Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Highest Stakes - Part2
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-10-2017, 02:35 PM Heart  The Highest Stakes - Part2 -->

In Vincent Lane's office, we see the XWF CEO inworkout clothes. Bright pink hotpants, fuzzy pink wrist and head bands, and a pink mesh muscle shirt. Though he is wearing earbuds, the unmistakable wail of Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock" leaks out into the air of the room, which Vinnie mouths along with.

A sheen of sweat on his brow, Lane hops off of the floor after pumping up his vintage Reeboks. He grabs hold of a metal workout bar newly installed in the corner, directly facing the open office of one Theo Pryce, his unfortunate partner in XWF business, currently.

Vincent grabs the bar and exhales loudly through pursed lips, then pulls himself up, stopping for a moment at his chin but then pressing his sternum up to th bar as well before slowly coming back down.

"One..."

During nhis last set, Theo had sat and watched, swirling the scotch in his crystal tumbler every so often as a mocking workout of his own. After about forty reps, however, Pryce had gotten bored, checked his Rolex, and left the area.

"Two..."

The situation was a conundrum. The Kings having squirmed their way into the XWF board was sinister, it had to be. Nothing involving the Kings was ever as clean as it appeared on the surface. But Theo was right, they hadn't done anything harmful to the company at all. At least not yet.

"Three..."

Ratings were up. Talent relations were up. The roster was growing. Revenue streams were higher than ever. Granted, a lot of that was due to the things Vincent himself was doing behind the scenes, and due to the tireless work of the General Manager team, but the Kings could argue that their presence was a help, not a hindrance.

"Four..."

A single bead of sweat rolled down from beneath the golden pony on the back of Vincent's head. It traced a line through his spray tan and rolled down the surgical scar running vertically across his cervical spine.

"Five..."

The fact of the matter, though, was simple. Shane entrusted the XWF to Vincent Lane. Shane had given Vincent the opportunity to be where he was today. Shane , although he may have sold off his ownership stake, was still Vincent's boss, at least in his mind. And Shane wanted nothing to do with Theo Pryce.

"Six..."

But what to do? Who could Vincent turn to? Doc D'Ville was usually good for a favor, at a steep price, but it was clear where his loyalties had shifted to. The strongest talent were busy squabbling among themselves, either in the form of Dolly Waters dealing with Micheal Graves' unfortunate new proclivities or protecting herself from her own ostensible tag partner, Thaddeus Duke. Not that Duke would ever double cross his own uncle anyway.

"Seven..."

AX3 had an ever-shifting nightmare of a member list, and were riding high on the hog with half the titles in the XWF. They were already facing the Kings down in a feud, but as far as who owned the company? They couldn't care less. Their party would go on no matter what. So who?

"Eight..."

Peter Gilmour? Ha. The thought of it brought an audible belch of laughter from Vincent as he dragged his muscular frame up to the pull up bar once again. He'd tried that before, and it cost him. Never again.

"Nine..."

There was no other option but the one he had already set in motion. It was dangerous. Insane. Completely unpredictable. Vincent was handing over any semblance of control over the situation by making the calls he had made. But it was too late now. He had made the bed, and would lie in it or die in it if need be.

Behind Vincent, as he pulled himself up yet again, his office door opened and his beautiful fiance and assistant, Roxy Cotton, entered the office holding a clipboard. Vincent saw her out of the corner of his eye.

"Aaaaand one hundred."

He dropped to the carpeted floor and grabbed a towel and water bottle from his scarred desktop. He ran the towel across his glistening forehead and then unscrewed the bottle top.

"Hey babe. Just getting in a little workout, you know. What's going on?"

Roxy couldn't help but let a small smile spread across her lips as she looked her man up and down, his lithe frame gleaming in a fresh glimmer of sweat that helped make every bulge of firm muscle more pronounced.

"You look almost good enough to be in ring shape, Vinnie."

She was flirting, but for a second Vincent's heart stopped in his chest. Did she know? How could she?

"Haha, yeah, you know me. Always ready for that nostalgia run. Admit it, you think I'm hotter with gold around my waist."

Roxy approached him then, a playful scowl replacing her smile. She curled her body around his and hcould feel the heat of her through the tight material of her purple minidress. The hotpants began to stretch.

"What I'll admit is that I'm happy you're safe from injuring yourself behind this desk, Vinnie. And the only gold you need on your body is my skin."

She arched her face up to his and kissed him, her eyelashes fluttering against his cheek and raising gooseflesh across his neck and shoulders.

"Tame that lion in your pants, Loverboy... you have a visitor. A Mister Jean Save? He said you were expecting him?"

The humor was gone from Lane's face. He took a deep sip from his bottle of water.

"I am."

"Why is he wearing a mask?"

"He's very secretive. He can't be seen by anyone in this building. It... it isn't the right time."

Roxy gave him a perplexed look, then headed back to the door and made a beckoning motion into the hallway. A moment later a man in a black suit and, yes, a full black mask, entered the office. He seemed to look around for a moment almost wistfully, before walking towards Lane and holding out his hand.

"Mister Lane."

"Mister Save. Good to meet you face to, uh, face... as it is."

The masked man laughed. He then cleared his throat and took a step towards the place where a wall once stood between Lane and Pryce's offices.

"Damn shame what he did here. I hate to see historic landmarks get torn down."

"Well, it's just a wall... the building still stands, though it's different every day. Not all of it, though. The X-Treme Hallway is exactly as it has been for years, for instance. I could give you a tour if you're interested?"

"No, no, that's all right. I've got a tight schedule today and I'm sure you do as well. Let's get to business."

The man in black said it with an air of insistence, then sat in the large leather chair behind Vincent's desk.

"That's, uh... that's actually my chair."

Mr. Jean Save tapped his fingers on the desk and then held his hands up.

"Yes, of course. My mistake."

He got out of the chair and walked around the desk, taking a seat in the hard wooden chair on the opposite side as Vincent walked to his chair and sat.

"Look dude... we don't really know each other. I've heard of the work you can do and I know of projects you've undertaken in the past. You've probably seen my name when you've looked into the business."

"No, not really."

Vincent blinked but did his best to hide the wound to his ego that had just been inflicted.

"Nevertheless. We are mostly strangers to one another. But I've told you what I'm dealing with here. The seriousness of this situation. I wouldn't have called you unless it was one hundred percent necessary to do so."

Save nodded, then steepled his fingers and waited in silence for Vincent to continue. Lane took another swig from his water bottle, the nerves making his throat dry quickly.

"So. You've talked to Johnny?"

Another long moment goes by before the man in black chooses to answer. Vincent looks anxious and impatient.

"I have. He's prepared."

Vincent's posture relaxes, his face lets go of its tension in a demonstration of relief.

"Oh good. Good good good. You two will be able to handle yourselvs in the ring against the Kings, I've no doubt of it."

"Of course we will. But I need to know a couple of things here, Vincent. Fist of all, what about ? Does Shane know about this?"

Vincent nodded while swallowing another gulp from his bottle.

"Oh yeah, definitely. He gave me the green light on everything."

It was mostly true. Shane had told him to do hat he needed to do, after all, but Vincent hadn't told him exactly what that was.

"He's behind it, one hundred percent. Yup."

The man in black stared in response. Another heavy moment passed while Vincent kept nodding his head, either to convince himself or his guest that everything was fine.

"Good. And... just who is our partner going to be? You said this was a three on three? It isn't Gilmour is it?"

Vincent nearly spit his water out.

"No! God no. I wouldn't do that to anyone, trust me. You've got the best partner you can have. You've got me."

Another silence. The two men looked directly at one another, neither of them moving a muscle. Then, suddenly, the man in black rose from his chair and held his hand out once more.

"Good. We're in business."

Vincent stood and clasped the gloved hand in his own, shaking it vigorously.

"You won't be sorry. I'll get you what you asked for, and the XWF will forever be in your debt."

"Oh, it already is, Mister Lane. Deeply. High Stakes it is, then."

"Yes. High Stakes. I'll call Heyman right away and get it booked. Th Kings might try and fight it, but the one thing Pryce can't do is overrule my personal booking decisions."

"Good. I'll be in touch."

And with that, the man in black leaves the way he came. Vincent Lane sits at his desk and ponders the gravity of the things he has set in motion. Then, he presses the intercom on his desk phone and clears his throat.

"Yes, Vinnie?"

The bubbly voice comes through his speaker, and he smiles in spite of himself.

"Get me Heyman. This is a big one."

........................to be continued.
Edit
[-] The following 8 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(05-10-2017), (05-10-2017), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-18-2017), Dolly Waters (05-10-2017), JackCain (05-10-2017), Mezian (05-10-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-10-2017), Theo Pryce (05-11-2017)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-10-2017, 04:29 PM

That really is huge, Vincent. It makes me proud to watch you do what I do better than anyone else.