Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Act VII: Origins (Part 2)
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-24-2017, 10:48 AM

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

~ Abraham Lincoln

19 October 2017
Purple Haze Rock Bar
Kathmandu, Nepal

The scene opens to see a rock band on stage, playing to the tune of Starset's Carnivore. A swarm of people are in the crowd, rocking and jamming out, consisting of Nepalese citizens as well as diehard XWF fans who made the jump to Kathmandu to see the upcoming Warfare on the 25th.

Speaking of XWF, one of their rising stars, Finn Kühn, can be seen at the bar sipping beer while taking in the environment and atmosphere. He's feeling a slight buzz, though at this point it's negligible as he's trying to block out the music and focus on the task in front of him at the twenty-fifth - a huge match vs. Cadryn Tiberius for the Hart Championship in the semi-main event, only before Chris Chaos and Gabe Reno's certain war in a Steel Cage 2 out of 3 Falls match.

As Finn slides down his first glass for a refill, a familiar character makes their presence known.

"Hey."

"Nice to see you here, Jon."

"Man, those flights were brutal. You're lucky you're guaranteed first-class immediately thanks to being with the XWF." As Jon Williams, Finn Kühn's childhood friend takes a seat next to him and orders a beer alongside Finn, Jon starts talking again. "Hart Championship, huh? Well, you did want a title match."

"As if people think I'm actually going to lose."

"I dunno about that. Cadryn is a tough bitch to take down. And, well, not to try and offend you or anything, but... your win-loss record isn't exactly the greatest."

"True, my record may have fallen on some hard times, but I'm going to come back. Cadryn may think he's the superior being in this fight, but here he's going to find out exactly what it means to step into the ring with me. The people who beat me when I was trying, they didn't beat me, they survived me. When I lost my way, didn't know what to do, sure I was looking worse and worse in the ring. But that's all in the past. What matters is the here. The now. And Cadryn isn't going to be holding that Hart Championship for long on the twenty-fifth."

"Well said," Jon muttered as the bartender slided down two glasses of Guinness. "I'm just worried though. You've been looking impressive in that ring, sure, but this is unlike any challenge you've faced so far. The last time you were in the ring with Cadryn--"

"I was eliminated and the match went to him and McCoy, yes," Finn sighed. "Let me assure you though, merely because I had to contend with two people at once shouldn't discourage people from believing I'm the true Hart Champion. I know what I'm getting into, and the fact is this: Cadryn is a joke not worthy of that prestigious belt."

As the two friends took sips of their beers as the music continued to play, Jon noticed something was off about Finn. "You okay?"

"Just thinking."

"What about?"

"About when I came to America."

"OH!" Jon exclaimed. "Your parents told us about this when I was older with you. Didn't you guys escape because you were being hounded about your debts by the Zeh- I mean, uh... the Zer--"

"The Zemun Clan," Finn corrected. "That did happen, you're right. My father, Dirk, got one of his friends to hide us in his house away from the Zemun Clan, and somehow they never found out, thankfully. Otherwise, they probably would have executed us on sight. We managed to get on a plane on October 24th, and the next day we arrived in America."

"The twenty-fourth? Wait, but that would mean--" Jon managed to connect the dots as he saw Finn's stone cold look towards his beer. "Oh. So that's why you're serious about getting that title."

"Wrestling was what helped me get through traveling to America from Germany. My father would always watch old wrestling tapes with me when I was younger, and my favorite was always Bret Hart. He knew he was the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be, and he along with a few others introduced a new style of wrestling into a certain rival company. Bret Hart was an innovator, and my hero growing up."

"October 25th will not only mark when I achieve my first true championship win in the XWF in honor of Bret Hart, it's also the anniversary of when I came to this American cesspool."

25 October 2000
John F. Kennedy International Airport
New York City

Attention passengers, attention. Flight AL 420 will be landing at JFK International Airport within the next ten minutes. We thank you for flying Aer Lingus with us today. Have a pleasant stay in America.

As the pleasant sounding voice over the loudspeaker crackled out of existence, Finn squirmed in his seat, curled up in his father's sweatshirt for warmth. Multiple passengers on board started muttering to each other in English, no doubt people who were on business trips trying to get back to their regular job. Nora, Finn's mother, looked over to his father, Dirk.

"Was machen wir mit dem Wohnungsbau? Du warst über unsere Pläne bis jetzt sehr still. Ich bekomme Geheimhaltung ist hier essenziell, aber wir müssen es wissen." (What are we doing about housing? You've been quiet about our plans thus far. I get secrecy is of the essence but we need to know.)

"Ich habe einen Platz ausgesucht, und ich muss uns grüne Karten holen. Ich kann hier aber nicht mehr sagen." (I have a place picked out, and I need to get us green cards. I can't say more here though.)

Finn looked up at his father while still huddled up in the sweatshirt. "Papa, was soll ich mit der Schule machen?" (Dad, what am I going to do about school?"

Dirk chuckled while rubbing his son's head. "Hört euch an, ein Sechsjähriger, der sich um die Schule sorgt! Heh. Ich werde an etwas denken. Mach dir keine Sorgen." (Listen to you, a six-year old who's concerned with school! Heh. I'll think of something. Don't worry.)

24 October 2017
Kathmandu Eco Hotel
Kathmandu, Nepal

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, CADRYN? THAT'S the best you could come up with?"

"I can't even believe this. Highlight of my week. See, I figured beforehand that I was probably going to go in and effortlessly win that Hart Championship, but now I KNOW I'm walking out with that title around my waist."

"I give you nothing even close to my best mic work, left myself WIDE OPEN on PURPOSE to see if you would take the chance to prove that yes, yes you were someone that could beat me, and guess what? You. Failed."

"Generic badass? No, let's get one thing straight. Those wannabe's that step into the ring and claim to be one of the greats. Purely fictitious. Me? I'm THE best pure wrestler on this roster, I'm THE best talker, and overall I'm the role model of every single one of these fans. They look upon me and they see greatness. They look upon me and they see an immigrant who made it big here, a true symbolic representation of the American Dream... if this place wasn't a fucking cesspool."

"You however? You disgust me? Admitting you treat this like a game? A joke? How could you WANT to be a laughingstock? Why do you want to be that one guy who will never be considered one of the greats? I mean, it surely isn't to have 'the game run it's course,' otherwise you'd have to show some sort of ability in that ring, which clearly you do not, and your win-loss record wouldn't look like a complete joke, only beating talentless hacks trying to make it big. Speaking of..."

"You want to go on about how you're the only one who's able to win titles with a negative win-loss record? False. Peter Gilmour won the Hart title, and recently he's been going through numerous losses. Maverick was KNOWN for no-showing his matches and being pathetic in that ring, yet on his return match he won the title and proceeded to defend it throughout August 2015. Ghost Tank? Same story. Robbie Bourbon? Scully? Michael McBride? No, you're just the latest in a long line of losers to win championships. Even though my win-loss record doesn't look the best now, everyone can admit that when they look at me, they see a winner."

"I tried picking apart your fortitude and your heart? No, no, no. Don't get this confused, don't get this twisted. You have heart, yes, and you do have fortitude. Admittedly this makes you more like an annoying cockroach than an actual threat, but you DO have fortitude. No, I was just showing the fact that you can't make it in this ring. You have no talent, nothing going for you except for what I just said."

"A generic child with a God complex? No, no, no. I'm sorry, I'm not the one prattling on about how cavemen drew pictures of me, or how I could take the Universal Championship at any moment. No, these people KNOW FOR A FACT I can take that championship, but instead I'm just merely working my way up the ranks, trying to wait for an ideal opportunity to strike."

"And gay jokes? Implying I didn't do my research? No, Cad, I did do my research. The fact you flaunt your homosexuality tells me that any gay joke I make is sliding off of you, I'm not going to stoop to such ridiculous levels."

"You're out of your league, and you know it. You can't hang with me, no matter what half-hearted lies you try to come up with to try and shield yourself from the truth-- October 25th is going to be the day Finn Kühn began to realize his destiny."

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
(10-24-2017), JimCaedus (10-24-2017), Theo Pryce (10-25-2017), Vincent Lane (10-25-2017)