Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 08:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Bubble Boy
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

07-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Self-awareness, the ability to understand the way that others perceive you, is an important trait. Without it, people and organizations make themselves look like fools to the world. We’ve all seen spokespeople or politicians say statements that couldn’t be any more tone deaf. That’s because these people are in their own world. They work with a group of people or surround themselves with friends that all reinforce the same ideas. They all give the same perspectives. They create an echo chamber; they create a bubble.

If you’re in a bubble, you fail to see things that disprove your narrative. You cherry pick the facts that fit your agenda, and not a single person in your bubble bats an eye. Nobody calls you out on your fallacies because they either want their world view reinforced or they are too ignorant to see through the propaganda. After living in a bubble for a long period of time, you make mistakes. You say things that sound completely ridiculous to the people of the real world. If you live in the bubble, you interpret things completely differently from everyone that lives in the real world. The worst part is, you truly believe the bullshit that you’re espousing.

Brian Stelter is a host on CNN. It couldn’t have been more than a week ago when he uttered some truly tone deaf sentiments. You see, our not very presidential president, Donald Trump, tweet out a video. In the video, Donald Trump tackles a man with a CNN logo superimposed over his head.

Now, if you’ve been following politics in the United States at any point in the last year, you know that President Trump is not a fan of CNN. You know that President Trump mocks the media left and right, and he revels in acting like a juvenile on Twitter. It’s rather safe to assume that Trump sent out this video because he saw it and thought it was pretty funny. Sure, that’s not what the president should be doing, but he is just being a dick.

Then, Brian Stelter shows up on the television and he calls this tweet a call for violence. He says that Donald Trump is responsible for any violent actions taken against the media or press. Stelter feels like this is a personal attack. Stelter takes such offense to the tweet, that he believes it breaks Twitter’s code of conduct.

Brian Stelter is one hundred percent serious and he believes every word he’s saying. He actually thinks that Trump is calling for violence. That’s because he lives in a bubble where he is surrounded by others that tell him that he is the victim and that Trump is actually a racist and a fascist.

In the real world, people, even those that don’t like the president, don’t buy the mindless garbage that Stelter is shilling out. That’s just the kind of dumb shit that our president says, for better or worse. I wish that the president was pushing forward important policies, like signing a bill that gives lizards the same rights granted to people, but that doesn’t mean this tweet is calling for murder or crime. It’s just an old man being a fucking dick. Furthermore, if the public can remember a few weeks back, CNN actually sponsored a version of “Julius Caesar” in which Julius Caesar is assassinated while dressed up to look exactly like Donald Trump. So if a tweet is a call for violence, which is wrong according to CNN, then why is it okay for this play to carry on? But this inconsistency can’t be seen inside the bubble, which only makes Stelter’s overreaction more cringeworthy.

But in the bubble, they created a strawman and they are trying to pass it off as the real thing.

Now, Chris Chaos is doing an impressive homage to Brian Stelter. He takes everything out of context, he openly distorts the truth, and he tries to sell all the viewers his bullshit snake oil. The reason why Chris Chaos is such a convincing charlatan is that he actually believes in the words he preaches.

Chaos submerges himself in a bubble. He looks down on everyone else because he thinks that he is the biggest star in the company, but he doesn’t realize that he’s looking at the world through a different lens. He doesn’t perceive the things that an objective viewer would notice because he colors in every event with the brush of his choosing.

So I’m going to pick a part a few of the many lies and distortions that Chris decided to spread.

Chris Chaos Said:You were pinned and beaten by the biggest tool on planet earth, Gabe Reno. I was the Universal Champion, you were just some guy who liked lizards. I was better than you then and I am better than you now. Ever since then, I have rose through the ranks and become one of the most recognizable people on this roster

Now, let me start by pointing at the obvious flaw here. Chris Chaos jumps all over me for being pinned by Gabe Reno, and you know what, that’s true. Anybody can mock me for it, but I’ll take it in stride because when you bring up that Gabe Reno pinned me, it’s easy for me to mention that I’ve only been pinned in the XWF a handful of times. And I haven’t been pinned in months.

But that’s not the juicy part, Chris Chaos mocks me for losing to Gabe Reno. Now follow his logic here, Chaos claims to have rose up the ranks. But he was already Universal Champion…And what happened? Oh, Chris actually fell down the ranks because he lost that Universal Championship. Here’s a fun little fact, he lost that belt to the same guy that he mocked me for losing to! Gabe Reno beat Chris Chaos and took his championship from him! I would like to add that the only time I wrestled Gabe Reno one on one, I actually held onto my Television Championship, but go ahead Chris, make jokes about how I lost to ‘the biggest tool on planet earth’. It’s almost like Chaos has either blocked his failures out of his mind because they were too traumatizing or his ego is so fragile that he can’t bring the topic up in public. Either way, Chaos is making a glaring omission while dancing around the truth.

Chris Chaos Said:........you need a clone of a WWE champion and UFC champion as a body guard in order to get noticed. But while you were rotting away in the TV title division, I was planting the seeds of change in this company. While you were breeding monsters to watch your back I have been deeply ingrained in perhaps the biggest story line this company has had in years. Do you see the drop off here?

I’m not sure about you, but I’m under the impression that Chris Chaos doesn’t pay close attention to the current events going on in this company. He seems to be unaware of my relationship with Brock, but he still feels the need to open his mouth and make an ass out of himself. Chaos, I’m not taking part in cloning anybody. I didn’t hire Brock, I didn’t want Brock, and I don’t need Brock. I’ve been center stage in this company for the last month, or are you too busy fast forwarding through every segment of the show that doesn’t feature yourself?

While you and Ax3 were losing again and again to the Kings, I was tearing the house down on Savage. Sure, I didn’t get involved in any melodramatic bull shit, but I gave the fans matches that they would remember. I certainly did not ‘rot away’ in the hunt for the Television Championship. I had an absolute barn burner with Jack Cain and Danny Imperial. I brought the best out of my opponents, and if you ask any fan, they will tell you the same thing. Mezian, Peter Gilmour, and Cadryn Tiberius all brought their A game to their championship matches, and all of these bouts took place on prime-time television. Most were even in the main event slot.

Maybe I wasn’t picking fights backstage or losing in title match after title match, but it isn’t fair to say that a main eventer was completely unnoticed. Brock may have brought a different kind of energy to Savage, but it’s an absolute lie to pretend like I was some guy wrestling the dark matches until Brock debuted. All the fans that have been cheering me on for the last eight months know that you’re full of crap, and if you genuinely buy that, then you must be living in a bubble.

Chris Chaos Said:Your inbred body guard got pinned by another inbred hillbilly, and the credibility of Savage--along with the IQ of our viewers--dropped a few dozen points. But I am glad you introduced Brock to us, Thomas. I truly am. It’s been a pleasure to meet the poster child for the pro-choice movement. It's been a pleasure to see that you are still a joke. It has been a pleasure to see that the lizards finally have an ambassador they can count on! Thomas, you're about as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.

This is where Chaos gets nefarious; he sneaks in a couple snide comments and a little joke. But he makes a stupid mistake. He conflates my skill as a competitor with the false straw man that he creates from his jokes. In this case, he tosses a few random insults at Brock, somehow blames me for his shortcomings, and then he declares that I’m a joke. At no point does he mention that the only Television Champion more successful than me in recent history is Jim Caedus, a man that beat Chris Chaos. Chaos fails to bring up that I was involved in a serious, bitter feud that culminated in a brutal dog collar match. Nobody was laughing at me when I slammed McBride’s head through a table.

But hey, apparently, I’m a joke to Chaos because the clone of Brock Lesnar is somehow an inbred and hahaha abort the . Maybe I’m missing something, or Chaos’ words are really that hollow and meaningless.

Chris Chaos Said:I have seen promising superstars fizzle out like flat soda and end up being nothing. I have seen people I didn't value more than a piece of flattened gum on the street turn into some of the top guys here. You just never know, Thomas. It is beauty, it is chaos.

But me, I have been the most consistent ass kicker here. Seeing my name after the vs. on a card makes opponents damn near choke on their tongue. Nobody wants to face me, everybody thinks they can beat me, but the truth of it is that only a small handful have. You, Thomas, are not one of them. And you never will be.

I’m not going to spend my time debunking Chaos’ main claim. He tries to say that I will never beat him because he is just so damn good, you know the usual schtick. What really got me there, was the way that Chris Chaos talked about unpredictability and uncertainty. He starts off by saying that any rising star can burn out and any failing stock can have a sudden upturn. But then, he decides to mention that I’ll never ever be able to beat him.

Well, there’s a philosophy going around Chris, I may have just watched you talk about it. Even if you are such an amazing star, and even if I’m complete utter trash like you seem to believe, then you still think that I have a shot at winning! Because flattened gum can turn into a top guy and you can fizzle out and end up being nothing.

It’s funny how you drone on in such a way that you don’t realize your blatant contradictions. You should really try thinking before you utter this trash, and maybe I won’t sound so right when I call you out for being a damn fool.

Chris Chaos Said:That sounds like fear to me, Nixon. That sounds like a man who wants no part of what he is about to partake in. That sounds like a man who knows that he is knee deep in shit and quickly sinking.

At this point in Chaos’ little rant, he stooped to a low that I’m uncomfortable with. He took a quote out of context, gave no explanation, and then he misattributed emotions to it. He made it sound like I want Brock to carry the match and carry our team to victory. But in actuality, if you go back and watch our interaction, I was making Brock an offer. I was leveling with him. You see, despite Chaos claiming that I made Brock or that I need him, we actually aren’t on the best of terms.

So I was explaining to Brock that if he doesn’t want to be pals in the ring, I’ll get the fuck out of his way. But he’ll find out that one against two isn’t easy, and he’ll take me up on my offer of teamwork.

That comment that you misquoted has nothing to do with you or your girlfriend. You weren’t mentioned in the fucking conversation, but you just assumed that my comment had to be about you. Your ego told you that I was scared. That I had to be trying to get out of my match with the greatest man that’s ever walked on the face of the Earth.

Buddy, some things just aren’t about you. The sad thing is, everyone who saw my promo knows how badly you misinterpreted my words. And that mistake says a lot about your ego and how highly you see yourself. And that perfectly explains the bubble that you curl up inside. Because to Chris Chaos, everything is about him. That lack of self-awareness is why he believes that he’s the biggest name in the company. That’s why he still thinks he’s a hot commodity even though he failed to reclaim the Universal Championship. That’s why he can’t look at Thomas Nixon and see the man that all the fans see. That’s why he can’t help himself from making shitty lizard jokes that everyone has already heard.

Chaos, you’re going to suffocate if you sit in that bubble long enough. I suggest seeing the world how it really is. After that humbles you, you won’t say arrogant, tone-deaf comments that only prove how little self-awareness you have. But I’m guessing you’re gonna get angry and upset and embrace your cocky swagger instead, but that will be your downfall.

Who’s playing mind games now?

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
JackCain (07-07-2017), JimCaedus (07-07-2017)