Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:18 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Insane Challenge RP1
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-22-2017, 05:37 PM

Twenty-four hours have passed since defeating Chris Chaos on Savage I still haven’t came down from the high. It was six months ago that I was granted a Universal Title match against Chris, and it was six months ago that I fell short of my goal. That loss above all others has remained a black mark on my record. I knew that I had what it took to beat him, I just needed another chance. Sure, you could give me crap for confusing him with by concealing my identity or having those druids come out at the start of the match to throw him off even further, but mind games are part of the game around here, and I’ve always been pretty good at them. This week however, I don’t plan on playing any mind games with my opponent. I requested a match with Neville Sinclair because I, like most others, recognize him for what he is, a very talented wrestler who is stuck defending a title against mostly losers. It’s high time that Neville get’s a challenge that’s worthy of his skill, and even though I admittedly don’t have much interest in becoming the TV Champion, I’m still willing to jump at the opportunity to meet him in the ring.

Of course, after giving it some more thought over the weekend, I’ve also came to realize that maybe the TV title isn’t as worthless as I first suspected. After all, holding it for eight weeks does present the opportunity to “cash it in” for a Universal Title shot, and that’s ultimately my goal here. Win the belt that slipped through my fingers last March. Winning this match, this title, could very well be my quickest path to that goal. Hopefully Robbie Bourbon is still holding the belt by the time I do manage a shot, because that’s another man, much like Chris Chaos, that I owe a beating to.

The basement of Micheal Graves family home is the scene for today’s recording. Of course you wouldn’t immediately realize that this is a basement since it is completely finished with drywall and carpet. As the camera pans around the room you see various wrestling paraphernalia from Micheal Graves career. Championships that were captured in various federations over the years. Old tights, costumes, and mask from the different evolutions of his in ring character. Props that have been used in his promos over the years, like the dog kennel that Dolly Waters was held prisoner in, and the electric chair that was used in a match that dates back to the turn of the century. The camera pauses on the chair. It’s only a moment before Micheal walks into frame and takes a seat in said chair. Micheal acts as though the camera isn’t even there as he brings a glass of what can only be presumed to contain whiskey to his lips. He takes a small sip and savors the flavor for a moment. Finally Micheal pulls his eyes away from the glass and stares squarely into the camera. He has a pleasantly chill demeanor about him as he begins to speak.

I must admit Neville, I’m not much for alcoholic beverages, but this bottle of Macallan Lalique Crystal Decanter is delicious.

Micheal pauses to take another sip. This time licking his lips afterward.

Again, a fine liquor, and to think, I never would have thought to try it if not for you. Who knows, maybe I’ll head down to the library later and study up on some world history as well.

Micheal finishes off the glass of scotch before placing it on the floor beside of him. He then leans forward, interlocking his fingers and resting his hands in his lap.

Probably not though, if I’m being honest. Now don’t get me wrong Mr. Sinclair, I respect the fact that you’re an educated man, and I respect the fact that you have used your hunger for knowledge to not only learn trivial bits of information that you have proven to use as a way to paint your opponents as imbeciles and inferior, but also to seek out and learn many different fighting styles from all over the world.

Micheal allows a short laugh escape his lips before leaning back into his chair.

You know, if somebody would have told me twenty years ago that I’d one day find myself challenging for a title from a man who made it to where he was because he was the smarter man, I’d have thought them to be crazier than myself. Your reasons for entering this business aren’t unfounded. This business is filled with barbarian like brutes, egotistical air heads, and all other sort of idiot. Myself included, because before you came along, I thought that anyone who would willingly enter this line of work just had to be pretty stupid. Not you though huh? You consider yourself a man of intelligence, yet here you are, working in a business where people often get injured, crippled, even die. When I first learned of you, I didn’t understand it. You’re motivation to be in the business just didn’t make sense to me. I mean, sure, you don’t like the fact that people look up to guys like me. I can appreciate that, but I would have figured that a smart guy like yourself could have thought of a better way to go about changing the world than to become a wrestler yourself. Of course, you do it for sport now, so I suppose that makes a little more sense…

Except for the fact that there is nothing sporting about picking on the weak! You haven’t had a real challenge since you faced Jack Cain nearly three months ago! Since then you’ve been running through rookies like Finn Kuhn, and career losers like The Witch Doctor. Now I know that it’s not entirely your fault. I mean, it’s not like you’re hand picking your opponents. However, you did have the opportunity to drop that Television title after eight weeks and challenge for the top prize in the XWF… Yet… Here we are. If you were truly looking for sport Neville, then you would have challenged your mind and body and seized the opportunity to challenge for the Universal Title. Instead you decided that it was a better idea to stay in the Television ranks and continue to run through easy competition every week. Fair enough, many men may have chosen the path that you're on, but I’d call them cowards as well. That’s what it has to be cowardice. There’s just no other explanation that I can except. I mean, you may try to throw that cliche “I want to make this belt mean something” line at me, but everyone already knows that the TV belt means something. Jim Caedus, a close friend by the way, proved that for the right guy, that belt can mean everything. Neville, you were the right guy at one point, and you remained the right guy for eight additional week, but the minute that you chose to remain champion of a division that held no legitimate challengers to your reign, you ceased being the right guy!

Micheal leans forward again, the calm and cool demeanor from before has completely vanished. It is now replaced with a stone cold look deep within his eyes.

Guys like you make me sick Neville, guys who would rather pad their records than seek real challenge. You may be intelligent, but you’re also lazy! Look at me, look at what I’ve done throughout my career. I don’t always win. I don’t always get to bask in the glory of victory, but I do always seek challenge. Throughout my career I have always pushed myself to find a new level, to complete a new challenge, to become something better than I was the day before. My record may contain its share of blemishes, but those marks come from men who I find no same in losing to. Men like Robbie Bourbon, our current Universal Champion. Men like The Kings, a group that pretty much nobody around this place has been able to convincingly lay a finger on, save for John Samuels of course. Men like Chris Chaos, who may have gotten the best of me with dirty tactics the first time that we faced off, but just last week he found out that even at my age, Micheal Graves is still evolving, still getting better!

Neville, you’re not an idiot, and you certainly have talent. There is no question there. I can even say that I admire what you accomplished when you first entered this company, but the time has come for your spot to be challenged by somebody that has the ability to meet you on an even playing field. Am I saying that I’m as smart as you? HaHa, no, I won’t even go there. What I am saying is that I’m a man that has spent nearly 20 years in this business. I’m a man who has face legends, beaten legends, lost to legends. I’ve experienced nearly every type of match imaginable, suffered more pain than most men ever will and have inflicted even more still on others. I’ve won championships and lost them. I’ve enjoyed the spoils of victory, and suffered through the trials of defeat. When it comes to what takes place in and around that ring, not many have more real life experience than I do, and if I were a betting man…

Micheal pauses as he reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a Philmore Butts better voucher that shows he has placed a $2000.00 bet on himself. He holds it out for the camera to get a clear shot of as he continues.

Oh look, I am…

Micheal tucks the voucher back into his pocket as he continues speaking.

Anyway, as I was saying. If I were a betting man, I’d be willing to bet that my experience in this ring is enough to take your education to task. Am I guaranteeing victory with that statement? Of course not, even an unwashed moron like myself realizes that doing that would be foolish. What I am saying however, is that you are about to face the toughest competition that you’ve had for that title period. I’m not a Jody Madrox or a Big Kahuna. I’m the Dark Warrior Micheal Graves. The most controversial, unpredictable, inexplicable, unconventional, nut job that this company has ever had the displeasure of having on its roster. Yet as much as management has wanted to dump me on my ass in the past, here I am still doing my thing, and why? Because at the end of the day, people like what I do.

I attack management because I disagree with them?

People cheer!

I sever friendships for a chance at glory?

People cheer!

I stalk and kidnap an underaged girl?

Oddly enough, people cheer!

Ya know, I’ve been told that I’m crazy more times than I can count, but I prefer to call myself unpredictably entertaining! Will I just show up for a typical match? Maybe even shake your hand at the end of the contest? Or will I enter this contest as a masked maniac, out for blood more than glory? You may not always know which version of me that you’re going to get, but you can always bet your ass that everyone is going to be in for a good time. Everyone except for my opponent that is. Because for you Neville, for you it’s about to be Hellish. Not only are you going to realize upon researching my career that I am the embodiment of everything that you hate about this business, but you’re also going to come to realize that after I’m done with you, you definitely would have been better off accepting that Universal title shot and vacating the Television Title scene a month ago!

Micheal stands up from his chair and slowly walks towards the camera.

Let me ask you something Neville. Will they still allow you to challenge for the Universal title if I rip the Television title from your possession? For your sake, I hope so, because I’m not totally liking your chances this Saturday, and I’d hate to see you miss out on an opportunity like that just because you were ran through by something that even an intellect like yours will have trouble understanding.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
(10-23-2017), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (10-22-2017), JimCaedus (10-23-2017), Vincent Lane (10-28-2017)