Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:18 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Nothing Can Stop Progress #2
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-07-2017, 03:21 PM

September 7, 1830

[Image: william-huskisson.gif]

It had been a week since surgery and William Huskisson was glad to get out. Just two months ago, he had quit British Parliament to take care of himself and doctors had then discovered the inflamed kidneys. He had felt trapped inside for so long, so he wasn’t going to miss this day

Huskisson watched in awe as the Locomotive started up. He was filled with wonder as he heard the whistle for the first time, heard the wheels start to move and then begin to lumber down the track. This was the future of the world, and he was glad he could use his status to be invited to times like this.

I imagine we should get off the tracks soon

Huskisson had been invited here by the Duke of Wellington himself, he stood, talking with other parliamentarians with a glass of wine in his hand. They had all moved onto the track to see things close up. When they saw the train start to move, everyone standing on the track area started to move to the side.

An Engine is Approaching, Take Care Gentlemen!

George Stephenson, the driver of the train, called out to everyone on the tracks. This train would move faster than people thought. This was new technology, there was much to get used to.

Huskisson waited for some of the older gentlemen to get off the track before he made his exit. He was one of the younger ones in the group, so he waited as long as he could. As it came closer, he could sense the need to get out of it’s way. This train was so much wider and more powerful than a single engine ever was.

With the excitement of the moment, he felt a pain in his stomach. Where the scar was from his surgery, there was now an intense pain. He doubled over with the sharpness of the pain. He made his way to one side of the tracks, but there was too many people there. He crossed back over to the other side, but the Duke’s train was on the other side. With the train getting closer, he went to unlock the door to the Duke carriage

It was locked

Let me in!

He screamed in terror realizing he was only less than a minute away from being hit by the train. People inside the Duke’s carriage scrambled frantically to open the door. Finally someone was able to get the door open, but it swung outwards, knocking Huskisson over. He tripped over the edge of the tracks, still clutching his side.

As he looked up, he watched the engine approach. Time seemed to stand still, and Huskisson made one last effort to get off the tracks. He threw himself into the crowd, but it was too late.

The train had caught his left leg and trapped it under. Huskisson screamed in agony as he felt the wheels go over and slice into his upper leg. People scrambled and eventually were able to stop the train, but the damage had been done. His leg was held to the rest of his body by a thin thread of muscle. Most of his leg was completely unattached. He had felt his femur crack and be cut through. Blood was pooling up on the ground. People in the crowd were screaming and rushing to help.

William Huskisson died the next day from his injury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 7, 2017

[Image: rainhill_station.jpg]

Neville stood again in the streets of Rainhill. He watched as a horse-drawn coach moved down the street next to him. Imagine what it must have been like to go from riding horses, and being completely dependent on another living creature, to having engines and being able to build your way around. It must have shocked people. This was one of the first towns that understood what “horsepower” meant. This was a place that had witnessed one of the peak moments of human innovation in history.

Yet it had come at a price. Neville thought of how dumb it really was to situate yourself directly in front of something that could kill you just to catch a better glimpse at it. Because he was an invited guest, William Huskisson could have been over to the side, enjoying libations as the day is long. He also could have been in the Duke’s carriage, watching it from the comfort of a seat. But he needed the close-up.

As Neville watched the horse and coach again, he imagined how foolish it would be to go and stand directly in front of it. At very least he could expect to be kicked by the horse, at worst he would find himself run over by a carriage that would kill him. That would be a bad idea.

As he thought of his time in the XWF, he imagined that many people found it fun to place themselves in the way of someone like him. Neville was the progress the federation needed, Neville was the one who would take them to the next stage of their game. Yet so many foolish people stood in his way. People saw the title and wanted it for themselves. It would be the death of them. Many of the emerging stars that tried to fight for the title would come up empty and it would stunt their growth as a developing star. Neville couldn’t understand why people would want to come up against them. Maybe they all just wanted a better look at things.

So this week, Neville had the chance to take out Jody Madrox. He wasn’t bad, just incredibly misguided in so much of what he said and stood for. Watching his past couple promos had invigorated Neville to continue to be the educator of the XWF. He needed to teach this guy some things.

Jody, do you ever think about what you say before you let the words fall out of your mouth, or do you simply let reactionary verbal diarrhea fall out of your mouth? I’m serious, the first promo had some semblance of a message, but watching you just now made me really uncomfortable. You just try so damn hard. Do you know what you’re against this week Madrox? Do you know what’s going to happen on Saturday? I think if you did, you’d take things a bit more seriously. You’d speak with purpose, make sure what you were saying mattered.

The horse and carriage stopped, and Neville watched as the horse took a shit on the road. He laughs.

Right now, that’s the closest thing I can think of to listening to you speak Jody. I’ll just let that speak for itself. But I do have a few more lessons to teach you today.

Lesson #1 – “Yeah, but…” is not an adequate reply

I have to say that I enjoyed this promo a lot more than your first one. I mean it was so nice to get through ten minutes without seeing someone get murdered or you puffing your chest as a victim. For the most part you actually tried to hold your own, and use words to show your worthiness. In many ways, you actually listened to me and took things to heart. For that reason, I’m kind of proud of you. It goes to show me how much what I say matters when stars in the XWF actually listen to what I say and take it to heart.

But… one of the things that you do in your promo that cracks me up is agree with everything I say. You do realize you didn’t make a single counterpoint against anything I accuse you of, don’t you? It’s like you agree with me, and maybe that’s why there’s such a huge change to your tone of your promos. I tell you about the streets and the problems with them, and you say “you’re right”. I tell you murder is bad and you say “you don’t say?” I tell you prestige is good and you agree with me. How exactly do you plan on contradicting anything I say when you agree with all my major points? You basically say, “yeah, but…” to everything I say. That’s not good rebuttal Jody, that further strengthens all my points.

So let me try a “yeah, but…”statement for you. You say “my life is a fucking joke and I wish to end it all right now”. Yeah, your life is a joke. You portray yourself as this tough as fuck crazy person who gets into it with people and unpredictably attacks them. But, why don’t you end things? I mean you talk about it. I’m not trying to condone suicide, but a cry for help like that with no action leaves you looking like an attention-grabbing teenager who says “shocking” things trying to get noticed. In fact, everything you say points to that. Nothing feels genuine, nothing feels terrifying. I feel like watching you once shows me everything I need to know about you, which makes you as predictable as a cop that racially profiles.

Neville sees a few people staring at him, wondering what he’s doing. He knows he stands out in this town. People like this wouldn’t have a clue what goes on here. This was Jody’s type of people. The ones who could never stand out because they were so boring and ordinary. Jody was plain.

Lesson #2 – Respectful Jody is hilarious

This was my favourite part of your promo. You actually say the line “because the respectful Jody will come out as the champion.” Mr. Madrox, do you actually know what the word “respectful” means? The guy who murders someone, has been in trouble with the law, and calls me a racial slur earlier in the match is the respectful one? What the hell Madrox? Do you actually want to be known as the “respectful Jody Madrox” from now on? Are you trying out a new character arc? Maybe trying out a comic character in the XWF would be good for you. No one takes you seriously right now.

I think back to the beginning of the promo, you know, the part where you say that I’m a “middle-aged cracker writing faux English dialogue” and think this has to be comedy. I mean the things you are saying is SO annoyingly dumb and disrespectful to so many people that this has to be a joke right? Firstly, who the hell is middle-aged? When did early 30’s become mid-life crisis fodder? Display of respect #1 – ageism. Secondly, calling me a cracker. You do know that’s a racial slur right? Display of respect #2 – racism. Finally, who the hell is writing dialogue? I mean you’re either trying a really bad way of breaking the fourth wall, or you don’t know what the hell we do here. We cut promos in the XWF to hype up our match. What you’ve said is disrespectful to the federation, wrestling fans everywhere, and any fans of the English Language.

So ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the “respectful Jody Madrox”. Feel free to point and laugh. I’m sure that’s what we’ll all be doing for the rest of his pathetic XWF career anyway.

Neville takes out a paper covered chip butty and takes a bite. This was damn good. But it would go better with a shot of Scotch. He had a Glenmorangie Astar 2017 flown in the previous day. There was a special reason for him wanting to drink this. With it’s hazelnutty flavor, it kind of reminded him of Jody Madrox – completely nuts.

Lesson #3 – Quoting Demi Lovato… Really?

For someone who’s so “street”, someone who makes his career being a person living out a certain image, your quotes are incredibly interesting. First, you compare yourself to Tarantino. Yet, watching your promos I can imagine you’ve ever seen a Tarantino movie. Because you kill one person, you’re living in a fucking action movie. There’s no martial arts, no kitanas, no clever fights. You simply shoot someone. No one would watch a movie with an action scene like that. Compared to Tarantino, you come off like one of those Jesus movies that tries to convert people.

Neville takes a shot of the Scotch and knocks it back. He usually felt better about things after a good shot of Scotch.

And you do realize that Tarantino actually has good dialogue right? Compared to him, you sound like a 5 year old that’s discovered a tape recorder. Pure verbal gibberish. I mean, Tommy Wiseau speaks better than you do. Before you can ever be a champion, you’re going to have to master the English language Madrox, or at least get it to high-school passing level. You are proof that inner city schools don’t work. I’ll definitely be donating money to try and make them better, because if you’re one of the better ones, society is in a lot of fucking trouble.

Finally, to everyone watching my promo today, how fucking funny was it that Madrox felt the need to quote Demi Lovato in a promo where he wanted to sound tough. I almost spat out the Scotch I was drinking when I heard that reference. Nothing says “streets” more than quoting someone who’s gotten famous for appearing in the Disney Channel’s “Camp Rock”. I mean yes, let’s be tough by quoting a Jonas Brother’s best friend. What the fuck man? You could have even found tougher ex-Disney stars. Even Miley Cyrus or Raven Symone might have scraped you by with a bit more cred. But Demi Lovato? Again, are you going for a comedy act?

Look Jody, I can respect that you’re going for it. I actually really respect that you’ve been there to try and film promos, try your hardest. But you’re nowhere near championship level. Take what I’ve said here, and keep learning. Take the time to think before you speak, and make a lot of sense.

I’m here in this small town because of what happened here years ago. Progress was being made, and someone got in the way of it. It didn’t end well for him, and it won’t end well for you.

Common sense would have told them to get off the track. Common sense would have told them to get out of the way. But they didn’t. And now you’re going to face the same fate.

Get off the fucking track, Jody.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Do yourself a favor and listen to the music while reading the RP, it's perfect.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neville Sinclair's post:
JackCain (09-07-2017)