Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 04:00 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Good men always get hurt
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

05-13-2017, 12:39 PM

**Jack Cain sits cross legged on a grass verge in Michigan, hours before his battle royal on Savage Saturday Night, but he has other issues on his mind. His trip to his parents' graveside has provoked a lot of questions within him. His match with Cadryn Tiberius plays on his mind, pushing him deeper into the dark places he doesn't want to go. It's early evening, and the sun has just begun to dip behind a nearby hill. People are either heading out to enjoy an evening's entertainment with loved ones, or returning home to spend time with their families.

Not for the first time, Cain feels utterly alone.

A cool breeze begins to blow, reminding him of the cemetery and the people who rest there. Thoughts of pain, regret and sorrow fill his mind as he contemplates again what his family would think of his actions and the man he's become. A couple walk by, clearly in love, and Cain just stares at the floor. He closes his eyes, before he hears footsteps on the concrete path nearby - getting closer. He balls his fists and tenses his ankles, ready to unwrap his legs and strike at his visitor if he needs to, but when he opens his eyes, he couldn't be more surprised.

An elderly man is standing next to him, dressed in casual slacks, sandals and an Argyle sweater over a blue shirt. His silver hair is neatly combed in a side parting, and an immaculately trimmed moustache bristles on his top lip. In one hand is a cane, propping up a leg he favours when he places weight on it**

Mind if I sit with you son?

**Cain would normally wish to be alone, but for now, he could do with the company**

Sure, not like there's reservations here.

**The man slowly lowers himself into place, letting out a groan as his weaker leg takes some of his weight**

Nice spot isn't it? You from outta town?

Yeah. Just in town on business. Lots a nice places in New York, but this is just a quiet place to think.

Lot on your mind?

You could say that. Gotta decision to make that I'd prefer not to. Might mean a good man gets hurt.

Good men always get hurt in some way son. It's a fact of life.

You sound like the voice of experience.

Oh I can't pretend I'm a good man. I've done bad things, but I've tried to live my life the right way, and that's something I'm proud of.

Well I can't even say that - what did you say your name was again?

Parsons. Dale Parsons. Pleased to meet you.

**Parsons extends his hand. Cain shakes it**

Jack Cain.

Why haven't you lived your life the right way Jack?

Shoulda done more for my family I guess, made 'em proud, achieved somethin' with my life. Instead I went off to war like some macho prick, and ended up wadin' through enough shit and blood to fill the Hoover Dam.

Serving your country isn't a waste Jack.

Wasn't so much that. It was learnin' that all the stuff you read about on the news - war crimes, brutal treatment of prisoners, all that black ops stuff that Uncle Sam would prefer you never heard about - I was good at that. Still am. I've made men scream while I was pullin' their fingernails out, I've made women watch while I strangled their husbands, I've made kids beg me to stop when I was beaten their grandparents to death. That's why Dale.

Isn't a real way to answer that than to say you're a piece of shit Jack.

You're tellin' me...

But that isn't the reason you're up here tonight is it? I'm guessing those people weren't good men?

Perceptive ol' bastard ain't ya?

I try.

Well, you're right. Just all that seems to be catchin' up with me lately - makin' me think about what I have to do, is what I should do. See, there's this guy I gotta fight. And there's no way around it. I gotta fight him. And with no rules either, so I can punch, kick, scratch and gouge this guy as much as I want. I can break a damned concrete block over his head if I want to, and it 's all allowed. I can take him up to the roof of a building and throw him down every damned staircase if I want to. But it doesn't mean I should.

Aside from the fact you sound like you're gonna kill him, why not?

Because he doesn't deserve it. Kid's got guts. Had his ass handed to him the other week by some fat nutjob but kept goin' even though his face got smashed to bits. And he's bein' victimised by some big time business bastards who keep him around as a joke. Thing Is, I'd really like to step in and kick their ass, but I gotta fight him instead.

Who says?

Some guy in an office. It pays the bills, so I gotta whack him. Can;t help thinking if I do what I'm capable of against him, I wouldn't forgive myself. Like you said, these other guys? They were scum, and part'a me enjoyed fuckin' them up. But this guy? This guy has a wife - a nice wife, not some slutty bitch or a loony bin motherfucker who wants to blow up a town "for the cause". He's got a dad - a decent guy - like my dad. If I do, what I'm supposed to do, I win, but everyone else loses.

Jack, you have a dilemma, I get that, but what you have to think about is that the only person who can stop that is you. You're the one on which this all rests Jack, and if you can't live with what you're going to do - then don't do it.

I ain't got no choice.

Yes you do Jack. Everyone has a choice. This good man of yours - he made his choice. He chose to have a wife, to be true to his father, to follow the path of the righteous man. He didn't do anything to make you regret what you're about to do - only you have done that. So walk away, don't fight him. If he's a man of good character, give him the chance to do that - Hell, even support him, take on these scumbags who are making his life a misery. The longer you perpetuate this idea of being a monster, the longer you'll always be one Jack.

When I was younger, I met a woman. She was married, but I loved her more than life itself. So I lied, I made her feel sympathy for me, and she fell in love with me and left her husband. In the end, I couldn't live with myself, because she loved me because of a lie. When you accept that inner truth - that the person you really are is the one you should be - then you become a better human being. Now it wasn't without consequences - she was left with no one, so was her husband, and so was I. No one won in the end, and while I felt like a piece of shit, in the end it was better than everyone else living a lie to suit me.

The point is, everyone does things in life that they're not proud of Jack - you sound like you've done more of your share than most people - but the point is, is that you can change what you are.

Just like that?

Just like that. Look, I have to be going now, but I hope you find your peace Jack Cain. You sound like you need it.

**With that, Dale tries to get to his feet. Cain gets up and helps him, and Dale thanks him. He politely declines Jack's offer of a lift to his house, and chooses to walk home

Some time later, Jack leaves the park - and sees an ambulance and emergency vehicles near the ornate gates at it's entrance. He breaks into a brisk walk - he knows what's happened, but he needs to hear it. He grabs an EMT who confirms his fears: Dale was attacked as he walked home. He's being taken to hospital - but it doesn't look good. The police are searching for the people who attacked him, but no one saw anything.

Jack's hands ball up into fists. Once again he feels it, first the anger, then the emptiness, rising in his gut like a powerful cobra uncoiling and ready to strike. He feels reason, sense, and everything Dale spoke to him about disappear as it's replaced by pure rage. He turns to the camera**

Cadryn - I'm sorry pal, but even after everythin' that guy told me, after all the doubt, after all the indecision, I can't change who I am. The people who did this - who still do it every damned day, they made me into this. They made me into what you're gonna face on Wednesday. And Dale ther, he tried to pull me back from the brink. He didn't know me, he doesn;t know what I can do to people, but still he saw the good in me.

And where did it get him? His fuckin' head caved in by a bunch of kids who just wanted some fuckin' pocket change to spend on a score or a shitty blow job. Guy like that dies for some kid.

He wasn't perfect, but he still suffered, even though he'd tried to do things the right way. Y'see, it doesn't matter how good you are. It doesn't matter what you achieve in life, it doesn't matter how much The Kings use you as there personal little amusement arcade. What matters is that I can't stop what I am. I'm going to run over you. I'm going to beat your fuckin' hero ass all over that arena, I'm gonna use every single fuckin' weapon I can lay my hands on to smack the shit out of you. I'm gonna make Natalie cry. I'm gonna make Darren beg me to stop. I'm gonna deprive The Kings of their plaything. Not because it's wrong, not because I'm a bad man - but because it's just what I do.

There isn't any going back. There isn't any changing who I am. I will fuckin' bury you in your good intentions and heroism, and I will make everyone you love feel like I do now - angry, sad, and wanting revenge.

That's how I feel every day, and it's gonna ruin you and everything you stand for.

You might be the oncoming storm, but I'm the fuckin' apocalypse son, and I'm comin' for you.

**The camera fades out as the emergency services lights continue to flash**

[Image: JackCain.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like JackCain's post:
(05-13-2017), Cadryn Tiberius (05-13-2017), Dolly Waters (05-13-2017), Imperial (05-13-2017)