Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 04:00 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
"The Young Pup"
Tyler Cross Offline
XwF's Resident Rockstar

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-07-2017, 06:28 PM

Prologue
Here, this young kid from Toronto, Tyler Cross. First wrestling promotion. First wrestling match on Saturday night Savage. He’ll be going up against the likes of Phantom Panzer and Kropotkin in a triple threat match. The interesting thing is anybody can win a triple threat, but this young inexperienced young buck is just learning the ropes of the squared circle. He doesn’t know his ass from the hole in the wall.

He turned to wrestling after he didn’t get drafted into the big leagues of athletics. He learned the hard way that sometimes you need to have humbling experience in life. He thought he was superior in basketball, baseball, and football, but when the NBA, MLB, and NFL didn’t pick him up or draft him to a team—he was devastated. His confidence level from high up to absolutely nothing. He fell into a depression.

There he was… newly graduated with an undergrad degree and no future. He moved back in with his parents and started trying to pick up the pieces of his broken life. Tyler Cross worked day in and day out in the work force: 9 to 5. He researched some other sports when he stumbled upon the Squared Circle Wrestling school in Toronto. Just an hour away from his home and he enrolled in it. Not realizing he was about to find out out that wrestling would soon be his new passion.

Training hard is what this young buck did. Proving he could do something right for a change. He spent two years training and learning the ropes. He never objected when he was taught a new maneuver. He learned how to fly. He learned how to lock in some of the most difficult submissions. He pushed himself like he did when he was a child. He was focused. Focused on making a name for himself. As a young boy, he was never the last kid picked on any team. He was the captain of the baseball team. He was the three-pointer sensation on basketball teams. He was a star running back on football teams. So, why would wrestling be any different?

Right before he was set to graduate the school, he started submitting applications and resumes to many different organizations. He applied to some big named federations, but only heard back from two: WWH and XWF. It was in XWF where he signed a contract and booked for his first match. Saturday night, the world is going to see the debut of perhaps Canada’s greatest export.

Will he be able to take all the knowledge he learned down at the wrestling school and translate it over to the wrestling ring? How will he be able to handle wrestle in front of hundreds or thousands of people in attendance for this week’s Savage. The only fullest the school got was made 100 people total. It is a way different atmosphere in the wrestling industry versus a wrestling school. Will the jitters be too much for this young Canadian kid?

The scene opens up as the young kid Tyler Cross inside a workout room. He has two handgrips in his hand and he’s stretching his arms with a few heavy pound weights hooked. He looks up at the camera.

[TYLER CROSS]
“The start.”

He says firmly as he looks back down on the floor and continues pulling the weights. He tilts his head both sides as he’s focused on the weights.

[TYLER CROSS]
“The only objective on my agenda is not to fall flat on my face. I have no ill will or feelings toward my two opponents. In fact, I don’t know much about them. I don’t even know where to begin to research to start studying my opponents. I do want my opponents to know how determined I am to make my debut a memorable one. This is my first match ever and to make an impression that lasts forever is going to be my determination. My passion to find my way in this world is first and foremost on my list. I need a career. Wrestling is one of the best careers I can think of. The adrenaline rush you feel when you fly. The feel of holding your opponent’s life at your hands. Your heart and blood pumping as you get closer and closer to victory. The fans cheering and chanting as they roar through the crowd. The sound of bodies hitting the canvas and rocking the ring. The entertainment factor of performing in front of a packed arena. Traveling all over the world to wrestle in front of people you never would have never met otherwise. This is what I want my career to be.”

He releases the grips of the weights as the weights bang together. He starts to rotate his shoulders and rolls his neck around in a circular motion.

[TYLER CROSS]
“I hope my opponents aren’t exactly somebody who thinks I am going to just lie down for them. I’m not just going to be a jobber who lies down and allows my opponents to look good. I would never expect anybody to lie down for me. If you lie down for somebody, how much self-respect and confidence do you have in yourself? How much pride do you have for this business? If you want to get to the next level, you can’t just be passive-aggressive. Sometimes, you must demonstrate ruthless aggression to just get by. I might be new. I might be a rookie. But, I know the simple things to prevailing in this business. I know, most wrestlers in this company aren’t going to respond to weakness very kindly. I’m not going to let weakness speak for me. Win or lose, I’m going to let my actions do the talking. I’m going to let my wrestling talent make my reputation for me. It’s time that people start recognizing me as a next big thing and Canada’s Greatest Export!”

The scene fades to static with “to be continue” on the screen.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler Cross's post:
Barney Green (09-07-2017)