Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:18 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Act III: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire - Part 1 of 2
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-31-2017, 10:46 PM

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

~ Albert Einstein

July 27th, 2017
Good Samaritan Hospital
Hollywood, CA

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The slow, methodical sound of the heart monitor reverberated around the sterile, white hospital room, only joined by the clacking of shoes on the floor as Jon Williams paced the floor with his arm in a sling and his ribs taped as his best friend, Finn Kühn laid in the bed, unresponsive.

Jon crossed his arms, furrowed his brow-- he felt guilty Finn was in this mess in the first place.

Following the car crash that took place shortly after Finn's last promo, police and EMTs were quick to respond to the call. Drunk drivers were seemingly commonplace in the middle of the night, as even though Finn was only tipsy-- and barely passed the BAC blood test due to the amount of time between his last drink and when he began driving-- another drunk driver had his car driving in the middle of the road. Finn and Jon were sharing in infectious laughter before the car got hit, and as such were unable to react. Due to how the accident took place, Jon for the most part received minor damage- a few broken bones and some bruised ribs, nothing time wouldn't heal. Finn's side of the car however, was directly hit by the car and he was unconscious upon impact.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Every beep that sounded on the heart monitor echoed in Jon's head. It was ultimately his fault that him and Finn had gone out celebrating to enjoy his debut win, it was his fault they had decided to go driving at that time, this entire incident was his fault.

Why did I have to be so stupid at the time? He thought to himself as another beep echoed from the heart monitor.

Following the EMT's response, they quickly brought Finn to the Good Samaritan Hospital, where doctors found Finn in a coma, so they took the opportunity to quickly perform surgery on him after applying the anesthetic. After the procedure, Finn was brought into his hospital room. A few x-rays, some perscriptions, an orthropedic surgeon visit along with some time later, and Jon went back up to Finn's room, refusing to leave his side. After a few minutes of Jon standing by himself and looking at Finn, wondering what to do, a loud buzz could be heard from his phone. Looking through his texts, Jon found that his uncle who the duo planned to stay with in Hollywood, Carter Williams had texted him.

Carter: Had 2 go to rehersal @ theatre today, hope finn is doing well. May stop by later. If finn gets up, tell him i'm waiting at the house for you two

A loud sigh, Jon quickly texted back--

Jon: No problem, doctors only said Finn's coma was supposed to last a few days. He should be up and moving about today or tomorrow.

After no time at all, Carter texted back Jon.

Carter: U think finn will be alrite for savage???

Jon sighed again, exasperated. There was no way Finn was wrestling again for a while. To even get in fighting shape by the time Savage rolled around was a laughable prospect at best. The doctors even warned Jon that Finn wouldn't wrestle again ever- a travesty for someone so young and talented. Jon texted back Carter, saying...

Jon: It's unlikely Finn's wrestling again.

Silence from Carter. Shaking his head, Jon turned the screen off, and then he noticed the cameraman. Jon was feeling a mix of emotions-- anger, sadness, regret. He decided to take them all out on the one man Finn was looking forward to facing before the incident.

"Jack motherfucking Cain," Jon began. "Fitting, considering your stable name. I'll cut to the chase. You may be big, you may be bad, but there's one thing you also are-- a bent out of shape piece of shit. You go around, trying to re-live the 'glory days' of your past, trying to kick ass, take names and down a beer or two while you're at it. I got news for you, you ain't shit. Man, I was scared of you once before, I admit it, but I saw Finn in action. I also saw you in action on the same damned shows. You don't have what it takes. You lost to Neville Sinclair. You lost to Doc. You're about to lose to James Raven. And if it wasn't for this, you'd lose to Finn too."

"What I'm trying to say here is no matter what you may try to relive, no matter what you look back on, you don't have what it takes anymore. You can't get the job done. You always come up just a bit short, yet you try and justify your misguided attempts at glory by saying, 'I almost got the job done!' See Jack, I figured you'd know this lesson. You were an ex-Marine member. You know, and I know that in the heat of the moment, almost doesn't count. Out there, it's a dog-eat-dog world. Only the biggest and baddest survive. And you, Jack? You're an old, frail hound that's ready to be put out of his misery. The simple fact is, is that if this didn't happen, there would be no way you'd be able to beat Finn. You may go on and on, drinking at bars like usual, claim Finn is self-entitled, claim you'd jam your dick up his skull, whatever."

"But we both know that's just hot air. You talk a big game, but your actions speak louder than your words. You can't finish the job. You don't have what it takes here. You're too soft. Do you want to make me and Finn into believers? Want to make Finn believe he shouldn't have gone after you? Why the fuck don't you win a match for once?"

Jon is about to continue, but as he looks over at Finn, Jon's breath gets stolen as Finn's eyelids flutter open, and a low, guttural moan can be heard from the Young Lion.

"Finn!" Jon cried as he rushed to Finn's side. "Are you alright? Oh man, I was so worrie-"

"Jon," Finn said, interrupting his friend.

"Yes, Finn?"

"What's the date today?"

"Thursday. The twenty-seventh. Why?"

Finn looked lost in thought for a moment, until his eyes looked as wide as balloons. Jon was confused at first, though it became clear as Finn started to unhook his IVs. "Oh no, oh no no no. You are NOT wrestling anytime soon!" Jon cried as Finn started to walk out of his bed with a major limp.

"Over - my - dead - body," Finn said, gritting his teeth as his left leg felt like it was killing him. "What happened - to my - clothes?"

"Soaked in blood and glass, they disposed of them. Seriously, Finn, use some fucking common sense. How the hell are you gonna fight at Savage against Chris Valerius?"

"If I can breathe," Finn started as he looked around the halls, making sure there were no nurses or security guards in sight. "I can fight. If you think - I'm going to let - Jack Cain and Chris Valerius - get the last laughs - you're dead wrong." Finn began to punch his left leg to try and bring some feeling back as the duo got to the stairwell.

"Finn, listen to yourself! This is maddening! You can't be seriously expected to be in a Parking Lot Brawl just a week after you got in a car accident! Think of what your parents will feel!"

Finn stood silent for a moment, before locking eyes with Jon. "If you're my friend, you'll help me get out of here. You'll have faith in me, and you'll know that I'm not losing - even if I can't attend due to injury - to a no one like Chris Valerius." With that, Finn began to walk down the stairwell, almost crying in pain from his leg before he stopped himself.

Jon sighed once more. "Honestly, I don't know what I see in you."

"Hard work and determination," Finn groaned as he continued to walk down the steps to the lobby. "Like I said earlier- Cain, I know you're listening. There's no way in hell you're getting the last laugh. You see this fucking pain I'm in? You see all that time I was basically a fucking vegetable? That's, that's what I'm going to do to you during our match. I've fought - I've bled to get where I am, and I'm not letting a little fucking car accident slow me down. I'm not letting an old geeser slow me down. That Universal Championship... IS MINE!" Finn cried out as he started to collapse on his bad leg down the stairs.

"FINN! Jon cried out as he chased after Finn. Not soon long after, a multitude of nurses found their way to Finn, trying to pick him up and get him back to his room.

"Get - the hell - away from me," Finn grunted, brushing past one of the nurses as he hobbled on one foot to the exit.

"WE NEED SECURITY!" said one of the nurses as Jon chased after Finn. Within seconds, about six security swarmed out of an unmarked room and quickly surrounded the two as Finn was right in front of the exit. Both Finn and Jon went back to back, silent.

After a few seconds, Finn whispered in Jon's ear, "Do you still remember your boxing lessons?"

Jon responded, "Yes? But Finn, why do you as-"

"Follow my lead."

"Are you seriously trying to--?"

"LISTEN UP!" Finn shouted, cutting Jon off. "I don't mean any of you any harm, but there's no way in hell I'm going back up to that room. Now, we're not gonna touch any of you, so long as you don't touch any of us. Now, we're gonna slowly walk out.."

Within seconds, the security guards rushed towards Finn and Jon.

"Aw, son of a bitch." the two said in unison.

Right as the first security guard put his hands on Finn, Finn responds by pushing him aside, jumping off with one leg and hitting a clothesline! Meanwhile, another security guard tried hitting a punch at Jon, causing the young man to weave out of the way and respond with a killer haymaker! The security guard is knocked out with one punch as Jon shakes his hand following the hard shot.

Another security guard grabs Finn in a waist hold, but Finn isn't in the mood. He starts peppering the officer holding him with a multitude of hard elbows, cauing him to have a few teeth go flying as well as a busted lip as the nurses scream. As the security guard relinquishes his hold, Finn clocks him with a Pele Kick using his good leg! The security guard drops like a sack of bricks as another security guard comes out of nowhere and tries tackling Jon! However, he manages to stop the takedown and puts him in the clinch before hammering him with multiple knees right into the ribs and sternum! The security guard starts coughing up blood as Jon throws him into another oncoming security guard who was aiming for Finn.

"Thanks!" Finn calls out.

"You fucking owe me for this." Jon responds, clearly not happy with the situation.

Only two guards left. Finn and Jon nod as Finn ducks another punch from one of the guards, the force of which causing him to turn around. Suddenly, in unison, Jon clocks one of the guards with another killer haymaker as Finn hits a one-legged KNIFE IN THE BACK! The guards fall like dominos as the nurses scatter, presumably to call the cops.

"Help me up," Finn grunted as Jon extended his arm. "Right, well. I bet we only have... ten minutes tops before the police get on our tail? We gotta leave, now," Finn sighs as he hobbles out of the hospital on one foot.

"Best advice you've given all day," Jon groans as he runs after Finn.

The scene fades to black.

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
JackCain (08-01-2017), JimCaedus (08-01-2017), Vincent Lane (08-02-2017)