Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 10:07 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Victory
Neville Sinclair Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-30-2017, 07:01 PM

April 2, 1801

The men on the HMS Elephant stood amazed. Nelson had ordered a charge when retreat had been signalled by the commanding ship. Had he completely lost it? Nelson ordered the signal acknowledged but not repeated to the ships around him. Fearfully, Nelson’s second in command, Thomas Foley, questioned the charge to his commanding officer.

Are you sure, Sir?

Just do what I say

Nelson could feel the victory in his grasp. It wasn’t enough to come back another day and try to repeat everything we had accomplished today. They were so close. We have to do it now. The fleet stood still, Nelson wouldn’t accept surrender. Timidly, Foley asked again

But sir, the retreat order

Nelson turned to him, calm and smiling.

You know Foley – I have the right to be blind sometimes. I really do not see the signal.

At that moment, Foley got it. Lord Horatio Nelson was blind in his Right Eye. He had placed the telescope to his blind eye knowing that the retreat signal was coming. He never disobeyed an order, but he found ways of getting around them when he disagreed. Foley relayed the message to the rest of the men on board and a giant cheer went up. In that moment, it didn’t look as if a decisive battle was going on, men were laughing, singing, enjoying the moment. No one smiling broader than Lord Nelson himself. He knew they could win this, the action was a vote of confidence in his men.

Now let’s win this damn thing
-----------------

June 28, 2017

Neville Sinclair had now moved on from the Maritime Museum. On the same property, but up a steep hill sat the Prime Median. This was known as the center of world. For most cartography, the Prime Meridian was the center line. Because this was the center of the world, all time centered around this area as well. Greenwich Mean Time was the time zone around which every other time zone was based on. This was an important place.

Time really is an important thing isn’t it? We like to think of it as a currency that we can spend as we please, but if we really think about it, we don’t have control at all do we? How other people do things, the people that depend on us, random circumstance all affects how we are able to spend our time and what we can do with it. We spend so much time in life thinking on how we can keep ourselves safe and prolong our lives, but it’s never something we can control. As I’ve been thinking on this match this Saturday, that’s a truth that’s really hit me. We’ve gone back and forth ragging each other on influence, power and mortality, as if we have some kind of control over the whole damn thing. But all we have control over is the choices we make when we’re in moments. And the only way we can make good decisions in those moments is by training ourselves in wise decision making and repeatedly make good decisions over and over again.

Neville stops himself and sits on a bench at the top of the hill, he can see the Maritime Museum below. He also catches a great view of much of London. Behind him sits the center of the world.

I don’t mean to talk overly philosophical today, but I think this is the biggest difference between myself and my opponents this week. Unlike Jack Cain, I’ve accepted the brevity and fragility of time. Unlike Jenny Myst, I’ve accepted my place and position in life. I have both tight control over these things and an ability to hold it loosely and adjust. I’ve done my homework and know how to make good decisions when the situations arise. I think that’s why I enjoy Lord Nelson so much, here was a man who knew how to make the best decisions when they were needed and people depended on him for it. That’s a man I can model myself after, that’s a man we can all model ourselves after.

Neville walks a little further and glances up at the large clock on the property

Jack Cain, you’re a man grasping at time. A time that’s passed you by. I’ll put this bluntly, I want the title you hold so dearly and I aim at taking it from you on Saturday. I’ll give some credit, I’ve enjoyed the banter. Listening to guys like you try to maintain an image of being tough, and proving yourself through hard words reminds me why I do what I do. I get to be the guy to come in and tell you that what you think is tough really makes you look like a complete ass. This is fun for me. But your time is up, and next week you’ll notice that not only is someone else wearing your gold, but that you’ve plummeted down the list of respectability because I’ve exposed you for who you really are. A Coward.

Neville smiles and takes a deep breath, taking in the fresh air that surrounds him

You see Cain, Lord Nelson didn’t always obey orders, but he was still able to do what he wanted because he was smarter than the system he submitted to. Had Nelson flat out disobeyed, like you’ve admitted to, he would have been thrown in jail, and we would be talking about him completely different in history. If you’re truly ex-military, you know this. Nothing about your story makes sense, either it happened, and you should be tried for treason. Or it didn’t happen, and you’re making the whole thing up. Those are the only two options, you’re either a certified coward who deserves punishment, or that was a really good story you told and I will look forward to next week when you make up a different story and try to pass it off as true.

Neville’s look suddenly hardens, and he stares directly into the camera as if he’s looking for a fight

And the fact that you don’t understand rank, the fact that you seem to hate order in things, the very fact that you can’t even see how easily you’re influenced is exactly why the XWF deserves a better champion than you. Think about the responsibility that comes with holding a title Cain, and you’ll soon understand how your “I don’t give a shit” attitude has made you one of the most embarrassing champions in this federation. What does holding the title even mean to you? You don’t seem to understand that it’s something that sets you apart. Holding the title is achieving rank, it’s about gaining influence, and it’s about using that belt to make your own name great. But as you’ve said many times, you’d rather be a little guy. Instead of being a champion who gloats your own greatness, you’ll forever go down in XWF history as being one of the “little guys” you seem to identify so much with.

Tomorrow you can go back to being the common man, that’s what you want isn’t it? On top of that, the federation must really seem to want to get you out of your title reign badly. How else can you explain that they’ve let a guy fight for your title in his second week in the company. And on top of that, they threw someone else into the mix begging for anyone to come take the belt from you. The XWF knows what they’ve got in their champion, an underachieving coward who doesn’t know what to do the moment he’s given the slightest bit of greatness. But starting tomorrow, greatness is coming to the television title on Savage Saturday Night. Someone who knows what he’s doing as champion will take that hardware away from you and show you how a winner is supposed to act. Time’s up Jack Cain.

The Union Jack flaps proudly in the distance behind the clock. As Neville looks at it, he feels an incredible amount of patriotism. Proud of what his country has accomplished through history, and proud of where it stands in the world now.

So this brings me to listening to your awfully rehearsed little speech last night Jack. How many times did you crack tea jokes in that? I get it! English people drink tea, hilarious. Bringing up Coronation Street and Tony Blair? Amazing, and I appreciate the effort it took for you to google “bad English stereotypes”. It’s too bad you didn’t get all the way down the page to bad teeth, monarchy and Doctor Who jokes too. Believe it not Jack Cain, we actually have a dessert called “Spotted Dick”. I can only imagine the mileage you’d get out of that one. Here’s the thing about all of that, my identity is not completely found in being “English”. I’ve never put forward great displays of loyalty to that idea, because I believe I’m so much more than that. Going so hard into that completely misses the point of why I call myself great. I’m great because you’ve never met another person like me.

Amongst a country that has brought greatness into the world, I stand out. Why? Because I work hard and know that acquiring skills and knowledge is the best way to become the type of person you want to be. So was your aim to try and simplify me? Was your simply goal to show me as an English stereotype? I think by trying to do that, you simply simplified yourself. I told you things about myself that you could have knocked out of the park. I explained my reason for coming, I told you my strategy in trying to beat you, I talked. But you didn’t listen. You refused to. You took everything I gave to you and the best you could come up with was lobbing up English stereotypes at me and calling me a “Limey Fuck”. Well done, Jack Cain.

Neville pulls a flask out of his pocket and takes a shot

So what have we all learned about Jack Cain this week? What has he taught us about himself that we can take away from this. First off, his lack of influence. The second I brought something new to the table, Jack Cain tried to become Neville Sinclair, only he did it really badly. Do we really want a champion who is that easily swayed? Second, we’ve learned that Jack Cain is a complete coward. For an ex-military that weighs over 300 lbs, I never expected him to run away from a fight. Yet he openly admitted to doing it because he didn’t like the guy giving the orders. Are your daddy issues that bad Jack Cain? Finally, we’ve learned that Jack Cain doesn’t like it when people take rank and leadership. Jack Cain likes being the little guy. And that’s exactly why Jack Cain will never be a great champion. Men with championships should be the type of men that love wearing the belt and there should be a kind of swagger that comes with it. Do you really want this guy to represent the best you have XWF? Weakness, Cowardice, Mediocrity. These are words that describe Jack Cain, and come Saturday it’s time that these words don’t describe your television champion. The Neville Sinclair era has arrived.

As Neville takes another shot, clouds can be seen in the distance, the wind was turning

Oh yeah, and if there’s anything we Brits know a lot about, it’s rain, you dumbass.

Neville walks over to the Prime Meridian, the center of every map in the world and straddles both sides of it. For most this was a playful picture opportunity, but he wanted to prove a point.

And don’t think I’ve forgotten about you Jenny Myst. I just don’t have all that much to say to you. Your simply stated attack on me has been based solely on the fact that you don’t think British people should eat, drink or listen to things from other countries. The very notion of what you’re saying is pure ignorance. You flaunt a pathetic view of womanhood out for the world to see and expect us to respect it? Jenny, I don’t have any respect for you. I’m done with you. I was done with you the moment you doubled down on that insane argument when I pointed out how bad it truly was. In terms of this match, you’ve proven yourself to be entirely inconsequential, and I am 100% sure that it won’t be you walking out of this match with the Belt. It’s been said that for every great man, there’s a great woman behind him, so Chris Chaos clearly isn't a good man.

Neville moves to one side of the Meridian, and plants both feet firmly on the ground.

So know your place Jenny. Know that this world is made up of people who are better than you at just about everything. If I were you, I would sleep through my alarm on Saturday and not even show up to the match, but when have you ever done anything that makes any sense? I’m going to dedicate the last few things I say to you to showing you how to use a quote properly.

Neville smiles as he thinks of what he needs to say

The great comedian Louis CK did a fantastic routine where he talked about the problems in this world coming down to the fact that we love ourselves too much. This is what reminded me of you. You’re a spoiled, told-she-can-do-everything-she-wants, type brat who parades around and spews nonsense to anyone in existence. But let me finish this with his greatest thought about the entire situation, “Self-love is a good thing but self-awareness is more important. You need to once in awhile go, ‘Uh, I’m kind of an asshole.” If I can teach you anything Jenny, it’s this. You have a lot of self-love, you seem to think you’re the sexiest woman on the planet. You’re not. The biggest hole in your game though, is that you have absolutely no self-awareness. You don’t understand how everyone else looks at you. You’re kind of an asshole.

Nevilles smiles and turns his back to the camera

Oh yeah, you’ve got a perfect ass though
---------------------------------

When the battle of Copenhagen finally ended, Nelson and his men stood victorious. The rallying charge had proven successful and was exactly what was needed to push the British Navy over the edge. The Danes lost the battle and Nelson moved in to open negotiations in Denmark. Because of what Nelson had done, his men would follow him anywhere and fought battles to win for him. Horatio Nelson was a hero and a genius. But he couldn’t get one thought out of his head

Who’s Next?

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neville Sinclair's post:
(07-01-2017)