Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 03:03 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Here's To Us, XWF RP 1/1
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-27-2017, 09:43 AM

I was a fool for thinking that I could just say that and not give you all a proper goodbye to everyone. Might as well raise that dirty glass of poison to each and every single one of my fans and friends over the years. I love each and every one of you. I will address you first, Jim.

There is no hatred from me to you, Caedus. I just saw an opportunity to face somebody I respect and admire so I took life by the horns. I may be old, fat, and broken down. Each day goes by. I am only getting older and fatter but I still got one little spark left deep down in my soul. I used to compare myself to Jaromir Jagr but the difference is Jagr can still go. I am fighting a losing battle against father time.

I tried to convince myself that everything is gonna be okay. I can use my smarts to survive in this business. I'm gonna be okay. I was only lying to myself. Trying to numb the pain and ache in my body. There are days I wake up and can't feel my right arm. It randomly goes numb on me. I am scared that the doctor is gonna tell me to hang up the boots. I know I need knee replacement surgery. I know I can't keep going at this level.

It scares me knowing that I gotta hope for the best but expect the worst to hit me. You are one of the best talents I have ever seen hit the XWF, Caedus. I respect you and it was nothing personal. I just hope you don't take it personally once that bell rings. Once that bell rings, The pains and aches suddenly disappear as a jolt of adrenaline hits my body. This really may be my final stand. But never say never in this business. I don't know if I can withstand another beating in the ring. But for you Caedus, I will take whatever you throw my way.

We are both former World Champions. I represent a bygone era. With the exception of Gilmour, Raven, and Shane, I am one of the final ones standing from that era. I was twenty-eight getting my only World Title Run. I am thirty-three now and barely mobile. James Raven is still a beast. Gilmour is doing what he does best. I cheered so much when he became Universal Champion. As much as we may not see eye to eye on a personal level. I respect him as a competitor. Who knows where Shane is.

But you, Caedus, You are a true legend in the making. A guy who never knows when to quit. I just hope you don't make the same mistakes I have by drinking alcohol and willing to bleed everywhere on top of falling off high structures.

In 2008, I was some young guy coming into the XWF looking to make his mark. Jonathyn Brown took a chance on a guy from Boston who wasn't the best looking. Who wasn't the flashiest guy in the ring. What he got was a guy who was willing to go the distance. Was willing to sacrifice his body to entertain the fans.

Had a couple of X-Treme Title reigns under my belt. Without Jonathyn, There would be no Barney Green. Even if he completely embarrassed me with his showing against The Kings™ when he teamed with James Raven and Vinnie Lane. At least Lane put up a good fight. James Raven was a fucking beast for that team.

Both Hardcore Smitty and Outsider Stone took a liking to me. Those two crazy Canadian mofo's who brought chaos into my life but at the same time, stability. Without Outsider Stone mentoring me, I would have never reached the level of success I did. Same with Hardcore Smitty. Him and I facing off in that match we had at his PPV was a blast. Even though I lost, I still felt like a winner.

It's ironic when you think about it. Every big match I have had that showcased my talent, I have lost in some form or fashion. Hell, I tore down the house with Centurion in a Steel Cage Match that I lost. I proved to the world that there was some fire left in my tank at 28 after I lost my World Title. Hell, I won the World Title in a match I officially lost when the Universal Title was on the line as well and it was the main prize.

Much respect to Jeff "Dirty Bird" Night for keeping me in line. Might as well raise a glass. That guy has traveled the road with me since I started wrestling and is the longest friend I have had in this business. The guy who helped keep me sane after Foley Anderson died and I had to go out and fight for the XWF Championship against both Scorpio and Tristan Slater.

Foley Anderson was a great man. The guy who trained and mentored me in this business when I started. I still use his Foleyplex in tribute to him and may he rest in peace up above with the Earth Mother watching over me.

John Laurinaitis. Another guy who has helped train and mold me into the wrestler that I am today. Might as well raise another glass to him. He helped revitalize my career when I thought I was washed up and done. He gave me that spark to continue moving forward.

Every single person I have mentioned has motivated and shaped me into the person I am. I may have put too much mileage on my body. But at the end of the day, It was worth it. I have no regrets and who better to face in a final match than Jim Caedus.

Might as well pour another shot and enjoy the ride. I could panic and be scared about facing him but I am not. I am content. I am ready for war. Whatever pain comes my way, It will be worth it in the end. My luck may have run out but meh, why not?

Enjoy a nice beer and steak the night before with my friends and the fans who have supported me over the years. Drinks are on me. I am the true King of the Night. Drinking late at night in hotel bars and then getting up early in the morning. Hitting the gym and then go eat some Burger King. That Bacon King Sandwich is fuckin' amazing. Representing Boston for one more night.

I am Barney Allison Green. I am not an evil man. I just wanted to push the limits. I am a loyal friend until you screw me over. Then you deal with the consequences. Good luck, Caedus. I couldn't have asked for a better opponent. Just promise me one thing, Destroy The Kings™.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Barney Green's post:
Finn Kühn (10-27-2017), JimCaedus (10-27-2017), Vincent Lane (10-28-2017)