Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:59 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
"Returning to the End" or a "New Beginning"
EvanderCage

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2018, 04:37 PM

It had been near five years since Evander Cage last danced inside the squared circle, and many had assumed he was retired for good—hell, even he thought he might never step inside the ring again, yet here he was about to return to action in what could possibly be his final match if he looses. One of his last matches was a multi-man hell in a cell which saw him be thrown from the top of the cell and down onto the announce desk below. Ever since that moment he had hadn't been the same. It took a lot out of him both physical and mentally. The question some had been asking is why return now?

“It’s simple really, I need to know if I still have what it takes to be successful at this. I wasn't happy with how I walked away from professional wresting and it’s been eating away at me. Sure, I could have return to the ring a long time ago, but the timing never seemed to be right until now. I feel for the first time my mind is clear. My body might not be as good as it once was but mentally I am free from a lot of the shit that had got in my way in the past,” Evander answered before taking a sip from a can of Pepsi Max.

He was on board the SS Skittles; a small fishing boat that he bought a while ago to give him something to do with all the free time he had acquired since no longer wrestling. Also on the boat was a camera crew and a director/interviewer named, Gloria Spencer, who had been interested in Evander’s comeback story and decided to go ahead with an independent documentary that would document not only his comeback but everything that was going to happen, although there might not be much to document after finding out that his first match could be his last match.

“If you win you will get a contract to the XWF, however, if you lose then that’s the end of your career, or at least the end of your career with this particular company. Your thoughts?” Gloria asked.

Evander took another sip from the can of Pepsi Max and pondered the question for a moment before answering, “this particular company is all I am interested in, Gloria. There’s a reason I came here and not to anywhere else. Because I look at the roster and it’s filled with some of the best talent I have ever seen. To prove that I can still be good at doing this then I need to prove myself against the very best, therefore, if I am to lose, then that’s the end. I can’t go anywhere else because everywhere else is less superior to XWF and I am only interested in being the best and beating the best.”

“Your first match back is going to be against, Benny Vendetti, how are you feeling going against him?”

“Look, I don't know too much abut Barry—“

“Benny,” Gloria interrupted correcting him.

“Right, Benny, I don't know too much about him. Which might come back to haunt me because he could take me by surprise. All I know is that the both of us have a huge opportunity come Saturday night at Savage. A chance for one of us to receive a contract and the loser will be fired on the spot. Here’s the thing though, Gloria, I am motivated to go out there and give it my all, I really am, but at the same time if I lose then fuck it, if I lose then I know that I wasn't good enough and I can still walk away knowing I gave it my all. I walk away with my head up high and the career of Evander Cage will officially end. For Benny Vendetti he will be able to steak claim to being the one that ended my decorated career. I’ve achieved a lot of in my career. I’ve won countless championships in the past, I’ve been at the top in different companies in the past, I’ve been in involved in some amazing matches in the past and I have no doubt that our match at Savage is going to be amazing. Shame that it’s a dark match because if Benny Vendetti wants this contract as much as I do then the both of us are going to war and we will tear the fucking house down and put on a match for the ages.”

“I notice you used the word ‘past’ a lot, tell me, what does the future look like in the mind of Evander Cage? Surely you must still have goals going forward even if this match could be your last.”

“I know it’s such a cliche thing to say, but I am going to take it one week at a time, at least in the beginning. I could sit here and say how I am going to go on a quest to become the Universal Champion because holding that title is the pinnacle of this company. I could tell you how I’ll be the best wrestler of the year, how at some point I am going to defeat one of the best on the XWF top fifty list. I can talk about how I am going to do this, and how I am going to do that, and that’s fine, but it won’t mean shit if I don't get the job done this Saturday. So all I am thinking about at the moment is my upcoming match. I am thinking about how I am not going to hesitate in breaking Benny’s fucking neck, not because I am a bad guy, but because I am just a guy that needs to prove to himself that he can still go in that ring. To prove that I can leave behind some kind of legacy. To have that one consistent run that won’t be clouded by drama or bogged down by the politics behind the scenes. I am here to be the best, it’s that simple, there is no other agenda. So Benny, if you're listening to this, I’ll see you on Saturday and I wish you all the best and if you beat me and receive the contract then I hope that you go on and have great success, however, if I beat you then no hard feelings.”

It had been near five years since he last competed and now he was heading into a match that could be his last. In a way for him to make his big return only to lose and have it end would be somewhat beautiful in a tragic way. Evander Cage was no stranger though to big time matches where the stakes were huge. He had performed under pressure before and knows what he needs to do to perform in his upcoming match. He would go out and give it his all because that’s what he always does. One of the burning questions though was how well his body will hold up after the years of physical abuse both inside and outside of the ring.

While it wasn't too well known about his past drug and alcohol addiction and the toll it had taken on his body, it was known about all the damage he took during his time in the ring and a quick Youtube search would show some of the matches and highlights on what he has gone through. Being thrown from the top of a cell in New Edge Wrestling, the brutal steel cage match he had against his best friend in Steel City Wrestling, the weekly damaged he took competing in Total Extreme Wrestling. His body was no longer one hundred per cent and Benny Vendetti would definitely have the advantage especially if the match does turn into an all out war like Evander predicted.

The boat arrived back at the dock and the camera crew were packing their equipment in the van. Evander and Gloria were left alone on the SS Skittles as they both gazed out at the river. “Good luck with your match this Saturday, Evander, hope it all goes well.”

“You need me to the win, though, don’t you? For me to lose means the documentary you're working on is finished unless you want to follow me around and document my dull life and its boring routine.”

“I’ve got other projects that I am working on, but yes, it would still be nice if you win. I’ve been following your career for a long time now. I was a huge fan of Steel City Wrestling and hope to do a documentary about that one of these days. I am a little bias in wanting you to win not only for my project but because I am a legitimate fan of your work. So once again, good luck and I wish you all the best. I’ll be cheering you on,” she said as she exited the boat and got into the van with the rest of the crew. Evander watched as they drove off. As he was about to leave too, Evander received a text message on his phone. It was from Janice Cage, his mother, and the text simply read: Need to talk now. ASAP.

“Shit,” Evander said to himself. “Fucking shit,” he added. “Fucking, fucking, shit,” he finally said.

To Be Continued.
Edit
[-] The following 2 users Like EvanderCage's post:
Drew Archyle (01-15-2018), JimCaedus (01-15-2018)