Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:15 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Announcements & Important Info
QUICK RULES REMINDER
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-24-2017, 04:31 PM

After getting a pretty unusual question, I wanted to remind and reassure everyone that this fed is NOT run by angles.

We judge qualitatively and every decision (unless it is something discussed with the participants ahead of time) is based on judgment of roleplay quality.

EVEN IN BRIEFCASE CASH-IN SCENARIOS, the situation is still determined based off of roleplay judgment with energy bars/percentages taken into account.

If you have lost a match, you were simply deemed to have the lower overall score by the judges. Pretty simple.

Personally, I hate there having to be losers of matches. I want everyone to have a great time building characters and stories. Unfortunately, it comes with the territory.

Anyone who has any concerns whatsoever about judgments can come to me personally any time. I am always willing to share a little insight, and to offer some advice. Also, you should never feel hesitant in asking for feedback here. We have a ton of great writers and a lot of people here have been in e-fedding for years.

Have fun!

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(02-24-2017), JimCaedus (02-25-2017), The Monster of Htaed (02-24-2017)
The Monster of Htaed Offline
War is just an All You Can Eat BUFFET...

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

02-24-2017, 07:18 PM

Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

[Image: tzaJpcU.jpg]
Death before Dishonor...
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-24-2017, 07:29 PM

Pardon?

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-24-2017, 08:24 PM

I can back that up, we don't do angle victories. Unless the loser asked for it or extinuating circumstances (which is almost never). Best work by the handler wins. Period. We do our best to decide that fairly and not just by one single judges opinion-

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
(02-26-2017)
The Monster of Htaed Offline
War is just an All You Can Eat BUFFET...

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

02-25-2017, 12:27 AM

I was just fucking around, I know you guys judge fairly.

[Image: tzaJpcU.jpg]
Death before Dishonor...
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Monster of Htaed's post:
Vincent Lane (02-25-2017)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-26-2017, 05:31 AM

Some might be surprised to learn just how many judges get used at times. Unless it's an obvious decision like handler A vs a no-show or something to that extent, there's ALWAYS more than one judge. Most often times more than two. Picking a winner is a great responsibility that has always been taken very seriously. You might be surprised at how differently multiple judges look at things, yet come to the same conclusions.

It's good to look at things differently, because maybe judge A didn't notice something that judge B did notice. And there's always a discussion. I promise you, unless it's an obvious outcome, it's never just a one person decision.

Judges are or have been writers too. We know the time and energy spent on your work. But you have to respect the fact that there's a lot of time and energy poured into judging you, too. Some get upset at outcomes and I think we all can understand that because its difficult to remain objective towards your own work that you put so much into. We all have our moments. I doubt anyone is innocent.

There's a way to go about inquiring about judgments and a way not to. Going to a judge respectfully will get better results than just coming to one and shooting off claims that have no base in reality.

Certainly some of us, myself included, could do a better job at being respectful to one another when concerns are expressed.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (02-26-2017), JimCaedus (02-26-2017), The Monster of Htaed (02-26-2017)
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-28-2017, 08:04 AM

We call it the "Reality Factor"- when what actually took place matters.

Hate Post Like Post