Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 06:24 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Putting a Bounty on the Head of Wallace Witasick - RP 1
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:44 PM

I lay here under my truck - Big Bertha - as she came to be known, as I tighten the final bolts mounting the transmission and the salvage 366 Chevy engine into her cradle.

I roll the creeper out from under the 35 year old workhorse and I sit up and wipe the grease from my hands on a towel. I'm not sure how long he's been standing there, but I look up, nearly startled, at the sight of Matthew. As I sit their on my creeper, I ask the all-important question.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "What's up, Matt?"

MATTHEW: "I'm sorry, Dux. I didn't want to disturb you while you were working on your truck."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "It's alright. I'm about to fire it up. What do you need?"

MATTHEW: "We've been monitoring the NSA Satellite as you instructed. It seems there is activity about."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Activity? What kind of activity?"

MATTHEW: "They backed vans and have seemed to load them up."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "With what?"

MATTHEW: "We can't be certain. The vans are backed up to loading docks. Whatever it is their loading, is being done out of our view."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Alright. Keep monitoring. If anything changes, let me know."

MATTHEW: "Yes, sir. Should I raise the threat level?"

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "No, not yet. We'll wait until it's apparent that they are up to something."

Matt nods as if saying 'I understand' before walking away.

I go back to working on my old truck. Now that the engine is bolted up and all of the linkage and wiring is hooked up, I can get the fluids in her. I walk over to my work bench and grab the oil filter.

After threading it onto the engine, I make my way back from under the truck and pour in the oil. I fill up the radiator with coolant and it'd time.

Time to turn the key.

I fell in love with this old truck a long time ago. My uncle had one when I was a child and I always wanted one. Life and other things happen that get in the way of your wants.

My younger brother bought this when he was 18 and it rekindled an interest in these old bowties. I begged for him to sell it to me for years. One day, I got the news that I'd be an uncle soon. He and his wife were expecting their first child and I was asked if I still wanted to buy it.

Damn right I did.

The engine started rapping about a year ago. A sure sign it was time for a replacement. About a month or so ago, it finally threw a push rod through the engine block.

My desire to get this truck running again was complete after I pumped the accelerator a few times and turned the key. The old Chevy K10 4x4 built in June of 1978 fired right up and purred like a kitten.

I hit the button on my visor for the garage door and it rolled up. I put the old beast in DRIVE and rolled down the long driveway. I think it's time to gather my thoughts out by the lake.

I exit the woods in the old truck and make a right turn into the clearing. I accelerate toward the lake before slowing to a stop. I kill the engine and exit the truck. I jump up onto the hood and rest my feet on the front bumper as I breathe in the exhilarating fresh clean air that the slight breeze blows in.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "As a champion in any sport, you're expected to face any and all challengers. The day I won mine from Mark Flynn, was the day a target was placed on my back. I don't mind targets so much as the person placing it there.

"Wallace Witasick.

"The General Manager of Wednesday Warfare.

"A few weeks ago it finally occurred to him that I am indeed, a member of the Black Circle. That's a fact, understandably, that he doesn't take well. If you look back at the history of the Black Circle, especially since I aligned with them, when you see the Black Circle, you are undoubtedly about to see someone get hurt. Hurt bad. Maybe even killed.

"I can appreciate the fact that Wallace is wholeheartedly against my affiliation with the Black Circle. What I don't understand is why he has a bug up his ass about it. It's not like I bring them along every week to raise hell on Warfare. It's not like I have them interfere in my matches on Warfare to ensure that I keep the United States title.

"Why?

"I don't need them to. Wallace knows it. I would dominate Warfare like I have been with or without the Circle.

"See, he likes to handpick his title challengers. As General Manager, I suppose that's his right to do so. His first handpicked challenger is a man by the name of Angelus. You might have heard of him.

"Of course, for unseen reasons, that challenger fizzled out without so much as a pop let alone a bang. A dud.

"Then he moved on from Angelus and couldn't decide between Steve Davids and KnightMask. A due he would actually allow me to choose from. Of course, knowing he plans to see to it that I'm unseated as champion, I decided it was time to play a game.

"A game in which I got the better of him. I single handedly ruined his Warfare main event. A fact that makes my heart smile. KnightMask and Steve Davids now know the power of Pandoras Box. Once it's locked, there is no escape.

"Now, Wallace has decided to quite literally put a hit out on me. A contract on my head. Sheeple, do not believe what you see on television. He likes to show you sheeple that he is a stand up guy. Always doing what is right and best for business.

"That's just simply not the case. He's a sneaky conniving little snake that must be eliminated. For the good of the XWF. For the good of Warfare. For the good of the talent on his roster.

"Believe me when I say this... Davids... KnightMask... If by some miracle one of you do steel my title... I guaran-damn-tee you... You're next.

"It's a vicious, never-ending cycle. Look at the facts.

"Unknown Soldier. Stripped of the United States title and committed to an insane asylum.

"Mark Flynn. The man won a tournament, only because he didn't have to face the Angel of Darkness, blazing through 4 men in one night to become champion. A remarkable accomplishment for any one man to go through 4 men.

"Although, a couple of weeks ago, I defeated 4 men in one match...

"Back on topic... Flynn won the title and Wallace made his life a living hell. He'd stop at absolutely nothing to make sure Flynn lost that title. Who was his handpicked challenger to Flynn at Gauntlet City?

"That's right.

"Sebastian Duke.

"I defeat Flynn and become the United States Champion. Suddenly, he doesn't want me to be champion.

"As I said, don't let him fool you, sheeple. He's using my affiliation with the Black Circle as an excuse to have my title stolen from me.

"The thing is, it is just that. An excuse. He always wants someone else to be champion. The real reason is simple.

"Jealousy.

"He was never big enough, strong enough, good enough or tough enough to put his own sorry ass in the middle of the ring. He didn't have the balls to do what we all do for a living. So he fulfills his shattered boyhood dreams of being a champion by trying to shatter others' dreams.

"In that, at least until now, he's been successful.

"Here's where it gets interesting. I call on the entire XWF roster. Madness, Warfare, Shove It. It just doesn't matter. Bring Wallace Witasick to the Angel of Darkness. There will be a handsome 8 figure reward. That's right. You heard me.

"You're asking yourself right now, if I just put a bounty on the General Manager of Warfare.

"You're damn right I did.

"Bring me Wallace Witasick.

"I'll give you ten million dollars in cold, hard, untraceable cash.

"Asmodeus asked me earlier why I didn't just go through the criminal court system and have him investigated.

"The answer is simple.

"The courts are for amateurs and the faint of heart. No, Wallace. This is personal.

"In this chess match, Wallace, CHECK...

"Your move."

I jump off the truck and climb into the cab. I fire it up and head back for home.

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 8:47 PM EST

After backing Big Bertha into her stall in the garage, I decide to tinker a little more under the hood. The carburetor and accelerator pedal linkage were in need of adjustment.

As I wrench away on the carburetor, I'm startled at the sound of the man-door slamming. I look toward the door and see Matthew coming toward me.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "What you got, Matt?"

MATTHEW: "Dux, we believe they're coming."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Okay, what makes you think that?"

MATTHEW: "Three vans are on the move. Judging by the direction they are headed and the satellite images, they appear to be headed for the Compound."

SEBASTIAN DUKE: "Get all the Brothers ready. We're going on high alert. Radio Zach at the guard shack. Tell him to get the snipers in position.

"It's go time."

Matt hurries off.

It seems this war against the Church has just entered a new phase.

They're preparing an invasion.
Edit Hate Post Like Post