Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Robbery Pt. 2
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-24-2017, 12:50 AM

October 23, 1828

[Image: burke-and-hare-robbing-gr-z.jpg]

The bodies had started to dry up. Since Burke and Hare had been selling bodies for medical research they’d been making a lot more money than they used to.

They had worked out the perfect scheme. Hare’s mistress owned a lodging house, if they gave discounts to senior citizens at the end of their life, they could keep doing the coffin scheme – replacing the bodies with wood and selling the cadavers for research. But the last couple had defied the odds. They weren’t dying fast enough.

Burke and Hare decided to once again meet with the medical lecturer – Richard Knox, they sat at a table in a pub close to the University of Edinburgh

We need more bodies men, this one every couple of weeks isn’t cutting it, and the ones you’re bringing in are of the finest quality

Burke and Hare looked at him incredulously. It did seem rather callous to speak of the dead that way.

Well Sir, I mean we are doing the best we can, it’s not like we can speed up the process.

On Hare’s statement, Burke immediately had an idea. He signalled that the two men needed to ditch Knox and talk later.

The reason I need you guys is because the other bodies we’re getting are all much older. For a lot of them, full rigor mortis has set in and it makes it very hard to do any research. Remember, the fresher the better, try to get the bodies to me as
soon as possible. I can even go up to 10 pounds per body.

Knox picked up his jacket and wished the two men well. Hare and Burke immediately turned towards each other.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Donald had been ill for a long time. Starting off with what seemed like a cold, his health had deteriorated to the point that he knew there was no recovering from this. This was the end of his life, he was sure of it. His family would fight over what was left of his wealth when he was gone. But for now, he just wanted to be alone.

He had moved into the boarding house for some alone time. He could live out the rest of his life with dignity here. The caretaker in the building, Richard, would come and bring food once or twice a day.

He heard a knock on the door, as Richard entered, he noticed another man with him. This was the first time he’d ever come with anyone.

Can I get you anything, Mr. Smith?

A pillow would be nice

Richard Hare moved towards his closet and took two extra pillows. He put one underneath Donald's head and saw his chance. The other pillow went over his face.

Donald was too weak to fight back. He kicked up a little bit of a fight and tried to scream, but two men holding the pillow was too much for him. His feelings went from confusion to shock to sadness. All he could wonder is why is this happening. He should have stayed with his family.

Then the world turned black

-------------------------------------------------------------
Oct. 23, 2017

[Image: 155031-university-of-edinburgh.jpg]

Neville walked the campus of the University of Edinburgh. It was nice to be back in a place of education. Everywhere he looked, students with their arms full of books and laptops slung over their shoulders rushed from place to place. He remembered what it was like to be in college, surely he didn’t look this young. These students looked like children.

It was an interesting thing to consider that people had invested into Neville’s life at places like this. Neville had come to places knowing he was above the curve in many areas of life. Professors that knew more than him quickly showed him that he didn’t know as much as he thought. It was a time of great learning when he attended Oxford, but it was also a time of great humility. Neville found out he didn’t know everything.

Micheal, there’s a place for respecting people who have fought in the wars before you. That’s pretty much how every society works. Elders are shown respect because youth realize that they have so much to learn from them. It’s always a sad day when those who are younger realize that they have become better than those they learn from. It’s sad for the teacher, because he no longer feels like he has anything to offer. Either they must move on to someone else and repeat the cycle or they give up feeling like they won’t have another relationship like the one they’re losing. The student feels betrayed as well, this person who knew everything and was a source of respect for them, now sits a mere mortal in their presence. Their hero has fallen.

Graves, I feel like today is that day in our relationship. You were once someone I looked up to. You were someone I genuinely wanted to learn from. The devastating thing for me, is that now I see how clearly beatable you really are. Half the shit that came out of your mouth last night with your promo was unintelligible. You certainly didn’t do yourself any favours by what you said. I’ll explain why as we go on. But last night, I realized that I was the one running this. Everything with you revolved around me, as if you were learning from what I’d accomplished.
Last night I realized that I was the one who deserved to be looked up to in our rivalry. If you showed anything from that ridiculous rant last night, it was that you were learning a lot more from me than I was you.

Neville watched as a student came out the door begging his professor for mercy. It looked like he had handed in something late, the professor wasn’t having any of it.

You need to realize that a little tough love builds character. So listen up Graves, as I give it to you straight. Please pay attention.

Lesson #1 – Focus on Yourself

The reason I speak with as much conviction as I do, is because I see a problem happening in this federation. Everyone seems to want to base who they are on what others think of them. I know that might seem a little vague, but follow with me. Everything here seems to be reaction, and that’s what is keeping a lot of people from achieving what they want to. Everyone wants to be acknowledged, and once they’re recognized, then they start communicating about things. Because of that we’re in a federation of copiers and weak non-creative types. Maybe part of the reason I enjoy being in the TV Title picture is because at least newer people keep things fresh. I mean how boring are the motherfuckers and whatever the fuck little stable you’re in now? You pass through members like the Sugays pass through fuck-buddies.

I mean let’s look at your last promo. It would have been something interesting to get to watch you establish yourself, but instead I’m stuck watching some dumbass introduction about Alice Cooper??!? You then follow that up with saying that you know history? It would have been one thing to have felt like you were making fun of me, but this was far too dumb for satire or mockery. Seriously congratulations on listing his Wikipedia page and trying to include that in your promo. You see there’s a difference between listing facts and telling a story. Maybe, that’s why it’s so tough to listen to you. You’re so obsessed with listing things you think are facts, that you don’t speak in a language that makes anyone want to listen to you. And that half of your facts are incorrect assumptions, made by a man with clear mental issues, that blows my mind. Seriously Graves, this is what people consider is worthy of Top 50 in the XWF? Either you’re playing way below your game here, or it’s pretty fucking easy to be considered great here. You just have to hop on whatever trendy fight is coming next, team up with other bored superstars who think teaming up with people is more interesting than showing the fans about themselves. I guess you just get to ride people’s coat-tails to greatness here.

But maybe it’s worth showing people who you really are. I mean, let’s go figure out who “The Dark Warrior” really is. But I bet we won’t. Mostly because “the Dark Warrior” is such a vague gimmick that there’s not much to hold on to. Are you in darkness? So is everyone else. Darkness is such a vague, overused term, that it doesn’t say anything about who you are. Maybe it means you’re evil, maybe it just means you’re mysterious, either way it makes you look like shit. Which is only amplified by the fact that you seem to brag about no one knowing a thing about you. You actually threw the idea that you might be a masked pedophile so you can say we don’t know you? Where the fuck did that come from? How did you think that was a good idea? Maybe you’re an idiot… Or no, wait, maybe you’re just a bland superstar who says things he thinks will shock people.

Neville looks at some students carrying freshly graded papers. It would be interesting to see what people would have graded Graves’ last promo. Neville would have given it a hard D+, it passed, but certainly wasn’t very good

Lesson #2 – Know What You’re Talking About

It’s interesting to note how when a person talks shit about one thing, you lose trust and assume the rest of what they’re saying is full bullshit. Let’s go back to this Whisky argument for a brief second. You say you drank a different bottle of Crystal Decanter Macallan Lalique? There’s no fucking vintage on that Whisky. There was only one bottle of Crystal Decanter created and it was sold at auction. Why the hell else do you think it was sold for 600, 000 pounds, which is over a million US dollars? You see, Graves, this is the difference between google and actual research. Even if someone told you that this is what you were drinking, you still could have researched it and found this out. Instead I’m guessing you googled “Most Expensive Scotch” to show that you too, can drink good Whisky.
Research takes work, you want to find things from more than one source. But I guess you can’t be bothered with that, can you Micheal Graves?

What’s really interesting is that I think this shows that it’s hard to trust you. You can’t even do basic research for something that’s incredibly specific. But we’re going to trust you with the title? No, Micheal, this title deserves to stay with someone who actually puts in the effort to do work. I mean, it’s a hard thing to have to defend your title week after week, why give it to someone who can’t put in the effort to look things up? That’s the difference between you and I Graves, you see this title as a stepping stone to what you really want. I see the title as something I’m proud to hold. But thanks so much for telling me rules I already know! Your weak-ass effort to try and make me look stupid really worked well!

Neville pulls out a flask filled with Scotch, now this felt like he was back in college! Maybe he should stop drinking. Graves had just called him out for being an alcoholic. Neville was a bit sensitive towards this. That lasted all of 3 seconds. Maybe Neville could also shove a box of twinkies up his ass, that sounds like something else that might come from the mind of Micheal Graves.

Lesson #3 – Mind Your Own Business

I think it’s time we finally addressed the number one thing you seem to have a problem with. My keeping of the TV Title longer than you think I should. I mean you’ve now spent the majority of two promos thinking that this is my major flaw, and that you should now expose this to the rest of the XWF. “Neville’s held the title too long, that must mean he’s scared.” “Neville must want to simply stay with the rest of the easy competition”. Believe me, I’ve heard that, I’ve listened, and I’ve come to the conclusion about one thing…

It’s none of your fucking business.

Your entire argument revolves around the fact that you think it looks bad that I keep my title. Indirectly, over half of your promos are telling the rest of the federation that I’m too good for where I am. Think about that for a second, you want to prove that you can beat me by showing the federation that I’m amazing?
Maybe I like the structure of Saturday nights, maybe I like the competition more. Maybe I just like the opportunity to be a fighting champion who gets to hone his skills week after week with a ton of different competitors. But what difference does it really make to you? The only one I can think of is that you want the title like everyone else.

You do realize that if I wanted to fight the competitors that you think I should be against, I could always hop over to Wednesday Nights and challenge them right? You do realize that I wouldn’t have to give up my title to do that right? I don’t roll over for anyone. I do what I want when I want to do it.

But I’ve actually got a big announcement to make tonight… I’ve figured it out. The day that I will finally be the longest-reigning TV Champion will be April 24. The promise I can make for all of you is that if I still hold the title on that day, I will drop it and get my title shot.

Until then, who knows? I can be unpredictable. Maybe I will cash in, maybe I won’t. It’s up to me to decide, and I’ll do whatever is the best option for myself only. Let’s make a deal though, ok Graves? I won’t tell you what to do when you lose the TV Title shot and get laughed out of the company by a bunch of asshole veterans who think you should have your way down here. But only if you stop talking about my title reign like it’s some kind of mistake.

I am damn proud to the TV Title holder, and I will do what I can to make sure this doesn’t end at the hands of some moron.

Neville smiles, and enters through a door, a classful of students greets him. A sign hangs, as the door closes, “Neville Sinclair – Common Sense 101”.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Neville Sinclair's post:
(10-25-2017), JimCaedus (10-24-2017), Vincent Lane (10-28-2017)