Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:22 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Just Can't Quit You
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-15-2017, 06:56 AM

We open on The Engineer and Madison Dyson seated at one of those long cheap particle board tables. Behind them a large banner is unfurled on the wall, announcing “Dexter Bright: Vision. Toughness. Dedication.” with an austere and highly retouched side profile shot of Engy looking wistfully into the future.

Madison opens a manilla folder in front of her and looks at the kindly looking old woman sitting in front of them.

Hello Esther, and thank you for your interest in the Dexter Bright campaign. I understand your interested in doing cold calling?

Esther brightens and leans forward.

Oh yes! I love talking on the phone and I've always had a way with people.

Well, we can certainly use personable and charming people like yourself on our side!

Madison flashes Esther a toothy smile and Esther returns it.

There's just one bit of business we have to handle before we continue. Now, I'm sure you've heard all the hubub in the news about sexual assault accusations and men just generally being huge perverts.

Esther bristles.

Oh yes, it's awful, just AWFUL! Why, between that terrible Kevin Spacey man and that Harvey Weinstein. Although I guess the second one shouldn't be a huge surprise, my mother always said to never trust a Jew!

Engy coughs to conceal his laughter. Madison stone faces it, smiles, and keeps going.

Yes, yes, well, suffice it to say with all of this media coverage and all these accusations being thrown around one cannot be too careful. So Mr. Bright has this document he needs to read you and you understand that after hearing it, if you opt to continue working for the campaign you surrender any legal right to level any kind of sexual harassment charges against Mr. Bright. Ready?

Wait...what?

Engy picks up a piece of paper and clears his throat before continuing.

Please be advised that anything you see, hear, or feel that you interpret to be a form of sexual harassment will, I assure you, NOT be sexual harassment. Anything you interpret to be a form of coercion or an implied threat that your employment will not continue if you do not engage in a sexual activity with myself or any member of my staff will NOT be so. Furthermore, if at any point you see me in any state of undress, or bear witness to all or part of my penis, know that such an incident has no sexual connotation to it whatsoever and is completely accidental, incidental, or both.

Esther looks like she is started to get flustered.

Is all of this really necessary? I'm an 84 year old grandmother of 7!

Oh really? Congratulations! And yes, its very very necessary. These are dangerous times we live in and wayward accusations are sinking people's careers and candidacies left and right. Plus, Mr. Bright has a history of being into some freaky shit so your age is kinda irrelevant.

Trust me, this isn't fun for me either. Do you fully understand what I've just read to you?

Oh....well, I suppose....

Engy gets up and extends his hand.

Then welcome aboard the campaign!

Esther gets up, still looking a tad confused. She goes to shake Dexter's hand, but Madison intervenes.

Any form of physical contact with the candidate is not permitted. Please proceed through the door to your left and Shirley will have your instructions. Thank you, have a wonderful day, and God Bless America!

Madison gestures for Esther to proceed to the door as Engy awkwardly pulls back his hand. He slumps back down in his chair, looking annoyed.

This kinda sucks.

Yeah, well this is the reality of political campaigning in the year of our Lord 2017, so suck it up buttercup.

I wanna take a break. Hey, was the Warfare card sent out yet? I bet I'm facing Gilly.

Yeah, that's a fuckin' bye week if I've ever heard of one...

Madison pulls out her phone and starts tapping away at it. Finally, she pulls up something on her screen. Her face pinches in confusion.

There's gotta....huh...there's gotta be some kind of mistake...

What?

Madison holds a finger up, gesturing for him to wait a moment. She dials a number, waits for a few rings, and then proceeds. All the while, Engy is perched on the edge of his seat, waiting for an answer with a distinct look of impatience.

Hey Jefferson, it's Madison. Yeah, so um, the Warfare card? Engy's match? Is that “real life”? Uh huh. Uh huh. Yeah, I'll wait.

Madison mouths “He's double checking.” to Engy.

Yep, I'm still here. **pause** Your kidding. That's legit, that match is LEGIT then? Huh. Well, thank you. See you in the skybox.

Madison disconnects the call. She turns to Engy, her face non-expressive.

Jenny Myst.

What about her?

That's your next challenger for the X-Treme championship. Jenny Myst.

And then, like the subtlest trickles of water serving as a violent precursor to a dam breaking and flooding a small Turkish village, both of them crack and....

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 08aaa7a9a5015f0af016ae6d6cb9156d.gif]

[Image: O97G1_s-200x150.gif]

They both slowly start to wind down the raucous laughter. Madison starts wiping tears from her eyes.

Heh heh...hooooooo weeee, and I said PETER would be a bye week. Wow. Ya know, I'm not even mad that your getting at her before Mercy does. This is gonna be fucking GOLD.

I know, right? I think I'm gonna take a moment and cut a brutally scathing promo on Jenny. Madison, can you go in the next room and start giving the newbies their marching orders?

Oh come on! I wanna hear this!

No, no, I would definitely prefer you go work with the new recruits right now. Over there. Out of earshot.

Why are you being weird?

You think my weirdness is a new thing?

Alright. Whatever. But you better make it good.

Madison gathers up all her things and walks into the next room. Engy cranes his head to watch her go, and then, confident she cannot hear, turns to the camera. His expression is totally different now, gone is the confident smile from before. Rather, he just looks earnest and eager now.

Hold on Jenny, hold on! Before you read too much into all that mocking laughter from before you have to know that I had to make it look good for Madison. She still kinda hates you. But me?

He licks his lips and shoots one more nervous glance over to make sure Madison cant hear.

I NEVER quit you, baby.

Engy holds his hands out in a conciliatory fashion.

I know what you're thinking! But this isn't some game, this isn't some set-up for some elaborate verbal takedown later in the promo. I just seriously never got over you. Ever. Remember this?

[Image: 661675ef45c453da0cff52f5db8448be.gif]

Aside from the fact that I look really weird and different in that shot, I never forgot that. Being that close to you. Drinking in the smell of your perfume. Being mere inches from those beautiful painted lips. I.....okay, okay, that sounded creepy, I'm coming on too strong! Deep breaths Dex, deep breaths!

I'm not the same guy I was back then. I mean, shit, I don't blame you for not being interested in that guy. I don't even want to be that guy anymore! Jenny, I'm smarter now. I have goals, I have ambitions! I'm the Xtreme champion. I'M THE KING OF THE XWF! You can't tell me your still holding out hope for Chris Chaos. The guy is a chump. There's a reason he's regarded as one of XWF's lamest footnotes, why nobody takes him seriously. But they take me seriously now Jenny. Nobody's laughing at The Engineer anymore!

Plus, Chris never respected you. He talked shit about you, treated you like a piece of furniture! And the derision he had for you! Didn't he call you simple before? You don't deserve any of that. You're so much better than that.

Everybody hates on you and I just don't understand why. I mean, why? Because your confident? Because your tough? Because you staked your claim on the Bombshell division and never wavered? But when a man does those things he never gets shit on! I'm no feminist Jenny, but I'm secure enough in my masculinity to appreciate a strong woman when I see one. You are a strong woman Jenny, and you don't deserve all the BS you have to deal with because of it.

And, well, there's something else I respect you for too...

Engy grimaces and drums his fingers nervously on the table before continuing.

We're both survivors, Jenny. You've always been pretty up front about the terrible sexual abuse you suffered, being forced to turn tricks for a man who didn't even know the true meaning of the word “father”. I'm sure you heard all the stuff I've been disclosing about my past too. It's kinda funny I guess, but you probably never figured we'd end up having something like that in common. But the difference between you and me is that you never actually let it completely break you. But me? I lost so many years of my life running from it. I guess in that sense, you're kind of stronger than me.

We've both walked through the fire and flames, and anybody who hasn't lived it couldn't possibly understand. But I understand. And in those quiet moments, where the memories come rushing back. When all those old fears and anxieties come crawling back to convince you that you're still trash, that you're still not worthy, that you still DESERVED it, I can be that listening ear Jenny. I can be that one who understands.

The hell with Madison. Give me a shot. Just one shot, that's all I ask. Let me take you out for a nice evening. We'll go to a fancy sit down place, you can order whatever you want. And we'll just TALK, Jenny. No expectation of anything else. I think you'll find that I'm a new man.

And as for our match, which was WILDLY unexpected to say the least, I'm going to treat you like any other competitor. No more, no less. Because that's what you are, a COMPETITOR. I'm not gonna soft ball ya or try to do any creepy stuff. But I do want to win and I hope you don't hold that against me. The Xtreme championship has become very important to me and I just need two more defenses before I earn a 24/7 briefcase. I don't need to tell you all this, you're a champion in your own right, I'm sure you get it.

Engy looks back in Madison's direction again.

I should probably get going. But please think about what I said. This isn't a game. I really care, I really think we could have a lot in common, and I....I think you could help me be an even better man. I.....

For a moment, he looks overcome with emotion. He swallows deep.

....I love you Jenny.

He smiles sheepishy, and cannot even seem to bring himself to look at the camera. He gets up hastily and walks off camera, causing the shot to fade to....

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like The Engineer's post:
(11-15-2017), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (11-15-2017), Finn Kühn (11-15-2017), JimCaedus (11-15-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (11-18-2017), Vincent Lane (11-22-2017)