Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:17 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoot Me Up Doc
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-15-2017, 09:44 AM

The camera opens in a small medical examination room. The Peoples G.O.A.T., James Raven, sits on the exam table and digs his fingertips into the thin paper covering as a white-haired doctor pokes around his ribcage. The doctor blocks the camera from seeing too much of what's going on.

RAVEN: Jesus doc, you've got heavier hands than the boxers that I spar with.

DOCTOR: I promise you, I'm being gentle. Your rib is fucked.

RAVEN: Wow, is that your professional opinion? Is that the terminology that they taught you in medical school?

DOCTOR: I haven't been in medical school for 30 years, I'm too busy working on jack ass daredevils like yourself. You can't wrestle this week.

Raven laughs, but winces as he does so.

RAVEN: Not an option. I have to wrestle. It's booked, the tickets are sold, and Chris Chaos is a baby back bitch. I'm going out there.

DOCTOR: The rib isn't separated from the cartilage, that's the silver lining. I can't tell for sure if it's completely fractured or not, though. The swelling is too severe, I can't feel around too aggressively. We'll need to send you down to the lab for some scans.

RAVEN: What's the difference in recovery time if it turns out that it's broken?

DOCTOR: If it's just bruised? Three weeks. If it's broken? Three months.

Raven grits his teeth in frustration, but remains still.

RAVEN: Three months out of action, or three months until I'm back to 100%? I've had rib injuries before but it's always been compounded with other injuries. It's never been the one thing I was waiting on.

DOCTOR: It varies, person to person. If you rush back before it's healed though, it's a serious risk of re-aggravation and highly likely that you'll make it worse. It's a rib. Your entire body moves with it, James. Don't be stupid, and pull out of the match.

RAVEN: I told you, Doc. Not an option. The show's tonight, and I'd almost rather tolerate Chris Chaos pretending he beat me than listen to him bitch and moan about how I dodged him for the next month. I'm not disappointing the fans. I'm not screwing management. Besides, Blingsteen would have a field day with it...

DOCTOR: Who is Blingsteen?

RAVEN: The Universal Champion.

DOCTOR: Hm. Sounds like a .

James smiles, and nods his head slowly.

RAVEN: I can't take any x-rays yet. If it shows up broken, it opens the door to liability lawsuits, gamblers suing me for not disclosing the injury and cheating them on their bets... it's messy. Just put a bandaid on it, Doc.

DOCTOR: There's no band aid for a rib, James. I can't put a cast on it or stabilize it. You need to rest, and ice it down, take a few painkillers.

RAVEN: I'm not into painkillers. I walked a dangerous road with them when I was a kid coming off surgery, and I can't rest. Ice is doable though. What about a cortisone shot?

DOCTOR: It would be excruciating, and potentially more damaging long term. It just blocks off the pain receptors and the nerves, it superglues you back together, but that doesn't mean you're not still taking damage and making matters worse.

RAVEN: Will it increase my mobility? Will it let me fight?

DOCTOR: Not really, no. It won't make you any better, you just won't feel it as much.

RAVEN: Works for me. Shoot me up, doc.

The doctor looks at James in frustration.

DOCTOR: You're not listening to me, James. If you don't pull out of this match, you're going to lose.

RAVEN: Shoot me up.

The doctor sighs, and crosses over to a cabinet and opens it up, digging through its contents for the appropriate supplies.

DOCTOR: How'd you hurt yourself anyways? Brutal match?

RAVEN: I wish. Honestly, these young kids keep pinning me on concrete floors for shitty title belts that don't even matter. I keep letting it happen, 'cause they need the shine more than I do. Thaddeus got me the other day, but I like the kid. So does my son. This Finn Kuhn guy snuck up out of nowhere though, I heard something pop and it started to swell almost immediately.

DOCTOR: Putting that gym membership to good use, 'eh?

RAVEN: Fuck you, doc.

DOCTOR: The legends never heard of a school boy?

Raven shoots a dangerous glance at the doctor as he echoes the exact sentiments of Vinny Lane.

RAVEN: Seriously. Fuck you.

We fade out.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit
[-] The following 6 users Like James Raven's post:
Dr.Psycho (07-15-2017), Finn Kühn (07-15-2017), JackCain (07-15-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-16-2017), Theo Pryce (07-15-2017), Vincent Lane (07-15-2017)