Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
“Mrs. Cage’s Baby Boy”
EvanderCage

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Evander and his mother Janice had an estranged relationship. There was a long period in his life where she didn't want to be his mother, and it hurt him a lot, but over the years they were able to salvage something out of the broken pieces and Janice would grow to have a son and for Evander the mother he always wished for, kind of, he wanted his mother to be more like Carol Brady from The Brady Bunch, but she was a little different. Janice drunk a lot more than Carol, smoked more pot than Carol, cursed more than Carol and slept around a lot more than Carol. Evander never knew who his real father was, Janice kept it a secret from him. She did get remarried though to Chuck Connors, a really nice guy, but someone Evander despised because of his attempts to try and be a father figure to Evander. “Chuck fucking Connors better not be at mum’s,” Evander said to himself in the car driving to the home of Janice Cage.

Evander pulled up in the driveway and much to his disgust there was Chuck Connors waiting at the front. Evander got out of the car and Chuck made his way over to him. “Hey, buddy, your mother is not in a good mood. Just thought I would give you a little heads up.”

“Just fuck off Chuck, she’s probably not in a good mood because you're around… You dick,” Evander said in a very serious tone but for whatever reason Chuck thought he was joking around and instead gave him a big smile.

“That’s my boy! Always joking around. Anyway, I have to run off and do some errands so I’ll give you and your mum space to talk stuff out. But if you're not busy later me and the guys are going hiking and you can tag along.”

Evander took a deep sigh and thought about replying but instead he ignored Chuck and walked passed him heading into the house. The moment he entered the house he could feel the mood drastically changed. The presence of the pissed off mother was lurking and at any moment she was going to strike. There wasn't much Evander would be able to do to prevent himself from her wrath. He knew why she was angry too—

“You’re returning to the ring!” Janice yelled as she laid eyes on her son. “I cannot fucking believe you, Evander, you made a fucking promise to me that you would never return to the ring, especially after that hell in a cell match that almost killed you. I had to sit there and watch as they stretchered you out. I sat by your side in the hospital with the fear that you might never be able to walk again. Why? Why the fuck do you have to wrestle again? You’ve accomplished so much. There is no need. Is it because of money, please tell me you haven't been blowing all your money on hookers again, have you? You're in deep trouble… You're in very deep trouble, aren't you? My God, Evander! Drugs? Damnit! If you need money then your dad has offered for you to work with him." The moment she said ‘dad’ was the first word Evander had actually listened to. Before that he had zoned out while she was ranting.

“Chuck Connors is not my dad,” he said angrily. “Don’t even know who my dad is because for whatever reason you have to keep it a secret from me. Could he be so bad? Did you fuck Charles Manson or something? Is that why you don't tell me who it is?”

“You watch your fucking language when you're in my house,” Janice said snapping at her son again.

“Alright, mum, I’m sorry. I didn't mean to say that.”

“I’m sorry too,” she started to say. “It’s just, it was tough seeing my son almost die. Do you want a drink?” They both made their way into the kitchen. Janice took out a beer for herself and a can of Pepsi Max for her son. Evander opened the can and took a large mouthful of drink before reaching into a bowl filled with Skittles and taking a handful while Janice started rolling a joint. “Why do you have to wrestle again?”

“Because I love to wrestle, ma, it has always been that one constant thing that I love. But too many times this love has turned its back on me and left me a broken mess. Every time I would find a great company to compete at, at first everything would be great, but then something would happen. Some kind of drama, some kind of political bullshit, something would always get in the way of me having that one true amazing run where I’d be remembered for being a great champion and a great talent between those ropes rather than having controversy surrounding my career. Me coming back is to prove that I am a great professional wrestler, so it’s something I need to do because if I don’t, mum, then I am going to regret it for the rest of my life. Plus, if you're lucky, it might be my last match. If I lose they are going to fire me on the spot and give my opponent a contract.”

“You know I have always cheered for you but in your next match I’ll be cheering on Benny Vendetti. I want him to win so you can officially retire for good. I’ll be there to watch the match too, I’ll even take Benny out the back for five minutes if it means he will be motivated to kick your ass.”

“I don’t think he is interested in you, ma, and I don't think Chuck would appreciate that,” Evander said as he thought about the possibility of Benny being his new stepfather for a moment, certainly better than having Chuck Connors be his stepfather, but still probably not the best idea. He watched as his mother lit the joint up.

“Alright, Evander, if you feel you have to go ahead and do this then I ain’t going to get in your way. You’re your own man at the end of the day and I could give all my motherly advice and shit, but your mind seems to be set in returning to the ring and competing. I don’t agree with it, I don't want to be back in the hospital wondering if you are going to be able to walk or not. But this has been your life for a long time so I understand your decision. Just watch out for yourself in that ring, oh, also watch out for yourself outside of the ring too. It’s been on the news about the Pittsburgh Prowler getting around lately.”

“The Pittsburgh Prowler?” Evander asked confused not knowing about it.

“Some guy wearing a clown mask is going around the streets and jacking off in front of people. Calls himself the Prowler.”

“Probably Chuck,” Evander thought to himself. He decided not to say it. Instead he sat back and finished his can of Pepsi Max. They sat there talking about other small things as Janice drunk her beer and smoked her weed. He was glad they were able to get on the same page in the end, maybe deep down she didn't want her son returning to action, but at least she was able to respect him and let him make his own decision. This was a big development in the relationship of Evander and Janice, a good development, as they were able to sit down and talk things out. It also meant that she wouldn't be much of a distraction heading into his match at Savage.

On his way back to his apartment he thought about everything that has happened in his career. All the ups and all the downs. Making a name for himself in Steel City Wrestling along with his best friend Nato, his run in Total Extreme Wrestling and winning the Supremacy tournament, his run in Gods of Wrestling and becoming essentially the number two guy in that company. Although past success didn't mean much if he didn't back it up. It was five years since he competed and almost a decade when he achieved a lot of that success and XWF was a different place to the ones he wrestled at before.

The XWF had a very rich legacy dating back to 1999 and has been home to some of the elite in this industry. Guys like James Raven, Peter Gilmour, current Universal Champion Robbie Bourbon among many more were living legends and one of the reasons why Evander wanted to come here is to prove himself against competitors like that. To prove that he could not only defeat them but to also carve out a legacy like they have. But first he would have to defeat Benny Vendetti and it’s not going to be easy. Two great talents going at it for a spot on the roster. One would have their career ended at that very moment and the other could go on carry out that legacy. Then the possibility that both could have their careers ended at Savage. They are going to tear each other apart for that contract and the match is sure going to be brutal. Like two animals that hate each other locked inside a cage with the winner gaining freedom, although the hate is not personal, it’s just about surviving and living for another day. Self preservation.

Evander is no saint. For the most part he plays by the rules, he enjoys the competition and likes a fair game, he believes in himself usually and that he has the talent to win against most people, however, he isn't afraid to cross the line at times and bend the rules to his advantage especially if it’s a big match situation with a lot writing on the outcome. This was a big match situation, despite it only being a dark match, this might well be the biggest match in the career of both men. In one year from now one of these men could have gone on to great success, becoming a champion, possibly becoming the champion, and they will look back to the dark match on an episode of Savage Saturday Night and realise how lucky they were. While the loser one year from now, well who knows where the loser is going to be one year from now.

Evander hit the record button on his phone to send a final message before his upcoming match, “I’ve pretty much said everything I need to say about the match. Benny, I don't know much about you and you probably don't know much about me and I am sure I will be hearing from you soon. I’m sure you will have some words for me, you will try and get into my head and all that. I’ve heard it all before. Look, this Saturday one of us will get a contract and the other will have to do something else with their lives—one of us will be here and one of us won’t. I wish you the best of luck. I sincerely do. If I am to get a contract then I want to prove it because I am great which is why I need to beat you at your very best. Bring everything you got. Go to war with me. Step in that ring with the intent to fucking murder me. Make this dark match the most talked about match of the year, no the decade, fuck it, make it the most talked about match of the century. Let’s show the entire world what it means to be apart of the XWF. What we are willing to do to get a contract and if we are willing to do that then they can all imagine just how far we will go in achieving greatness in this company. See you this Saturday.”
Edit
[-] The following 2 users Like EvanderCage's post:
Drew Archyle (01-16-2018), JimCaedus (01-22-2018)