Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A Very Good Man - The Introduction
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-23-2017, 08:02 AM

His eyes blinked the sweat away, the sting as they made contact with his eyes nothing compared to the pain his body was feeling. It felt someone had just taken a hundred knives, drove them through his body and had kept twisting. Well… For where he found himself right now, it was altogether possible that he has metal twisted into his body, he wouldn’t know till he looked. He couldn’t move of course, he could feel, but for the life of him couldn’t recall how to move. The lights of the… Where was he again? Wherever he was, the lights just made his headache worse, nobody’d told him the pearly white gates of heaven resembled the glare of white tungsten LCD lights.

A silhouette slipped into his field of vision, covering the lights and plunging him into darkness. His chest suddenly felt like it was afloat, a weight he hadn’t realized was on him had been lifted off his body. His lungs opened and he took in a massive gulp of air, apparently he hadn’t been breathing either, huh, funny. The smell of blood wafted in with his next breath, yum, he wanted to lick his lips but he couldn’t remember how. Jackson’s voice registered in his head, he wanted to roll his eyes at the concern clear in it, but he just couldn’t remember how.

Huh. Funny.

”Go grab some sleep, Rhi, you look like you need it.”

”Excuse you, Jackson, I look so good right now, do you see this complexi-“

Rhiannon pokes at her cheek, looking at herself in the mirror, she cant’ help but frown.

”Okay, maybe you’ve got a point, but you aren’t doing much better either.”

”Well, I was prepared to not sleep tonight, you know how Danny likes to celebrate after a win?”

”Well, you weren’t expecting to be watching him bleed out in a hospital bed looking like a wedge of cheese.”
”Hm, I didn’t, but considering the idiots he was in the ring with, I should have.”

”Don’t give me that self-deprecating shit, he was as idiotic as anyone else in that mat-… Well, except for Main, Chris, Reno, Scu-… Okay, he’s just an imbecile as well, okay. You shouldn’t be stressing, he seems stable enough.”

”Says the girl who’s been standing here, unwaveringly, since she got here… Right beside me.”

”Ugh, point tak-“

”So is anybody going to help me scratch this horrible itch by the left butt cheek, or nah?”

Danny piques up from the hospital bed, a pained smile cutting into his bruised features. Jackson and Rhiannon come closer to the bed, looking down at him.

”If only someone could scratch the eternal itch of your existence, Daniel.”

Danny sticks his tongue out, flinching at the pain even that slight movement causes.

”Aww, you missed me, didn’t you. How… How long was I… ugh, out for?”

”Just about a day, you stabilized about two hours after they got you here, but slept like a baby.”

”I’m assuming I lost because that case isn’t here, what happened. No wait, don’t tell me, Caedus.”

Jackson just replies with a curt nod, Danny closes his eyes, and his smile gets wider.

”That’s fine… Oh that’s just perfect. Fuck.”

He very slowly turns his head to look at Jackson.

”Main. We’re going to have to kill Main.”

His voice is matter of fact, Jackson, for a second, thinks it’s the split-personality, before realizing that it doesn’t matter. They did have to kill Main.

KROPOTKIN

Who?
KROPOTKIN

What?
KROPOTKIN

Why?

All such important questions, well, more important for Danny than for Kropotkin. You see, whatever happened to taking him seriously? To feed him what he deserved to eat, rather than meat that’s been festering at the bottom of the barrel. That’s what Kropotkin is, yes? The bottom of the barrel both in talent and relevance to the company. Whatever does it mean for a man like Danny, who dances in the heavens one day and is subjugated to this nonsense the next.

No, Kropotkin is a good man, no no NO! He’s a good man. A very very good man!

Danny’s phone chimes on his bedside table, the screen lighting up. Before he can reach to check what it is, Jackson speaks up from a chair in the corner of the room.

”Don’t bother, that was Vinny’s PA, you’re not doing it.”

”What’re you talking about? What does that budget Buffalo Bill want this time?”

”He just put up the booking for Warfare, he has you facing a Kropotkin, I’ll send him an email to point it out, must just be an error…Your current state slipped his mind I’m sure.”

”Tell him I’m doing it.”

”You, your wheelchair and your neck brace? Fuck yourself.”

”I’m sorry, are you the one in the ring?”

”I’d definitely have a better shot than the knight from The Holy Grail.”

”Tell him I’m doing it, or I’ll just tell him myself if you can’t listen to an order.”

Jackson shakes his head, looking at Danny with exasperation.

”What, you think I can’t be ready by then? Tis’ just a scratch, Jackson. A few more days and I’ll be out of this dump. Okay, that’s not fair, this is a pretty fine establishment.”

”I’m telling you, you look like Freddie Kruger fucked Edward Scissorhands and their lovechild gave you a cuddle. You’re not going anywhere by Wednesday.”

[Image: tenor.gif]

Danny laughs out loud, pulling himself up into a seating position. His eyelids flutter slightly in pain. Swinging his legs over the barrier, he plants his feet firmly on the hospital floor and rises up to his feet.

His eyes roll to the back of his head, the whites of his eyes clear to Jackson, who rushes forward to catch the boy. At the last second, Danny’s bruised and scarred arm shoots out to grasp the side of the bed, catching himself.

”I’m fine.”

Jackson straightens himself out, smoothing out his slightly crumpled shirt. Danny points to a fresh pair of clothes that had been set out for him, beckoning towards them.

”Maybe I need SOME help. Like… Getting changed. Yea, I could… Hm. You’ve seen me naked, it’s all good.”

Jackson sighs, but is unable to resist a small smile. Danny still has his head bowed, his hair falling over his face. A single tear falls off his face, as his body shakes in pain. Jackson doesn’t seem to notice this as he moves to pick up the pile of clothes. Danny quickly composes himself, biting into the side of his cheek to resist a yell, everything hurt. For all that he couldn’t feel that day, it seemed to all come back to him in one, massive wave.

[Image: tumblr_n7rmoxTu451rck739o3_500.gif]

PAIN.

”I had to google that name, y’know, pull me a Chaos. Kropotkin. Russian scientist, activist, lover of anarchism. Ain’t that cute? You’re some kind of fan of his then? I can respect that. The whole mask, man of few words game you try to play is kind of like that guy from V for Vendetta right? You’re nobody, you’re an idea? Batman styled, symbol of the people. You’re the wrestler XWF needs, not the wrestler XWF deserves, am I right or am I right? I get it, really. It really must give you some sense of purpose.

It really must make you feel relevant.

It really must make you feel… Bigger than a man.

I think that’s important. You know, it’s important to feel like you’re a part of something bigger. I do. I like to think that in the grand scheme of the world, I have a significant part to play. The fates themselves have picked me, for what? Who knows. But they have a plan for me. Destiny, hope, fate, all have a purpose in this world. I’ve spoken about it all before, so you can rest assured that I’m not just fucking with you here. It’s necessary to be a puzzle-piece in a bigger work of art. Anarchism, is simply your work of art.”

Danny flourishes his hands in the air, spreading his arms out to mimic pulling a scroll open.

”I respect that. I respect anyone willing to come out and fight for what the believe in, I respect anyone who’s willing to clean up the city in a manner they deem fit. You, my dear friend, are definitely worthy of my respect. I’m unlike all these other fools you deal with, you see? I’m confident in my abilities, but won’t put a good man down for doing what is right. I’m not going to insult or disregard you, because you don’t need or deserve that.

You’re a good person Kropotkin.

A good person that I don’t want to hurt.”

Danny looks away from the camera, inhaling before turning back to the screen.

”But you see, some people we need to hurt. Some people we need to destroy… And SOMETIMES, you can’t help but to enjoy yourself. We don’t want to destroy you, but we do want to destroy. We’d rather it was one of those snot-nosed brats like Scully or Jim Caedus, but you… You’ve got worth. But you’re also in our way. By no fault of your own mind you, the brass just doesn’t want to give us WHAT WE WANT. But nevertheless… Perhaps we must feast on you before another comes in our way.

And do you expect us to fear you? We hope not. Friend, you’ve been chucked into the ocean, with a shark circling you. We don’t usually feast on masked, political ideologists, but we’re hungry and we’ll make an except just this once. And we’re sure Danny would love to tell you we’ll go easy on you, try not to destroy you to within an inch of your life… But we aren’t going to promise that.

Au contraire.

We’re going to end you. We’re going to end your wrestling career.

BUT!

That means you can focus on your community projects, singing in old folks homes, and all the other feel good shit you get up to, you son of a bitch! Ooooh weee!”

[Image: GrossKaleidoscopicCattle-small.gif]

Clapping his hands excitedly, Danny smiles wide into the camera. A little red tinge from exhaustion taints his iris’, his lips swollen and read as he repeatedly licks at them.

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperial's post:
(10-23-2017), Unknown Soldier (10-23-2017)