Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 02:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
A Night Out Pt. 2
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-29-2017, 08:44 PM

May 8, 1945

[Image: 0271F0540000044D-2949887-image-m-7_1423695654319.jpg]

Due to the overwhelming response of the crowd, the Royal Family had been asked one more time to stand out on the balcony and wave to the crowd. Noticeably absent were the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. Most had assumed they’d slipped into one of the many rooms in the palace, but they had more exciting plans.

The Princesses watched their own family walk on to the balcony from behind the gates. It was incredible to be on this side of things. The way the people loved their family, the way they needed their royalty to stand as figureheads impressed them.

They would never forget this moment.

Come on, lets go into the city

The palace sat a good 30-minute walk from the rest of London, Elizabeth was cautious, but Margaret couldn’t be convinced otherwise.

Thousands of people were on the street, some with beer in their hands, some dressed in their military uniforms to celebrate. The war was over, this was what freedom was like.

I think we should go back…

And miss this?

As they approached an area with a pub, they could hear the singing from 5 minutes away.

Let’s go inside

The pub wasn’t anything special. About 15 seats and a dart board made the interior quite unremarkable. Today more people were interested in simply grabbing a drink and walking into the street. Margaret approached the bar and ordered a beer. Elizabeth stood back shocked and uninterested. Most days the pub owner wouldn’t have served such young women, but today was a day to celebrate. They could do what they wanted. Margaret took a sip of the house bitter, and pulled back immediately. Elizabeth smirked as she knew it wasn’t anything she would enjoy. But today, anything went.

The two women were noticed by two young men in the pub

Sit down will ya?

They both giggled at the attention they were shown. This was a new thing for both of them. Margaret took another sip of her beer and tried hard to hide her displeasure. The young men got more aggressive, moving closer to the princesses. Elizabeth rolled her eyes as they tried a few lines on her, but grew more nervous as time went on. One of the men slipped his arm around her waist, if he only knew who she was, he wouldn’t try this. This kind of move would surely end in arrest or execution. Seeing Elizabeth uncomfortable, Margaret brought the attention on herself and announced she was heading back outside.

In the streets, the crowd had erupted into a unified version of “God Save the Queen”. The two princesses weren’t sure they had ever heard anything more beautiful. In the midst of all the suffering of war, the Royal Family was the one who provided hope for the people.

Elizabeth felt a tug at her waist, it was the overly drunk guy from the pub again. She removed the hat she was wearing as a disguise and announced herself to man. He cowered away, knowing he’d just committed a grave mistake. It was time to go home. But the princesses had learned something about being a Royal, she had learned something about herself, her role, and the people she served.

---------------------
Dec. 29, 2017

[Image: buckingham-palace-gate.jpg]

Neville stood outside of the gates that held the public back from Buckingham Palace. It was incredible to see tourists from all over the world flock to see where the Royals stayed. He saw a number of smiling children admiring the building they had seen only in television shows. This was a place of importance, he was standing in one of the most importance places in the world.

People had debated the need for the monarchy in England for some time. Everyone wondering why so much money was spent on a family that didn’t seem to have any real power. The Royal Family now sat as figureheads. A family that symbolized what England was, is and could be in the future. It was great to see what was happening in the Royal family these days. With Prince Harry’s upcoming wedding, they were actually breaking ground on who was a part of the family and people were noticing.

Neville wondered how he would be remembered in the XWF. He probably couldn’t stay TV Champion forever. Neville would have to evolve. Change could be hard, but it was necessary to stay relevant. Neville wasn’t sure what the future looked like, but he knew after WarGames, he had to learn some things.

Jenny, I have to say that I am most disappointed in everything I’ve heard from you. I’ve actually had to weather a wave of emotions trying to figure out how to respond to this. First, I was confused. I thought there had to be some kind of mistake as to what you did at WarGames. Then I’ll admit I was a little hurt, thinking that I had tried to play nice for the first time in my career and seeing where it led. But now, now I’m driven. You see, you fucked over a number of people at WarGames, but I’m the lucky one who gets to take it out on you after.

You might think I’m worried that I’ll lose my belt. I’ll admit, I am slightly concerned because now I’ve seen just how unpredictable you are. But greatness in men comes from stepping up when something needed to be done. So really, the opportunity for me to kick your ass means a whole lot more to this federation than the belt I hold.

I see you learned absolutely nothing from my last promo, so I’ll try again. Maybe if I use smaller words, you’ll hear something.

Lesson #1 – Understand what a Queen actually does

I always laugh when I hear the difference between what an American thinks a queen does, and what we know she does. American’s have some grand notion that the Queen is the one who holds all the power, the one who calls the shots, the one who orders executions and sets military actions. When I hear Americans talk about the Queen, they simply see it as a position of power, something they can wield over their enemies heads.

But it’s funny to see what royalty really is like. Most in the Royal Family actually struggle with the responsibility placed on their head. They know they’re only figureheads and so appearance is everything. Many feel held back by their position, and desire time to be able to do whatever it is they want. Is this why you are now calling yourself the Queen?

The difference between you and I is that I actually think I understand what it means to be of Royal Blood in this federation. While you try to bring the position down to yourself, feeling like you’ve earned it and everyone has stepped in your way. I aim to put the work in the prove myself the greatest champion we can have.

Before I try and get a Universal Title shot, I want to make sure I’m ready for it. There really is something about Americans and entitlement going well together and I would encourage you to look into it.

Being a queen doesn’t mean you’re going to rule with an iron fist. Most queens that run things that way last 10 years or less. Being a queen doesn’t mean you’re going to run around and do whatever you want. It means you stand as a figurehead, it means you do what is right, it means you take on the responsibility of your position, it means you represent the XWF well.

Have you done that with the title you currently hold? I mean right now you are a Champion in the XWF, but you seem more interested in winning more like they’re some kind of collector items. You then go into WarGames and pull off an asinine stunt that means you’ll be noticed. You’re the girl who dreams of being a Princess because you think it will get you noticed. What you fail to realize is that being a queen is a hell of a lot of work.

Neville sees a young girl in a princess dress walk up to the Buckingham Palace gates and spin. While the moment was really cute, all Neville could think of was the poor naivety of that young girl. She’d been lied to as to what a Princess really was. It reminded him of Jenny, instead of doing what was right for the federation, she twirled around her princess dress and tried to make everyone notice her. No wonder she quoted a Disney Movie so faithfully last week, she was living in a fantasy world.

Lesson #2 – Understand what boring actually means

I found it hilarious to then hear your last promo and how you changed absolutely everything from the first time you talked. Gone was the talk about me being overrated like a Movie made 25+ years ago. Gone was the talk of my cockiness and overbearing nature. Instead you chose to focus in on something a little more tangible. You tried to convince anyone listening that I, and my promos, were boring.

You were one of the girls who sat in the back of the class and didn’t listen to anything the teacher said weren’t you? You squandered the education you were given because you didn’t find it entertaining enough for you right? It’s interesting to note how many students do in school based on the attitude they bring to things. The ones that are categorized as lazy and unmotivated are often the ones in the back of the class and do what they want according to their own whims. The ones who are more mature and carry more of the leadership traits are able to find themselves engaged, even in subjects they have very little interest in. How do they do this? They listen and engage with the material that is presented them.

I’m sorry you find the stories I tell boring Jenny. I’m sorry you don’t think I’m interesting enough to engage with fully. But I think that points to a bigger problem in you, not me. You see Jenny, it’s so obvious that have problems engaging with things that aren’t spelled out for you. You can’t actually listen to what someone is telling you. You jump to conclusions and put your own persona over the details that are actually given you.

I engage with story because I think it can point to something deeper than simply what I can trash talk. The stories are carefully selected and told based on ideas I want you to think about. But that’s boring right? I mean we can’t possibly learn anything from our past. We should be more interested in the woman who spouts fortune cookie sayings like “Success is the best revenge”, “Pain is weakness leaving the body” and my favourite “Monsters aren’t just men”. I mean I’m pretty sure Kim Kardashian has used two of these sayings to tag her Instagram pictures.

But I’m the boring one?

Jenny, you live in a world where it’s celebrated to sound deep even if you don’t say anything. People take great sayings and use them completely out of context to sound deep and important to those who don’t know better. Learn from history, put the quotes you hear into context, read a book. These things might seem boring to you, but this is what builds real depth in life.

Learn something, bitch.

Neville takes a flask out of his pocket and takes a shot out of it. It had been awhile since he had Scotch time while filming a promo. Lots could change, but Neville would always have a few things that would stay the same.

Lesson #3 – Understand that even the most mighty need to learn something

Because you don’t seem to get the reason I tell historical stories, I’m going to spell this one out to you very clearly. Years ago, two princesses snuck out of the palace on a night of celebration. They spent the night with the people and learned some things from it. In fact, one of the princesses is actually the Queen right now! And she’s been known as one of the best monarchs we’ve ever had because she values and cares for the people she serves.

Fuck that, don’t make me do that again Jenny, just listen to the damn story next time.

What I’ve seen time and time again from you is that you don’t value the person getting in that ring with you. You don’t value me enough to listen to what I say without whining how boring it is. You don’t value me enough to not use me to make a name for yourself on a big stage. You care about yourself and that’s it.

Jenny do you understand in every fight it takes both people giving their all for it to be good? Nobody wants to see a one-sided fight. Even if you’re going to lose, you still make it look good for the sake of your own pride and the fans that have come to watch you. People that are in it for themselves genuinely don’t care who is in the ring against them. They are reckless, injure others and look disinterested when it doesn’t benefit themselves. This is who you are. You’re a pain in the ass to work with, and for this reason, not worth even the championship you do have.

I want to encourage you to learn the value of the other person in the ring with you, Jenny. I don’t say that to be cocky. I’m not demanding you notice me or any other shit like that. But what I am saying is that I demand you bring your best on Saturday. If this is my last day as TV Champ, I want to go down in a damn good fight, and I refuse to lose it to a disinterested, self-focused bitch like the one you’re coming across right now. Let’s fight Jenny. I’ll see you Saturday.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Neville Sinclair's post:
(12-29-2017), Chris Clemens (12-29-2017), JimCaedus (12-29-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-30-2017)