Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 11:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Most Dangerous Game
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-20-2018, 08:23 PM

A forest is covered in dew that makes a play at being snow, as temperatures fretfully toy over the line between freezing and not. The woods before us are quiet, the kind of eerie hush that sounds the breaking of a twig underfoot like a gunshot. A squirrel cuts the peace, clambering up a tree trunk. It stops short, working it's jaws as it listens to something.

It's life is cut short by an arrow piercing it's abdomen. It doesn't even have time for a surprised squeal as blood splurts from the ghastly wound. It drops to the forest floor, it's breathing ceased before impact.

The Engineer, slinging a wicked black recurve bow, saunters over to take stock of his kill. He picks up the arrow, the dead mammal still swinging from it.

Kinda puny. Maybe we should throw it back.

The Engineer's newly found offspring, Joachim Bright, sidles up beside him. He considers the fresh kill, not looking entirely pleased to be out here.

It's already dead. It would be a waste.

You're practical. I like that.

Engy slings a sack to the ground and tosses the squirrel inside, arrow and all. Joachim stands still, arms wrapped around himself, his breath writing puffy clouds on the chill air.

Why are we doing this?

The boy inquires without even looking at his father. Engy turns to him.

You got a problem with hunting?

It's kinda stupid when you already have multiple dead cows in the freezer at home. But...not just the hunting. This. Is this bonding?

The elder puts his hands on his hips, looking exasperated.

Well eeeexcuuuuuuse me for wanting some father son time. Are you really that eager to be piss broke and busking for quarters from suburban soccer moms again?

You and I both know I'm not here of my own free will....

Like you were free before? Take it from me kid, poverty ain't freedom. The fringes ain't freedom. It's just death out there. I'm offering you STABILITY. I'm offering you something I didn't have at your age. A step up. An outstretched hand, there to pull you out of the shit. I was too fuckin' stupid to accept that kind of help back then. But you? You're so smart. So what's your excuse?

Can we just go back, it's....

I want you to work for the XWF.

Joachim looks at him incredulously.

What?!

Look kid, I know you can handle yourself. I know you can fight. I've seen you. You're a little scrapper. Plus all that weird flippy-shit dancing you used to do to make a few extra bucks. You got grace. I think you could pull it off.

Joachim shakes his head emphatically, sputtering out a response.

Wha....? N-No! No! What part of my personality makes you think I would enjoy a job that involves physically assaulting people on a near daily basis?!

Well you don't HAVE to enjoy it. I mean....I do. But anyway! I think it would be good for you. Listen Joe, you're a good kid. TOO good. Too naïve. How you've made it on the streets coasting on other people's good graces for so long staggers me. It just blows my goddamn mind. But you are a victim waiting to happen....

You just got done telling me I could handle myself.

Yeah, from some pervert who gets a little handsier than you expected when you're down and out and turnin' tricks. It gets worse.

You didn't have to....fuck you man....

Engy's comment clearly flipped a switch in the boy, pulling at the nerve of a past trauma spoken of off camera. Joachim turns and starts heading back.

Do you even know where to go?

I'll figure it out.

I'll make you a deal.

Joachim stops in his tracks, but doesn't turn to face him.

What?

If you can make it back to the house without me tagging you with an arrow, you can leave.

And now Joachim turns, his eyes set on his father in an intertwined ballet of anger, fear and confusion.

What the hell are you talking about “tag me with an arrow”???!!!!

The Engineer draws an arrow for the recurve and notches it in.

Tag. You're it.

Joachim, clearly starting to lose his cool, stumbles as he takes a half step back.

This isn't funny!

I'm not joking. You have so much raw talent. So much that I didn't have. But this world is going to eat you alive. You're wasting your one minute lead.

Joachim stumbles back more now, face warped with disbelief. Engy raises the bow at him and Joachim takes off at a run, sputtering and cursing as he goes. The Engineer follows the boy's movements through the razor tipped edge of the arrow until he is just out of sight, disguised by the light snow that has begun to fall. He then lowers the bow.

I'm not gonna shoot the kid! Jesus, what do ya take me for?

He turns to the camera with a sardonic smile, puffing freezing breaths into the air.

I like the kid, I really do. But he needs to stiffen his spine up, he needs to experience that kind of core shaking terror that makes a man able to handle anything that comes his way. And yeah, I admit it, I want him to be a bit more like me.

Let's walk and talk, XWF.

He beckons the camera forward as he starts making his way through the underbrush in his son's general direction.

So....I'm back! Hold the fireworks and jazz hands though, it's only been a month. I'm doin' ok though. Body is feelin' a lot better. Detox kinda sucked but I think it did the trick. And I'm not gonna do that douchey “the place fell apart while I was gone” shtick. XWF stands resolute.

The Motherfuckers however, do not.

He throws a pointed look at the camera while he walks.

Oh don't give me that, guys! You know I'm right. What with that clotheshanger abortion of a Universal Title match, and BWP not even bothering to show up to cut promos, it would seem the bottom has fallen out of what was, not even a month ago, one of the XWF's two premier super groups.

Now I'll be the first to admit I didn't carry my weight at War Games. It wasn't my choice to get pulled from active competition but I laid the foundation for it to happen so ultimately, yeah, it was my bad. But everything after that? Not on me. Not in the slightest.

Hell, I wanted us to FLOURISH alongside Apex. We were going to lead the XWF into a new golden age, an age with all the excitement of a Cold War sensibility with none of the mutually assured destruction. We could have milked this for years! Think of those buyrates!

He shrugs.

And now what? Are The Motherfuckers even a “thing” anymore? Is BWP about to abscond again? Can Robbie ever save face after that...that THING....that happened with Danny Imperial? It's an uphill climb to be sure. But it doesn't have to be the end. No, not if the Motherfuckers are willing to do one teensy tiny thing to save themselves.

Give me the reins.

INTERLUDE

We go now to the younger Bright, who has just ducked behind a large tree. He fumbles for his cell phone and, shooting a brief look back and behind the mighty Oak, starts to dial a number. The person at the other end answers after a few rings, and Joachim hisses into the phone.

Madison, you need to help me.

At the other end of the line, Madison is getting a manicure from a wincing old Korean woman she just got done verbally abusing.

Hey cutie, what's up?

Dexter is chasing me through the woods with a bow and arrow. You have to call him and talk some sense into him.

Madison laughs, and Joachim screws his face up in annoyance.

Jo Jo, he's probably just messing with you. But if you really want me to...welllllll....

Well what?

You gotta fuck me.

The boy pulls the phone away from his face for a moment, muttering a curse under his breath and looking for Engy again before retuning his attention to Madison.

I'm serious!

Me too. About you pounding me in the ass while you recite my favorite chapter of Mein Kampf and interrupt every few minutes by asking me if you're being a good boy. No Joachim, you are not a good boy. You're very, very bad. And that's how mama likes it.

Come on!

MY TITS! Stole it from Archer, but couldn't help it.

I am NOT having sex with you.

Well then at least one of us is still about to get fucked.

**Click**

Madison? Madison?!

The faint sounds of The Engineer cutting his promo can be heard in the distance. Knowing that he has nowhere else to run, Joachim steels himself, closes his eyes, bites down on his bottom lip with a determined countenance, and proceeds to hall himself up the tree he was hiding behind.

END INTERLUDE

We return to the Engineer, picking his way through the woods. He crouches a moment, taking note of some broken twigs, and resumes tracking his son.

Ya know, one of the thing's I've really prided myself since getting my head turned on straight a few months ago is that a lot of what I say in my promo's really can't be disputed, at least not without forcing the person doing the arguing to look really, really stupid. I tell the brutal truth. And I'm about to spit some at you boyos right now.

Robert Main was right. I am the member of The Motherfuckers with the most credibility. That's not ego. Not petty narcissism on my part. It's just a fact. I am the longest reigning champion currently in the XWF. I am a double champion. I am the 2017 King of the Ring. Not a goddamn bit of that is up for debate. And up until recently, I would have said that despite all those fancy accolades Robbie Bourbn still held one hell of a claim on being our leader. But after what happened this past week? Naaaahhhh.

I'm not trying to be an asshole guys. I still like you. I still count both of you as friends. Which is why I'm telling you like it is and not sugar coating it. Now sure, my leadership will come with certain....alterations....to our modus operandi. You will find that I'm a bit more directive in my leadership style than Robbie. But less like a dictator and more like a corporate CEO who really knows what the fuck he's doin', ya feel me?

B-dubs, I know my actions at War Games never sat right with you. I understand why. You're a weapon, born and bred. And weapons need targets. They need to fight. They need to kill. Peace makes you obsolete. But what you never seemed to get is that while I wanted a detente with Apex, there is still a whole world of assholes in this place BEGGING to be put out of our collective misery. There's still plenty of fighting to be done man, I promise. And you will never run out of work with me pulling your trigger.

Think it over. Get forty winks on it. I think you'll come to see things my way.

The Engineer's attention is pulled by a sound nearby. He raises the bow and smirks.

Jo Jo....come out come out wherever you are.

He carefully makes his way forward, planting his feet in the recesses between brush, body tensed and ready to strike like a predator at one with the night. He pulls himself up next to a large tree, casting about for any sign of Joachim. And that's when the boy drops on him from above. Joachim lands on his father's shoulders, wrapping his legs around his head and neck and pulling him to the forest floor hurricanrana style. Engy loses his hold on the bow as he drops. Joachim never releases the hold, synching The Engineer's head between his thighs as he leans up and starts hitting him in the face with a series of rapid closed fist blows.

Jesus....stop hitting me!

But Joachim doesn't relent, he keeps peppering his father with strikes, each one angrier than the last.

Ugh....FUCK! STOP!

The Engineer picks Joachim up powerbomb style and drills him into a nearby log, splintering it. Joachim finally is forced to release, and he curls up in a fetal position as he tries to recapture the breath that was just pressed out of his lungs. The Engineer drops into a seated position himself, holding his hands out protectively.

Relax....relax....just a fuckin' test....

Engy wipes a trickle of blood from his nostril.

It's okay, I wasn't gonna....

FUCK YOU!

The bitter words shatter the still cool air between them. Joachim, holding his abdomen, sits upright. He glowers at Engy, and Engy looks away, shakes his head, and then returns his son's stare.

Jesus you got fight in you. It'll serve you well in the XWF.

What part of I'm not going there did you not grasp the first time?

Oh I grasped it fine. But you're wrong. You'll go. And not because I force you, but because you'll see its the right thing to do.

How do you figure?

Oh come on kid, grow up. You gonna jump trains and sit in social justice warrior drum circles the rest of your life? Huh? Stick it to the man by staying broke and hungry? By staying a nobody? You want to help those gypsy friends of your down south, I mean REALLY help them? A charismatic, athletic, personable kid like you can make more bank than you could ever dream of. Send some of it back to them and really make a difference in their lives.

No. The XWF it's....broken. It's debauched. It's fucking sick. I want nothing to do with it.

Then make it better.

Joachim looks away this time now. His breathing starts to come under control.

Why are you doing this?

Because you interest me. And you're my son.

In that order?

Sure.

Joachim shoots his father a final pensive looking before clambering up to his feet. He looks back in the direction of the house.

Should I have the wait staff set you a place for dinner?

The boy starts walking without offering a response. The Engineer smiles knowingly as the scene dissolves to....

[Image: a0984516414_10.jpg]

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like The Engineer's post:
(01-21-2018), JimCaedus (01-22-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (01-25-2018)