Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:55 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! My First Roleplay
Chasm Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-25-2017, 11:05 AM

So as some of you might have seen I was able to write my first role play in 5 years. It is a start but I know I still have a long way to go before my match at the PPV if I want any chance to beating Green.

So I am wondering for those who read it what are some thing I should maybe look at working on before the next one.

Thanks

See RP here: http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=27903

edited this post - 05-25-2017 07:11 PM

Added RP link for you...

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chasm's post:
(05-26-2017)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-25-2017, 07:12 PM

Looks good, and already is collecting a nice amount of "likes" from readers, so I'd say you're off to a great (re)start! Welcome back bub!

In the future, always supply a link to something you want feedback on as that will make people much more likely to read it instead of having to go search around on the boards for the piece in question. I added the link for you.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-26-2017), Theo Pryce (05-26-2017)
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

05-25-2017, 07:38 PM

not bad bro

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes drezdin5788's post:
Vincent Lane (05-25-2017)
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-26-2017, 07:05 AM

Nice work, Bobert. I've seen some false starts from you in the past and if I'm being honest was half expecting you to no-show. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did you post, but it was a solid opening effort. The story is pretty straightforward, so I won't go too into story ideas until you flesh out where you want to go for yourself. This was enough to do the job of reintroducing the character, saying what you needed to say quickly, and add a little humor to keep the reader going.

I have no idea how judging is done or what is valued these days, so this is what I'd say if we were doing this a few years ago; grammar check. This RP isn't too bad, especially considering some of your OOC posts (kidding, homie) but there is some punctuation and some spelling that might have been caught on another edit. It wasn't enough to take me out of the piece, but it's always good not to lose a few points where preventable.

Also, and this is entirely up to you, have you thought about doing first person? Most of your narrative paragraphs start "Chasm does this" and "Chasm thinks about that". If you were to start writing "I think" or having more reactions to your side characters it might spice up the language a little. Also, since you're not a huge trash talker, it lets you put more match relative content into the piece "within your own head" so to speak; it'll let you be more vulnerable, sell for your opponents a bit, but never have to say those things on camera. Again, totally up to you, I just figured I'd toss it out there. Shoot me a message here or on Facebook if you're not sure what I mean, or want to talk about it at all.

Good job. Glad to see you back.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like James Raven's post:
(05-26-2017), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-26-2017), Barney Green (05-27-2017), Chasm (05-26-2017), Theo Pryce (05-26-2017)
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler Offline
Oceanic Cowboy

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

05-26-2017, 11:13 AM

You give solid feedback. *Shaka*
Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-26-2017, 11:29 AM

The first few RPs on a return are the hardest. With that said, you did pretty well with what you have to work with. I can't wait to see how much your work improves as you become more familiar with the roster and current storylines.
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

05-26-2017, 12:21 PM

(05-26-2017, 11:13 AM)Bearded War Pig Said: You give solid feedback. *Shaka*

If I'm going to give someone feedback, I'm going to try and be legit about it. Besides, Chasms an old friend. I'd like to help fast track him up the card if I can.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
Chasm Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-26-2017, 05:08 PM

Thanks you the feedback, working on my 2nd now, would be lying if I said that having my opponents look like they are going to no-show hasn't made me slack on getting this rp written and up

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-27-2017, 06:45 PM

5 years is a long ass time. Props for taking another run at it. If you want some views from someone new to XWF (but not fedding), here's my two cents....

The Good: I liked how it wasn't too much. It was humble, and you had the courage to show some indecision/doubt in character about making a return. I'm assuming you drew on some real life feels for that and it shows. It seemed very authentic and a nice change of pace from "XWF BETTER GET READY TO TAKE MY HUGE DICK" type intro stuff (guilty).

Grammar wasn't bad, but I don't care about that shit unless it's majorly distracting or makes it unreadable. Clean it up some of you want, but it didn't hurt much.

The Not As Good: Some of it read kinda awkward. This, for example...

"Chasm cuts him off and you can tell he is getting a little upset as he pretty much yells".

Read that aloud. How does it sound? I think it would have been better as something like,

"Chasm rolls his eyes and barks into the phone."

More concise, conveys that he's annoyed, but with a "less is more" sentence structure that rolls off the tongue better.

Only other critique, and it may seem kinda hypocritical given what I wrote under what's good, but I'm not sure this is particularly dynamic or memorable. While it really humanizes Chasm, its tough to make a trip through the drive thru all that exciting. It wouldn't have been my first choice, though being subtle was never a strong suit for me. Others may disagree. Punch it up some for he next one, maybe some training and an injury scare...? Just a thought.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post