Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 11:03 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Nothing Can Stop Progress
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-04-2017, 11:15 PM

September 5, 1830

[Image: Fig_06.jpg]

This day was a celebration

Joseph Locke sat in the front of his train and smiled at the masses of people surrounding it. He had worked for years to set up the Liverpool and Manchester Railway. Everything had seemed a fight. The world didn’t seem ready for Locomotives, people had been wanting to use standing engines instead. They feared this new technology.

It was funny to Locke as he thought of fear of the unknown. People would do anything they could to appease their fear. Most of the claims brought forth by the opposition would be false information. People would jump to conclusions without doing the research. Ignorance brought forth fear.

But that’s where vision came into things. The more research Locke had done showed that England needed this.

Can you imagine a world where people can move freely?

That’s what he had told the investors, the people he needed to see a future with transportation in it. People were stuck, they were content in their small towns, never seeing anything or moving anywhere. Public transportation was of vital importance to combat the ennui found in society. Being able to move from place to place allowed people to see the world was bigger than what they were used to. It allowed them to experience other cultures and try new things. Freedom in movement would create a closer society because people could experience each other.

Locke watched a group of soldiers next to the side of the train. Before this, people would have to join the army to battle their restlessness. If you wanted to get out of your town, you had to risk your life for it. Many had died because they just wanted to get out. Locke smiled, knowing that he could allow the youth of today an opportunity to get out. Getting a train from Liverpool to Manchester was just the beginning. This would change the world.

And this will do it

He looked down at his locomotive. They had called it “the Rocket” because it had gone the fastest of the locomotives they had tested. Locke and his people had brought five locomotives to a small town in Lancashire called Rainhill. Once there, they had put the engines through a series of tests and trials. The world watched and dreamed when they had seen what the steam engine could accomplish. The Rainhill trials had garnered so much positive attention for their cause. And this was the one who had won out. “The Rocket” was the only one that completed all the trials.

Mouths opened in awe as people finally saw what the steam engine looked like. Locke smiled as he saw people wide-eyed at what the new technology looked like.

Nothing could stop progress

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 5, 2017

[Image: 11287440166_682b09dcc8_z.jpg]

Neville wandered through the small village of Rainhill. There wasn’t a lot here, but this place had it’s small town charms. The railroad featured predominantly in this town, with a track running right through the middle of it. Neville wandered down the tracks and looked for any shop he could go into. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a sandwich shop called “Mike’s Butty Bar”, he’d make good use of the cheap prices there later. He scanned the horizon for a pub, there appeared to be a Commercial Hotel near a series of other restaurants. He prayed they would actually have some top shelf stuff, if not, he brought his own. What else would there be to do here? This was a clue collar town, something Neville wasn’t used to. They would hate a guy like him unless he went round the town and spent his money. Having a tourist like him would be thrilling for people like this.

Neville wondered how thrilling it must have been for these people to be witness to a new technology. The steam engine was introduced here, of all places, and tested to see what it could withstand. He imagined the working people lining up for a chance to see it. Neville imagined the stories that must have gone round the town as people caught glimpses of the Locomotives. The world was fascinated with the stories, yet these people from a small town got to witness them.

Neville had a relaxing week, he had actually spent the majority of his time outside, the XWF had given him a week off. Yet even in Neville’s absence, he knew people were still talking about him. He had reached the point in his titI le reign where he could cash it in for a more prestigious title shot. He knew people wanted him to do this, but he couldn’t help but think that he wanted to be the best TV Title holder this company had ever seen. He had a chance to make history, and bring the prestige to a title that had seemingly high turnover for a long time. Why not keep going? Neville would never fall prey to do what others wanted anyway, he would do what’s best for him. He was the steam engine in the small town of the XWF. He smiled as he thought about that.

It’s been an incredible run hasn’t it? There’s been nothing I’ve enjoyed more than continuously knocking out people who have doubted my capability. Chris Valerius proved to be nothing more than a coward. Finn Kuhn was nothing more than talk. Jack Cain has been nothing more than a stupid motherfucker. There’s been others, but I’ve had a good time these past few weeks. You see, I came to the XWF on a mission, and I’m completing that one star at a time.

Neville looked past the fence at the tracks. Even though trains moved at high speed, they still needed to move one track at a time.

And now, Jody Madrox. The Ex-Convict with a big ego, and an even bigger sense of victimization from the world around him. It’s been hilarious to see his take on this world, and how “cool” he thinks it is to be “street”. I mean, the only thing more funny than his pathetic backstory is the way he talks. “Who sent you here to jack my dough?” I mean seriously Jody? That line alone sounds like “middle-aged-white-guy-writing-tough-hood-kid-dialogue”. Not to mention your assertion that you have “no reclamation” of that woman in your life. Maybe recollection was what you were going for there?

Neville laughs at the promo Jody just filmed

But you’re lucky, you get to face the great Neville Sinclair this week. Since you obviously need the help, let me give you a few tips on how to be a better person.

Lesson #1 - You Don’t Need the Streets to Survive

I’ve always hated this idea. People claiming that they’re from the streets and that’s why they act like how they do. I mean this sort of things has been going on for years, ever since there’s been a more pronounced caste system in Western Society. The streets aren’t a place, they aren’t even a social class, they’re a word overly thrown around so people can be awful in society. The American dream is that anyone can make it with hard work and determination. That gets forgotten in our so-called “street” society. Grown men act out and find themselves ripping others off or killing people that get in their way. There’s nothing cool about that, and Jody, if that’s what “survival” means to you, I feel nothing but remorse for what you’ve been taught. It’s a mindset that only faintly echoes what’s good in society, and one of the reasons people like it is because it’s all they know.

But you can be more than that Jody Madrox. You have a chance to actually try and get more out of life. That’s not survival, it’s passing time before you inevitably die. Street smarts are not intellect, they’re a dubious mixture of luck, wit and charm. Seeing your promo, you obviously don’t have wit or charm, so I’m imagining you’ve gotten by until now on luck, and we all know that runs out eventually.

Neville walks past a group of youth playing on the street, he pictures that Jody Madrox has done this many times. Spending the majority of his time trying to not be bored instead of bettering himself. Neville had spent his youth getting an education and training in various martial arts. He was a better rounded man because he didn’t simply spend all his time trying to “survive” a world where people valued life so bleakly. Neville was the better man. Joey Madrox was actually pretty sad to him, the toughness he saw in him was clearly a front, and easily seen as a front for an insecure human being. In that moment, he felt the slightest bit of sympathy.

Neville walked on and approached a giant train building, this must have been where they housed the locomotives. He imagined the doors opening and people being treated to the spectacle. He imagined that people must have felt unstoppable. When something big comes, people take notice

Lesson #2 - Murder is Bad

Honestly, Joey Madrox, this is where you completely lost me. Killing people you think are out to get you? Murdering them and dragging their bodies? Seriously man? You can’t think of anything better than that? You want to show how tough you are by actually ending people’s lives? It takes a sick man to do that, and obviously what you’ve shown all of us is completely illegal. It’s one thing to do it, it’s completely another to show the rest of the world this is what you’ve done. So either you’re ridiculously stupid, and now wanted for murder, or you don’t even understand the ramifications of what you’ve just done. Either one makes you look awful to people around you. We’re not nervous because you’re tough, we’re in shock that you’re that stupid. Is this really where street life gets you? Is this something you’re really proud of.

When it all comes down to it, you have to understand that murder is bad. A child could tell you that. One of the most cowardly things you can ever do is killing someone when it’s not in the heat of battle. Taking someone else’s life shows me that you’re too cowardly to deal with that person. Most times it’s done from a place of fear, not a place of strength. Really Jody, it just made you look like you were too lazy to deal with someone else for the long term. You couldn’t possibly out-think her, you couldn’t out-power her, so you used a cowardly tactic and ended her. That’s not brave, Jody. That’s not tough. Most times killing someone else completely shows a lack of mental consequence and is the sign of a serious mental illness. That’s really what you want to show to this company? That you’re cowardly and display signs of serious mental illness? That’s where street life gets you? And seriously, you have a criminal record, and yet you kill someone for a promo? That's not smart man. That's actually the dumbest thing you can do. Think about it.

Neville shudders thinking of what he just witnessed, it was absolutely embarrassing to him to get into the ring with such a coward. He could barely look at pictures of Jody now, what a fucking coward. He felt good that he would get to destroy him in the ring this coming Saturday. He wandered back to the train track and followed it into town

Lesson #3 - Prestige is Good

What I don’t understand about you most of all is calling me out for prestige. Isn’t that what street life is all about? I’ve never seen anyone living the life you brag about that doesn’t have respect for leaders in their community. Prestige and respect seem to be everything. Working your way and outliving others is what earns you the right to be heard and tell others what to do. Prestige is everything. But you wouldn’t know that, would you Jody? You’d rather call me out saying that my prestige doesn’t matter. Sure, you’ll come back with “YOUR prestige doesn’t matter” but I’d hope a guy like you would respect what I’ve done. I’m eight weeks in as a champion, and still going hard. I don’t just want to be a tv title champion, I want to be the greatest one the XWF has ever seen. I’ve done more in these eight weeks than you’ve done in your career, and only a fool would discount my “prestige” for this match.

What it does is show me that you’re coming into this match completely unprepared. You’re so focused living out this fantasy “street” world that you’re not focusing on your opponent. Listen well Jody, you have a title shot – act like it. Raise your game. Know your opponent. Don’t just disregard me because you want to be another badass with a terrible attitude. That was pretty much Jack Cain’s shtick and look where it got him.

Prestige doesn’t come because I call myself prestigious. I have earned my respect in this federation, and only a smart person would ask what makes me tick. Do yourself a favour Jody, don’t just sluff this off as something inconsequential, take this fight seriously. Give me the respect I’ve earned and understand that’s where the prestige has come from. That’s the Jody I want to fight, not some disillusioned killer living out his rap-video fantasies. Being street-smart always involves showing respect to the people who can get you what you want. You’re nowhere near getting things you want at this pace. And you won’t get this title come Saturday.

Neville finally decides to walk into the Butty Store. The locals all turn around as he walks through the store. He looks at what’s cooking, obviously everything has been prepared from frozen. He might be throwing all this up tonight. But that chip butty on the menu sounded ever so tempting.

Got any Scotch?

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neville Sinclair's post:
JackCain (09-05-2017)