Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 03:26 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Gift: RP #5
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-17-2017, 02:47 PM

Sunday, December 25, 2016 | 9:41 AM Local Time | The Illuminatus Compound | Old Saybrook, Connecticut

Thaddeus Duke relaxes from the former abode of his grandfather. He sits in a black leather recliner with his feet propped up. On his head, a Turtle Beach headset. In his hands, a PlayStation 4 controller. In front of him, mounted upon the wall is a 70 inch flat screen television.

”What game are we playing?” Thaddeus asks into his headset.

”It’s called No Man’s Sky,” James replies from some other location in the Compound.

”Why can’t I see myself and what the hell am I doing?” asks Thaddeus, already a bit irritated.

James laughs a little before answering, ”it’s first person. And you have to shoot objects with your mining beam to gather materials to fix your star ship that you just crashed.”

”I wouldn’t crash my ship, Jim.”

”Really? What about Poland?” asks James, referring to the time during the air fight over Poland when Thaddeus’ jet lost its controls. The Prince had to eject.

”I thought we agreed to not mention that again.”

”Well it happened.”

”Okay, after I fix my ship, then what?”

”You can keep exploring, or leave this planet and go on to the next.”

”And do what?”

”Mine for more minerals.”

”What for?”

James sighs, ”to keep traveling through the universe.”

Thaddeus falls silent for a moment. ”What’s the goal to this game?”

Now James is silent for a moment, ”to reach the center of the universe I think.

“Did you talk to your dad?”

”What the fuck is that thing?

“Yeah. He wasn’t very happy. Made threats, asked questions about trust, that sort of thing.”

”Describe it.”

”Looks like a flying robot camera.”

”It’s a...

”Fucking Christ it just killed me!”

”...Sentinel.

“Watch out for those. If you take too many resources, they’ll watch you and attack.”

”Fucking asshole robot.”

”Go find your grave and get all your shit back.

“What did Ariana have to say?”

”You can die and come back?

“Just like real life.

“Well sorta.

“She was honest with him. Explained some things in a way that I don’t think he’d considered previously.”

”So he’s gonna leave her be?”

”I can’t store anymore shit in my suit.

“For now, I guess. I suspect he’ll be around a lot more. Might not see him so much as feel his presence. King of Darkness and all that.”

”Transfer stuff from your suit to your ship inventory. Tap the pad, highlight the item and hit triangle.

“He loves the shadows. It’d be creepy if you didn’t know him.”

”I do know him. And its still creepy.

“I think I have what I need to fix my stupid star ship. Now what do I do?”

”Fix your ship, explore the planet, leave, whatever you want to do.

“What’s Ariana doing?”

”Tending to business on her phone or something. At least that’s what she was doing when I came back here.

“Here’s the kicker though, you know how she killed Jake right? She was the shooter in the Germany plot.”

”Yeah, I’m still shocked about that one.”

”I didn’t know it at the time, but I put her up in Jake’s old room.”

”Shit,” James laughs. ”That had to have gone over like a fart in church.”

”Well space looks kinda cool. Except I keep running into asteroids and meteors.

“Yeah, I actually apologized, because I wasn’t even aware he had a private room. Most of the guys sleep in bunks.”

”Shoot the rocks with X.

“It was Jake. Your dads best-friend and top adviser. It’s easy to assume he’d have preferential treatment.

“I should have stuck around for that. Your father… he can strike fear in anyone without saying a single word.”

”I assume that’s a space station. How the hell do I get into it?

“It was uncomfortable at best. It wasn’t pleasant. As much as I talk shit on him, he’s still a human. Has feelings, and he’s still not over Jake’s loss. I felt terrible.”

”Look for the blue glow and just fly towards it. It’ll just kind of suck you in.

“How did he threaten her?”

”This game is purgatory. Not good. Not bad. It just kind of exists.

“He went all Liam Neeson.”

James laughs a little then starts imitating Liam Neeson, ”I will hunt you down. I will find you. And I will kill you.”

“I love when Papa Bear gets all protective,” James says, returning to his natural voice.

”You think he’s protective of me? Try eating his porridge,” the Prince jokes.

”Oh and he outed me in front of Ariana. That was a little embarrassing.”

”He told her you’re gay?”

”Fuck off,” says the Prince with a laugh. ”He told her I thought she was gorgeous.”

”Oh there’s no thinking. She’s… just wow

“Oh hey, Happy Birthday. I got you something.”

”Thank you.

“Take it back. You know I don’t like receiving gifts.

“I’m done with this game. If I wanted purgatory I’d join the Church.”

”I’ll be over in a minute.

“You’ll appreciate this one.”

Thaddeus switches off the console and stands up. He looks around the small, newly redecorated house once occupied by his grandfather. The only remaining remnant of his grandfathers time here, is the arm chair he sat in. It occupies the corner near the front window. Everything else is either changed or new. Carpet covers the once bare wooden floors. The hatch leading to Asmodeus’ laboratory is now operated by remote control. The once dark and dingy brown wooden walls are now coated in white paint to liven things up. Fake plants strewn about in strategic places gives the small house an actual home appeal.

The future leader of the Illuminatus plops down in his grandfathers old chair. Moments later, Jim enters the house through the front door carrying a small, rectangular wrapped box.

”My nigga,” Jim says with a smile as he tosses the box into Thaddeus’ lap.

Thaddeus eyes him suspiciously. ”You know I don’t like gifts. We’re friends but, sometimes I have to draw a line. You’re also a subordinate.”

”Oh fuck off with that. Just open the god damn thing.”

Thaddeus relents and tears the wrapping from the package. As he reveals the box beneath the paper he starts to laugh a little. ”Really Jim? A fleshlight?”

”I figured you’d like it. Open the box.”

Thaddeus eyes his friend, knowing something is up. He opens the box to reveal not a fleshlight, but another smaller, more square box inside. ”What’s this Jim?”

James doesn’t answer. He elects instead to watch as Thaddeus opens the smaller box to reveal a small jewelry box, like one you’d get if you bought a ring from a jeweler. The young Prince opens the jewel case and is floored immediately. His eyes redden.

”Grandfather’s ring.” The golden ring shines bright. On its surface is an oval shaped onyx background. Attached atop the onyx, is the red iron cross of the Illuminatus, made entirely of rubies. Thaddeus picks the ring up and kisses the iron cross before sliding the ring onto his right ring finger. ”Thank you,” he says while looking up toward his friend.

”Where’s the fleshlight though?”

James laughs lightheartedly. ”In my night stand.”

Thaddeus laughs while removing the ring from his finger. He places it back in its case and holds his arm out to Jim, ”Do me a favor and put that in the top desk drawer over by you.”

Jim reaches for the ring box and grabs it. After turning around, he opens the drawer and places the ring box inside. Something inside the drawer catches his eye. It’s an older Polaroid photograph sticking out slightly beneath a manilla folder. The letters ‘Ja’ are all that’s visible on the white margin. He slides the photo out and reads the margin: Jacob Anderson Turns Age 17 - April 19, 2000

He stares at the picture for a few moments before turning his head to Thaddeus who seems to be deep in thought and staring into space. Jim takes the photo from where it rests and turns to face Thaddeus who remains oblivious. Looking at Jacob’s face, his blue eyes and blond hair.

He leans back against the drawer, closing it. Jim slides the picture into his back pocket. His heart pounds out of his chest as he’s left with only one thought: the resemblance is uncanny.

...PRESENT DAY...

Micheal Graves has seen fit to question my true motives for my initial silence leading into this match. The Dark Worrier has now resorted to trying to rationalize his actions and his own words versus my inaction by questioning whether or not it is within well reasoned thought to rile an opponent on a battle field prior to battle. I can only answer that by saying that I’ve already won this battle of words. He refers to it as my master plan to get him angry. The reality is that it was nothing more than strategic silence. It never was any sort of master plan as he calls it. All I did was stay silent, knowing his patience would run out eventually and he’d trip and stumble.

If Michael Graves had any understanding of military planning, he’d know that silence is frightening. If your enemy is silent, that typically means something big is imminent. It puts your forces on high alert. Michael Graves did not go on high alert. He went into attack mode, like I knew he would. He went on a tangent, like I knew he would, about being disrespected and how much he doesn’t like being disrespected and went on and on at some length about how much he admires my ability. He carried on about his own self doubt and his own fears that he’s not good enough to compete with today’s XWF.

Here’s the news flash: I am today’s XWF. Think about that.

My “master plan” to rile you up has been an overwhelming success. You’re not going to beat me Graves, but I know you will have learned your lesson by the time the closing bell rings. After you’ve lost to me, you’ll go on to your next opponent, better for having done so.

The game, Graves, is the same as its ever been, however the rules have changed. If you want to be like The Brand, or The Braid as you call him, and never lose a match, perhaps you should stick to facing people like Franchise Graves for the rest of your miserable career. I know that’s all the Brand ever did to achieve his stardom. It’d work to a point I suppose. I said the rules have changed, and those rules are simple. In order to achieve fame and greatness in today’s Xtreme Wrestling Federation, you better come with your A game each and every time out. And to this point, Graves, you haven’t done that. Not against me, you haven’t. I don’t care if you respect me or disrespect me. I don’t care if you like me or don’t like me. I don’t care if you doubt yourself in today’s XWF. I don’t care if you fear that you might not have what it takes. If I don’t care, why would anyone else?

Stick to what matters. Stick to Micheal Graves and why he feels he should even be here. Forget the past, Graves. What happened ten years ago in an inferior time in the history of this company, truly doesn’t matter. Until you can see that, you’ll keep on getting set up and knocked down by those in today’s XWF. Just like I have done to you. You say it still counts today. Statistically, yes. But no one cares about it. If you want to relive your past glory, there’s archival footage that will allow you to do so. Your past here, matters not, to your future. I’m sure it must hurt a little inside to hear that. That’s okay. It’s only natural for a star of the past to come back after significant time away and want to reclaim that former glory. Except all those players are gone, Mike.

There’s no one left.

It’s just you.

Micheal Graves, party of one.

I haven’t beaten anyone of note, in Mike’s mind, yet I do recall a victory over the now former Television champion, Thomas Nixon. I recall a victory over Luca Arzegotti who was a staple of this federation for years. I recall just last Warfare beating the Radical Gabe Reno, who is admittedly only great in his own mind, but nevertheless, it put me in position to challenge for the Xtreme title.

If I’m so insignificant, Micheal Graves, which you didn’t come outright and say but you’re definitely intimating when mentioning that in your mind I haven’t beaten anyone of importance, then why does Chris Chaos, the Universal Champion, utter my name? Why does Thomas Nixon still utter my name almost two months after he and I battled? It’s because I’m a star in the making and everyone, including you, knows it.

Why does no one mention you? Because you just don’t matter yet. But hey, after Wednesday, they’ll talk about you too. Because you were in a match with Thaddeus Duke that stole the show. They’ll remember you lost, but at least now they’ll remember you.

Mike thinks I’m trying to spin my loss to D’Ville into a win. I’m doing no such thing. I have owned that loss. I wear that loss like a badge of honor. I’d rather lose to Doc every day of the week than beat jackasses like Gabe Reno. Why? Because Doc means something and Reno never will. I do consider it a moral victory, so maybe that’s why you think I’m spinning it. I came out of that loss better for having done so. More enlightened for having done so. Just like you will do Wednesday night when you lose to me. You’ll be better for it. You’ll have been enlightened in order to better compete in todays XWF landscape. Somewhere down the road he and I will spar again. And I’ll be far better prepared. And he won’t win next time.

If there’s any other good thing for you that will come out of this match with me, it’s that you have renewed your passion for this business. And you’re welcome.

If someday you capture XWF gold again, I hope you’ll thank me. I hope you’ll remember just who it was that truly brought you back to the dance.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
(01-17-2017)