Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 11:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Juxtaposition
Chris Chaos Offline
Corporate Chaos

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-12-2017, 07:56 PM

Juxtaposition
jux·ta·po·si·tion
ˌjəkstəpəˈziSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

The moon looked the same in Detroit as it did in Florida, but somehow, it felt different. It sure was bright, though.

Chris walked through the Brightmoor neighborhood in Detroit, a once upscal community that now sat in ruins and was most known for something in the Midwest known as "one dollar houses". The purpose of this is that owners of the house don't want to deal with the burden of keeping an old abandoned house up and running and are willing to take as little as one dollar just to get it out of their hair.

They range in description from “fire damage sold as is" to “bungalow with three bedrooms, one bathroom, basement and much more”. What they don't tell you is that the "much, much more" is actually a gateway to the bowels of hell, for the most part.

Chris chose a property that looked particularly hellish, the type of place that the old Doctor D'Ville would have fancied, and walked through the falling apart gate and up towards the old "house", if you could even call it that anymore.

These were the type of places that Doctor Satan would love. Hell, Soldier still probably would---it is perfect for meth---but the new Doctor lives the good life now and would most likely prefer a yacht over one of these dwellings.

What a cruel juxtaposition. A man who was once the reaper of souls is now the reaper of shrimp cocktail.

Chris scrolled through his phone. He had never been to Detroit before. Why would he? He was a Florida boy, and that state had enough shit holes of their own. He had heard something about what the city calls "One Dollar Houses" and decided to do a google search. This is what he found:

At least 90 properties have been boarded up, and are for sale for under $1,000. Part of the problem is that foreclosures have soared in Detroit.

One man’s trash, however, is another’s investment opportunity, and interest in Detroit’s rock bottom real estate prices appears to have come to the attention of Chinese customers, who have begun buying up the city’s discarded stock.

Discarded stock. How viciously ironic that that is exactly the same thing that the "Good Doctor" did to his long time tag partner. Sure, he can talk to him in a dream and tug at our heart strings, but he threw him away like one of the owners of these properties......

Is Soldier's life worth only a mere Dollar?

Some would say so.

Apparently Doc thinks so.

Chris crunched his way up to the front step. There was debris strewn everywhere. Tires, from cars long since gone, were in the front yard. The wood was chipped, the aluminum siding had been stripped off and used for scrap metal. The windows in the front of the house were all broken.

Getting back on Google, he went to the Wikipedia Page containing this information. He found some interesting things.

Developer Burt Eddy Taylor bought 160 acres of land, located one mile away from Detroit's city limits at the time, in 1921. Taylor created Brightmoor as a planned community of inexpensive housing for migrants from the Southern United States in the early 1920s. The subdivision opened in 1922. B.E. Taylor recruited workers from Appalachia with the lure of employment at one of Detroit's expanding automobile manufacturing plants. An additional 2,913 acres was added to the community between 1923 and 1924. Most of the residents worked in the automobile industry. Many have described Brightmoor a neighborhood where families could own a house and live in modest comfort. The City of Detroit annexed Brightmoor in 1926. The houses were intended as low cost mass-produced single-family housing. At the time of the community's opening, many residents lived in temporary shantytowns awaiting for the completion of their permanent houses.

Those "permenant houses" never came. Just like Doc's permenant reign of terror.

Just an afterthought.

He kept scrolling:

In a 40-year period until 2011, the number of residents in Brightmoor decreased. Crime appearing in the 1990s and 2000s caused additional residents to leave. In 2011 Suzette Hackney and Kristi Tanner of the Detroit Free Press said that the area, "over decades, transformed from a thriving working-class neighborhood to one of abandoned homes and businesses, and now one that is hoping to come back, mostly through private-sector efforts." In 2009 John Carlisle of the Metro Times said "Ghetto stereotypes thrive here — broad-daylight drug dealing, pre-teen pregnancies, long-gone or never-known fathers, and houses falling apart or giving way to vacant lots."

Just like Doc. Once thriving and prosperous but now just a mere shell of its former self. All because one thing came in, settled down and took over....

CHAOS

[Image: gvh8t4x.jpg]

"So that is how low you've stooped? Paling around the Cadryn Tiberius? I mean, Doc, how much further are you going to fall? First the kings, now a rejected loser like him? I really am beginning to think that this is impostor Doc, because the man I looked up to when I got here would NEVER associate with some half-wit like Cadryn Tiberius. To say I am shocked would be an understatement.

I've already spilled my heart out, there is no more to say on that matter. What I have to say now is in regards to your response, something I also felt a little cheated by. You've lost your touch old man, and it's a damn shame. And it looks like I am going to have to be the one to take the old horse behind the barn and shoot it. You claim "there will still be a Doctor after Chaos". You say that, but do you believe it? I don't believe that you do. I don't believe you truly feel you can be great again without the Kings in your corner. I don't believe that the Doctor is confident enough to conquer the chaos himself. I mean look at his two promos. A cheesy dream sequence where he is talking to Soldier and a road trip with the biggest tool on the roster now that Gabe is gone. Don't you see what the Kings have done to you? Your not scary anymore, Doc. You're corny. You're like watching the original Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street movies today. You come in expecting to be scared but halfway in you're like, "what the fuck? This is predictable and stupid." You haven't adapted to the times and you've been trying to rely on your name to get you by. But your name is slowly becoming less and less in value."

He steps up onto the property of one of the "One Dollar Houses".

"Like this decrepit city, you're falling apart. One of these houses can be purchased, let's say, for $5000. But it is still assessed as $60,000. So the taxes are rendered as such. It is the same with you. Your final product isn't what it used to be, but management is still looking at you like a top dog when really you're somewhere in the middle. It is false advertising with you, Doc. The praise I sung to you in my previous promo, I really did feel that. I really do feel like beating you THEN has helped me NOW. Oh what a cruel juxtaposition that ME beating YOU now will help YOU. You losing to the best on this roster will do nothing but help you if indeed you do want to stay in the picture after this."

He walks up onto the front porch. The steps felt like they were about to collapse underneath him. The paint chipped door and the peeled off siding sat in front of him ominously. They were almost begging him to come inside. Taunting him. Putting a hand on the doorknob, it fell off. The door creaked open, slightly.

The inside was a vast waste land. The pipes had all been stripped. The paint was chipped all off the walls and there was literally nothing inside. Literally. Even the cement had chips in it. This looked like it could be a drug house---there were remnants of pipes on the floor as well as old used needles and condoms.

Doc....the way I used to feel about you is how the new talent feels about me. You pointed out your record, as I did, but you made one fatal flaw: omission. You see, you HAVE had nearly fifty matches, that is correct and one hell of a workload. But how far apart have those matches come?

The XWF's Resident Senior Citizen Said:"That's nearing fifty matches and only ten did I walk away not the victor. Nine where I actually lost."

"Those "wins" scale back over three years. I am 30-9-2 if you want to count matches where I wasn't pinned also. You are 38-9-1. Doc, I have SEVEN less matches than you, and I have been here less than one year. They say pick your battles right? But jesus. Doc, when I first got here I saw your record, which was oddly similar to what it is now because you never fight, and it looked damn near impossible to climb that mountain. But here I am a full pregnancy later, 9 whole months, and I am seven matches behind you. I have put myself out there and showed my face on damn near every show this company has put out. How do you think I became the face of this place? Exposure, and success of course. Many of the new guys who come in, they know who I am by default. I can't tell you how many new roster members hard about this match and said "who is Doctor D'Ville?" I have ascended to glory on your back, Doc. When I first got here I saw you like the new guys see me. You had an aura around you that could be seen for miles. Now, it's more like a dust storm. The moths have begun to take residence. Your "illustrious" career is coming to a close, no matter much you want to resist. By this time next year Doctor not only will I damn near own this company but I'll be well over 100 matches, probably approaching 2. At this rate, it will take you until 2023 to get to 100. But this works out for you, doesn't it? It falls right into plan. The Kings will provide the shelter that you need as your body begins to fail you. They give you a place to hide.

Oh what a cruel juxtaposition.

XWF's Resident Senior Citizen Said:maybe I didn't want the first one as bad as Chris did. Maybe. Did I need it as much as he did? Certainly not. Do I need this one? Mmm. No. I'll still be Doc when it's all said and done. I'll still be the step ladder.

"You're right, Doc. You didn't want it as bad. You didn't need it as bad. And you don't want this one as bad, either. Sometimes when someone is in a place too long they become complaisant. They stop caring. You've spent the better part of three years with people kissing your ass and telling you how great you are. Then the new kid beat you. Since then, Doc, who has been talking about "The Good Doctor"? You will still be the step ladder, you're right, and young talent will come in and step OVER you to get to ME. You will be the ladder, and I will be the ceiling. No more having to beat someone to get to you. Someone has to beat you to get to someone else. I am like the game winning boss the world's hardest video game, and you're only part of the last level. That is the reality you now live in, Doc.

The XWF's Resident Senior Citizen Said:"He doesn't consider himself as LUCKY even though he's said in the past he only survived against me.

You're dead on again, Doc. Glad to see you're putting that pysch degree to good use. I did SURVIVE. But that is all I had to do. I needed to do what only 8 other men have been able to do. The point is, I did it. You're damn right I consider myself lucky. Because beating you then was an accomplishment.......beating you now.....it's just abuse. You're not the same person anymore. You've sold out, you've begun to deteriorate in the ring, you're not scary anymore, and you're promos are flat put boring. You just don't have it anymore. I got LUCKY in October, I am going to meet EXPECTATIONS here in may. Doc, back then YOU EXPECTED to beat ME, but I shocked the world. Now I EXPECT to beat YOU, and a win here by the Doctor would shock the world.

Oh what a cruel juxtaposition.

I am the new Doctor D'Ville. AX3 is the new Doctor Satan. You're back to square one. Just like the city of Detroit. Think about how prosperous this city used to be. Think about how nice all this rubble once was? In my lifetime, I've never known it as being nice. Maybe in your lifetime, but then again you got to see the Treaty of Versilles signed. Kinda jelly, honestly. But on a real note Doc, there isn't much more to say. You know where I stand and I know where you stand. You know WHO I AM as well, don't ya Doc.

XWF's Resident Senior Citizen Said:" People give the old double take when I talk about a match I didn't succeed in. It' not something I brag about, it just happens. Chris is only ONE of those."

Maybe true, but Doc I am your LAST loss. Think about that. Your last singles loss.....in OCTOBER. But that is all anyone remembers. You claim you don't brag about it. Good, I don't blame you. But facts are facts jack. It is in the record books. My first win over you was most certainly NOT a fluke.

The funny thing here, the thing that makes me giggle like a sugar-rushing school girl, is that a FLUKE win would be from you. Like I said, I respected you and I thank you for launching my career the way you did but the truth is, MY time is NOW. YOUR time is OVER. Out of the respect I once had, I will allow you to continue to stay on the roster instead of taking you out of action like everyone else but Doc......cross me again.......and I will crush you like the slimy little roach that you have turned into. You bring no value anymore. The Kings have you because of your name. You're like Nike, Doc. You have a big name label, but when someone buys in they come to find out that it was much less than they had bargained for and often leave disappointed. Your stock is dropping, mine is rising. You're fading, I'm becoming more vibrant. Call it egotistical, I call it being honest.

Doc, you want to tango with the best dancer at the club, be my guest, but if you can't keep up don't come crying back. I'm better now than I have ever been and more focused now than I have ever been. I want this more than I have ever wanted this. This company needs me to thrive. They need me to succeed. They need me to be champion.........They need me to bury you. To bury your legacy. To bury your name from the history books. They NEED chaos.

.......All the XWF needs from you Doc, is for you to die already. "

He kicks the wall of the house and it all comes crumbling down. A symbol of the career of a man that was once sturdy but is now just shattered remains.

Oh what a cruel, cruel juxtaposition.

[Image: wGe36h7.jpg]
XWF RECORD: 30-9-2
XWF Universal Champion: 1x
XWF Trios Champion 1x (Current)
[Image: h6acaKX.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Chris Chaos's post:
(05-13-2017), Doctor Louis D'Ville (05-12-2017), JimCaedus (05-14-2017), Theo Pryce (05-13-2017)