Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-10-2024, 02:05 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Motivation
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

05-18-2017, 11:35 PM

Thomas Nixon, wearing a white shirt and jeans, sits on a leather sofa. The XWF Television Championship rests just to his right, lying parallel to his leg, and his hand rests on the main plate of the belt. As per usual, Nixon’s hair is slicked back, but his blue eyes don’t carry the typical charming, friendly feeling that they usually do. Instead, he seems laser focused on the television screen in front of him.

Large crowds of people are yelling in the night. Some are holding signs, others are covering their faces as they commit acts of arson, theft, and assault. Carnage is unfolding left and right, but this wasn’t a live feed. This was a replay from a Black Lives Matter protest gone wrong months and months ago.

Nixon did his best to mentally process the chaos that unfolded on all the different parts of the screen, but his eyes couldn’t watch so many small interactions at the same time. As the video came to a close and the television returned to a generic news anchor, it became clear that the recording deeply upset Thomas Nixon. His head turned and he finally acknowledged the XWF cameras, with a look that revealed a flame in his eyes.

“This is the stuff that I can’t stand. It just takes one unfortunate incident to set off hundreds of thousands of activists. Then they all go off on their same goddamn tangents. They have their buzzwords that they recite again and again and again, but the only person that cares are the activists and all their friends they are trying to impress.

All of these Black Lives Matter protesters are a big joke. Just because a couple of guys got shot, potentially unfairly, does not mean that our country is a deeply racist society. Just because some guy in his neighborhood watch group was acquitted does not mean that black people are oppressed in the United States of America in the twenty-first century. Just because there aren’t a proportionate amount of black leaders in United States history does not mean that our school system is white washing our country’s history.

Do you want to know what the real injustice is?”

Nixon pauses after asking the rhetorical question. As he began his rant, his voice became slightly raised, and his tone sounds mostly annoyed.

“The real problem is that there are real clear instances of discrimination between the human race and the lizard people, but nobody is talking about it. There isn’t a single damn person on the news talking about it! I’m the only person regularly on TV that talks about this issue; I’m the only one that cares about this issue! And in a hundred years when we look back on 2017, students and teachers will be shocked that this issue wasn’t at the forefront of the national conversation sooner!

When we look at the case of the lizard people, they are undeniably oppressed! They are blatantly excluded from our historical time lines. Many lizard people have been murdered, but it was all covered up by government agencies. And these lizards were killed purely because of their association with other lizards that were trying to find ways to come out to the modern world. Then, when breaking information has been leaked to media sources with evidence, they have refused to cover such stories!

This oppression isn’t a result of a disproportionate amount of people in jail or people pulled over for speeding. This is oppression because people are being targeted for their status as a lizard person, and that is an unquestionable fact.

But what do we see on the news? What social issues are splattered all over your Facebook feeds? What issues are your trendy friends in LA all riled up about? Things like women’s “reproductive rights” or “intrinsic bias”. All of this big commotion based on exaggerations and wise tales, see “institutional racism” as an example.

I don’t have to exaggerate. I’m one of the few human beings that have heard the legendary tales of the lizard people. I’ve heard the stories from the mouths of beings hundreds of years older than me, and they tell me stories of how they watched the human race evolve before their very eyes. The most American people I’ve interacted in my life were lizard people because some have literally watched this country come together since the day the constitution was signed!

But all the contributions that the lizard people made to society have been completely overlooked by our race. Originally, this could be justified by ignorance, but over the last several decades, the government began actively hiding this knowledge from the people.”

Nixon takes in a deep breath regaining his composure, before he continues on with a much more calm tone that he typically takes in his XWF interviews.

“There’s a reason why I wanted to bring that up. I wanted to reiterate my cause and the troubles that plague my kin. I wanted to remind the fans and everyone across the globe that I have motivation to make the most out of the opportunity in front of me. Because at this moment, I am Thomas Nixon, the XWF Television Champion!”

Nixon lifts the belt up, draping it over his right shoulder.

“And with this title comes more than just a shiny gold belt. I have authority, I have a platform to spread my message, and I have the main event slot on prime time television every Saturday night. This championship is an opportunity to showcase my fighting spirit and the social issues that drive me to put up a fight in the wrestling ring. With every defense and every victory, I set myself one step closer to achieve my goal. As I solidify my believers and my fan base, my interviews have only gotten increasingly convincing to outsiders.

I’m making it harder and harder for the news anchors on NBC to write me off as some wacko nutjob. Sooner or later, they’re going to come to the conclusion that I’m stone cold serious and I’m not a delusional schizophrenic that belongs in a ward. Once that day comes, I can lead a crowd that protests for this real issue. Once that day comes, I can demand television time to voice my concern, and I may be able to prove my point with physical evidence without risking the lives of members of my tribe.

All of this came to my mind, and I wanted to make it very clear that this is my heartfelt motivation, the driving force that gets me up in the morning. This was lingering in my head because I found myself asking a rather basic question. What is Peter Gilmour’s motivation?”

Nixon stops and looks away from the camera scratching his chin.

“What is Peter Gilmour’s motivation? I couldn’t possibly imagine. I feel like I have to be missing something because I don’t understand why he wants to wrestle. I don’t see why he wants to be champion. From my vantage point, Peter is setting arbitrary goals for himself, almost like he just needs something to do. “I want to be in the top 5 in the power rankings”, “if I win the Television title then I’ll have held all the belts in the XWF”, “I want to beat Nathan Lucas”, “I want to win the big main event at High Stakes”.

He’s setting all of these goals and laying out these things that he wants to accomplish. But why?

It seems like Peter’s life isn’t that bad. He spends most of his free time with his hot wife. They spent all this time in the beautiful mountains! They are joking around and taking selfies! Peter confides all his self-conscious feelings in her! She gives him powerful, meaningful advice! He always seems to have a wicked smile on his face when he’s with her, and she always seems to be asking him for more and more sex! They even both have the same evil personality, and after five or six or how ever many serious relationships Peter has been in, Peter looks like he might actually be settling down.

So why is he putting his health on the line, when he’s already found happiness? He doesn’t have anything to fight for anymore, but he is going through the motions looking for some reason to fight in the XWF. He even tried to reinvent himself again! But that hasn’t reflected well on his win loss record.

So I’m going to ask the question again. Peter, what is motivating you to get in the ring with me? You are putting yourself in the position where one jumping knee can give you a concussion that sets off a life altering mental illness. You have nothing else to prove, and you’ve shown to every fan of the XWF that you are a shell of your former self. As much as you think you want the XWF Universal Championship, or even my Television Championship, I bet that you fantasize about curling up in bed next to your hot wife and taking it easy. No more aches and pains that linger on. You won’t have to fight through those minor injuries and spend hours a day training and preparing for your match ups.

You’ve already set yourself up as an XWF Hall of Famer. The longer you stick around and tarnish your record with loss after loss, the more you’re hurting your case. Then, people aren’t going to cheer you because you’re some X-Treme God, and they won’t boo you because they hate your guts. They’ll only cheer you because they feel bad about how far you’ve fallen and they’ll boo you because they want you off the goddamn stage.

So, Peter, think long and hard about what your motivation really is before you step inside the ring on Saturday Night. If you rather spend the night at home in your nice LA home settled in with your wife, I won’t blame you. It makes sense. But you know what I stand for, and you know why I’m going to fight till I’m half dead. So if you dare compete with me, dig deep inside yourself and find the passion and drive that you need to take this belt off my shoulder.”

Thomas Nixon pats the hunk of gold on his shoulder and looks at the belt fondly as the scene fades to black.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-19-2017), JimCaedus (05-20-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-19-2017)