and curses as it veers into the bed of the truck where it strikes an addax carcass, burning into its hide and flesh.

All three men relinquish their hold on the fifth addax, allowing it to flop into the dirt, and spin to see-::

FUCK!

::-Robert Main a good hundred feet plus away, fumbling with the flare gun in reloading it.

Two of the men pull their pistols and open fire on Main, the Omega diving to the side behind a pile of rocks and shrubs, while the third, the driver, a heavyset man, rushes to the cab of the truck::

::POP::

::He takes a shot from ahead of the truck to the upper torso, very near his left shoulder, staggering him. He stumbles to the right into the side of the truck.

The passenger and cutthroat poachers spin to the gunfire behind them, each taking a knee and firing twice in the general direction.

Passenger's pistol clip drops, empty. He reloads, listening, as cutthroat turns back to Main-

-taking the second flare directly in the throat just below the chin!::

BULLSEYE, Robert bellows triumphantly before again diving to the side to avoid passenger's return fire!

::As the flare melts its way through cutthroat's throat, he falls to his back, flesh sizzling and blood boiling to vaporization, his hissing screams through scorched vocal cords ending in seconds.

Passenger meanwhile is making a beeline for the truck, head down as he fires one more shot back towards Main then unloads a few more in the direction of the earlier gunfire before arriving at his destination. He dashes around the right side of the bed and reaches in to pluck up one of the bullpup automatic rifles, abandoning his pistol. The bullpup is slickened with addax blood but that doesn't prevent him from hefting it and spinning back around-

-having to dart aside as Main's third flare shot rockets by.

He regains his composure and returns fire on auto::

AH!

::Main takes a hit to the left leg in the flurry and drops to his side, madly crawling to safety behind cover once more.

Passenger spins-

-taking a shot to the forehead. His head kicks back violently before he drops the assault rifle and collapses in a heap.

Drew pops up from behind a rather large bush fifty feet away, grinning with pride as he gazes upon-

Driver suddenly opens fire with his pistol recovered from the cab, unloading at Drew!::

SHIT!!

::Drew drops back down, branches exploding and small sections of his flora camo raining down all around him.

The onslaught stops as driver pauses to reload.

Drew pops back up, angry, and takes aim-

-for a misfire!!::

No, no, no, what the fuck!?

::Drew attempts to correct the jam to no avail as the driver hastily finishes reloading, slapping in a loaded clip.

He opens fire on Drew, stepping away from the truck to slam the door and moving to advance-

-as Jim accelerates in the Landcruiser and crushes the fat fuck in a T-bone against the left front wheel well. He drops his pistol, chest crushed, and folds over slightly onto the crunched hood.

Jim hops out::

"Robert? ... ROBERT??"

I'm good, brother. Bullet grazed me.

::Main rises and begins sauntering over::

"Drew??"

Yep, I'm good.

::Drew's already halfway there. Jim exhales in relief. It's then that he turns his attention to the truck bed full of dead addax, including one calf.

By the time both Main and Drew have reunited with Jim, he's lost in whatever thoughts bombard his mind.

No one speaks as they survey the carnage.

A minute passes.

Sixty seconds becomes one-twenty.

The grind of soil and crunch of dry twigs and grass alerts Apex to the sudden arrival of another...

...the eighth adult addax, the leader now without a herd, approaches either unafraid or too foolish to understand the havoc that just played out, the terminal threat involved.

All three brothers watch, perfectly still, enchanted, as the regal beast joins them calmly.

For several seconds no one moves a muscle...then Drew slowly extends his right hand. The addax sniffs.

Robert takes a step forward, the addax flinches back slightly, Drew drawing back his hand...then remains in place for them both to reach out to carefully stroke the peaceful creature along it's neck behind the horns.

Jimbo, you gotta-

He halts in mid sentence as he looks to Jim, Jim's eyes welling with tears while he looks upon the addax sadly.

"I'm so sorry buddy..."

A tear breaks free to run down Jim's left cheek, followed by another down the right. He steps forward slowly, reaching out to softly run his hand up and down the addax's muzzle.

You good Jim?

"Yeah brother."

Drew removes his hand from the addax to place the other on Jim's shoulder.

"Thank you Drew, Robert." They nod silently in response.

The addax takes a few steps forward, losing interest and departing.

So what now? Wait for the rangers?

I don't think we have much of a choice," Robert answers, gesturing to the vehicles.

"Yeah, we wait, we tell them what happened...then we ask for a little information of our own. This kinda shit......we can't just stand by."

Are you saying what I think you're saying Jimbo?

Deadly serious, Jim replies, "Down for a little crusade my brothers?"

"Something Greater Than Ourselves"

::STATIC::

[Image: chM1Ri0.gif]

[Image: pz4P3Ut.png]
Shout out to Gator/Noah Jackson for this kickass banner

[Image: aFZyFWU.jpg]

~XWF ALL TIME TOP 50 - #6!!!! <3
~Efed Podcast Top 100 - #74 w/no Twitter (all credit to you, fam, 🙏 <3)
~XWF UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF XTREME CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION w/Chaos then Engy, w/APEX x2 - 3x 
~XWF 24/7 Briefcase - 3x
~XWF Trio Tag Champion w/Ax3 - 1x
~XWF Television Champion - 1x (undefeated)
~XWF Federweight Champion - 2x
~XWF Triple Title Holder - 1x (TV, Federweight & 24/7 case)
~XWF Double Title Holder - 5x (TV/Fedr, Uni/Trio, Tag/24/7, X/24/7 & Uni/Tag)
~XWF 2017 Lethal Lottery IV Tournament winner!!
~XWF 2017 Leap of Faith Rafter Match winner!!
~XWF 2017 2nd Annual Doc D'Ville Shove-It Rumble Co-Winner w/Chaos!!
~XWF 2017 War Games Co-Winner with Rob Main & Drew Archyle as APEX!!
~XWF Feb. 2017 J. Federweight Scramble Winner!!
~XWF January 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Like a Moth to the Flame"
~XWF February 2017 Star of the Month!!
~XWF March 2017 3-Way Star of the Month!!
~XWF September 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Lions & Tigers & Caedus, Oh Shit"
~XWF July 2021 QOTM!! - line from "Took It All"
~XWF October 2021 RP of the Month!! - "This Just In" audio
~XWF November 2021 Star of the Month!! (3rd time!!!!!!)
~XWF Match of the Year 2021 w/Bourbsy!! - X-Treme, Flynn's Audio Shove-It

---Love Me, Like Me, Hate Me. No Worries---

Gator's Archive💙
[Image: KlXZwFe.png]
In Loving Memory of Captain Dick Powers

Gravy's Archive💙
[Image: YSqFoQ7.jpg]
[Image: oqNqgFo.jpg]
Shout out to Gravy for these kickass banners

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like JimCaedus's post:
(01-31-2018), Drew Archyle (01-31-2018), The Engineer (01-31-2018)