Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:21 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XWF YEAR-END AWARDS 2023
Peter Principle Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

02-19-2024, 07:11 PM

Hey folks!

These are the final results for the end-of-year award polls.

First off, well done to everyone involved, from the RPs to the matchmakers to the show results... the XWF had another glorious year and we're all working our to make 2024 the best yet!

It’s an exciting time for the ol’ fed, we’ve got an ocean of great talent that just rolled in, as well as mainstays that have been regularly killing it for years. This place would be nothing without competitors like y’all. Thank EVERYONE for making this place the wondrous home for creativity and storytelling that it is!

Okay, here are the official results:

PPV of the Year

WarGames

Hot DAMN! I think this is the first time in years that Relentless didn’t take the Pay-Per-View of the year! But… WarGames, man. An absolute feast of overlapping narratives going on. Between Corey paying TK to take a dive, Flynn and Ned’s uneasy alliance, the Lady King betraying Cent, Lacklan DEFEATING KIDO with a snakebite!

The lifeblood of the fed is the stories it allows and WarGames was loaded top to bottom with stories ranging from the impressive RPs to the show itself. It all combined into a flurry of crazy spots and a showcase for the kinds of high-quality, fun writing that makes the XWF truly special.

WarGames is my personal favorite PPV every year, because, even without title matches, it puts the personalities that we all work on and write for center-stage and forces them to push against each other for a top spot. It’s collaboration, it’s competition, it makes for an amazing match every year.

Honorable Mention: Relentless, March Madness

Roleplay of the Year

A Deal is a Deal by Doctor Louis D’Ville

Sometimes when you setup a match for months, as Dock and Bobby did for Relentless, it can be hard for the storytelling the week of to match all the setup and building you’d done leading up to the match.

…And sometimes, when you’re as good as Dock is, you just effortlessly knock it out of the park lol.

I’d write more, but I’ll instead quote Dock’s opponent that RP.

Quote:Ever read someone's RP and immediately think "Damn, I fucking lost!"? Yeah, that.
- Bobby Bourbon

Honorable Mentions:
Dolly Waters -  Manifest Victory
Atara Raven - Farewell Savage
Sarah Lacklan - The Restoration of Anarchy Part III - SarTalk
Silent No More Part 2 AND Part 3 - Thunder Knuckles
Thaddeus Duke - The Week That Was
Mark Flynn - How Does SUCCESS™ Feel?

Biggest OOC Moment

The New RP Rules

Yep. Since we’ve shifted rules to 1RP / 4K words, we’ve seen many more talented competitors swing through the Land of X-Treme to give it a shot. Not only has it shifted the approaches of our longtime vets, but this change definitely made the fed more accessible to a bevy of wonderful people and that is worth celebrating.

Honorable Mention: Thad Takes Over Madness

Brand of the Year

Warfare

THE MAIN SHOW TAKES THE TOP SPOT! Warfare stood unrivaled in quality of cards this year, showcasing huge matches throughout the year and being a launching pad for Dionysus and his epic Television Title run! With multiple PPV quality cards and a captivating match show after show, it was hard to top. While we saw a surprising push of support for both Thursday Night Anarchy and Monday Night Madness, Warfare continues to be the XWF’s flagship brand, and for that, it takes top spot!

Honorable Mention: Thursday Night Anarchy, Madness, Spooky Savage

Tag Team of the Year

Just Us League

This was the biggest lay-up vote of the year. You can’t stack anyone against the Just-Us League’s 2023 year. No other team truly embodied the spirit of collaboration the way Atomic Bat and Blue Tango did, cranking out entertaining RPs like clockwork. They absolutely crushed every opponent that came their way and had a 200+ day tag-title run. Beyond that, their presentation style was beautiful and tone-perfect with their team’s theme and their storytelling was next level.

Honorable Mention: B.o.B.

Newcomer of the Year

Dionysus

Speaking of people who had a monster 2023, It’s crazy to remember Dion only started here last year. Two TV title runs and an X-Treme Title reign! Some people go years without carrying a belt, and Dionysus has three reigns in his first year! AND we have the PPV he won the theming rights to at Fire & Ice coming right around the corner after March Madness! While Dion has many faces, they all were picking up wins all throughout 2023!

Honorable Mentions: Sean Parker, Sidney Grey, Roger

Returning Star of the Year

B.o.B. D

Not only was Big D’s return, a (Big D)eal. But to have him return aligned with B.o.B., the stable he’d spent his last run feuding with regularly, trying to foil Miss Fury’s many efforts to take over Anarchy, was heart-breaking! D had a stellar run with the X-Treme Title, sneaking it off Mark Flynn, where he almost (Via DQ and several matches where he didn’t take the pin in a trios match) very nearly backdoored his way to a briefcase! Big D had a monster year in the X-Treme division, and was an integral part of the always entertaining B.o.B. May his 2024 be even Bigger! …D.

Honorable Mention: Dock, Thunder Knuckles, Kieran King, Centurion

OOC Handler of the Year

Thaddeus Duke

Thad is, undoubtedly, one of e-fedding biggest personalities. Always controversial, always at the top of year-end lists, (both ‘year-end’ lists and people’s ‘dream match lists’... and certain people’s hit lists, haha). Thad is a champion of the game and an ambassador across many different feds. He’s always put the best foot of the XWF forward in his travels by being both insanely talented and a blast to work with wherever he goes. We are elated AND ecstatic to have Thad back, in the announcer’s booth and in whatever capacity he may see fit!

Honorable Mention: Theo Pryce, Thunder Knuckles, Bobby Bourbon, Mark Flynn

Match of the Year

Doctor Louis D’Ville vs Bobby Bourbon

Dock and Bobby was the quintessential XWF feud. It’s the core of what makes this place great. Two competitors slow-burning a feud for months. Playing with fantastical time-travel, multi-dimensional narratives. Bobby and Dock were constantly shown fighting backstage on Warfare, then both having no idea about it the next minute. It was a mystery, it was a science-fiction fantasy, it was a bloodfeud, it was a story of redemption and return to form, it was a story of someone looking to cement their legacy by beating one of the greats.

It was everything that a great story can be, everywhere, all at once. Across multiple timelines. And it truly made Relentless must-read content.

Honorable Mention:
Relentless - Thunder Knuckles vs Corey Smith
March Madness Bobby Bourbon vs Mark Flynn
WarGames - The WarGames Final
Relentless - Ned Kaye vs Chris Page
Relentless - Kevin Mears vs Sean Parker
Leap of Faith - Thunder Knuckles vs Corey Smith

Brand MVP (one per show)

Warfare

Mark Flynn

Go fuck yourself, I’m not writing a paragraph of nice things about myself. How self-indulgent do you think I am?

…Uh… Thanks, though. Much appreciated.

Weasel McGee(XWF Guest Analyst): Mark Flynn started the year being a man of labels and catchphrases and ended it as a man constantly defying the expectations a lifetime of questionable behavior have afforded him. No one wrestler has had such an engaging on-screen arc that was so tied to his amazing Warfare appearances. Whether it be winning the tags with Bobby Bourbon or going toe-to-toe with Doc D’Ville, Mark has proved himself more than just a King of Midcarders, but an icon of Warfare.

Honorable Mention:
Bobby Bourbon
Micheal Graves
Thunder Knuckles

Anarchy

EDWARD

EDWARD dominate Anarchy.

EDWARD hold top belt on Thursday nights for almost 200 days.

EDWARD win Audio Show Battle Royal, earning sleeper candidate for match of the year when EDWARD take on TK for Uni Shiny.

EDWARD is the epitome what make Thursday nights so fucking Anarchy and we love him for it.

Honorable Mention:
Roger
Sidney Grey

Madness

Sean Parker

Madness MVP Write-Up Guest Written by Theo Pryce!

Quote:From the moment Sean Parker showed up on Madness during the Thad Duke era it was clear he was a force to be reckoned with. Parker climbed the ladder through hard work and dedication and while he did not claim any titles during the brands run there is no doubt that he would have had it not gone on hiatus. Behind the scenes Sean put in a ton of work to help guarantee excellent and timely results. Sean Parker wrote and continues to write some of the best matches you will ever seen and that is why he was named the Madness brand MVP. Because he was an absolute ace in and out of character.

Honorable Mention
Myra Rivers
Kieran King
Da Bing Bong Twinnnnnz

Spooky Savage

Gator

Spooooooooky Gator.

Most Improved
Isaiah King

What a goddamned year for the King. It seems like every other week in 2023, King was knocking off a huge name. The kind of person that never loses all year, King was making mincemeat of on a biweekly basis. Corey Smith, Thunder Knuckles, Raion Kido, Bobby Bourbon… Put prey in front of his crosshairs and the man doesn’t miss.

King’s trashtalk is like putting a wrestler through a Ninja blender and setting it to puree. Just, all that’s left is shreds and juice when he’s done. His storytelling has come so far and he’s still growing week-to-week! An absolute killer who will go down as one of the greats when all is said and done.

BEST WRESTLER WHO WALKS TO THE RING AND DOES A BIT OF THE OL’ TUSSLE AND GRAPPLE AND SOMETIMES GET THE THREE AND SOMETIMES GETS PINNED BUT ALL-IN-ALL IS NEVER ONE TO WEAR OUT HIS WELCOME ON THE BRAND THAT TAKES PLACE ON THE DAY AFTER WEDNESDAYS

Roger

Thank you for listening to my award category.

Best Return-on-Investment

BarnCoin

The gift that keeps on giving. TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

In Memorium Section

In the XWF, we never say goodbye. We say ‘see you later’. It’s possible given our growing understanding of multiple timelines that these people will all come back.

But, for now, they’re missing. And heavily presumed dead. And for that, we honor their memory…

Unless they’re not dead. And just working in another company. In which case, they’re dead to me.

Ham Sandwich

[Image: imageedit-1-2092154567.jpg]

Cause of Death: Heart Disease

Victor the Judge Mental

[Image: AMERICAN-BUFFALO-L.-Fishburne-Cropped.png]

“Only God Can Judge Me” - Victor's Gravestone

Chad GPT

[Image: imageedit-3-6732046067.jpg]

Error 404: Personality Not Found

Y’ALL KNOW WHO

[Image: image1.PNG.jpeg]

We really didn’t.

Elon Musk

[Image: original.jpg]

Cause of Death: Ham Sandwich

And this brings us to the final award of 2023...

Star of the Year
Bobby Bourbon

Bobby Bourbon was Universal champion for six minutes of 2023, nearly immediately losing the top title the moment he obtained it to the "Lady King" Sidney Grey.

Bobby Bourbon didn’t win WarGames this year.

Bobby Bourbon didn't win his marquee match at Relentless and, in fact, lost a briefcase as a result of that match when he didn’t have to put it up at all.

Bobby Bourbon also was consistently, week-in and week-out, the most entertaining motherfucker on the boards.

Consistently hilarious, absolutely unparalleled chaotic absurdity in his RPs. And his goal every single time, is to be as fun as possible. To make the game as fun as it can be for everyone. And to make decisions that elevate the fed.

Bobby Bourbon. XWF Star of the Year 2024. How could you pick anybody else?

Honorable Mention: Thunder Knuckles, Ned Kaye, Mark Flynn
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Peter Principle's post:
Jett Sterling (02-20-2024), Ned Kaye (02-20-2024), Prince Adeyemi (02-20-2024), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (02-20-2024), Roger (02-20-2024), Sean Parker (02-20-2024), Theo Pryce (02-19-2024)
Roger Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

02-20-2024, 11:21 AM

Hello everyone my name is Roger and i just want to take time to have a say of a thank you to all of the wonderful people in my life who had a give of a helping hand to make this moment come true and i would especially like to thank my lovely mother for holding me in her warm and delicious tummy for 9 months oh so many moons ago and i would also like to have a thank of my charming father for also being inside my mother's tummy and redecorating the place for it to be cosey for me and i would also like to thank that bitch Joseph Gordon-Levitt for giving me the drive to end all evil and make more rainbows and i would lime to have a thank of all of you for not being so loud when i would do my wrestles so i didn't get spooked because it has really made me more braver nowadays and i would like to thank Molly the Barnes who i think i kind of hate but she showed me the deadly force of the new maneuver i had a learn of where i throw my head at evildoers and then celebrate and she also helped me reunite with Humongous Molly who the only things humongous about her now are her love for me and her tummy that i made comfortable for my wee baby to live in just like my papa before me and finally i would like to thank my pet rabbit Elmer for being so brave and so sweet and for being the best friend a guy from foggy london could ask for.

Thank you for listening to my acceptance speech.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Roger's post:
Ned Kaye (02-20-2024), Peter Principle (02-20-2024), Prince Adeyemi (02-20-2024)
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-20-2024, 07:11 PM

Cheers lads, it was a good year!

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prince Adeyemi's post:
Ned Kaye (02-21-2024)