Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 08:50 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Act III: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire - Part 2 of 2
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-01-2017, 09:23 PM

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear. It is not absence of fear."

~ Mark Twain

July 27th, 2017
Alleyway
Hollywood, CA

WEE WOO!

WEE WOO!

WEE WOO!

The sounds reverberated around the streets as multiple police cars could be seen sweeping the streets, looking for our protagonists Jon Williams and the Young Lion, Finn Kühn. While Finn's old station wagon had been lost during the car crash due to the velocity of the impact, Jon managed to borrow Carter's Ferrari to visit Finn. Speaking of Jon, he was currently thanking his lucky stars as the jet black car was able to fit into the surrounding narrow alleyway exceptionally well. The officers trying to look for the duo were either: a) too stupid to realize there was an alleyway, or b) too stupid to notice the car there, or c) they did know about the car and the alley, but they were too stupid to check and see if it had Finn and Jon in there. Either way, the police officers were fucking .

"On the bright side," Finn said, "Considering these police officers are too stupid to find us, I should be able to make it to Savage safely."

"Are you crazy, Finn?!" Jon shouted, causing Finn to raise his eyebrow and look at him. Regardless, he was silent as Jon continued. "You just got in a car crash, A FUCKING CAR CRASH and woke out of a COMA, and all you can think about is wrestling?! You fought your way out of a HOSPITAL! The only place that would make sure your leg would be safe would now ideally hand you over to the police since we knocked out six of their guards!"

"Finn, use your head for once. You're in no shape to complete. You're a fucking fugitive now, for Christ's sake. What would happen if you got arrested? Or worse, if you did go ahead and decided to compete, and you ended up getting yourself fucking killed?! We've been with each other since childhood. Your parents have been looking out for you since you were born, that's why they moved from Frankfurt to Brooklyn, you know that. My uncle wanted to meet you again after all this time. What would happen to them if I had to explain to them 'Oh gee, Finn was such a fucking moron he decided to compete with a major injury and--'"

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?!" Finn yelled at the top of his lungs, his face as red as a boiled tomato. Jon was praying that none of the cops found the two since they were getting into a shouting match. "I'm sorry I've been a bad friend, I'm sorry I've been a fucking asshole, and I'm sorry I have zero regard for my health. Are you happy?"

"Fine. But Finn, promise me."

"What?"

"You need to stop this. The doctors said you were supposed to never compete again, and you broke out just to compete again."

Finn looked down at the ground, lost in thought. After a brief while, he said, "No."

"What?"

"Jon..." Finn said, his voice becoming shaky. "You don't understand. There are a whole bunch of people like me in this world. Sure, I did fine in school. Sure, I could probably make a decent living as some company stooge. But that's not who I am. People like me? I live for the competition. I live to fight. And ultimately? Fighting... fighting is just all I'm really good at. What do you have left when you take away my real talent? Just a husk of a man who likes to talk big, yet only blows hot air. Precisely the kind of guy I always talk down to in promos. I'm not ready to be the thing I talk down to. I'm not ready to be like all the Chris Valeriuses, all the Doc Psychoes, all the no-names who come to stake their fortune in XWF and wind up with broken dreams. That life isn't for me."

"Jon."
Finn raised his head and looked his friend dead in the eye. "I need this. Please. Don't take this away from me."

Jon looked at the staring wheel, his eyes clearly showing that he was lost in thought. He shook his head, muttering, "I can't believe I'm actually considering this..." Then, Jon turned his head back to Finn. "Fine," he decided. "You fucking owe me for this though." The two then proceeded to sit in silence until a loud buzz could be heard from Jon's phone. Opening it up, it was another text from Carter.

Carter: change of plans. the marketing section for a movie i was a part of as an extra wants all guys to appear for the premiere at a theater out of state, i should be gone for a few weeks. show finn around the house while i'm gone

Jon sighed, though he figured that was for the best considering all the drama surrounding the two between arguments and the fucking police. Finn heard Jon's sigh, turning to him and saying, "What's up?"

"Nothing, just my uncle. He's gonna be out of the state for a few weeks to attend a premiere for a movie he was a part of as an extra. I get to show you around the mansion."

"Oh, cool. What movie?"

Jon quickly texted back to Carter.

Jon: What movie?

Not long after, Carter texted back.

Carter: emoji movie

"Goddammit, Carter," Jon cursed.

"Something tells me I'm not gonna like the movie he's in."

"It's the fucking Emoji Movie."

"Gag me with a fucking spoon."

Before Jon could agree, Carter texted back--

Carter: by the way- what is an emoji???

Jon groaned, then thumped his head on the steering wheel. Today was going to be a long day.

Present Day
Mansion of Carter Williams
Hollywood, CA

The camera fades into a shot of Jon and Finn on a luxurious plush couch, presumably in Carter's mansion. The two can be seen staring intensely into the camera, presumably to cut a promo on Jack Cain.

"Fuck you, Jack Cain," Finn starts.

"Well, that didn't take long," Jon chuckles.

"I can see the only thing that can match your lack of in-ring talent is the amount of stupidity you display. Jon, making excuses for ME?! First of all, he knows what I can do. He knows I can beat you with one leg amputated and an arm wrapped around my back. Second of all, the only reason he's making, quote, 'excuses' for me is simple:"

"I'M."

"NOT."

"SUPPOSED."

"TO BE."

"COMPETING."

"Last I checked, that was made abundantly clear. The camera showed Jon's texts with his uncle, and Jon, can you show me the text in question again?"

Jon boots up his phone, goes into his text message history with Carter, and after scrolling up a bit, shows the text to the camera.

Carter: u think finn will be alrite for savage???

Jon: It's unlikely Finn's wrestling again.

"DO YOU SEE?! DO YOU FUCKING SEE?! Unlike your twisted version where he supposedly thinks I can't beat you, he was saying if it wasn't for my accident is because I was never supposed to step inside a ring again! But see, that's not an issue. I said it with Valerius. I said it with Psycho. And I'll say it with you-- you can't beat me even if you killed me. I'll still find a way to kick out at two."

"And then you're trying to go ahead and diss my friendship with Jon???"

Jon chimes in. "You see, dickweed, unlike you and whatever half-assed 'friends' you have, me and Finn are like brothers. We've got in some nasty arguments, but we're best friends, through thick and thin. You wouldn't know what that's like, you're too busy being a fucking failure to be loved."

Finn nods in agreement. "Seriously, these comebacks to try and come at me are the weakest shit ever. I expected more from you. You went on and on and on about how you could beat me, and honestly? I don't see a single word that backs up that claim. You go on and on about how you won battle royals, ran people out of the company- tell me, how many of those people mattered? You won a battle royal full of scrubs, yippee. You ran nobodies out of this company, great fucking job. I've done that too! After my match with Doc Psycho, has he ever been seen sans a couple times? Has anyone noticed Chris Valerius ever, specifically after I beat him? You won a title, congratulations! Was it the Heavy Metalweight title? Lemme tell you, that title is perfect for suckers like you. You can even get a little rub out of it since that title touched greatness, aka yours truly. Hell, the only reason why I got that title was because I wanted a little extra pay day."

"But okay, I'll give credit where credit is due. Yes, Jack, this fight is the most important day of my life so far. Because you see, when you face the bottom of the barrel and you move up to just a smidge above the bottom of the barrel, then yes, that is a modicum of importance more. Meanwhile, this will also be the most important day of your life, and it'll stretch into the morning as the doctors bring you into the ER and try to figure out how to save your life."

"Now, you may be right. You're bigger than me. But there's no way in hell you're badder than me. The only thing you're badder than is a chew toy a dog's used and pissed on for about ten years. There's no fucking way you're walking out in one piece. There's no fucking way you're earning a W. And the worst part for you is? While you're gonna be ran out of this company, you're just a speed bump. This match will just be a footnote. I'm going to beat you, then I'm going to Savage Saturday Night, beating Neville Sinclair and become a fighting Television Champion, and then I'm cashing in the title and winning that Universal gold. Belive that."

The scene fades to black as Jon and Finn stare daggers into the camera.

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
JimCaedus (08-01-2017), Vincent Lane (08-02-2017)