Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:55 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Collateral Damage RP #1
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-24-2017, 12:45 AM

August 24, 1171

[Image: f6c1c0ec378532f3d2df3da9b0a21a82.jpg]

Did we have to Kill Him?

They had been holed up here for days now. The death was quite public. Hugh de Morville and three of comrades had taken the boat across the Atlantic Ocean and ended up in Knighton Gorges Manor on the Isle of Wight. The island was remote, dark at times, and the men spent the days passing time and being on guard for whatever could happen

This was exile

De Morville and three other men had been the ones to take up the call and kill the Archbishop when they thought the King had commanded it. Thomas Becket had been one that ran his position from a place of fear and absolute power. But that wasn’t why they killed him. No, Becket was a pawn in a game that needed to be played. There was dissatisfaction that was growing throughout the country, and the church Becket worked for looked as splintered as ever.

How could we say no?

But now a price was on their head. The splintered kingdom provided them with plenty of enemies. The men now spent their days waiting for someone to come get them. They constantly feared for their lives. Visions of a united kingdom gave way to thoughts of finding someone out to kill them. Paranoia was starting to set in. It had been days of waiting and waiting.

The men had tried to set security procedures in place. The men who lived on the edge of the island were loyalists and would warn them if they saw any unfamiliar boats crossing the ocean. So even though they felt secure, all they had was time to think.

He had to die

It was safe to say all their lives were over, it would be many years before they could step foot on the mainland of England again. They constantly had to ask themselves “was this worth it”? One by one, their conversations doubted that it was. The King had given a cryptic command at best, distancing himself from responsibility. The archbishop was simply collateral damage in a battle that would continue to be fought.

De Morville thought of how he would look in history. He wondered if people would look at him more as a murderer than a hero. Would this be an ugly moment in a failed history or a victory that spurred on men to fight for what they believed in. Only time could tell. But for now, all he could do was wait

And wait.

And watch the water.

And wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 24, 2017

[Image: isle-of-white-3.jpg]

Neville is seen on a boat on his way to the Isle of Wight. As the boat moves faster in the wind, he closes his eyes and takes in the moment. The clear sky allowed for this to be an enjoyable occasion. Most days this wouldn’t be case, overcast skies shadowed much of the pleasure on trips like these. But today was special. Today was clear. The salty smell of the sea was something that needed to be breathed in and savoured. He knew the summer was ending soon, the clouds would come back. But today was clear. In many ways, this resembled Neville’s career in the XWF. He was sure the clouds would come some day, but for right now, he just had to take in the moment. He was still champion. Taking on all comers and teaching them what being a champion was really about. Today was a clear day.

The Isle of Wight had been a place of exile for people who were hiding. Many men came because it allowed them to get away and start fresh. But what were people getting away from? Mistakes. Regrets. Damage done. Sometimes the damage was accidental, sometimes it was purposeful for a bigger reason. Neville wondered if he resembled many of the men who came over. Neville was a man who did damage.

I’ve had a hell of a run. These past few months have honestly been some of the most enjoyable I’ve had in professional wrestling because I finally feel like people are starting to listen to me. There’s nothing worse than being an educator who people don’t trust. But I’ve earned my place here. I’ve fought everyone who’s come and showed them why I’m a real champion. But I can’t help wonder the damage I’ve done. I can’t help but wonder if I’ve destroyed careers, hurt people and caused irreparable pain to people in the XWF. What purpose has any of this served? I don’t hurt people because bringing them pain brings me pleasure, I do it because I feel like they need it to move forward. The mark of any good educator is to teach people something, this is why I do what I do. The men and women of the XWF need this.

So as I think of my match this week, part of me pities what Chris Valerius is going to go through. I don’t want to simply win the match, I want to teach Valerius a lesson he needs to learn. I’ve enjoyed seeing what he’s been doing these past couple weeks. There’s definitely some promise to the guy. But until he’s broken, he’s incomplete. He thinks he knows everything, and my goal is to show him how little he actually does know. I want to assassinate the pride that Valerius has in himself, and have him start from scratch all over again. Chris Valerius needs to lose, and I’m excited to be the man this week that gets to teach him how to do that.

The boat nears the beach and Neville can see the locals watching him as he approaches. He didn’t look like one of them. He felt the tension as people eyed him up. He wasn’t sure he was going to like it here. But this was his exile. This was his time away from life to rest and relax.

I’ve got a couple of things to teach you Valerius

Lesson #1 – Being a Sociopath isn’t an Asset

Why do you do what you do? If I can teach you something, it’s that there needs to be reasoning behind why you do things. Do you know why being a sociopath is so dangerous? Sociopaths don’t need a reason to do things, they instinctively do things because they like it. They don’t have time to think about consequences, they enjoy causing other people pain and do it on a whim. I know you think this is a strength, Chris, I know you seem to enjoy the stigma that comes with having a “cool” mental condition, but remember it’s a disorder. The reason why most normal people don’t want this is because it is a deficiency. The lack of clear thought causes people to mess up in big ways, and they have to pay the consequences. It doesn’t turn them into a crazy, unpredictable, angry genius. It usually forces them to end up on the street, begging for change because they can’t rationally think their way out of the problems they face. Is this you Chris? Is this really what you want to be known as?

Neville shakes his head and thinks of people he’s known who have faked disorders

I don’t see that in you. I have my degree in psychology, and one of the things I see is you being able to rationally think through situations. You’re much calmer than most sociopaths, and you seem to give everything good thought. So I’ll call it out for what it is. You’re faking it. You don’t know the first thing about being a sociopath, you just think it sounds cool. Which makes you one of the most pathetic, sad human beings in this company. You crave the attention of the masses so you set yourself up as crazy. Why do you think no one takes you seriously here? Here’s the first reason, everything you’re based on is a lie. Please, learn this lesson, start from scratch, reset everything that’s wrong with you. You’re not a sociopath in need of help, you’re a lying coward in need of attention. And I don’t want to give it to you. So that’s all I have to say about that.

Neville reaches shore and steps off the boat. He gets his feet wet and swears as he tries to move onto the beach. This place was going to be a pain in the ass.

Lesson #2 – Stop Spending Your Money on Crazy Women

What the hell was going on with you in that promo you cut for last Saturday night? Congratulations for riding a bus and talking with a crazy woman. But this just brings me back to everything I just said. You are so in need of human contact that you spend money on a woman who goes on and on about auras? Really? That’s what you choose to show the world? I know you’re in Seattle, but honestly can you get away from annoying hippie women for one second to try and show the XWF what you’re about? Seriously Chris, you should have announced your last promo as "Valerius gets a soul hooker"

The most embarrassing part of this entire exchange was the complete lack of knowledge about auras. There’s nothing more annoying than believing the entire of your life is visible in a coloured spirit around your head. Do you really believe you walk around a yellow? Maybe tomorrow you can feel like a pink glow? I don’t think this woman knew the first thing about the new age movement, she just smoked a lot of pot and was trying to make some money to smoke some more. That’s Seattle for you. Green and fucked up. Any city that made their most famous landmark a fish-market needed help anyway. Damn, I hate the pacific Northwest. That bunch of lululemon wearing, green-and-blue assholes think they lived in the greatest place on earth. But mountains can’t make up for 363 days of rain a year. So fuck Seattle and all it’s first-world problems. Everyone there has a stronger opinion on Marshawn Lynch in the Superbowl than any real problems. And yes, Russell Wilson shouldn’t have passed that damn ball.

Which brings me to another characteristic of being a Sociopath: Extreme Antisocial Behavior. Most real sociopaths don’t want to go near people, let alone find anything about themselves they want searched or discovered. You really went to get your aura cleansed as a sociopath? That makes no damn sense to me. You’re telling me a diagnosed sociopath would allow a woman to see a defining characteristic of his soul and shift it around. That’s like telling me someone with OCD is on the street trying to get his dick sucked. Some of us fight this fight because we have to, because it’s who we are. That’s why I do it. You feel more fake than Jenny Myst’s left tit. And damn it if I wouldn’t rather watch that than you try to cut another incoherent promo about riding on a bus.

Neville pours himself a drink. He’s brought the cheap stuff again. It’s a shame, being in this shithole could really lend itself to drinking the good stuff. He was going to have to drink a lot to forget this place. A dog was now riding up against his leg, getting his $2, 000 pants dirty. The owner apologized, but he didn’t have time to talk with men like him. Just get away from these people, get the solace you require.

Lesson #3 – Learn to be a Winner

The best lesson that I can give you, Chris Valerius, is that being a winner has to be a part of who you are. Being a champion requires that winning comes at a frequent pace. You, Chris, aren’t a winner yet, and you certainly aren’t a champion. You barely break even in terms of winning and losing, and yet you run your mouth, go crazy in ring and act like everyone owes you something. Do you find it enjoyable to be “unpredictable” and hurt people who don’t expect it? Do you enjoy beating up ring announcers? Honestly, that’s probably the only people you can be expected to destroy.

Winning is about a lot more than beating people up in the ring. You have to think through things. Make rational decisions. Represent the company well. And make damn sure what you say and what you do are the same thing.

Neville walks up to a cabin that sits outside of some ruins. This would be his home for the next week. Away from it all. Time to exile himself away from people who want something from him. Time to catch up on some reading. Time to excuse himself from a public champion life.

Neville could afford something better, but this wasn’t about spending the time in luxury. Neville needed to get away from the people he’d been hurting real bad, so he could continue his mission. Neville had a vision for what he needed to accomplish. Mezian was his latest victim, but Chris Valerius was the next one on his list.

Chris Valerius, I’ve got something to teach you. But I serve a bigger purpose in the XWF. And you’re just goddamn collateral damage. I hope you get hurt this week Chris, I hope you get hurt real bad. I’ll see you on Saturday.

Neville shuts the door and the screen fades to black.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Neville Sinclair's post:
JackCain (08-24-2017), JimCaedus (08-25-2017)