Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-09-2024, 05:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
"XtremeGoddess666"
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

05-19-2017, 07:50 PM

The scene opens up to an open room backstage in the Ralph Engelstad Arena. A background with the XWF logo has been set up in front of the wall, and the area has been appropriately set up to record last minute thoughts of the XWF superstars before, during, and after Saturday Night Savage. Steve Sayors is dressed in a dark blue suit and tie. He’s holding a microphone in hand and he glances down at his watch. Despite XWF superstars regularly blowing off interviews with Sayors or showing up remarkably late, Steve always makes an effort to show up several minutes ahead of time.

Right at the top of the hour, Thomas Nixon enters the room. He’s still in his street clothes, a gray V-neck and blue jeans. Over his right shoulder rests the XWF Television Championship looking nice and polished. Nixon drops his duffel bag with his gear at the door, and he makes his way towards Steve, extending his hand.

“Sorry, Steve. I was running a bit late. It’s good to see you.” Nixon says, shaking the interviewer’s hand.

“Of course. Great to have you. Let’s get this started.” Steve says with a genuine smile on his face, he knows that he probably won’t be beaten senseless this interview session.

Nixon and Steve settle themselves in front of the mounted camera, and Steve gestures for the camera to roll.

“Hello XWF fans! Welcome to this XWF.com exclusive interview! Right now, I am with XWF Television Champion Thomas Nixon, and we are hours away from his big title defense against Peter F’N Gilmour on Savage Saturday Night!”

“Thanks for having me, Steve.”

“Thomas, how do you feel getting in the ring with an XWF mainstay like Peter Gilmour and defending your championship? Is it intimidating that he’s an experienced competitor gunning for your belt?”

“Well, Steve, this is a new experience for me. In my time here, I’ve only wrestled a few XWF mainstays, people that have been around this company for years. The first two I encountered were Barney Green and Reeve Gordon, but there is a distinct difference between those two men and Peter Gilmour. Barney and Reeve never changed the XWF landscape the way that Gilmour did when he brought the X-Treme Championship to the forefront of the XWF. Green has had an accomplished career and is a veteran, but he hasn’t won championships the same way that Gilmour has.

The other man I tangled with was Michael McBride, but that wasn’t the same scenario that I’m in now. I fought McBride in one match, and that bout was not a title match or a regular match for that matter. That was a battle, a war, and it wasn’t about using our past knowledge or experiences. That was about knocking out the other man and beating them senseless. That’s not the same match up as the main event tonight.

The fact of the matter is, I haven’t faced a proven legend in a championship match. I’m not scared, but I know that Peter is going to put up one hell of a fight. Even though he hasn’t had any notable wins in 2017, he still made Jim Caedus work for his win last week. He still made Chris Chaos put in effort to hang onto the Universal Championship. He’s going to throw out everything he has and then some, but I’m prepared to face that. I’m not scared of Peter Gilmour. I’m not intimidated by Peter Gilmour. I will not be syked out by Peter Gilmour. Plain and simple. This is going to be a challenge and a key defense in my championship reign, but I don’t need to cross my fingers and pray that I’ll get out of this match as champion.”

“But didn’t you feel the same way before you initially lost the title to Jim Caedus? Didn’t you believe that you were going to come out of that match as the Television Champion?”

“That’s a whole different scenario, Steve. Jim was a veteran just like Pete, but Jim hadn’t been around the XWF. I didn’t have 20 years of XWF footage to go through and observe, but for Gilmour I’ve seen his big matches from the last few years. I was backstage watching when he beat Scully to become Universal Champion. I saw his effort in the elimination chamber at Wild Card Weekend. I watched Peter fall to Chris Chaos and Jim Caedus. But when I wrestled Caedus, I only saw his match where he eviscerated Benito, and that didn’t key me into Caedus’ ability and strategy.

This is a lot more cut and dry, and Peter doesn’t have the same momentum as Jim did when we matched up.”

“I was also wondering if-“

“And one more thing about the comparison to my match with Caedus. I made a fatal error leading into that match that I regret immensely. I was more focused on my match against the Universal Champion at the time, Chris Chaos, and Gabe Reno. I was looking past my title defense, and I was an idiot for taking the win for granted. That was my downfall, and I paid for it. I’m definitely not making that mistake this time around!

Peter has given me some credit, he doesn’t seem that confident going into the title match tonight. But all he is yapping about is his match the following week against Nathan Lucas and the big battle royale at High Stakes. He’s spending his time worrying about the future; he’s thinking about ways to get back into the hunt for the Universal Championship. He isn’t looking at my title has an opportunity, and he isn’t respecting the prestige that it brings to main event Savage every week. And that’s why I’ll be fighting with purpose and pride because I think the belt means something. He just sees it as another thing to round out his list of accomplishments.

You can go ahead and ask another question, Steve.”

“Yeah, I just wanted to ask about your thoughts on the High Stakes event. It seems like each person is seeking out opponents, and a lot of the match card is set-“

“Well to build on what I was saying before, I’m not looking that far out. I still have tonight to get through. And when I put away Gilmour, I’ll have another challenger to give my undivided attention to. If you’re going to ask me about an upcoming match, at least ask me about the #1 contender’s match tonight, and I might have more thoughts. But High Stakes? That’s weeks away, and that’s why I’m shocked Peter can’t live in the now. If a challenger earns a spot, then I’ll hopefully be defending this piece of gold again, either way, you’ll find me in the battle royale with everyone else.”

“Okay, Thomas, last question, and it is from one of the XWF fans on Twitter!” Steve Sayors reaches into his coat, pulling out a printed note card. “This question is from “XtremeGoddess666”. She askes, “does Nixon really think he can beat the #GodOfXtreme #Savage #TVTitle”.”

Nixon turns from Steve and looks at the camera letting out a sigh.

“This is the prevalent ignorance that pisses me off when I look out at the world, and I’m glad that I’m here fighting against it. My question would be, what does being a god of ‘xtreme’ have to do with winning a straight wrestling match? That’s only half of my problem with the stupid twitter question.

The second problem is that this user is embracing the self titled monikers. Let me tell you something, and this is to any wrestler in the XWF, you can call yourself whatever you want but it doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. Anybody can call themselves the greatest wrestler to grace God’s green Earth, but that doesn’t make it true. So when Gilmour yells out his little nicknames and brags like its an accolade, it doesn’t mean dogshit to me. It’s like when Brandon Moore and I had a little rivalry some months ago. He always said that he was ‘just plain better’, but I walked out of the series as the XWF Television Champion and he is nowhere to be found!

When Gilmour gets in the ring, he isn’t the God of Xtreme. He’s a wrestler with fifteen minutes to get the job done. His little nickname and catch phrase won’t bring the belt home for him, he has to do the work. So, ‘XtremeGoddess666’, I don’t think that I can beat the God of Xtreme. I think I can beat Peter Gilmour.

Thanks, Steve.”

Nixon pats Steve on the shoulder and walks off the set to grab his gym bag.

‘’Those are some strong words from our XWF Television Champion, and we’ll see if he can back those up in the ring during the main event tonight! Make sure to tune into another exciting episode of Savage Saturday Night!”

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
JimCaedus (05-20-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-19-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Thomas Nixon's post!
John Whyte (05-19-2017)