Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Uprising
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-14-2017, 10:48 PM

September 14, 1648

[Image: cromwell-suppressing-the-banbury-mutiny-...f23fn8.jpg]

The men met in private, the room was dark. They couldn’t allow themselves to be found by the parliamentarians. There were 400 in total. Lieutenant-Colonel John Lilburne assessed the group and wondered where things would go. They were known as “the Levellers” and their aim was to fight for some of the fringe issues in society. A number of military men had dissented and joined their ranks. Privacy was crucial.

It hard started with a petition given around England, their main goal was to give the power back to the people. Control, in their mind, had been given to too many politicians, and England no longer belonged to the people who it should. Why should the rights of many be decided upon by a few?

They had run up against the English army before, some of them had served time in jail. A couple of the leaders had actually been locked up in the tower of London being seen as enemies of the state. Powerful men were after them, and they were a remnant of an uprising that barely happened.

This could be it

The men had received word that the government was coming to get them. They were known as the “Banbury Mutineers”. They had distributed a pamphlet around London asking men to stand up for an elected judiciary and the right to silence. The outpouring was phenomenal, London was ready to move into the future, but the government was not.

So they would fight.

Held up in English countryside, they gathered the weapons they could. Oliver Cromwell had labelled them mutineers so fighting was inevitable. All because they wanted to make England a better place for people to live. Lilburne addressed the crowd.

I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve heard of troop movement in the city, and I assume this could be it for us. Whatever happens, we won’t go down without a fight. We live in a free society where we should be able to say what we want and

I’m damn proud we’re fighting for that. We’ve fought for transparency in government, for rights of people, for the roles of women in society. We are the enlightened ones, and we need to keep fighting the good fight.

Good men have died, and we stand for them. I’m damn proud of all of you. For England!

The men let up a cheer, men embraced, many of them knew this could be it. A few hundred men against the English military wouldn’t do much. These men were soldiers, minors, ex-government men. They weren’t trained to fight together.

For England!

The cry went up loudly, it was a show of defiance. They cheered so loud they didn’t notice the first military scouts a few fields away. The fight was on.

----------------------------------------------------------------
September 14, 2017

[Image: leeds-castle-538x540.jpg]

Neville stood at Leeds Castle. This place was affectionately known as the “most beautiful castle in the world”. He enjoyed it here, there was a moat out front with two local black swans swimming. The castle itself stood on the side of a bank, the water on one side and a garden on the other. The man who had once owned this served in the military, years ago he had been sent to stamp out an uprising. Men died, and what they fought for came into play. This was an interesting place for Neville, he considered himself as part of the elite, but he still enjoyed ideas. He enjoyed when the world moved on.

As he thought about his match on Saturday, he couldn’t help but think that the federation wasn’t letting him move on. He was facing Jack Cain, again. Cain had been his biggest challenge, but every time he stepped up, Neville was able to knock him back down. This felt like a step backwards. Then again, by staying TV Champion, was Neville being seen as anti-progression? Were people in the federation wondering why he was refusing his title shot so he could stay with a lesser title?

Maybe some people see me as weak. I’m sure there are those in this federation looking at my looming title shot, risking that shot every time I defend the title, and thinking that I’m scared to fight a guy like James Raven. The truth is, I’m not. I’m a perfectionist. Why would I go for something bigger when I’m still a footnote where I am? If I’m not the greatest TV Title holder of all time, why would I move on to something bigger? Why think about moving up, when the ideals I hold right now aren’t perfected yet. I have a way to go. I’m not scared, I’m still learning. Some may see this as a log jam where I’m not letting newer superstars move into title contention, but I can’t care about them. I really only care for myself.

This had me thinking of my match against Jack Cain this week. I don’t understand it, but I can think of only one of two options. Either you guys want me to re-live my early champion glory days, you want to rekindle to rivalry we had. You think the best thing for me is to live in a world where I’m being challenged, and Jack is the only guy you can think of for that. Maybe that’s it. But it leads me to wondering Jack’s situation as well. Maybe this is just a huge demotion for him? Jack lost the title thinking he was going to greener pastures and found himself blocked at every turn. Maybe Jack needs this match to remain interesting. Or maybe it’s a mixture of both, and that’s why I hope people are excited for this match. We have the champion on one side, needing a challenge after knocking off underqualified title contenders one-by-one. We have the former champion on the other, needing a win after realizing that the next level up is much harder. Both of us want this match. So I’m excited to be here.

Neville finds himself under a large willow tree, the branches hang like hair and squirrels play in the distance. This place is serene. He needed this with the craziness that was coming on Saturday.

I’ve got a few things to teach you again Jack Cain. I know you listen, so I’m going to be really blunt with a couple things. I need you to understand who you’ve turned into. My lessons will mainly be about that today, because there’s nothing more sad than seeing a man past his prime, and it appears your prime was two months ago.

Lesson #1 - Reliving Your Glory Days two months after the fact is sad

Have you ever seen one of those college guys go back to their high school and re-live their glory days? Usually they walk around in a too-small letterman jacket dreaming of the days when they picked up high school girls. They smile and think that everyone is in awe at who they are, but most people smile back thinking how sad and pathetic this seems. The kids don’t give two shits about who they were or are now. Everyone’s moved past them. That’s exactly what this fight feels like. You can’t string together two wins in the adult ranks of XWF so you come back to be with the rookies. Why Jack? What is the point of all of this? Are you struggling to fit in?

I don’t care who you are these days. I cared when we used to fight. I would even go so far to say that I would call you my number one rival, but then you fell. Your credibility was diminished. You became someone who people would say “oh him, he used to be so good”. So why do this fight Jack? Is it a desperate attempt to remain relevant in a federation that’s passed you by? Are you the “Uncle Rico” that everyone looks at and laughs at? The funniest part of all of this, is that it’s only been two months! You come back with your tail between your legs after two fucking months! Damn that’s funny.

Neville looks at the castle and imagines what it must have been like to make a decision to squelch an uprising. Forever, Thomas Fairfax, would be seen as someone who fought on the wrong side of history. Society was moving past the very things the government was trying to protect. It was a tarnished legacy for a man people thought was a coward.

How would Neville be remembered? Would he be the future of the XWF, the very thing people fought against? Or would he be seen as the one who was seen as stopping the future? Maintaining his position as TV Title holder over everything else. He didn’t know how to see himself in the story yet. He just knew he was looking forward to beating up Jack Cain this weekend.

Lesson 2 - You’ve turned into an Afterthought in the XWF

I remember when you joined the Motherfuckers. It was meant to be seen as this foray into a supergroup. Wow, Jack Cain has joined forces with James Raven and Robbie Bourbon! The XWF better be on warning because this was a fantastic group. Then, a funny thing happened. Almost immediately, Raven made himself look like the leader of the group. He was dominant, clearly the best talker, and people enjoyed hearing his promos. Then Robbie Bourbon earned a title shot! We all watched in wonder as two-thirds of the group dominated everything about XWF. But what I noticed was that I couldn’t seem to find anything significant that Jack Cain was doing. I mean, the guy who I had felt so lucky to face, and was watching his career with anticipation went ghost and I didn’t know what happened to him. Where the hell were you Jack?

The thing we all learned is that when compared to other champions, you didn’t stand up. Most talk about you stopped, and you became an afterthought in the federation. You’d had your push, and tried to make yourself a force in the federation, but when the hard times came, you went nowhere. You made two mistakes, as far as I was concerned, and I feel the need to show you how you could have avoided this.

First, don’t team up when you haven’t been established. You entire identity in this federation became wrapped up in the group you were in, not the matches you were competing. And you let yourself become third place in the group. People cared about Raven, people cared about Bourbon. Does anyone still care about you Jack?

Second, why didn’t you work your way up the next level? You tried to take things to a different level, but by teaming up with the dominant on that level, you tried to take a shortcut that didn’t work for you. You thought the alleyway would work, but never counted on the dead end. And you’re still there! That’s the thing that gets me, you can’t find directions out of a box right now rather than navigating a complex title situation. It’s almost at a point where we should be putting up missing posters for your career. I’m sure someone’s seen it somewhere.

Neville walked across the bridge to marvel at the castle. It was a thing of beauty, but the character came from everything around it. The building itself was nice, but the reason this place was world-known was because of what it was surrounded by. The castle itself looked just like the others.

Just like Cain…

Lesson #3 - It’s pathetic to see you treat the TV Title like an Ex-Girlfriend

Have you ever been dumped and have to see your ex-girlfriend in a room with her new boyfriend? It’s a terrible feeling, they get up on each other, and you see a bit of red with the jealousy that comes. I’m sure that’s what it feels like to Jack Cain this weekend. He lost the only title he’s probably ever going to see, and is now coming back to see if it still loves him. I can only imagine as everyone talks about me and the title. People mention how great I am. People allow me to be superstar of the month. Me and that title are happy right now, and I’m not giving her up.

So the funny part of this week’s fight for me will be rubbing things in Jack Cain’s face. Like a boyfriend squeezing a tit and smiling as his girlfriend’s ex watches in desperation, I’ll be doing what I can to remind you of what the glory days looked like. I know you probably want your title back, I know you think this is your chance to be happy once again.

Neville looks down and shakes his head, remembering the times he’d been dumped

But seriously Jack, she’s moved on ok? I keep her happy and satisfied, and there’s nothing you can do to change that. She’s not yours anymore. And I’ll kick your ass if you try to touch her.

Neville smiled knowing that this was a long-term relationship. He wasn’t going to let her slum with Jack Cain anymore.

I’ll see you Saturday.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neville Sinclair's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (09-15-2017)