Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-11-2024, 12:38 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Prove Yourself
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

02-23-2017, 12:03 PM

The scene opens to the backstage area of an arena, potentially the same building where Savage will occur the following night. Thomas Nixon stands before the camera, wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a gray v neck tee shit, and a black eye patch. He seems to have a calm demeanor, juxtaposing his mental breakdown days ago.

“Another cult figure has entered the XWF. Another name, another man, with another agenda. This man, Father Slathe, declares that his ideals are ‘The Truth’. That’s great marketing, a great euphemism. By labeling his offer and his requests as ‘truth’ it shines a negative light on me, since I will have to turn down his request.

I understand that Mr. Tidbits and Slathe have been a bit preoccupied with their Savage match, but they have failed to do their research. I don’t need access to McBride. I don’t need a helping hand to give me an opportunity. I don’t need their permission to walk out that ring and toss McBride off of a ladder. Furthermore, Guppy earned me a match with McBride, and I already have a stipulation in mind, a lot of thinking and preparation has gone into it.

You fail to understand a simple concept, Father Slathe. The driver of action is motivation. You seem to understand my association with the lizard people, so it should be clear that I want to push forward my belief that they deserve the same rights as people. Now, if I wuss out of a match with your pet and collude with you, I’m hurting the fans and the viewers that will support me in my endeavors. They don’t want to see me simply win. They want to see violence, they want to see heart, and they want to see me win after I knockout my opponent with a jumping knee. If I took your proposition, we would be robbing the fans, and I would damage my reputation. I’m not stupid enough to make that mistake.

What are the repercussions of my decision? I understand that Mr. Tidbits is a threat, that he is a beast of some sort, but he is walking into a bout against three other men on Savage. I think that those circumstances will prevent you from murdering McBride, so I’m not going to bite on your threat.

I do believe that Mr. Tidbit is a force to be reckoned with, but there was one reassuring sentiment that Slathe echoed. He said that Tidbit doesn’t care about winning or losing, he doesn’t even have his own desires. He’s a pet; he does the bidding of his master. Now, he may be dangerous, but that doesn’t mean he will a formidable competitor in the XWF ring. I’ve built my career from finding ways to win, regardless of if my opponents are stronger or more ruthless that I am. I’ve caught my adversaries off guard with flash pins or stunning burst attacks.

If this beast is as primitive as he seems, then he has faults. Faults that coincide with my usual bag of tricks. If you want your monster to be able to pick up two falls, you’re going to have to teach him a couple little things. One I would call ‘strategy’ and the other I’d refer to as ‘technique’. Good luck teaching that to an animal.

I may have lost some concentration, I am a man with priorities, but I’m not going to take you, or Killjoy, for granted. I understand the nature of these multi man bouts, how they have elements of chaos that are uncommon in a typical one on one match. Plans are quickly discarded, and a wrestler has to consistently make the smartest decisions. I’m not scoffing at either of you, but I do want to make one thing very clear.

The best predictor of the future is the past.

Mr. Tidbits, you haven’t made a splash in the XWF yet, and I’m uncertain on how to judge you. I will be watching the ladder match closely, and I will get some foresight before the match. And Killjoy, you’ve had a fair share of success, but you haven’t won gold recently.

I, on the other hand, was champion not long ago. After McBride and Dolly traded the television title and McBride inevitibly vacated it, I came into the picture and helped restore prestige to that title. My battles with Brandon Moore were the highlights of XWF programming for two weeks, as we duked it out on New Year’s Eve in Times Square. I held onto that belt like a fighting champion until fatigue wore me down. But before I succumbed to Jim Caedus, I developed a track record for success. When you look at my rivals and their recent accomplishments, they simply don’t stack up.

To further my case, the odds are in my favor. If you consider me the favorite of the three competitors, a fluke won’t win Killjoy or Tidbits the match. They need two falls. That simply will not happen with me in the ring. Tidbits may try to maim me, but I will walk out of that match with the victory and two successful falls. Mark my words.

As we turn our attention to the New Era of Savage, I want Tidbits to know, as well as Michael McBride, that I will be watching very closely. Good luck.”

The scene fades to black, as Nixon turns and walks deeper into the arena.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
Ally Worsted (02-28-2017), drezdin5788 (02-23-2017), JimCaedus (02-25-2017), The Monster of Htaed (02-23-2017)