Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:14 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! CLARIFICATION ON 'POACHING'
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-21-2017, 01:32 PM

I want to clear some things up in light of recent events.

1) Are you allowed to be in other feds while in XWF?

Yes, of course, why wouldn't you be allowed? I don't own you. If you care about the other fed more, I doubt you'd do too well here though. Effort equals success. Do I want you going on and on about how much better your other fed is and trying to get people to go there? No. That's shitty. Everyone knows there are thousands of feds. Let them go there if they want to.

2) Am I allowed to RUN another fed and be in XWF?

Yup, sure thing. Again, you'll probably not do a great job here, though. Running a fed, even a low level one, takes a lot of time and effort. Not a lot of people can both run one and compete on a high level in another (at least not one like XWF with it's high output).

3) Are people in XWF allowed to be in my fed?

Yes, if they seek it out and choose to be in it.

4) Can I use XWF resources, like contacts and chat rooms used for XWF, as a source for roster members in my fed?

NO. That's poaching. If you go to different members of XWF and try to get them to join your fed instead, you are taking advantage of your XWF membership to further your own goals. The point of being in the XWF is to write and compete with other writers, not to use it as a farm system for your own fed. This has ALWAYS been an automatic ban and an absolutely disallowed practice. This isn't up for debate and will not lead to a discussion, it will lead to a ban. We do not want "sister feds" or any sort of co-op with another fed. Nothing of the sort.

Quick note - EVERY different fed has different structures and judging guidelines. Some of them have minimal writing and are based solely on trash talking. Others are based solely on storytelling. There are hybrids. There are some that are fully angled with no work at all necessary. There are some that are based on writing matches.

THERE IS NO WRONG OR RIGHT WAY TO RUN AN E-FED.

The way the XWF functions now is largely how it has functioned for 18 years. We do not have a 'set criteria' or a grading rubric or a point system in place. We utilize discussion and conversation among multiple judges (usually, unless it is a simple call). I theoretically CAN overrule judgments in favor of what I think is right, but I have never done so. If you think I "jobbed" you because of a personal agenda, there is a solid chance that I didn't even make the decision. NO ONE has ever won or lost here because of my personal opinions about them. People who I don't personally care for have won plenty, and vice versa. It's about what is determined to be superior role playing at that time. Opinions will vary. They will ALWAYS vary. If you haven't ever lost but felt like you should have won, you probably don't have a high enough opinion of yourself.

ONE MORE THING.

If, for whatever reason, you decide to approach multiple people with insults about myself or about them, or in any way harass members of the XWF, you will be eradicated from its memory. The XWF doesn't need anyone in it bad enough to put up with abuse, myself included.

Feel free to be a part of the XWF or feel free not to be. It is very simple.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 16 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(10-29-2017), (10-29-2017), (10-22-2017), (10-21-2017), (10-21-2017), Drake (10-22-2017), drezdin5788 (10-30-2017), Equinox (10-21-2017), Finn Kühn (10-22-2017), Imperial (10-22-2017), Jefferson Jackson (10-21-2017), JimCaedus (10-30-2017), Kitt Kennedy (01-09-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (10-22-2017), Thomas Nixon (10-22-2017), Unknown Soldier (11-04-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Vincent Lane's post!
Barney Green (10-22-2017)
Equinox Offline
Mr. Ratings

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

10-21-2017, 02:52 PM

I thought this was about poaching eggs. JK. I do have a question though can I use my characters in other feds to help develop them further in the content I create, or are they soulbound to XWF. No plans of doing that, just making conversation. Furthermore I'd like to add that this fed isthe closest I found to one I was in way back and your doing a good job. Now back to poached eggs, do you have a secret to them, cuz I can't for the life of me get a single one right.

[Image: q9xELSp.png?1]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-21-2017, 05:25 PM

You can do whatever you want with your character.

Hate Post Like Post
Equinox Offline
Mr. Ratings

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

10-21-2017, 07:50 PM

I think I'll take my characters to Chuck e cheese

[Image: q9xELSp.png?1]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Equinox's post:
Finn Kühn (10-22-2017), Theo Pryce (10-21-2017)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-29-2017, 05:50 PM

I just wanted to also chime in and point out, as I've had to do in past years (even to former GMs!) that it doesn't matter how long you've been here or how "friendly" you are with any various handlers here. If people are ending up in YOUR other fed as a result of you being "friends" OOC with people here, there's a problem. It means you made multiple people aware of your fed, rather than them seeking it out organically on their own. It doesn't matter if you've been buddy-buddy with those people for a year in XWF before you poached them. We aren't going to tolerate any obvious excuses such as, "oh but we're good buddies and I technically didn't mention my fed using the XWF's chat/pm system." Don't try it. We will know the c.difference and we will act accordingly. Seriously, guys, it's SUPER obvious when something is innocent or not regarding fed hopping.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(10-29-2017), Chris Valerius (10-30-2017), JimCaedus (10-30-2017), Unknown Soldier (11-04-2017)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-29-2017, 05:51 PM

Guys... just pretend the above words came from Shane himself!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(10-29-2017), Chris Valerius (10-30-2017), Finn Kühn (10-29-2017), Imperial (10-29-2017), JimCaedus (10-30-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post!
Unknown Soldier (11-04-2017)
Phantom Panzer Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 01:24 PM

(01-09-2018, 01:18 PM)RileyReRun Said: First of all, you are not being forthright. Skype is not an XWF property of any kind. Nor is intellectual property copyrighted by no one or created by them.

Poaching involves getting people to leave a fed or having general bad intentions. You really don't know what you're talking about.

If you go around talking bad about someone, pigeon holing them, having no real criteria for judging... there is ABSOLUTELY A WRONG WAY TO RUN A FED. You wanna be real, how is degrading people behind the scenes real, then pretending to be a good guy to their face? You are exactly what is wrong with efedding. You don't decide what the word poaching means, you don't arbitrarily get to decide what sounds good to judge this week, and what does next week. Your piss poor process is, has, and will always be a problem. Inconsostency you wqnt so you can wiggle your way in and out of shit. You know that. But instead you try to paint it as something else then deflect blame. No, there is no where to deflect it.

You can runna fed and rp elsewhere, and do it say, well enough to be Universal Champion.

Bitch.

Hi Reno or Reno friend or some form of friend of someone who got banned for poaching. Or maybe an ex-XWF member who poached.

Poaching is possible on Skype. You're still contacting XWF members, trying to get them to GET ON DOWN HE-YAH where the water is much more fine, and the bitches are finer.

Especially if you're in an XWF chat and performing this shit.

If you're talking to XWF members on Skype, and trying to convince them to join other feds that you or a friend runs, you're fucking poaching.

Don't try to loophole this shit, because you can consider it closed by my fucking ass.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Phantom Panzer's post:
Finn Kühn (01-09-2018), Jefferson Jackson (01-09-2018), Vincent Lane (01-09-2018)
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 01:30 PM

Also, bitchcakes, Poaching was coined when people were trying to take players from a place where they had some good members of said team, and wanted them to work for this other team of people, to strengthen that bond, by making the deal much sweeter. I bet if an XWF member comes to any site you are an affiliate of, you'll grant them champ opportunities right off the bat, or something of that nature. Or if your fed has vacant titles, you'll give them the title.

That's what poaching is. Good or ill, you're trying to take members of one team, whether to hurt the place of origin they are a part of, or just to give them something else to do in their spare time, if they have any, to have "fun".

You don't realize that by doing so, you're making sure that people can't cut promos here as well as they usually can, because they're too busy helping your team.

Fuck outta here with this shit.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 01:31 PM

(01-09-2018, 01:21 PM)RileyReRun Said: RadicalReRun.

Kiss my ass.

Ban me.

Because thats what you do to people who make sense, even after they try to help you smooth your bullshit over.

Fuck you.

You sure this is what you want to do?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Phantom Panzer (01-09-2018)
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 01:34 PM

This fucker doesn't realize a GOT DAMN thing. He's too young, apparently, and too fucking stupid to understand what the word 'poach' really fucking means.

Get a fucking education, Reno.

Hate Post Like Post
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Offline
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Oh wow.

Nobody else in his life cares about him so he comes here hoping we will.

[Image: DtUCPfZ.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

01-09-2018, 02:53 PM

Get fucked Reno. Go back to Bumsfuckville where maybe people there can give two shits about you.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 04:04 PM

You are all a bunch of bitches in my book Big Grin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Holliday's post:
Finn Kühn (01-09-2018), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (01-09-2018)
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 07:11 PM

For the sake of healthy conversation.

I've always been a little confused about the anger behind poaching.

If we run a good fed here, promise fairness, overall quality and entertainment people wouldn't want to leave.

Sure a sweet deal elsewhere might drag their asses away but any roleplayer worth his 2000 words will come back if they feel like it was more of a challenge here. That's why I've stayed, and came back after my break.

If someone gets "poached" and subsequently puts in less effort here, fuck em'. We have guys who no show regularly and that's not an issue.

If people come, Don't like it here and are tipped off by someone to head elsewhere where the quality is better, shouldn't we pull an ROH, superkick them on a show and wish them the best backstage?

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 07:13 PM

It's not really an issue with the people who join the other feds. It's a problem with people who join for the purposes of building their own roster.

It's just dirty pool. Any fed would have a problem with it.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Finn Kühn (01-10-2018), Phantom Panzer (01-09-2018)
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2018, 08:26 PM

(01-09-2018, 07:13 PM)King Vincent Said: It's not really an issue with the people who join the other feds. It's a problem with people who join for the purposes of building their own roster.

It's just dirty pool. Any fed would have a problem with it.

[Image: Fh8eXnl.gif]

Hate Post Like Post
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-10-2018, 01:48 AM

That's definitely just scummy. But active fedders poaching members shouldn't be a problem by that logic. It's one thing for a throwaway account to spam the Fed just to poach members.

Let's take Reno for instance.

He's a cuck.

But if he was actively role-playing here, and poaching, his sole purpose of being here is no longer to poach. He also happens to be running his own side gig.

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-10-2018, 05:49 AM

Personally, I've just always seen it as a respect thing. I've seen other feds though that circumvented the issue by having a separate board where people could post admin approved links to other feds, but that was the only activity that was allowed. Keeps it all above board, removes the dirty "backroom deal" feel of poaching, and people can check out other feds at their lesiure. XWF doesn't need to do that obviously, but I always thought it was a decent work around.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-10-2018, 05:55 AM

(01-10-2018, 01:48 AM)Imperial Said: That's definitely just scummy. But active fedders poaching members shouldn't be a problem by that logic. It's one thing for a throwaway account to spam the Fed just to poach members.

Let's take Reno for instance.

He's a cuck.

But if he was actively role-playing here, and poaching, his sole purpose of being here is no longer to poach. He also happens to be running his own side gig.

There are probably some places that wouldn't mind that scenario, provided it was on the up and up. Generally speaking though, there is a degree of deception and clandestine activity, which is generally a bad sign regardless of what you're doing.

If you came to me and said hey man I really want to run a fed, would you mind if I ask a few guys if they want to participate, I'd most likely say go for it. I might even offer to help you. But if you go behind my back and utilizse resources that you only have access to because I let you? Not great, Bob.

(01-10-2018, 05:49 AM)Maddy and Engy Said: Personally, I've just always seen it as a respect thing. I've seen other feds though that circumvented the issue by having a separate board where people could post admin approved links to other feds, but that was the only activity that was allowed. Keeps it all above board, removes the dirty "backroom deal" feel of poaching, and people can check out other feds at their lesiure. XWF doesn't need to do that obviously, but I always thought it was a decent work around.

There are a lot of problems that can arise from those situations, and I think they HAVE arisen from it here in the past. That's why it isn't done here. There are definitely other feds that work together that way, and that's fine.

Like I said, if anyone wants to be in multiple feds, that's their own choice. But when dishonesty comes into play, I lose any will to be helpful.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Imperial (01-11-2018), JimCaedus (01-10-2018), Phantom Panzer (01-10-2018)