Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 04:01 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Time (Part 1)
Frost

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-14-2013, 10:53 AM

The scene fades is showing a field. The field is mostly covered by decaying brown weeds and dormant yellow grass, trees barren of leaves, and the occasional patches of damp, muddy earth. The sky is obscured by slow-moving clouds the color of lead and steel wool, and a stiff breeze tosses the occasional brown leaf across the screen.

Into this less than cheery scene walks the tall, graceful form of Frost. Clothed in black and steel, the woman stands in profile to the camera with her hands at her sides. With long, slow strides, Frost stalks across the field toward a large, smooth boulder.

Once Frost gets to the rock, she climbs it and stands tall, her arms crossed over her ample chest. Her vivid aqua eyes are narrowed as she surveys the landscape, and one can almost see the thoughts churning in this woman's head.

"No matter how hard ones tries," Frost says at length, her voice an alluring thing of liquid silk, "one cannot stop or even slow the passage of time. Lovers enjoying a quiet embrace may wish for their solitude to 'last forever', but the world still turns, time marches on, and life itself pulls them apart and flings them back into society.

"Just as winter is finally releasing all of America from its grip and giving way to spring, and just as day must inevitably give way to night, times slows for no person. It cannot be saved and spent later, and time will outlast everything; even the stars in the night sky must pass away.

Frost glances back at the camera and sniffs in amusement. "In the same manner, time brings closer my return to a ring. It's been a while, but once again the Snow Demon will prowl the squared circle. Once again I will be the stone cast into the pond, and the ripples caused by my presence will eventually spread outward to affect and engulf all of the XWF.

"However,"
Frost purrs, "that's the future. Allow me to concentrate on the present. In my debut, I'm tasked with going into a ring and taking on two men who are unknowns just like me. My first opponent is Zayne Vyper; that's V-Y-P-E-R. Yeah, because people over fourteen years old think that intentionally misspelling words is cool. My second opponent is Salman Van Dam, and he may or may not be a kickboxing fish. Just like me, they're unknowns with their entire XWF future ahead of them."

Frost looks away from the camera, and her hands drop back to her sides. "Gentlemen, even though none of us can slow or halt the march of time, I want the both of you to hold on to every second before our match. I want you both to enjoy the quiet, subtle thrill of knowing that you're still the potential future of the XWF. Enjoy it now because once Wednesday Warfare commences, the both of you will be broken men and disappointments in the eyes of the fans.

"As time goes on and I stack win on top of win, wrestling historians will eventually look back at this match to see where the cold fury of my dominance began. Those historians will see the both of you and see nothing more than stepping stones, answers to a trivia question and barely even footnotes in this promotion's past."

A smirk forms on Frost's full lips, and her eyes glint with visions of malice and carnage. "Salman and Vyper, in this match, there can be only one winner. I don't care which one of you I pin, and I don't care what the two of you do to each other. My only concern, my only goal, is to be the one standing over two shattered hulks of my opponents and have my hands raised in victory. It will happen; it's just a matter of time."

With easy grace and a jingle of the metal trimming her outfit, Frost hops down from the boulder. She glances back and places a hand on it, and her eyes take on a contemplative cast. "You see, I'm glad that Salman and Vyper are wasting their time bantering back and forth and boring the XWF with some weak, meaningless copycat show. I'm glad that they're spending their energies on each other and taking me for granted. I'm glad because whether I go into that ring and explode on them like a meteor or I wear them down like the forces of nature have worn down this rock, the outcome will be the same. I will finish them one way or another, I will soak in the glory of the moment, and then I will look into the future and destroy whoever time brings me next."

With that, Frost gives the camera once last glance and walks out of the shot. The scene fades to black.
Edit