Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 10:34 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Office Space
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-19-2017, 08:43 PM

Colton Kato swirls in his office chair. White shirt. The usual. He looks up at the Savage logo on the wall. Boots on the desk.

Landmark event. In the home of landmark achievements. X-Treme wrestling has pioneered a new wave of thinking. A timeless one. We are the past- present- future.

Spoiler alert- the future is now. You are now. History is filled with men who said they would- could- but never did. Ask yourself- what am I? I did. Answers flooded in. I saw a small office where I would be taking questions and delivering answers- real answers, not a pass-me-fucking-by. Then my phone rang. Ring- ring- a call from XWF Mogul Vincent Lane. Would you be interested- would I? Do you have the right number? Do I? Yes Colton-

*You see Kato- we will shelter freaks and outcasts, those who have no home. We will get past the lies. We will hunt monsters! And when we are at a loss amidst the hypocrisy and the casual violence of certain individuals and institutions, we will, as per XWF GMs always have, punch some people in the face when they seek to destroy the weak and the disenfranchised and the marginalized! And we will do it all with soul, with heart, and with joy. We thank you for taking on this responsibility.

It was an awe inspiring speech. Vincent put trust of himself and all of you in me. There will be no one person marginalized here! I had a meeting earlier with a man that has had quite a beginning. Bobby Blackcoat. Into my office he scampered. Through that door. No knock, just determination. He sat and looked across the table into my eyes. And I knew. This is a man who needs a challenge. This is a man who we can stack a deck of chairs on, before the next guy is here to rearrange. I don't offer formal contracts. I say hey, you, here's a match. Here's a role. Good luck. Something was different. I harkened back to the words, and more of what Vincent said about what GMs need-

*I would just like to say, in light of all that's going on in the XWF today, it's difficult to celebrate the already celebrated Warfare, but this position to you... will reward the wrestlers who take their craft seriously and earnestly believe, like me, that great wrestling can change the world. And is a call to arms from our fellow craftsmen and women to go deeper. And through our art to battle against fear, self-centeredness and exclusivity of our predominately narcissistic culture and through our craft to cultivate a more empathetic and understanding society by revealing intimate truths that serve as a forceful reminder to folks that when they feel broken and afraid and tired they are not alone. XWF. Savage is here to mend. We are united in that we are all human beings and we are all together on this horrible, painful, joyous, exciting and mysterious ride that is being a professional wrestler. Now, as we act in the continuing narrative of Savage, we in the leadership will repel failure. Win. Make Savage great Kato. Or else-

No need to finish. The old 1-2 punch. But more of a default statement. Board type maneuver designed to keep me guessing. I'm not guessing- I know. Bobby Blackcoat is here. Whatever that means. But faces of Savage or XWF are decided the same way they always were- in the ring. 80,000 yelling your name. Embracing it. Being it. I like what I see-

Have I done well? Then applaud as I exit.

And somebody get me a bigger office.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
(02-20-2017), Bobby Blackcoat (02-20-2017), JimCaedus (02-19-2017), Peter Fn Gilmour (02-20-2017), The Monster of Htaed (02-19-2017)