Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:30 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes (May 25th) PPV RP Archive
Nightmare and the Apprentice.
Nightmare Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

05-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Nightmare and the Apprentice.

There is crack of thunder and the victim awakes from his deep sleep. There is a figure at the foot of his bed. Rubbing his eyes he tries to make out the figure but to no avail. The fear grows larger within him as the shadowy figure steps slightly closer into the moonlight that is shining through the window. Our victim begins to panic and lets out a scream. The figure stood before him holds up his hand in front of him then clenches his fist quickly. As he did this the victim’s screams can be heard no more. It is as though his voice box has been turned down, every muscle in his throat and face is working in overdrive to let out a scream for help but nothing, no noise what’s so ever. He finally gives up with any help coming for him and falls back down on to his pillow. Tears begin to form in the corner of his eyes as he watches his attacker move slightly closer.

“I am Nightmare you are my next victim, I am here to punish you for all you have done wrong in the past. Do you remember the time you quite horribly took that dear old ladies purse? Do you remember that? Do you?”

The victim nods helplessly with tears rolling down his face.

“Good, I thought you would. How about the time you found out that you hadn’t got the job, your dream job. What did you do when you got the news? Did you shrug it off? Congratulate the successful candidate? Move on with your life? I mean there are always other jobs, opportunities. Did you do any of these things?

The victims head shakes slowly as he looks away from Nightmare.

“No you didn’t do any of these things did you? You didn’t because you thought the best form of action would be revenge. So what did you do, you searched out the man who successfully got the job you so deeply craved, and when you found him you shoved a 10 inch blade in between his rib cages and left him to bleed to death. Why did you do that it was only a job? I suppose you must have felt let down by the company you worked for, the same company you have your life to for almost 10 years. That being said it does not justify doing what you did, it had nothing to do with him. You didn't stop there though did you? No you then decided to torch the company building to the ground, that building was in the cross over point of the day, 2 shifts worth of workers in the building at one time. That brings up the some of casualties to 246 human lives lost, all because you didn't get your job, and people think of me as a monster. So for all you have done, your nightmare begins tonight. Now what is your one big fear?"

The victim attempts to speak through the tears but his voice still doesn't work. Nightmare takes a step back.

"Don't strain yourself you can't talk. It makes what comes next so much more quieter. Besides we know what your one fear is."

Nightmare nods towards the shadows on the other side of the room. Another shadowy figure slowly emerges out of the darkness.

"Let me introduce you to my apprentice"

The masked figure walks up to the opposite side of the bed, he begins to talk.

"Being alone, that is your one fear"

Nightmare slowly places his hand on the victims head and with a bolt of lightning and a rumble of thunder they all disappear out of the room.

The fear of being alone

Monophobia, or the fear of being alone, is a catch-all term for several discrete fears. Some people are afraid of being apart from a particular person. Some fear living alone or being in public alone. Still others are afraid of being alone at home. Nervousness while alone is surprisingly common, but a full-blown phobia is relatively rare.

The trees are damp to touch and the ground is soft under foot. The rain must have stopped no more than an hour ago and the sun has been shining through the quickly separating clouds. Out murderous victim has been walking alone though this jungle for what seems like forever. It may have only been an hour or so but since the demon and his apprentice left him here alone the quietness is beginning to swallow him up , the nervousness he feels when all alone is taking its full toll on him. There isn't even a little insect to be scene that he could attempt to interact with.

Eventually the victim finds water. A river running just a head. Speeding up to a sprint he makes his way to the source of the water . He collapses to his knees and the riverbank and reaches in with his hands cupped like a spade to get a good mouthful of liquid. He continues to do this until he eventually collapses onto his back, looking up into the sky through the trees. Every time he begins feeling alone as he is now the sky seems to swallow him up. Sweat begins to form in the palms of his hands and a few drops trickle down his forehead and down the bridge of his nose. Mixing with the tears that have began forming in the corners of his eyes.

"This is your nightmare, we will collect you when it is appropriate, when you have recovered"

Those were the haunting words nightmares apprentice had spoken to him before they disappeared,leaving him all alone here.

Just keep walking he though to himself, so he did. It only got him as far as what seemed like a 10,000 foot high walls hitch stretch as far as the eye could see. He had been walking along that wall through the trees and ferns when we finally met up with him.

Slow getting himself to he feet he leans up against the giant wall, motivating himself to push his fears away and to continue walking. After taking to more steps out victim collapses to his knees again and lets out a cry, a cry of fear, pain and sadness.

The Wall

Stood atop the 10,000 foot wall are Nightmare and his apprentice. Both looking down over there victim far below. The camera pans around so we can see the view from a high. A vast jungle of tall trees completely goldfish bowel by the giant wall. There is no hope for our victim to leave the jungle and no chance for anyone to get in. This really is a place of nightmares.

"He stays here until I am ready for him to leave, my apprentice."

The apprentice nods in agreement.

"So for now, I must do my work with The Senator. We shall return to this being once I have finished."

The apprentice turns and approaches Nightmare. His master holds up his hand to stop him.

"No my young apprentice, I understand you are keen to learn but The Senator is mine alone."

The apprentice nods and steps away turning to look down into the jungle far below.

[Image: nm_zps35d07197.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Nightmare's post:
(05-25-2013), (05-23-2013)