Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 06:17 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! BUT WHERE'S THE SHOW?
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 06:25 AM

Is the question I assume a lot of you are wondering.

Well, the simple fact is that the GM staff and myself, once again, have been let down by match writers.

We have a system in place. We have specific people who claimed to want to be match writers. It's voluntary. We don't assign matches to anyone or force anyone to write anything. Again, it's always voluntary.

What we have seen repeatedly is, especially for Warfare, which is even more ridiculous being that there's a full two weeks to get them done, a pattern. The pattern is, people show up and claim matches they want to write. They then disappear. When I check on them, it's getting done, it's in the process, or, oh, I started it but it got accidentally deleted.

Look guys... none of us get paid to do this. This is time we take out of our personal lives because it's a hobby we all mutually enjoy and we all actually give a crap about the way things go and the quality of things. We spend hours every week reading every roleplay, judging them, discussing them, coming up with ideas for matches and feuds and titles and so on and on and on....

Yet, for every show, we are left waiting for someone who volunteered to write a match to actually turn it in. I have personally taken a lot of steps and made a lot of suggestions to improve the match writing process, but it continually seems to come down to "meh, the GMs can just do it themselves."

Well, we aren't going to.

In the future, if a match isn't turned in to us on time, then you're just getting a result with no match write up. I'm tired of holding up entire shows waiting for one or two slackers.

The first time it happens, you get the flat summary result.

The second time it happens, that person never gets asked to write a match again.

Oh, and if anyone is unhappy with their rushed, shitty, paragraph-long match, I will be MORE than happy to tell you exactly who wrote it.

Thanks.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 15 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(07-21-2017), (07-21-2017), (07-21-2017), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-21-2017), Brucette Blingsteen (07-21-2017), Chris Chaos (07-21-2017), Dr.Psycho (07-21-2017), Finn Kühn (07-21-2017), JackCain (07-21-2017), Muddy Waters (07-21-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-21-2017), Phantom Panzer (07-21-2017), The Engineer (07-21-2017), Theo Pryce (07-21-2017), Travis McCoy (07-21-2017)
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 08:00 AM

That's fair. In fact, I was in another fed where shows went up on time no matter what and if a match writer didn't come through, oh well...summary results! It was standard operating procedure and just accepted.

That being said, I don't get off work till unusually late tonight, but if you still need help, LMK. Though I imagine you'll have posted by then.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the next Warfare too.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Jenny Myst Offline
The Queen of X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-21-2017, 09:12 AM

Vin :-(
Hate Post Like Post
Chris Chaos Offline
Corporate Chaos

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-21-2017, 09:15 AM

As you all know I am head writer for Savage and time and time again I find myself writing three sometimes four matches. That I don't mind hell I would put the entire show together myself, n write all the matches and segments if I could but the fact is I have to RP as well. I hear what Vinnie is saying and I run into a little bit of it myself. This doesn't go out to everybody because there are people who consistently have matches in my inbox every week and you know who you are. But in a lot of cases, this week included, it is nice to know the result of your match so you can mention it in your RP or the result of maybe your opponent's match so you can mention that as an advantage.

I like the summary result idea in a way but I also HATE it in a way. I would like to try to avoid that if possible so what I'm going to do if throw my hat in the ring and say that I will write as many as needed to make sure Warfare gets up on time and I will start them early instead of waiting to the last day because I am guilty of that as well. I always get them in but I usually write them either Wednesday or Friday depending on the show Savage Warfare.

I will even volunteer to write the entire show to avoid summary results
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chris Chaos's post:
JackCain (07-21-2017)
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-21-2017, 09:18 AM

I'd volunteer as I used to write my matches in another fed. Do we have rules about that here? I get people can make themselves look awesome at other's expense, but I'm happy to do that if there's no objections?

That said I work full times, and shifts, plus I'm a carer for family members so my time is limited - which is why I've not volunteered before now.

If this is the situation though I think it's fair that we all chip in as much as we can?

[Image: JackCain.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

07-21-2017, 09:39 AM

I personally have no issue with summary results unless it's a big match. I understand giving the promoers more but in the end a summary can do quite a bit.

I also mentioned it to Vinnie in a PM (thought this thread was closed for some reason) but I think it'd be a good idea to A. Give people credit for their matches they write, not sure if it's in the shows but a written by: would be nice.

The flip side though if someone doesn't send a match it should be known who. If that person wants to apologize and explain themselves to all of us then cool. But not sending matches effects all of us. People not promoing effects who ever is in the match and there is way more shame on that currently.

[Image: pFP1ZZx.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-21-2017, 10:46 AM

Fire them all

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Brucette Blingsteen (07-21-2017), Finn Kühn (07-21-2017), JackCain (07-21-2017)
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

07-21-2017, 11:26 AM

I think just saying "so and so was supposed to write this match but didn't" is enough but I understand doing more.

But if the punishment is too heavy you risk people not volunteering at all

Hate Post Like Post
John Madison Offline
i want all of the belts on me

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 12:04 PM

Shut the fuck up and let Lome handle shit if you're not willing to have your write ups turned in by Wednesday fucking night. Learn some manners!!

[Image: bsz3FUZ.png]

107 - 1 (Lost to Theo only because I have a shit fetish)
Second Greatest Wrestler Of All Time
King of the XWF

Current Events:
*Beat the Universal Champion*
*Beat the number one contender for the Universal Title*
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-21-2017, 12:09 PM

(07-21-2017, 09:39 AM)Travis McCoy Said: I personally have no issue with summary results unless it's a big match. I understand giving the promoers more but in the end a summary can do quite a bit.

I also mentioned it to Vinnie in a PM (thought this thread was closed for some reason) but I think it'd be a good idea to A. Give people credit for their matches they write, not sure if it's in the shows but a written by: would be nice.

The flip side though if someone doesn't send a match it should be known who. If that person wants to apologize and explain themselves to all of us then cool. But not sending matches effects all of us. People not promoing effects who ever is in the match and there is way more shame on that currently.

I want to speak to the second sentence here by Travis. I get where he is coming from and maybe that is something Vinnie might consider however as a former GM I want to urge some caution there.

I used to keep match writers a secret because if for some reason someone took issue with how their match was written I did not want that being thrown at the match writer. They are doing the staff and the fed as a whole a favor by helping out and writing matches. The last thing I'd want is for them to have to hear negativity. Justified or otherwise. Now there were times when people would blatantly say they wrote such and such a match and so be it, that is on them but I personally would be hesitant to put that information out there.

I think a fair compromise would be a list of thank yous at the end of shows. At least then the person who helped with the show gets some recognition without it being publicized what part they helped with. It also allows the rest of the fed to see which members are going above and beyond on behalf of the fed. Or maybe a badge can go under/above their avatar like we did/do for those who donate. Something that lets others know how awesome you are for match writing.

To that end, again as a former GM, putting shows together is hard, it is extremely time consuming and honestly, painful to do without the help of the rest of the roster. It might not seem like much but it is. As Vinnie said, there is a lot of work that goes into being a GM that doesn't show up on the boards.

This fed/community is only as good as those who are part of it and if you want the XWF to continue to be a great place then it would be most helpful if those of you who have the time and can step up and write some matches so that the GM's done have to do them all because as you've seen when that happens, shows are days late. And no one wants that.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 12:10 PM

(07-21-2017, 09:18 AM)JackCain Said: I'd volunteer as I used to write my matches in another fed. Do we have rules about that here? I get people can make themselves look awesome at other's expense, but I'm happy to do that if there's no objections?

That said I work full times, and shifts, plus I'm a carer for family members so my time is limited - which is why I've not volunteered before now.

If this is the situation though I think it's fair that we all chip in as much as we can?

I don't particularly mind when someone writes their own shit as long as they don't take advantage in the ways you described here. We want everyone to look good and to enjoy reading the matches, even though someone has to win and someone has to lose, it should be equally enjoyable for each one. No one wants to read their guy get slapped around like a pussy for 1000 words because his opponent wrote it and decided to put himself over.

Again - even if someone can only do one match a month or something like that, it's totally fine. We all know this is a hobby, not a career. Real life will and should always come first.

(07-21-2017, 12:04 PM)John Madison Said: Shut the fuck up and let Lome handle shit if you're not willing to have your write ups turned in by Wednesday fucking night. Learn some manners!!

Suck a dick, Madison.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Dr.Psycho (07-21-2017), Finn Kühn (07-21-2017), JackCain (07-21-2017), Theo Pryce (07-21-2017)
Phantom Panzer Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 12:13 PM

You do remember I used to write for the shows, right? If you need help, you know who is always available.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 12:15 PM

I do know. And in a pinch I would ask you. What we run into in these scenarios is that we don't even know there's a problem until it's already too late.

Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

07-21-2017, 12:31 PM

(07-21-2017, 12:04 PM)John Madison Said: Shut the fuck up and let Lome handle shit if you're not willing to have your write ups turned in by Wednesday fucking night. Learn some manners!!

Confused by this. Who needs to learn manners? Who is lome? What's a John Madison?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Travis McCoy's post:
(07-21-2017), Theo Pryce (07-21-2017)
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-21-2017, 01:07 PM

(07-21-2017, 12:10 PM)Vincent Lane Said:
(07-21-2017, 09:18 AM)JackCain Said: I'd volunteer as I used to write my matches in another fed. Do we have rules about that here? I get people can make themselves look awesome at other's expense, but I'm happy to do that if there's no objections?

I don't particularly mind when someone writes their own shit as long as they don't take advantage in the ways you described here. We want everyone to look good and to enjoy reading the matches, even though someone has to win and someone has to lose, it should be equally enjoyable for each one. No one wants to read their guy get slapped around like a pussy for 1000 words because his opponent wrote it and decided to put himself over.

Again - even if someone can only do one match a month or something like that, it's totally fine. We all know this is a hobby, not a career. Real life will and should always come first.

Suck a dick, Madison.

In which case if you ever need me to write one of mine then i'm happy to do so - again the only reason I do so is that I pretty much know my guy and how he would work, and I'm more comfortable with my time restrictions knowing that straight away, as it means I know a bit of the storyline for my match already and only have to look up one guy's moveset instead of two!

If that's not cool though I totally understand, but I would pride myself in writing a good back and forth.

[Image: JackCain.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-21-2017, 01:12 PM

(07-21-2017, 12:15 PM)Vincent Lane Said: I do know. And in a pinch I would ask you. What we run into in these scenarios is that we don't even know there's a problem until it's already too late.

And if this happens again, I'll be there, 90% of the time. The other 10 percent is me sleeping or jacking off. I don't mind writing a match in a pinch, in case they're running too late. I've done it before. Just letting you know.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post
Brucette Blingsteen Offline
Don't do drugs...without me.

XWF FanBase:

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

07-21-2017, 01:47 PM

(07-21-2017, 12:31 PM)Travis McCoy Said:

Confused by this. Who needs to learn manners? Who is lome? What's a John Madison?

All time top 50

Do not try to understand him.

Current Universal Champion
(1x) X-Treme Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Brucette Blingsteen Offline
Don't do drugs...without me.

XWF FanBase:

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

07-21-2017, 01:49 PM

Also I volunteer to be a GM. I'd like to bring back beheadings and shit filled toilet matches.

Current Universal Champion
(1x) X-Treme Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brucette Blingsteen's post:
JackCain (07-21-2017)
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

07-21-2017, 01:50 PM

(07-21-2017, 01:47 PM)Bruce Blingsteen Said:
(07-21-2017, 12:31 PM)Travis McCoy Said:

All time top 50

I actually did know he was all time top fifty. The rest of the post confused me

Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-21-2017, 01:54 PM

(07-21-2017, 01:50 PM)Travis McCoy Said:
(07-21-2017, 01:47 PM)Bruce Blingsteen Said:
(07-21-2017, 12:31 PM)Travis McCoy Said: Confused by this. Who needs to learn manners? Who is lome? What's a John Madison?

All time top 50

I actually did know he was all time top fifty. The rest of the post confused me

The whole Lome shit was a running gag back in the day when Frodo called Lane 'Vannie Lome.' The name stuck and now some of us just call him Lome.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finn Kühn's post:
Travis McCoy (07-21-2017)
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

07-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Thanks bud.

Still confused but I'm getting there

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Travis McCoy's post:
Finn Kühn (07-21-2017)
Tommy Wish Offline
Some Nobody

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-21-2017, 02:59 PM

(07-21-2017, 01:49 PM)Bruce Blingsteen Said: Also I volunteer to be a GM. I'd like to bring back beheadings and shit filled toilet matches.

...Iz Dat Chu, Shnse ?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tommy Wish's post:
(07-21-2017)