Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 11:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Lost opportunities
Mezian Offline
Does Fate Whispers Your Name?

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-09-2017, 01:03 PM

There comes a time in everyone's life where they are given an opportunity that changes everything.This time the powers that be decided to give me such an opportunity. Saturday I get to face our newly crowned television champion.Mr.Thomas Nixon a perennial champion and well-known superstar.I don't take anyone lightly and I put my all into what I do. That being said I don't take failure well either.I 've had my chance for greatness before years ago, and I blew it.

Mezain is in his trophy room in his basement. He stares at the HammerHouse Fighting Championship Welterweight and Lightweight belts he has in his cabinet.The opportunity that was lost....But not the way you would think.

Patrick Coldwell had an above average MMA career. Of the thirteen fights he had before his titles, he went 9-4.Many believed that he would just be a mid carder for the rest of the career in HFC.But He had a different idea he believed that if given the chance he could fight with the best of them.He began to train harder and harder.one afternoon he gets a call from Wes Simms. Wes was his coach, mentor, and his promoter.Wes also was a formerUFC champion. Well, Wes had called him to ask a few questions.

Hey man, It's Wes you gotta minute?We need to have a talk about the next show.

Of course I do Wes, What do you need?

Well man Josh Abrams can't fight in his next fight due to mono.It's a title shot for the lightweight belt.Do you think you could sub in for him?It's in a month?

Wes you know that isn't my weight class. I have to lose at least 15lbs to be able to do that.How am I suppose to lose that weight in a month?I'd almost have to starve.

Well I didn't ask how you would do it I asked if you would do it? Well, can you or not? If not ill go ask Phil if he can do it.

Phil was Pats best friend.He felt like Phil could use the chance to fight after his last loss, but pat really wanted this opportunity.he paused for a moment and said the words that would change everything for him.

Yeah, Wes ill do it. When is it and where.

It's in Lancaster Ohio August 14th you'll be the main event. If you win its 500 dollars, a loss is 150.

Okay ill start cutting the weight.

The next month would be one of the most arduous times in Patrick's life. He had been cutting the weight but at the cost of hs normal training schedule.He had cut down from 170 to 155 in three weeks. I only ate egg whites and protein powder with fruits here and there.He drank a gallon of water a day. The time finally came to weigh in before the fight. He had not eaten anything the night before and only drank water on the two and a half hour drive northeast of Cincinnati. 154.5 was his official weight for the fight.He celebrated by going to the closest burger king and eating three whoppers.

Later that day he waited to be announced for the fight. the show was at a motorcycle rally. most of the shows he did for the company were at rallies, county fairs, smoke filled dive bars or half empty school gyms. So the idea of fighting in front of half drunk or uninterested crowds didn't effect him at all."Not Falling" by Mudvayne echoes through the speakers and the crowd erupts.He had never had this reaction the energy amped him up.He walked down to the ring and faced down his opponent.The man standing across him was a man named James Wells.He had not lost since his debut.James was almost a foot shorter than Pat and had a 17 inch shorter reach. But this did not guarantee his win.

Or did it? The fight began and Patrick had begun to pick James apart from a distance with jabs and kicks. No matter what James did he couldn't get a solid hold on Patrick and the strikes he threw didn't seem to phase Patrick.The moment came and the shot attempt by James missed, giving Patrick his back and there is where it all ended.2:23 into the first round, Patrick won by rear naked choke.The crowd erupted once again cheering for the new champion.At that moment he knew that he had done something of relevance.

A few months had passed and he had collected a few more wins and another title now in his welterweight division.He received a call from Wes telling him he had to defend the championships.The company had purchased a smaller fighting company and they were doing a unification match for the divisions.Patrick agreed to the fight. The fights were scheduled for December 31st of that year.He had to months to prepare.

On the morning of the fight, Patrick and his girlfriend began the drive up to Columbus where the fight was being held.The drive to Columbus was long and boring for the most part.The car slowed down due to traffic a few exits away from
the off-ramp to downtown. While sitting there Patrick heard the screech of tires and crunch of metal.The car behind them couldn't stop in time.It hit the back of their car at full speed crashing their back end and slamming them into the car in front of them.Patrick went unconscious from the impact.

The next day Patrick woke up in a hospital in Columbus.Wes, his girlfriend, and the doctor stood over him.

Why am I in a hospital? why can't I move my leg?

You were in a car accident, you broke your leg and shattered your hip bone, and fractured to vertebrae in your spine. as well as having multiple abrasions and contusions.

Does this mean I lose the titles.

No man it just means we are gonna go with the other champions we have. The merger went well and we found people to fight in the matches last week.Mark Coleman and I decided you can keep the belts you have.You fought hard to get them and we're not gonna take them from you now.Rest up you have a long recovery ahead of you.

When do I get to fight?

Probably not for a long time. the damage you have sustained will take a long time to heal and the rehab will take a while..........

You see Thomas I have held championships. I have been in the main event.I have also felt what I'd like to have it all taken away from you. I may still have these belts but none of that matters if they don't mean something.The belt you have means something. It may not mean something to some people here, but it's not the title that makes the superstar it's the superstar that makes the title.So Saturday when you and I face off in the ring, only one of us can walk out with the Television Championship.This time there is no car accident to deny my chance, no rehab to slow my progress, and I will not take a consultation prize this time. Either I walk out with the belt or I die trying.This is not a game to me. I will not stop until I have that championship, you have been warned.

Run while you can....YOUR END IS NYE!!!!

[Image: lXVtJMr.jpg]

• W/L/D
  • 23/15/0

• 3xHeavyp Metalweighti Championn
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mezian's post:
JackCain (05-09-2017), Thomas Nixon (05-09-2017)