Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-13-2024, 05:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
A Dark and Stormy Night Pt. 2
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

01-05-2018, 02:35 PM

Jan. 11, 1897

[Image: 20130910-vambery-armin-szegeny-dervisnek-oltozve4.jpg]

He wasn’t getting anywhere at home, why not go to the bar?

Stoker had exhausted his goodwill at home, it had now been two weeks and he had writers block. It wasn’t that he hadn’t any writing, it’s that all his stories seemed so bland. He had consulted many of his friends in the theater world for help. All of them had prefaced their rejection with saying that they had very little time for him. Now that he had moved out to the seaside, all his friends were gone.

He noticed a man in the corner trying to talk with anyone he could come in contact with. The man looked like a traveller. He had a thick accent. Maybe this was the type of man Stoker could write a novel about. He moved closer.

My name is Bram Stoker

Armin Vanbery

The two shook hands and the Hungarian proceeded to start telling him about his life. He had left Hungary with the purpose of seeing the world, but ran out of money once he had gotten to England. In his past life, he had spent his time building relationships between the Turks and the English. Many turned to him to get good relationships, but now he had returned back to England and he needed some money to see more of the world.

He had dabbled in writing in the past, but bought Stoker a drink when he found out his background in theatre and literature. He offered Stoker a chance to hear some Eastern stories for a place to stay and a few pounds in his pocket.

Stoker made the deal, but told him it had to be a story he’d never heard of

Arabian Nights?

Read It

The story of the young Turkish ruler

Heard It

The Killer Count in Transylvania

Go On

From this point, Vanbery went on to talk at length about a Count in the mountains of Romania who everyone avoided because no one came back alive. The story chilled Stoker, especially the parts where the legends had said that they couldn’t kill the man because he was already dead.

He had this taste for blood….

Stoker’s wheels were turning. Everything was coming easily to him now. He could picture what would happen if an Englishman went to meet this count. Imagine if he had to spend the night in his castle? This could be terrifying.

When the story finished, he thanked Vanbery and brought him home to spend the night in his writing room. His wife and kids hated having a strange visitor there, even Stoker himself found it tough to not immediately start writing things. But a promise was a promise. Tomorrow he would sit down and write, the writer’s block was gone.

--------------------------------------
Jan. 5, 2018

[Image: old_slains_2010.jpg]

Neville had moved up to Scotland for the day, he would visit Ireland later tonight before moving to America for his match. He wanted to see the areas that Stoker had visited to get inspiration for writing his famous novel. Today’s visit brought him to Old Slains Castle in Aberdeenshire.

The ruins were incredible to look at, large perches rising up from fortified ruins. He could only imagine what this place would have looked like in it’s glory days. Better yet, he could only imagine a psychotic killer owning one of these things like Stoker’s novel portrayed. Imagine owning everything in the world, yet still having a darkness inside that caused you to do terrible things to other people?

There were times where Neville felt this kind of darkness. He’d never wanted to really kill anyone before, taking lives seemed too far. But destroying people and their livelihood was par for the course. He didn’t want to kill people, but he did want to destroy their lives. Maybe the two things were closer than many people thought.

This week brought his thoughts to Mezian. There really wasn’t much to the guy other than crazy thoughts that he was on the same level of him, and this kind of crazy undercurrent to him. Yet Neville felt the need to spoil his return and destroy him completely. Neville secretly hoped his return would go so well, the XWF wouldn’t ever need to hear from the guy again. Maybe this is what killing someone felt like?

Mezian, Yesterday I was a little peeved after having to sit through your promo for this match. I’ll admit that I came off annoyed, frustrated that the XWF couldn’t think of someone better to match me against. I go from Jenny Myst, a woman who is clearly on the rise in this federation to someone who can’t finish matches. A guy who continually gets put in big matches and can’t win them. How would you feel? There’s really no feeling I could have in this situation other than that.

So I don’t mean to give an “it’s not you, it’s me” speech like a teenager experiencing his first breakup. But that’s essentially what this is. I’ve spent time trying to catch an angle on you, trying to see why you keep getting these shots you feel you’re deserved. But there’s nothing there, Mezian will never be someone more than a guy with potential who has never lived up to his own hype.

Neville walks through the ruins

It’s interesting to look at what happens to castles, some stay well preserved, while others… they crumble.

Running his hands through a pile of small stone sediment, Neville smiles as he thinks of Mezians legacy.

So listen up, I feel like this shit can actually help you.

Lesson #1 – Listening to Others’ Stories Can Improve Things

It’s interesting how many people struggle to do things on their own. They lack the creativity to ever put anything of quality on the table, yet the moments where they are inspired, things flow freely. Even the worst of writers can find something when they are inspired by something that sets things into motion. Have you ever experienced this Mezian? Nothing I’ve ever seen by you, whether in matches or in promos have ever seemed inspired. The best compliment I can give you is that sometimes the things you say seem “thought through”. Yet there’s no bigger picture, no bigger purpose, no angle on which we should get invested with you.

You simply do things. And that bores the hell out of us.

Contrast that with what I do, I know my purpose here in the XWF. I know why I’m here, I’m happy to share with you what I’ve come to do, and I put my plan into place every time I step in the ring. I’m here to educate and class up the XWF so people stop looking at wrestlers like they’re the dumbest men and women on the planet. I know what I do in that ring represents what others hope to be seen as here.

You see Mezian, there’s far too many people in the XWF who simply are here. We put up with them week after week, but never see a bigger picture out of them. We don’t need more people like that in our federation, with that type of mentality, you’ll sit at lower to mid-card level with everything. You need to help us see the future, know where you’re going. You’ve NEVER done that.

So here’s my word of advice from you. Listen to what other people in this federation are saying. Study some of the people here who have impact in this federation and try to do what they do in your own way. Learn from them. Don’t simply assume you’re God’s gift to this federation and keep putting out the shit that you do. If you keep headed in the trajectory you’re in, eventually even the TV Title shots will dry up. Don’t be that guy Mezian, please.

Neville sees a group of kids playing around in the ruins. It fascinated him to think that for some this was simply a pile of rocks. They wouldn’t see the greatness of what this place had been, all they can see is what it is now. Rocks.

He thought about yelling at them to get off, but he knew that would be fruitless.

Some people just don’t understand history and value when they see it.

Lesson #2 – Creativity is an Art

Have you ever tried to put yourself through any kind of creative output Mezian? I mean do you have any hobbies? Have you ever painted a picture? Carved something? Learned an instrument? Talent can be learned by anyone, but there is something that sets even the most talented apart – creativity. Anyone can play an instrument but those who can influx some creativity into writing something, creating something, making something their own are the ones who go far with it.

It’s why there’s a difference between a rock star and a cover band. It’s why people make fun of Norman Rockwell paintings. It’s why guys like Kanye West are hailed as geniuses. Creativity and originality is what moves people from admiring talent to loving them and everything they stand for.

The reason I tell you this Mezian, is that you’re a very capable wrestler. Some may even admire you and think you have talent. But there’s no creativity in anything you do. Everything you put forward has been seen before by guys like me many times. I can almost predict what you’re going to do next because it’s so paint-by-numbers and drab.

Make art, Mezian. In all you say and do, make sure you’re someone who appreciates the responsibility of putting something into the world and gives enough respect to those listening to present them with something that both entertains and challenges them. Don’t simply film a promo where you kind of talk with an announcer calling me out saying you’re the best and I’m not talented. That’s what I see week after week and it’s getting old very fast. Think of a hook, why should people listen to you, why do they care? I can’t believe I have to teach you this shit, but everything I’ve seen from you has been the most uninspired, un-creative shit I’ve seen in my time in the XWF. Be better than that Mezian, we need you to be.

Neville wanders over to the kids playing over the castle.

I’ll give you this bottle of single malt Scotch if you promise to leave and never disrespect this area again.

The underaged kids laugh as they choose the bottle over game location. Neville can’t believe he has to resort to buying underaged kids liquor to try and get them off of it, but he would do whatever it took. This place had to be respected.

Lesson #3 - Follow Through on Your Promises

The last thing I’m going to say to you Mezian, is that I hope you do follow through with some of your promises. I’m so tired of hearing people that can only talk shit before a match and can’t follow it through with their own skills. I mean think about how many times I’ve heard people say I’m “not really smart” and that they can’t wait to “come home with the title”. It’s a weekly thing. The only thing that Mezian did to show any note of originality was that he promised to make me bleed. That one I hadn’t heard in awhile.

So here’s your chance Mezian. Me and you in the ring on Saturday. Follow through on your promises. Prove to me why you’re worth this TV Title shot. I dare you to actually bring something good to the ring tomorrow night. I guarantee, if you fuck this one up, it’s going to be a long, long time before they give you another title shot if you lose as badly as it’s looking right now. Maybe after Saturday you might even need to be out because of another “neck injury”. It’ll be months before you’re relevant again.

Make me bleed, bitch…

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neville Sinclair's post:
Mezian (01-05-2018)