Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 02:21 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Re: Top 50
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Just wanted to post a quick heads up that I added little ribbon banners to any account on the Top 50 list (as you can see in mine).

I'm not really an artist, but I think for now this is good enough. If anyone has a better looking option though I'm more than open to swapping it out.

There are several people on the list who do not have accounts on the site, so there are fewer than 50. However, I am pretty sure I got everyone who DOES have an account. I also only put one on the account that is the primary or the one mentioned on the list - not alts.

I really hope you guys dig the list and I just wanted to give a little something extra for you legends. We spent a lot of time putting it together. It's a living document and there are dozens of other people who have a legitimate argument to make the list, so there will be future changes as things evolve.

Thanks!

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(08-12-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (08-12-2017), Finn Kühn (08-13-2017), JimCaedus (08-12-2017), KimAnderson (08-12-2017), Theo Pryce (08-13-2017)
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2017, 06:55 PM

I'm new and all but how does one even get on the list? And good job on it. It looks very well done. Good job boss man.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Holliday's post:
JimCaedus (08-12-2017)
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Be gangster for an extended period of time.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like James Raven's post:
(08-12-2017), Barney Green (08-12-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (08-12-2017), Finn Kühn (08-13-2017), JimCaedus (08-12-2017)
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2017, 09:59 PM

(08-12-2017, 07:10 PM)James Raven Said: Be gangster for an extended period of time.

Works for me lol
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-13-2017, 01:56 PM

#32?! That is so much bullshit!! i should be at least in the top 20

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Peter Fn Gilmour's post!
Vincent Lane (08-13-2017)
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 02:01 PM

Aaaaand there's the Pete that we all know.

You actually went up like 5 spots, man.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Phantom Panzer (08-13-2017), Theo Pryce (08-13-2017)
Chasm Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 02:01 PM

(08-13-2017, 01:56 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: #32?! That is so much bullshit!! i should be at least in the top 20

You are lucky to even be on the list,

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chasm's post:
Phantom Panzer (08-13-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Chasm's post!
Unknown Soldier (08-15-2017)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-13-2017, 02:13 PM

i dont see u on that list Wink

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-13-2017, 02:39 PM

(08-13-2017, 01:56 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: #32?! That is so much bullshit!! i should be at least in the top 20

He's got a point Lane. He did beat you 16 times and you are ranked #10.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Chasm Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 02:42 PM

(08-13-2017, 02:13 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: i dont see u on that list Wink

Never said I should be on the list, I know I have had a few good runs but mostly ended up leaving after poor showing, but the idea that you are better then the likes of Fuzz, DD, Superballs is a joke.

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 03:33 PM

I like how guys named "Fuzz" and "Superballs" are held in high esteem here. I need to read heir stuff.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like The Engineer's post:
Chris Valerius (08-14-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (08-13-2017), Phantom Panzer (08-13-2017), Theo Pryce (08-13-2017), Vincent Lane (08-13-2017)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-13-2017, 04:26 PM

I highly recommend separating the list into two separate eras. It doesn't make sense that the list that the community came up with in 2011 looks so much different from this list, even if we only focused on the names from that era to begin with. I was expecting some recency bias, so I'm not surprised half the list is from the last 4 years, rather than featuring an even distribution of talent from the years... but this misses the marks in many, many areas. I would be glad to help revise this thing and I am in no way saying that the last four years shouldn't be represented. I'm just saying we already have a list of 1999-2011 and the ranking of people from that era should not have radically changed. Dropping Hall of Legends members like Kitten, Boondock Saint, Andrew Gibson, Golden Boy, and Trent Gein just shows a lack of knowledge about the history of this fed.

I'm also not even going to touch the "which name would probably beat which name" part in the description. That flat out was not represented in this list. Not when you have names like Peter Gilmour over Drake Komodo and Raziel lmao.

[Image: hw7M8KM.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blizzard's post:
Phantom Panzer (08-13-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Blizzard's post!
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2017, 04:59 PM

I think a list like this better aligns with history, and I did not alter the order of the new names since I trust in the judgment of current management to rank current talent. I evenly distributed the new names using a rate that evenly weighs both eras.

50) Robbie Bourbon
49) Sewaside
48) Morbid Angel
47) Fuzz
46) Epic
45) Tri Bute / Guppy Parsh
44) Extreme Warrior
43) Hardcore Smitty
42) Rage
41) Kyle Demise
40 John Samuels/Titan
39) Ranma Saotome
38) MiGRaiNe
37) Tomoko Hanahara
36) Luca Arzegotti/Lazarus
35) Wannabe
34) Golden Boy
33) Trent Gein
32) Sebastian Duke
31) Raziel
30) Superballs
29) Mr. High Flyer STS
28) Theo Pryce
27) Cyren
26) Andrew Gibson
25) Kid Money
24) Drake Komodo
23) Eli James
22) Kitten
21) Judas Iscariot
20) Boondock Saint
19) “Loverboy Vinnie Lane”
18) Dynamic Dynamite
17) Big Shank
16) Centurion
15) Unknown Soldier
14) Kore
13) Jayzon Williamz
12) Cooper
11) Sid Feder
10) T-Money
9) Bigg Rigg
8) Aidan Collins
7) Doctor Louis D’Ville
6) James Raven
5) Jem Williams
4) Lee Stone
3) The Brand
2) John Madison
1) Steve Jason

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 05:18 PM

Blizz, good to see you.

Let me assure you, something I really want to do is sort of bridge the gap and close some old wounds between the various eras of XWF. I think in our advanced age, the things that seemed like devastating and unforgivable betrayals 15 or even 10 years ago are becoming more and more water under the bridge.

A year ago, I think the idea of James Raven being involved with the XWF in any way would have brought knee slapping laughter, but here we are.

We did what we could to keep a fair list that was not only respectful to older names, but also pertinent to the people who would actually see the list on a daily basis.

Now, keep in mind that as you mentioned "who beats who" is only a fraction of it. There are names at the bottom who could beat names at the top. There are names not on the list who could do the same. There's sort of an immeasurable "what does this person mean to the XWF overall" aspect as well, and yeah, a recency bias is sort of unavoidable. The current roster has no interest in a list that's 90% people they have never heard of and can't even go back and research.

Guys like Gilmour, god bless him, he's been a stalwart in the XWF for longer than anyone except maybe Barney. He is known all over the internet. He deserves a spot.

Take that into consideration and this as well - fedding in 2000 and fedding and 2017 are vastly different. I think an objective eye would read work from that era and this era and see things differently than you or I. Their list would be really different. I'll mention a name from an old list who had a recent semi-run, Killjoy. He's an old Hall of Legends guy, I'm pretty sure, and I gotta say, dude, I wasn't impressed. No disrespect to the guy at all, but it wasn't there. I don't think you'd argue that your 2014 run was "legendary" either, although I know for a fact your older runs were much better.

Think of the WWE HoF. You have guys in there that absolutely definitely should be, like Bret Hart and Ric Flair. You have guys that got bounced for dumb shit like Hogan. You have guys you CAN'T put in there for obvious reasons, like Benoit. You have Koko B. Ware, for some reason.

The way I see it, your "pre-2011" idea is kind of what I hope to have as revived Hall of Legends sometime in the near future. The guys who are long gone but deserve the nod. Then there's guys like you and Raven who are still alive and kicking, and have a huge impact on the fed's past present and hopefully future. You guys and the newer guys would make the "Current Top 50," instead of branding it as the "all-time," because honestly I think making a TRUE, valid, all-time list is probably impossible.

Blizz I like you. I do. You can ask Raven, you're always a guy I ask about. You were a favorite of mine as soon as I joined up and I thought it sucked things went the way they did. This was the first step of making the list right, and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (08-13-2017), Theo Pryce (08-13-2017), Unknown Soldier (08-15-2017)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2017, 05:30 PM

Killjoy wasn't in the Hall of Legends and he was ranked No. 44 on the last Top 50 list, which is why he wasn't featured on my amended list. That's a really shoddy example to use if you want to insinuate things are tougher now, which is 100% not the way to go with this. You're right when you say that we can't compare 2000 to 2017, but I promise you that the quality of rps now isn't magically better than in 2006. I was actually here back then and you're just 100% wrong there.

Listen, Vinny, I really do like the sentiment of what you're saying. In fact, I really want to get on board and I think it should be easy to bridge the gap between eras. But if you really want to create a fair representation of what happened in the past and what is happening today, there's a right way to do things. Evenly weighing the eras and letting each era rank their own guys is the only way to go about this.

Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2017, 05:39 PM

Killjoy may not be the best example, but there aren't a lot to choose from. Him, Michael Graves, Gilmour, Chasm, Barney, you and I... I'm probably missing a couple, but if I'm completely honest I wouldn't think the old era was dominant if I was new and that was the sample size. I really don't think Vinny was cherry picking an example, that was probably the most apt one without making a personal example of you or I.

Keep in mind, I do think the old era is dominant. Relax yourself kiddies.

Just sayin.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 05:40 PM

I'm not against the idea, really. I think the separation would be necessary, in the Hall of Legends vs the Top 50, like I mentioned above.

Also if KJ was a bad example, my bad, I was just misinformed there.

Trust me when I say that myself, Shane, and other input as well from various eras was taken into account here. It's not perfect and can't be perfect. I imagine your list isn't perfect either. I'm one hundred percent on board with older names stepping in and giving input. I'd love some older names to be involved, you included. Some of them are impossible, I know, and some of them almost certainly carry their own biases that would be just as unfair as anyone else's. It'snot ever going to be a finished product, in my opinion. I want to re-address it again probably beginning of the year and then potentially add in the "legends" list. It's what I wanted to do from the start, and updating the list we had was the first step in that.

Hate Post Like Post
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2017, 05:47 PM

Oh, my list probably isn't perfect and I'm down for suggestions on it. Literally all I did was take the old list and add new names at a 30% clip, since the new era makes up that much of XWF's history. As I said, I 100% trust your judgment on what has happened here since the rebranding, but we have the legitimate consensus list on the old names so it should be used. I wouldn't be discouraged/intimidated by some of the newer names falling spots, basically everyone on my list was a main eventer at some point.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 05:53 PM

That's cool, man. It's definitely something to be considered. It's hard for me to have any say on the names I don't know.

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-13-2017, 07:36 PM

of course i wouldnt be on the list of blizzard. by the way, glad u came out of the hole again. but seeing names like TOMOKO HANAHARA, CENTURION... man brings back memories. wtf happened to them

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-13-2017, 07:38 PM

They're living life. Must be nice.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates James Raven's post!
Unknown Soldier (08-14-2017)
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2017, 07:43 PM

(08-13-2017, 07:36 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: of course i wouldnt be on the list of blizzard. by the way, glad u came out of the hole again. but seeing names like TOMOKO HANAHARA, CENTURION... man brings back memories. wtf happened to them

Life is one helluva drug, Petey.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-13-2017, 08:04 PM

yeah most of us have it Wink

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2017, 05:06 AM

I honestly had no idea this place was that old when I joined. It's pretty rare to find a fed that's been around so long, and that has that much HISTORY behind it. I can't imagine all that I've missed, I don't even know who 95% of the people on that list are. Is all the oldest stuff completely lost?

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2017, 05:51 AM

As far as I know, yes. Some guys from back then like Shane or Raven may have some archived stuff, but the host site has changed several times over the years and a lot was lost.

Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2017, 05:51 AM

Anything pre-2003 is pretty much gone for good. Starting from that point on, you can find more and more as you get closer to present day.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2017, 05:52 AM

Unknown Warrior, feel free to drop in and hate this post too. Seems to be a hobby of yours lately.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like James Raven's post:
Blizzard (08-14-2017), Unknown Soldier (08-15-2017)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2017, 02:43 PM

(08-13-2017, 07:36 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: of course i wouldnt be on the list of blizzard. by the way, glad u came out of the hole again. but seeing names like TOMOKO HANAHARA, CENTURION... man brings back memories. wtf happened to them

Didn't do it deliberately, bud. I just combined the two lists without adding any of my own opinions (my list would look a lot different in some areas). I wanted to give people a chance to look at a list that was weighted to equally represent the entire history of the XWF. Your resume and tenure probably deserves to be ahead some of the guys in that 40-50 range, but I didn't modify things very much.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blizzard's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (08-14-2017)
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-14-2017, 02:59 PM

Would any of you guys that know the old history be willing to do a regular article talking about an old fedder/angle?

As a guy who's new here I'd love to get some more history of the place. I don't think I'm alone there.

[Image: pFP1ZZx.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Travis McCoy's post:
Chris Valerius (08-14-2017)
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

08-15-2017, 03:27 AM

CANT BELIEVE I MOVED DOWN THE LADDER SO DRASTICALLY! SUCK MY DICK!

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
Phantom Panzer (08-15-2017), Theo Pryce (08-15-2017), Unknown Soldier (08-15-2017)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-15-2017, 03:41 AM

Who is the resident fatty up in this place? Steve Dave needs his knob waxed.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Archie Lawson (08-15-2017)
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-15-2017, 03:45 AM

(08-15-2017, 03:41 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Who is the resident fatty up in this place? Steve Dave needs his knob waxed.

Barn weighs more than me. So, there's your answer.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post