Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 09:16 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Announcements & Important Info
The XWF Tag Team Division
Gaybe Lincoln Offline
XWF Intern

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-01-2017, 09:04 AM

Hello Everyone!

I have been brought into the fold by Vincent Lane to help establish a tag team division in the XWF. My character is going to be an XWF Intern trying to obtain a job with the company but he can only do so with your help.

If we as a community are able to establish a tried and true tag team division then Gaybe will be hired on full time by the XWF IC. OOC it means I will get to stay around for as long as the tag team division exists.

Neither the character nor I are part of the XWF Management team. I have simply been tasked with helping out a specific aspect of the fed.

So to that end I would like to mention a few things and then solicit opinions.

First and foremost the tag team titles, as well as the trios titles are defended under the freebird rules.

What are freebird rules you ask?

Quote:"The Freebird Rule" – which allowed any two of the three members of the team to defend the title on any given night.

That is how the Freebird Rules worked in real wrestling. Here in the XWF we are going to extend that out to be any members of an established trio/stable can defend the tag team and trios titles.

An example would be The Kings and AX3. Any two members of those stables can defend the tag team titles, and any 3 members can defend the trios titles. It does not need to be the members involved in whatever match won the titles for those groups.

For instance, Doctor D'Ville was the original tag team champion, he successfully defended those titles with John Samuels. However the next time The Kings defend the titles, neither have to be involved. They can be but they do not have to be.

Now that I've explained the how, allow me to explain the why.

Why are we allowing the freebird rules? It's pretty simple actually. We want to increase the frequency of tag team title defenses and by allowing for this rule to be in effect it should make it easier for teams to defend their titles.

At minimum the tag team titles are to be defended monthly. It would be great if we could do the same with the trios but right now that is a project for a later date.

Something else the fed recently allowed was for a person to sign up a tag team account. What that means is that if I wanted to create a tag team, say the New Age Outlaws. I could create one account as well as one roster page for the tag team.

This will save you the trouble of having to create a separate account or roster page for each member of said team.

A current example of this would be The Revival.

Seen here.

One roster page. One account.

Now if your next question is, "What are the roleplay rules for a solo account tag team?"

And the response would be "In these scenarios the tag team would be have to follow the same roleplay rules as everyone else except that it's doubled.

By that I mean, if this solo account tag team is booked for a match on Warfare, then instead of being able to post a max of 2 roleplays per day they can post 4. Just like their opponents could do.

Keep in mind that for Warfare the anti flood rules do still apply.

If the team was booked on Savage then the tag team could post a max of 6 roleplays for the week instead of three.

Make sense?

Mr. Lane has also informed me that he will also work on creating a special "tag team" ribbon that will appear on a persons account. Much like the gray ribbon that shows up when you click on a GM's profile. This would happen for both solo team accounts as well as solo wrestlers who team up.

Now that you know all the background information I would like to solicit some ideas from you the community on how we can really get a tag team division going?

From what Mr. Lane told me he and the other GM's are not in favor of randomly pairing people together for tag team matches.

They would rather the teams be formed organically via alliances or match stipulations that you all come up with.

Mr. Lane has seen in the past several examples where randomly paired teams usually do not work out well short or long term so we would rather avoid that all together.

What can the fed do to help make the tag team division a reality?

What would you like to see?

What would make you more willing to team up with someone to go after the tag team titles?

We are open to any and all ideas.

Thank you.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

05-01-2017, 02:35 PM

The Kings are going to be defending the titles at the upcoming Pay Per View which is like a month away.

It would be great if the fed could get some kind of tag team tournament, or at minimum some kind of tag team match set up to determine a number one contender for them to face.

Regarding your reaching out for suggestions, I think if management can think of a way to incentivize people to go after the tag team titles that would help. Maybe Xbux? I think you guys have made great strides with the tag team accounts option. I honestly don't know what else to suggest beyond that.

What I can do is share some personal experience and that is that I have always been a big fan of tag team work. I like working in a team I find that it allows for a better experience. And I think if you were to poll people who have worked in teams most of them would tell you the same thing.

I think if there is anyone out there who would like to enter the tag team scene but is hesitant I'd say give it a chance.

If there is someone you'd like to work send them a PM and work something out.

There are a lot of great characters in this fed and I'd love to see what some of them can do when working together.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
DZirado Offline
Southern Charm and Superior Strength

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

05-01-2017, 10:40 PM

With a good partner, teaming is a blast.

With a bad partner, it's a stressful nightmare.

I'd say to anyone who has been paired with a bad partner, give it another shot with someone that you trust to put in the effort. It's really fun to work together on a rp with someone else. My favorite work has came from tag teams.
Hate Post Like Post
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

05-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Good idea and I agree with DZirado, tag teaming is good...when you have the right partner. I had a blast during the Lethal Lotto because I was lucky enough to get drew with great partners throughout.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
Cadryn Tiberius Offline
The Essence Of Excellence

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-02-2017, 12:24 AM

As Darren said, it can be hectic if your partner doesn't show.

But it can be a blast co-writing with someone.

I spent the majority of my first few months here in the XWF doing a lot of team work with Darren, Graves, etc.

Lethal Lottery was a blast as well.

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to work with Dolly Waters, and Scully.

Both are great roleplayers, and made it a lot of fun for a new guy like me.

I'm willing to team with most people, so long as you show up. :D

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

(Updated and Reset: 3/31/23)
Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

Cadryn's Butthole (Backstage Page)

Honorary King™ For The Day!
06-08-17

October 2017 Star Of The Month
May 2017 Star Of The Month
2017 Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
1x XWF Tag Team Champion (Pintner: Michael Graves)
2x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF Television Champion
2x XWF Federweight Champion
5x XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-]
[-]
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-02-2017, 12:43 AM

I'm very open to tag matches as well. However I am looking for a character that matches the style and design of Danny.

I do think the Trios title is a little pointless at this point and think it needs to be shelved. Focusing on the the tag titles and developing it will make it far more prestigious.

I'm not so sure how I feel about the free bird rule with the stable sizes that we have. Makes it feel like a simple registration form is all someone needs to become a champion. I think freebird rules work much better for three-man tags like The New Day. Whereas a stable like, say the Bullet Club, need the titles fixed to people like The Young Bucks.

If we're trying to build the prestige of a title, we need to reduce the number of people who are holding it at any one point, the difficulty to claim the title and the difficulty to challenge for the title.

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperial's post:
Jane Carver (05-02-2017), Super Mario (05-02-2017)
Jane Carver Offline
XWF HR Director

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-02-2017, 05:57 AM

So- obviously a tag team division is important here especially if/when we decide to unify the Trios/Tag belts, they will become more prestigious and offer more perks.

Issue now is we really have only 2 active teams, both of which are stables

The Kings- Doc, Theo, Sammy, Madison
Ax3- Caedus, Graves, Chaos, Jenny, Main, (Trax?)

Inactive teams in:
Revolution Prime- Dolly and Duke
McBride and Gilly
The Revival (should be back around June)

I think now is as good a time as any to consider working with someone to form a tag team.

Thomas Nixon, Danny and Cadryn are guys right off the bat that jump at me as people I would personally want to work with if I were seeking a tag team.

As a GM I can work in angles into the shows that help people build up teams, and even if you're not constantly tagging together. Is anyone here interested in forming a new team?

[Image: tumblr_nsgtr3wmvL1uvy0y9o2_400.gif]

Jane
The XWF's Prodigal Benefactor

[Image: n8L4GMq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-02-2017, 06:05 AM

I think it's important to mention that the ideas Gaybe above mentioned are in no way meant to REPLACE the concept of two different handlers working together.

Not at all, that will always be a part of the tag division here. This is just a way to get people potentially interested in doing a single-handler team if they so wish. We have some pretty prolific writers here and I felt it would be a good way to kind of kickstart some things into happening more.

There's also the option of creating a shared tag team account similar to the single handler tag account where two different handlers could access it and use it to post. Could be a good way to do collaborative work and reduce the number of accounts GMs are looking for when judging.

These are all just ideas being kicked around. In my time here it seems like tags/trios get a flurry of attention but then quickly people move back to just their singles stuff. So, I figured it might simply be because people don't like having someone else be responsible for their own success. Logical. I know I never liked it.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (05-02-2017)
Cadryn Tiberius Offline
The Essence Of Excellence

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-02-2017, 06:09 AM

Thomas and I have been tossing ideas around.

Whenever we finalize things, I'll let the GMs know. :D

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

(Updated and Reset: 3/31/23)
Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

Cadryn's Butthole (Backstage Page)

Honorary King™ For The Day!
06-08-17

October 2017 Star Of The Month
May 2017 Star Of The Month
2017 Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
1x XWF Tag Team Champion (Pintner: Michael Graves)
2x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF Television Champion
2x XWF Federweight Champion
5x XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cadryn Tiberius's post:
Jane Carver (05-02-2017) [-]
Super Mario Offline
The Game Has Changed and So Have I

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-02-2017, 07:36 AM

Jane

you can as of today list The Super Mario Brothers as an active Tag Team

my brother Luigi is finally here and we're ready to deliver some serious ass kickin'

[Image: 7288a5ce883b155ddbaf03e64e671bd0.jpg]

This Ain't No Game!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Super Mario's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (05-02-2017), Jane Carver (05-02-2017), Theo Pryce (05-02-2017), Vincent Lane (05-02-2017)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-02-2017, 07:57 AM

Don't feel as if you're obligated to start a tag team either just because we're blowing it up. I hated tagging up before until I met the love of my life... If you prefer singles competition, stick with that. If you think that, maybe, you want to work with someone else? Go for it. It's pretty fun. Like I said, I wasn't for hooking up with dudes at first, but after a while, I got used to it and really enjoyed it.

If you're in a slump, it creates an out. A way to stir up some creativity and get some ideas from outside your own box.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Imperial (05-02-2017)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

05-02-2017, 08:26 AM

(05-02-2017, 07:57 AM)Doctor Louis DVille Said: Like I said, I wasn't for hooking up with dudes at first, but after a while, I got used to it and really enjoyed it.

[Image: d2bfa71f33640571c09965534ae5341b_oh-my-g...3-512.jpeg]

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Imperial (05-02-2017), JackCain (05-03-2017), Jane Carver (05-03-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (05-02-2017)
Gaybe Lincoln Offline
XWF Intern

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Wow there is a lot to digest here!

First of all a big thank you to everyone who responded. I am glad you have shown some interest in helping me to get the XWF tag team division to a place that we can all be proud of.

I appreciate those of you who shared your own personal experiences as I think it's great for those on the fence to hear both sides of things.

What I would like to do now is address some specific comments that were made.

First the free bird rules.

I do agree with Danny Imperial that one of the goals of this tag team revolution if you will should be to make the tag team titles more prestigious, something that is very much at odds with how we are handling the freebird rules right now.

For the time being the freebird rules will remain the same because as I mentioned from the onset, we want to allow for more defenses of those titles and the freebird rules allow for that.

When we get to a place where the tag team division is thriving I do believe that the freebird rules will be revisited.

Next is the trios titles.

From what I understand there has been discussions regarding either removing the trios or unifying them with the tag team titles. Again those are only discussions. I have no specifics other than that but I do think given the current state of the tag team division it makes little sense to have both a tag team title and a trios title so expect something to change in the future.

So far we have added one more tag team The Mario Brothers to go along with The Kings, AX3, The Revival and Revolution Prime. I am not sure if Peter Gilmour and Michael McBride are still a team or not. If they are that's great. That's 6 teams, if they aren't then we have 5. A solid start.

As Jane mentioned above if there are any of you that are considering a tag team the GM's are there to help you. Maybe you want to do a tag team but aren't sure who to work with or who would be a good fit. If that's the case let the GM's know. Maybe they have some ideas, or maybe someone else has approached them with the exact same mindset and they can be the bridge that puts you two together.

It would be great if we could get some type of tag team tournament or even a big tag team match scheduled in the next few weeks so that we can have a #1 contender to face the current tag team champions at the Pay Per View.

By no means am I trying to rush any of you into a decision I am simply putting that out there as something I would love to see happen if the stars align.

Thank you all again for your responses and please if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me or any of the GM's.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gaybe Lincoln's post:
Jane Carver (05-03-2017)
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

05-03-2017, 01:34 PM

I have always been open to working as a tag team, however I would personally like to find two more than competent partners so that the trio titles can also become more important, and then if anyone isn't around it takes the pressure off because of the freebird rule. If anyone is interested hit me up.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

05-03-2017, 03:30 PM

I'm more than open to it but I agree it's a matter of finding a compatible partner or running the team yourself as two characters. Maybe it's an idea to pair more experienced RP with newcomers so people don't get overwhelmed if they're new to it stright away?

[Image: JackCain.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like JackCain's post:
Gaybe Lincoln (05-03-2017), Jane Carver (05-03-2017)
Gaybe Lincoln Offline
XWF Intern

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-03-2017, 03:35 PM

(05-03-2017, 03:30 PM)JackCain Said: I'm more than open to it but I agree it's a matter of finding a compatible partner or running the team yourself as two characters. Maybe it's an idea to pair more experienced RP with newcomers so people don't get overwhelmed if they're new to it stright away?

I think this is a very interesting idea!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gaybe Lincoln's post:
Jane Carver (05-03-2017)
Jane Carver Offline
XWF HR Director

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-03-2017, 04:48 PM

The above was an idea I had mentioned to a former GM for Savage that was scoffed at

Going forward when I see newcomers opting in to warfare don't be surprised if they get booked in a rookies/vets tag match. This I believe would go a long way to teaching new players the ropes and gaining more interest in beefing up the tag division

[Image: tumblr_nsgtr3wmvL1uvy0y9o2_400.gif]

Jane
The XWF's Prodigal Benefactor

[Image: n8L4GMq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jane Carver's post:
"The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-09-2017)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-03-2017, 07:23 PM

(05-03-2017, 01:34 PM)Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Said: I have always been open to working as a tag team, however I would personally like to find two more than competent partners so that the trio titles can also become more important, and then if anyone isn't around it takes the pressure off because of the freebird rule. If anyone is interested hit me up.

Anyone interested in multiple partners, hit him up.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Imperial (05-03-2017), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (05-04-2017)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

05-03-2017, 08:09 PM

me and brother McBride are a team and we will DELETE the others to PROCURE those tag team titles

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post