Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Robbery Pt. 1
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-23-2017, 12:32 AM

October 22, 1827

[Image: Burkeandhare.jpg]

The pair needed to find a way to make money, this was desperation time.

William Burke and William Hare had moved to Scotland together a few years before. Work in Ulster, Ireland had dried up and they could barely afford a meal, let alone make a decent living, so Edinburgh came calling. Burke had left a family behind promising to send money their way, but upon arriving he found a mistress almost immediately and stopped sending the tiny amount he had been giving their way. This led to the men being seen as scandalous, even before they started making it in society. Bread and water was a typical days meal, the two would wander the street looking for something left behind they could sell. This was common at the time, jobs were scarce and usually given to family members, so everyone else was forced to fend for themselves.

Today was an especially tough day. The two had gone to try and find jobs in the area, a new mining camp had opened. But that fell apart when it was discovered that William Hare had slept with the owner’s wife. Edinburgh wasn’t particularly well known for it’s natural resources, it was more of an education town. Since Burke and Hare weren’t educated men. It was getting tough to find a way to make money.

Burke had heard about a medical lecturer willing to pay for jobs they could do. The two men went to meet with him at a pub.

So, we’ve heard you paid well. How much are you talking?

Burke cut right to the chase, this was what matters.

We are talking about £7.10

For one job! That’s more than enough to cover rent!

Burke and Hare looked at each other. The man they were talking to seemed fidgety. He was a slight man, with a socially awkward demeanor. Robert Knox was a popular lecturer at Edinburgh University. Burke shot Hare a look as if to say to not give away their excitement.

One more question…. What’s the job?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old man had died in the night, it had nothing to do with Burke and Hare. He was a tenant in a house that belonged to Hare’s mistress, she called the two men right away.

They assumed responsibility for his body, he had no family nearby. They brought the coffin upstairs and placed him in it. They then picked up the coffin and felt the weight. Taking his body out of the coffin, they then filled it with wood, enough that people would carry it and assume the body was still there. Taking the wood-filled coffin to the mandatory church funeral, they waited until it was buried and left.

The next day they came back and wrapped the body in a sack. Slipping the wrapped body into a carriage, they made their way to the University. Years previously, the death penalty had loosened. Since medical research could only be done on executed criminals, the number of bodies used for research had dried up.
Burke and Hare really felt like they were doing a service to the medical community. Grave robbing was illegal, and getting more common. They now hired security guards to watch over gravesites, getting one there would be next to impossible. But they had figured out the perfect system to get paid. The only question was:

Where would they get their next body?

-------------------------------------------------------
October 22, 2017

[Image: 2553541911.jpg]

Neville stood outside of a graveyard watchtower in Edinburgh. It was incredible to think of what this tower stood for. Imagine a world where people actually tried to rob the dead because they couldn’t afford to live any other way? Can you imagine a world that needs to put security near tombstones because they would get robbed too quickly? It’s quite horrifying really. Instead of letting the dead rest, people were trying to use them to propel them forward in life. Neville was sickened thinking of the lack of respect and value people had for others’ lives.

Neville had watched what happened on Saturday Night over and over again. Standing in a quiet graveyard now allowed him time to quietly reflect on things. He wouldn’t say he was anxious about next Saturday, it actually provided him a chance to once again prove himself. Neville was smart, he always put the right amount of effort into matches that mattered. All that mattered was that he find a way to win. Researching Micheal Graves provided interesting insight into the man who was #36 on the all-time greats list in XWF. Neville knew one thing, he would never be content with #36. He was sure it had taken him some effort to get there, but Neville wanted to be in the top ten, if not #1 some day.

Micheal Graves… when I heard your theme erupt on Saturday night, I wish I could say that I was surprised. I mean I had heard you were the number one contender for the TV title, I was just waiting for something to happen that would bring you to me. I guess a match against a middling fool like “the Wicked Witch Doctor” brings out the types of opponent I want to face. Go ahead, watch the replay, watch the smile on my face as I realize it’s you coming to the ring. I am thrilled to fight you this week.

I’ve been waiting for awhile for a man of your caliber to come and want to fight me. I actually see it as an honour, and trust me, I’ve been watching up on you. Studying your promos and watching your matches have been an almost daily exercise for me. I know I still have a lot to learn in this federation, and this week is my chance to put in some studying.

That being said, I think you have quite a bit too, so put your ego aside for a few minutes and listen to me ok?

Lesson #1 - Don’t Misread Your Opponent

Neville looks up at the tower

Imagine if you didn’t understand why this tower was here. You’d see it, treat it like an esthetic structure and go on with what you’re doing. This was a nineteenth century security system, it served it’s purpose and anyone who acted casually around this, not respecting it would easily fall to the armed men inside protecting things.

I feel like this is a perfect example of what’s going on here Graves. Spending any amount of time listening to you speak tells me that you don’t comprehend what my purpose in the XWF is. You treat this title run like it’s a casual thing, and that I’m somehow lazy for trying to hold on it. Yet in the same way, you prove my purpose by “lowering” yourself to come fight for the title. Allow me to speak fairly clearly about what I’m doing here. I might have to use small words so you understand things, but I think this should clarify the fact that you really don’t know what the fuck is going on.

The reason I haven’t traded in my belt, is because I haven’t accomplished all that I want with it. My goal is never to be a middling champion, I want to be the greatest of all time. I’ve been doing my research on everyone who’s ever held the belt, do you know I’m the second-longest holding TV Title Champion? You speak of your “friend” Jim Caedus as if he’s the one who brought relevance to the belt, yet I’ve held the title already for two and a half weeks longer than he ever did. It’s been 113 days since I’ve won the TV Title and I’ve only ever taken one week off, given to me by management – not asked for, in defending it. The reason I still hold the title is because there was someone called Mr. Satellite/Supernova that held it for 295 days. Sure, it looks like he used a variety of names and personas to retain the belt, but it would be unacceptable for me to come this far and not hold the record. That’s how you move past #36 in the all time rankings Micheal. You do something legendary that people will never forget. That’s how you leave your mark here. That’s my purpose with the TV Title.

You also seem to be just another person who belittles what the title actually is. You talk about in terms like “the television ranks” like I’m somehow a lesser superstar for trying to respect what I have. That’s exactly why we don’t want you as the TV Title holder. I mean the fact that we have one of the best wrestlers having to “come down” to the TV Title to give me a challenge shows the prestige I’m giving the belt. Think about that, would I rather be fighting for a Universal championship that only has to be defended once a month, or would I rather be a fighting champion, winning match after match and taking on everyone who comes at me. You try and call that “padding my record”, I call that taking a risk week after week that I might lose in my bid to become the greatest of all time. This isn’t about the belt anymore, I’m a prideful man who wants to be great. Which brings me to…

Lesson #2 – Even the Old Guard has to Make Way for New Blood

I wonder when the last time you really felt a thrill in this federation was. I’m sure it’s been months, maybe years with the way you’re treating this TV title. I mean watching your promo I was laughing at the fact that half of it was you name-dropping people in this federation that were doing a hell of a lot more than you’ve been lately. You’re part of a club, Micheal, one that is fizzling out in this federation. Look at the wave of retirements lately, maybe you’re feeling like you’re close, maybe you’re just looking for a thrill. But the fact that you’re in this match says a hell of a lot more about you than about me. You simply want this title as a stepping stone to something else. Instead of earning your way up the Universal Title Rankings, you want a quick fix. That says a lot about you.

Have you felt bored lately Graves? I mean, are you all out of ideas for gimmick matches in this federation? It’s hilarious to watch the number of bored, out-of-idea superstars who switch gimmicks and stables more than swingers change partners. I mean people don’t trust themselves enough to stick with who they are and what they do. By the time they finally establish something, they get bored of it and move on to the next thing. Call me what you want but I know who I am and stick with it. I can’t say the same for you. I mean it really was just a few months ago that you participated in a video game fetish match dressed in a Sonic the Hedgehog costume against a man who thinks he’s Super Mario. I mean, What. The. Actual. Fuck? You really saw that match stipulation and thought you could come out looking good after that? Did you both get erections in that dress-up fetish? If so, how was it wrestling with one? I’m dying to know, you sick fuck.

The fact that you thought that was a good idea shows me that you’re old, bored and out of ideas. It’s time to pass the torch on to the young guys here who are actually coming with fresh ideas. I mean I’m already teaching you things. I quite enjoyed watching you drink a fake-ass whisky the other day. Why fake-ass? Well I happen to know some things about the Crystal Decanter MacAllan. Like there was only one bottle made and it was sold to Bill Gates in a Charity: Water auction. I’m thrilled you’re trying to drink a good Scotch, but don’t just google the most expensive Scotch ever made and try to pass it off as the one you’re drinking.

Unless Bill Gates actually handed you the bottle he’s saving for retirement, I’m sure that happened right?

Neville pulls out his Old Pulteney Vintage. It wasn’t the most expensive, but it tasted good and it actually existed in more than one bottle. He pours it into a specially made Scotch Glass enscribed with the words “Fuck You Micheal Graves”. He holds up his hand with four fingers out. Taking three shots, he puts down three fingers leaving his middle finger standing alone.

Lesson #3 – You Have to Earn the Title Like Everyone Else

The part that chuffs me most about everything is that you haven’t really earned your title shot. Congratulations on beating Chris Chaos. That is an accomplishment, but I haven’t seen you fight more than once a month since I’ve gotten here. This title won’t suit that kind of work ethic. Even if you do beat me on Saturday, I don’t like your chances to hold on to the belt more than 3-4 weeks. You’ll get bored, forget to prepare for a match, and get soundly beaten by a guy younger and more hungry than you. Hell, even if I lose, I’d want my rematch and win my title back.

Neville holds up his title

You see, Graves, this title here matters to me. More than you could know or imagine. This is who I am in this federation. I’m not some flavoured-ass star who tries to align with people to make his own life easier. I stand on my own and I fight for what I want.

Taking this title from me would be robbery. You and I both know that. I have a lot more I want to accomplish with this belt, and I’m going to fight like hell to keep it. But I’ve got some things I want to take from you – namely your pride, dignity and the prestige that would come in destroying a man who used to be great. I’m all about survival Micheal Graves, even if it means taking your dead-ass to medical research, I’ll do what I need to in order to get mine. I’ll find a way to win, even if it looks like the odds are stacked up against me.

I’ve been fighting for this belt since the moment I got here, and there is no way a dumb fuck “warrior” is going to take this from me. Do you hear that loud and clear Graves?

Neville imagines what must have happened when someone tried to rob a grave. He imagines they would be beaten, kicking and screaming about how they’re just trying to survive. But no mercy would be shown. You don’t take what’s not yours. Neville knew that clearly, and it was just a matter of time before Micheal Graves would as well.

Bring on Saturday, Asshole.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Neville Sinclair's post:
(10-23-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-23-2017), JimCaedus (10-23-2017), Vincent Lane (10-28-2017)