Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 01:19 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplay Template
Akombi

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-25-2017, 08:32 AM

I was wondering if there was a template for role playing matches, I apologize if I sound like a noob, but internet RP I all new to me, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
Edit
[-] The following 1 user Likes Akombi's post:
Dolly Waters (03-26-2017)
Jefferson Jackson Offline
Warfare GM & XWF Business/Financial Supt

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-25-2017, 08:51 AM

If you're referring to match writing there is a template for that depending on the show. As for role plays themselves, no there isn't. You can have plain gray text with a standard font and be fine, or add tables, different fonts, sizes, and colors, etc. It actually all depends on the sort of style or visual you want to represent.

FYI - While adding certain formats to rps REALLY doesn't matter THAT much, making them pretty and fancy does make them more appealing to the sight and sometimes easier and more enjoyable to read for the readers and or judges.

More questions? Don't be shy, no one will hold it against you for your newbie status.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jefferson Jackson's post:
The Monster of Htaed (03-25-2017)
The Monster of Htaed Offline
War is just an All You Can Eat BUFFET...

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

03-25-2017, 08:57 AM

Welcome Newb! J/K hope you have fun.

[Image: tzaJpcU.jpg]
Death before Dishonor...
Hate Post Like Post
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2017, 02:24 AM

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=315&highlight=coding

This thread helped me a lot, and I dont think I use any code outside of this. There are some really impressive formats on this board though.

I'd suggest just looking through different roleplays, trying to get a feel of what aesthatic you want your roleplays to invoke and work with the code above.

A little plug: http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=27047

That's the extent of my coding abilities, so if you need any help with anything like that, feel free to drop me a PM or post here.

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperial's post:
Dolly Waters (03-26-2017)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-26-2017, 02:41 AM

(03-26-2017, 02:24 AM)DannyImperial Said: http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=315&highlight=coding

This thread helped me a lot, and I dont think I use any code outside of this. There are some really impressive formats on this board though.

I'd suggest just looking through different roleplays, trying to get a feel of what aesthatic you want your roleplays to invoke and work with the code above.

A little plug: http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=27047

That's the extent of my coding abilities, so if you need any help with anything like that, feel free to drop me a PM or post here.

This is the kind of answer I like to see. A new guy helping out another new guy.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Dolly Waters (03-26-2017), Imperial (03-26-2017)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-26-2017, 03:38 AM

I will say if you're going to have a supporting cast in your work, you should think about color coding, at the very least your spoken dialog. Without it, it can be a chore trying to figure out who is speaking and when. Not everyone excels at having different personalities for each of their cast of characters. So if you choose to go gray plain text, then you should opt to make it very clear who is speaking and when. If those that judge your work are unaware of who is who, it can hurt you when decisions are made.

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Imperial Offline
The Unchained Prince

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2017, 11:17 AM

(03-26-2017, 02:41 AM)Thaddeus Duke Said: This is the kind of answer I like to see. A new guy helping out another new guy.

Actually just getting views for my roleplay.

The Unchained Prince

[Image: werwolves-eyes-for-Jason-Momoa.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperial's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (03-26-2017)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-26-2017, 12:11 PM

Dylan is that you?

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post
R A D I C A L

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-26-2017, 04:50 PM

Duke dont put people on blast.
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-26-2017, 05:39 PM

Suck my dick!

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post