Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 01:51 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
We're only human
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

04-14-2017, 03:37 PM

When I open my eyes, I am in the same wood that I dreamt of before, only this time it takes a moment for my limbs to work. I stare at my hands and they begin to tingle, I look down at my toes as they begin to warm up. It’s as if I have been frozen for thousands of years.

“You’re really struggling with this aren’t you?” Said the man of my nightmares who resembled my uncle Blaine.

“Struggling with what?”

“The return, face it, you know you can’t live up to the expectations of your former glory, and you’re scared of letting down the thousands of fans in attendance who will cheer your name on Saturday.”

“Of course I’m scared, wouldn’t you be? I’ve been booked against Chris Chaos. It’s like Charlton Athletic not playing football for three years then being asked to play Manchester United first team, it’s a bit of a tough ask.”

“Oh pull yourself together Steve. You’ve defeated bigger men than Chris.”

“Yes but are they as smart?”

“Not always, but you’re a former Universal Champion for fuck sake. Fighting is like riding a bike, you’ll always remember how to do it.”

“I suppose you’re right, and anyway it’s too late now, I have no choice but to stand my ground and fight. Just like I always have.”

“And just like you always will do. Best of luck Steve, you’re going to need it.”

The dream faded into the abyss, as they always did.

The room was dark and eerie as I woke up. I looked around. Nothing. Just me, my hair, a door, and this uncomfortable as fuck chair. Footsteps could be heard a short distance away, and they echoed around the enclosed space. A voice began to echo around the room.

“Thought it would be that easy did you, Steve? You thought you could leave just like that and come back here and everything would be splendid and fine? Well I’m afraid things aren’t that simple. I will tell you who I am eventually, but for now, I just want you to think back to everything you have done in your life. All those that you have killed. All of those children who you tormented when you were young, do you remember them? Do you remember their faces?”

I would be lying if I said yes. I had vowed to remember them, but their faces were just shadows conjured by fog, their expressions all looked the same though. Fear.

“Of course I don’t remember, I was just a boy. Who are you? Why have you done this to me!?”

“Oh don’t think this is it Steve. I’ve only just begun. Hahahahaha. You see… It was a delightful day in Reading, England. You were visiting your cousin, James. You remember James don’t you? Well it was a rather cold winter’s day, and Blaine thought it would be okay to leave you to play with the other children, do you remember?”

“No.”

“Such a pity, well let me remind you what happened. Well the other children wanted to play hide and seek, as children so often do. But you didn’t want to, you said it was boring, and that we had to play something different. Well one of those children stood up to you and do you know what you did? Do you remember? Well Steve, you grasped him by his curly brown hair, and first you threw him head first into a dining table. Which may have been forgivable. But the other children screamed and screamed and ran and ran, but that poor boy, he couldn’t move, he was helpless, defenceless. Then you picked him up and you grabbed him by the face and you pushed it against the flames. The child screamed and begged forgiveness but you grinned and laughed until good old uncle Blaine saved the day, before disappearing. Good old Uncle Blaine, such a kind man. That’s what everyone always says about him. He was nothing but a coward, just like your bitch mother. He disappeared with you to save you from being punished while that poor child wept and cried. Tell me Steve, do you remember now?”

“DO NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT MY UNCLE.” The venom in our words was evident.

“DO YOU REMEMBER NOW!?”

“NO. I DON’T FUCKING REMEMBER.”

The truth is that I did remember now, I could remember the events as clear as day. That poor little boy, terrified, as I scarred him for life. I had suppressed the memory so long, I still couldn’t remember the boy’s face. I still couldn’t tell you anything about him. But I remember doing it, and I remember being filled with rage and fury as I did it. The boy deserves it, I remember telling myself. He deserves that’s coming to him. But he was just a boy. He didn’t deserve it.

“You’re a disgusting human being. You don’t remember him? You don’t remember his name? Well let me tell you about him. His name is Alex Friend. He is now a struggling lawyer, without a family, without a wife to tell him she loves him, without a child to look up to him, and do you know who’s fault all of those things are?”

“MINE. Do you think I wouldn’t change my actions if I could? Things would be so different…”

“But you cannot change what you did. You cannot change your actions. And for that… you must face the consequences. And you will. Because that boy that you put to the flame, he remembers every single day, and every day he must go through the same torment and torture. People stare at him and they are horrified by what they see, a monstrosity. And you think that it’s okay to plod along like everything’s moved on? Like it’s all fine? Well wake up Steve, because it isn’t fine.”

“Don’t you understand, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t make that boys face normal again. That doesn’t mean that those years of being bullied at school suddenly disappear. There is only one way, for you to truly understand.”

The man emerges from the shadows wearing a mask with a blowtorch in hand. I swing back on my chair and it smashes to pieces, I stand in the corner with my fists clenched ready to fight. He steps back and looks down at the ground.

“FACE YOUR PUNISHMENT!!!!”

“Why does it matter to you?!”

The man removed his mask.

[Image: svTa6.jpg]

The shot opens. I am sat in a rather plain room, at a desk. I stand up, there is one book, as still as could be, lying on the desk. A dagger has been stabbed into the centre of the desk. I look up at the camera, having just watched the latest Chris Chaos promo, what an interesting chap. My voice was husky, and my emotions carried my promo, dipping between simple speech, angry passion, and a deep sadness.

Quote:So, Steven Davids. The Jesus freak with a bad attitude. Lovely. Just when I thought I was going to get some diversity, they stick me with an even older and even less creative version of Micheal Graves. Except, this Micheal Graves, is having a comeback party---and I plan to leave a shit in his punch bowl and pop all his balloons. I am the face of XWF, the orchestrator of chaos, and this clown thinks he can come in and take my spotlight? I think not. This is MY company now, and he is going to play by my rules. This company is exponentially better than it was when he was prominent here. This roster is so much more diverse than it was. Some of the things I see every show blow my mind. They impress me to no end. And none of it is possible without me. I pull the strings, I make the deals---and when I want someone taken out, they are taken out. Don't let Reno's title deceive you, this is my fortress.

“Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris…. Bravo my friend. Seriously, bravo. It really was quite the rousing speech that you made, and I mean that sincerely. You know, I’m not sure your words will have much effect though. They don’t hurt half as much as my punches will, and we all know how upsetting getting beaten up can be. You more than any, I suppose. Haha. But I figured, before we go to battle in that ring, we ought to exchange our feelings for one another. You see, I get the impression that you think the name KingSlayer is rather redundant, because as your promo so gracefully pointed out, one king is always replaced with another. However, I don’t just slay any king. I slay the kings that should not be kings. I slay the men who run their kingdom with fear and tyranny instead of love and fairness, does that make me a bad man? I certainly don’t think so. But I understand why you may feel that way. However, one thing is definitely sure, it does not make me redundant. It’s nice that you called me a Jesus freak with a bad attitude, but it seems you haven’t been paying much attention. You see my hair is gone. My beard is gone. And my miracles? Well miracles don’t exist, with the exception of your Universal Championship reign. Perhaps it is you who is Jesus, not I? Don’t compare me to Graves, you buffoon, the differences are astronomical, he hasn’t had merely half the success that I have, and as for my comeback party, well there isn’t really any kind of party to be had. This roster may be my family, but they know me better than that. Parties, well, parties have never been my kind of thing. The only time I want to be the centre of attention is when I ply my craft in the centre of that ring and delve into my darker side, my side that will rip Chris Chaos limb from limb. Let’s get a few things straight though Chris, this company is not yours. It belongs to Vincent in a literal sense, and as for a metaphorical sense, well, I’m afraid that you’re simply lying. You see you aren’t the champion anymore, you’re just like the rest of us. You’re another member of the roster who’s going to have to wait his turn, and if you want to cut the line, well that’s just fine, I’ve done it myself, but here’s the thing Chris. We can’t both cut to the front, and I’m afraid nobody, not you, not Reno, not the Doctor, not Unknown Soldier’s corpse, not Gilmour, and certainly not Vincent Lane is going to be able to stop me. You can believe whatever you want, but if this really is your fortress, then you might want to work on your defences because I’m afraid son, your KINGDOM HAS BEEN BREACHED.”

Quote:Your greatest weakness is that search for the real you. Your internal battle back and forth. You aren't consistent. People say all the time "same old chaos, same old spiel". Well, this same old chaos WINS matches. 27-7-2, and not a single one of those seven have beaten me cleanly. I know, I've said it before---and I will continue to say it. Name me one person on this roster that can beat me one on one with no interference, no "help". You can't, can you? Why? Because there isn't one.

“If I have a weakness, and I’m not entirely sure I do, then you’re probably right, it is my internal battle. I don’t think that makes me weak though. I think it simply makes me dangerous. I’ll give it to you though Chris, you have an impressive record, but seven losses, is seven losses. I don’t believe in bitching and whining and excuses, you’ve lost seven matches and there’s no two ways about it. And as for being able to name anyone the roster that can beat you? Well I think in the XWF, anything is possible, but if I can only name one, then he’s the guy who re-signed with the XWF on Saturday. He’s the Psycho Sensation, the KingSlayer, STEVE DAVIDS.”

Quote:I did it again, too. I pulled some strings. Jenny has been training, and she is going to make her in ring debut soon, but she is the special guest ref for this match. Do you REALLY think you stand a chance? Do you really feel she is going to call it down the middle? She would rather masturbate with a cheese grater than count my shoulders down 1-2-3. But I bet you still stay optimistic, huh? Good. I want some fight. I want some spunk. I don't want you coming into this match without some sort of hope, don't want you coming in and having it be over before it began. I want to crush your hopes and dreams personally. I want to stomp on your hope and drag it with my boot until it is a slush pile. Because that is what I do. Ask anyone. Jenny Myst is going to be referring your comeback in a match against me---they either really want to test you or you must have rubbed someone the wrong way. Maybe it's all this religion stuff. People are sensitive about that stuff nowadays.

“I must admit, I find it odd that management has found it necessary to put Jenny in this match, particularly as the special guest referee. But it makes sense you know? Former Universal Champion, making his return, sure, stack the odds against me, and watch me knock them down. Do you think having your whore in this match makes you safe? Victory is so far away from being a reality Chris, and if you think you aren’t going to have to work for this just because Jenny is in the match then you’re mistaken. I know she won’t call this match down the middle, then I guess I have no choice but to knock you the fuck out, make you bleed, and crush you until there is no getting up, until you’re begging me for mercy and Jenny has no choice but to award me the match out of fear for your life. I pray to god she has mercy for you Chris, because I won’t. Perhaps I rubbed people up the wrong way with my views, my opinions, but it does not matter. The fact of the matter is, religion is for the weak, and I’ll speak more about that in a little bit. It’s odd that you tried to imply I am God-fearing though, when I think I have made it quite clear that God is not real. Jesus, is not real. And just like them, your God given right to sit at the top of the chain, IS NOT REAL.”

Quote:But the reason why you won't be nearly as successful in your return as you were in your previous career here is because you don't know who you are. You cutting your hair shows that. You needed a new look, a new image, a new reason for people to give two shits. You needed a reason for people to tune in. "Oh, look, David's cut his hair!" It is sad that you have dropped to this level, stooped to this level of mediocrity. I'd expect this kinda thing out of Cadryn, not out of an XWF "legend". But is a legend what you are? Do you stack up against the best this business has ever seen? You look in the mirror, Steve, and you don't know. You aren't sure what you see. You aren't sure that God is with you anymore. Your backstage page says 27-1-19. Nineteen draws or no contests? Sure, the one loss looks impressive, but were you really that shitty that you couldn't get a decisive win on a worse roster?

“I know I may be a little lost, but this is really poor from you Chris, and I had expected so much more. You see, if you were paying any attention whatsoever, you would know that I didn’t cut my hair. That’s the last thing I wanted. That hair, that beard, that was a part of who I was. It had become iconic to some of the XWF audience, and I didn’t cut my hair through choice. It was stolen from me, just as the XWF has been. I really thought you would be more focused than this leading into the match, and don’t play it off as you not caring who did it, or any of that bullshit, because we all know that’s what it will be, bullshit, you slipped up, accept that. I must apologise for my backstage page though, you see it’s very out of date, and because I am a Brit, I had my records Premier League style, so no, I didn’t draw 19 times, I lost 19 times, I am man enough to admit I lost 19 times. Was I bested all of those times? No. And my victories are more stacked than 27 throughout my XWF career but I’ll spare you the details because the fact is Chris, records aren’t going to matter in this match. I am going to have the audience behind me, and legend or not, I will make an impact and if that means going through you then that’s the way it’s got to be. However, what I will say, is do not disrespect the past roster, that’s not to say the current one isn’t great, it’s impressive. But you didn’t get a chance to see SO MANY great competitors. Don’t be so god damn ignorant AND PAY ATTENTION… because I am starting to think that you aren’t all that focused after all, maybe you think this will be easy. Well, you’re sorely mistaken.”

Quote:When you murdered that boy, you did it out of frustration. You have made it a lifelong, and career-long, quest to prove that you aren't that person. From jump street you have been conflicted. You were brandished as a "murderer", as "evil". The truth is you're a sweet, sensitive, caring, god-fearing man, am I right? You need to pick one, and against me I highly suggest it is option 1. You will need it. When I step into that ring, I murder careers, and damn near murder humans. I enjoy it, I thrive off of it. You are no different. You bleed just like everyone else.

“I am not that man. I am not evil, I am no murderer. Am I a good man? Probably not. God-fearing, well I can’t fear something that doesn’t exist now can I? I’m neither of the two men you want me to be Chris. Life is not as simple as black and white. There is no good and evil, truly. For even the darkest of hearts will have a glow worm amongst it. Of course I bleed, we are all human after all. And you are exactly the same. You break and you crunch.”

I rip my tee shirt off and pull the dagger and cut it across my chest ever so slightly, a layer of blood oozes out.

“Bleed I will, but I hope you’re prepared to bleed Chris, because I am willing to go to extreme measures to pick up the victory on Savage, and that my friend, could well be the difference maker.”

Quote:I related to that. Betrayal after betrayal. I felt those words. It's happened to me, Steve. It is a never ending cycle. I am the one who beat Doc for the Wild Card slot, and the only one who had to defend that spot on a weekly basis. I have had the deck stacked against me for months, and every time I prevailed. It wasn't until someone I trusted tried to "help" me, that I finally stumbled. How do you think that feels? Do be betrayed by someone who not only signs your paychecks, but by someone who you thought was your friend.

Back before I won the Universal Championship inside the elimination chamber, I was betrayed by Gabe Reno. He tried to sabotage me before our tag team match, and he got caught. Though he was suspended, I was hung out to dry. 2 on 1 and Robbie Bourbon STILL had to CHEAT to beat me. Over and over again I have had potshots thrown in my direction, and when it was the champion it was ten times worse. Now, I have some time to sit back and reevaluate. I have some time to find out what makes this roster tick. I have time to plot and plan. I have some big shit coming in the next few weeks--shit that will change the landscape of not just the XWF, but professional wrestling, forever. You saw my pain and my emotion come out on Savage. Something I worked so hard for, and valued so much, seemingly crushed before my very eyes. Something that made me whole, complete, filled that void I still had left. I have felt pain, Steve, I just don't often show it. So yes, I related to those words. It isn't often I get emotional in film study, but with you, it is a different animal. You've been through so much....but unlike me, you haven't chosen a path. I could ramble on for days about my background..but all that really matters is who that background made me. You are still trying to figure out what your background has made you.

"I appreciate you enjoying my promo from 2014. That’s nice. I hope you’re joking though my friend, because I have been betrayed and betrayed again, by people who I considered family. I’ve witnessed the love of my life sleeping with my best friend under my nose. I’ve witnessed my Father butcher good man. That’s the ultimate betrayal. And there is where the problem lies Chris. Perhaps we’re trusting the wrong people, or maybe we shouldn’t trust anyone at all. Can you trust Jenny? I hope you can, for your fate lies in her hands at Savage. You’re wrong though Chris, what happened to you in the Chamber, I believe you that that wasn’t fair, but if you think you have time to sit back and reevaluate then you’re wrong. You need to put everything you have into this match this week, you can’t have one eye on me and the other on the rest of this roster. Nothing makes this roster ticks because it’s a loose canon, and it is all in your name after all, this roster is chaos. The landscape will always change, there’s no time for evaluation, you simply must evolve and be a part of it. That’s why we’re all here. We’re a part of it, and you can sit on your self-made pedestal and think that you’re above it all but the simple fact of the matter is you’re on the ground with the rest of us, and it’s tough and it’s dirty on the ground. My background has made me many things Chris, but most importantly of all, it’s made me a fantastic competitor. And perhaps I shouldn’t see a small part of myself in you, but I do. I know who I am, but do you really know who you are? Truly? There’s always more to learn about yourself Chris, and you will change during your time in the XWF, I can promise you that. When I started here, I was a selfish bastard who didn’t give a shit about anyone or anything, you can’t be like that in this world, not truly. I’m not sure it matters though, look what good caring has done me, I remain alone, and I am okay with that, but just remember that what goes around always seems to come back around."

Quote:It matters more than you will ever know. Like the Joker told Gotham on the Dark Knight, "this city deserves a better class of criminal." This company deserves a better face. People still bicker here, they still pick sides, and they still form alliances whether blatant or hidden. But in the end, when the ashes and dust and soot clear, there will be one face standing out above the rest. That face will be my face.

“Is that what you want to be Chris? You want to be the king of the ashes? Well you’re welcome to that crowd, I will not try to slay a king amongst air. This company does not deserve to see a criminal on top of the hill. It deserves solidity. This federation has so much importance, so much history, more than you can ever know. You will have got a taste of that as you gazed upon my old promos, but in reality, these promos that I have poured my heart into, are nothing other than a tiny fragment of this company’s history. There is no doubt that I have left my mark, and there is no doubt that you’re leaving yours as we speak. Alliances will be made and broken, but I want you to understand Chris, there’s no point being the mayor of the mist.”

Quote:Everything burns, Steve. Not all stories have a happy ending. Not all stories are fairy tails. You may have high hopes for your return to in ring action, but you have never seen someone like me standing across from you. You have never seen someone as ruthless, vicious and uncaring. You have never seen a dog this hungry. I look at your history, and I see some big names. Names I am familiar with. Names that I have become accustomed to seeing. Unknown Soldier, Peter Gilmour, Robbie Bourbon. I have beaten them all in one form or another. And the others....I haven't had the pleasure of taking a few years off their career yet. Perhaps I never will.
“This is no fairytale. This is no story. Simply put, this is the harsh reality and in that ring it gets tough, it gets bloody, and it gets dirty. But when that bell rings, the beast inside of me stirs just like it does every other man. I do not care for happy endings, I care about who secures that three count. I have defeated huge names, there’s no doubt. But those names aren’t important right now, what matters is me and you, and the sooner you realise that, the better chance you’ll have off defeating me.”

Quote:All men must fall. You're correct. They must fall to me. Because my mind state, it's unlike any other. You are so hung-up on the fact that your mother died pushing you from her pelvis, and never stopped to think that maybe that was all part of the plan. You couldn't focus on the task at hand, being the top dog. Scully made you his bitch, and he can barely write his name. Scully, of all people, made you look foolish. Because, as much of a as he is, he knows who he is. He is comfortable with who he is......you, your still searching but never finding. Your quest to become Universal Champion again, it stops here like a high speed train hitting a concrete wall. There is NOBODY on this roster who is going to be Universal Champion again besides ME. Chris Chaos....Chris Jackson. You were a hero once, to someone, Steve, and now you are just a washed up has been who is trying to get a pay check because living out of your van isn't cutting it anymore. Your family didn't want you. Your own blood family. So you turned to XWF as your new found family. But, as much as they want you and will accept you with open arms--hell they accept everyone these days, they are like community college--you will get a rude dose of reality when you realize that there is no place for you in this family. The dinner table is set, and Steve Davids doesn't have a place mat set. They may want you, Steve, but at some point you need to trim the fat. You need to understand who you can and can't provide for. And this well, it has run dry. There is only so much milk left in the teet. How devastating will it be knowing that the only family you ever knew, ever loved, and ever felt loved by, has turned their back on you in your greatest time of need.......

"All men must fall, that much has always been true. But men won’t just fall to you Chris, you must make them bend. Scully did what he did and I am ashamed of how I performed that night, but it’s in the past now. I know you love to talk about the past but once you see this promo you can get your head back in the present and focus. As for the Universal Championship, Chris, it’s a long old fight for that belt, but we both know how glorious its gold feels on the skin. I am sure you will feel that glory again, but first you must step aside and let me have my moment, because I am back, and I am ready to take what I deserve, the Universal Championship. There will always be room for me in the XWF, and although my family did not want me, I did not want them either, I want the XWF more than anyone can know. There is so much more milk left in the teet Chris, you’ve just got to know where to look…”

I pick up the dagger and stab it through the bible on the desk.

“This promo is coming to an end Chris, but there’s one key thing I want you to know, and that’s that when all of this is said and done, Savage is going to end the same way it did last week, with you weeping like the fucking bitch you are.”

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
Dolly Waters (04-14-2017), JimCaedus (04-16-2017), The Monster of Htaed (04-14-2017)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 2 users Hate Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post!
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (04-14-2017), Tommy Gunn (04-14-2017)