Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 06:23 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
This Isn't A Stepping Stone
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

12-20-2016, 03:54 PM

The scene opens up to Steve Sayors standing in front of a wall covered in the XWF logo. Steve is dressed in his typical attire, a suit and tie. He holds an XWF microphone in hand, and he seems ready to shoot out his regular opening line.

“Hello, XWF Fans! Thanks for joining me for this XWF.com exclusive interview! Today, I will be joined by XWF’s current Television Champion, Thomas Nixon!”

The camera zooms out a bit, as Thomas Nixon walks into the frame to the right of Steve. Nixon wears a gray v neck shirt and blue jeans. His hair is slicked back, as per usual, and his championship belt is draped around his right shoulder.

“It’s a pleasure to be here, Steve.”

“A lot has happened since your last XWF interview. At Wild Card Weekend, you came out victorious in the four way match for the vacant XWF Television Championship. Last Saturday, you and Reno went the distance, and it was deemed a time limit draw. As a result, you are still the champion. What’s running through your head after those two matches?”

Steve extends the microphone to Nixon, as Nixon leans forward into the center of the frame.

“I have a lot on my mind and a lot to run my mouth about, so bear with me, Steve. I want to start with the Wild Card Match. I went out to the ring, and I came out as champion. As impressive as that is, I want to remind the fans and the other wrestlers in the back about what happened in the actual match. I pinned three men; all three other men that were in the match. I eliminated Barney Green. I eliminated Jakob Davis. And I eliminated Broken Hart. Fair and square in the middle of the ring, I dominated all three of those men.

I just want to emphasize that because I feel like the belt that I’m holding doesn’t have the respect it deserves. People in the XWF don’t necessarily take the Television Championship seriously. This belt has been hot shotted around, and it seems like a lot of people get shots at the title that they haven’t earned.

So I want to make a statement right now, and I want everybody listening to take note. I’m going to elevate this championship to the heights that it deserves. Too many wrestlers in the XWF look at every belt as a stepping stone to the Universal Championship. It wasn’t too long ago that Dolly Waters was thinking about trading in the Hart Championship for a shot at the X-Treme Championship.

I’m not going to treat this championship poorly. I don’t want to cash it in for something bigger. I want to make this belt into something bigger. I want people to scrap and claw for a shot at the beauty that I have over my shoulder. I’m going to make sure people know that this belt has meaning.

That starts with tearing the house down in my title matches. I’m not the biggest fan of Gabe Reno, but we put on one hell of a show for the XWF fans. He put up a better fight than I could’ve imagined. I thought I knocked his lights out a couple of times, but he kept fighting. Near the end of the match, we were both lying down in the ring. With the time limit close to expiring, I rolled to the floor and killed a bit of time.

That’s not because I’m a coward or a cheat. It’s because this belt means something to me. I wasn’t going to take a crazy risk and pull one over with 15 seconds left. The smart way to keep my hands on the gold was to run out the clock. So I did. All because this championship matters to me.”

Nixon pauses to pat the belt on his shoulder, so Sayors briefly interrupts.

“Moving on to this week’s match, what do you think about Broken-“

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Steve. We almost glossed over what Reno did after the match. I just want to make a quick comment.” Nixon interrupts, and Sayors nods, slightly apologetic.

“After I retained my belt, fair and square, Gabe Reno had the nerve to deck me with the gold. Now, I’m not going to go on some long winded rant. I just wanted to point out that Reno’s actions reinforced everything bad I said about him leading up to our match.

Reno was a great competitor in our match, but he couldn’t accept the fact that he didn’t win. He had a childish tantrum, so he could get his little moment where he holds up the belt imagining he’s the champion. He had to get the last laugh and feed his fragile ego.

That’s fine. You can let your inner thirteen year old dictate your actions. The bottom line is you didn’t beat me. If you wanted this belt, you had to make me submit or pin me in fifteen minutes. You failed to do that. So you have no claim to get your hands on me again anytime soon. I don’t need revenge because I did what I needed to do. I kept the gold. I’m not going to avenge your childish outburst by giving you another chance. Go earn something. The last time I checked, you haven’t won a match in quite a few weeks.”

Nixon pauses and looks to Sayors, signaling that he can move on.

“Once again you are putting the Television Championship on the line, this time against Broken Hart. What do you think of this match up?”

Nixon sighs, before he begins.

“I have mixed thoughts on this bout. On one hand, I wrestled Hart at Wild Card Weekend. He was in the four way match, and I pinned him, taking him out of the match. He hasn’t had much success lately in XWF, and the only reason he got this match is because he’s been putting out cryptic videos and taking about a revolution that he wants to begin. His whole rant is a crock of shit. Hart can’t succeed in the ring. His team failed to get the win last Saturday, and he hasn’t beaten anybody.

He even made a fool of himself in the locker room, when he tried to pin the wrong person backstage. He seems like an autistic loser that perceives himself as a lot more cool and bad ass than he really is. He even crashed Night One of Wild Card Weekend. After the main event, he cut a promo to the crowd about how he’s going to change the XWF. I bet everyone packed up their stuff and went home after the X-Treme title match, and they didn’t think twice about listening to some nobody rant. And after he took the final segment slot of a show, I simply pinned him in the Television Title Match without much difficulty. He’s all talk and no action.

For that reason, I don’t think that he’ll put up much of a fight.

With that being said, I don’t want to go into this match overconfident. I have my worries. It would be easy for me to stand here and say that I will dispose of him with ease, just like when I won the belt. But I have a worry. I have the worry that deep down, Broken Hart has the urge to prove himself. He has the desire to finally back up his words with actions. I think that he wants to make a statement by trying to pull a quick one on me.

He’s been counting down to the thirty-first of this month. I can’t tell you his plan, but when he goes to deliver his big message and make an impact, he will look a lot more credible holding this belt. I’m not going to take him lightly because it takes three seconds to win a match. I’m going to train and prepare like he’s a high caliber opponent. That’s what a champion does.

I take this title seriously, and I take competition seriously. We all have something to prove in XWF, but we are playing a zero sum game. Whenever there’s a winner, there’s a loser. That’s how I stand out. I haven’t been pinned or submitted by anybody in the locker room. That’s not something that Broken Hart or most people in XWF can say.

I hope he brings his A game because I want to give the fans a show. Either way, I’ll be ready.”

Once again, Nixon pats the belt on his shoulder. He thanks Steve with a nod, as the scene fades to black.

The scene opens up to a dark gray room, likely a garage of some kind. The room is small, but a few filing cabinets take up space along one of the four walls. A wooden desk takes up another large segment of the room, and hoisted on the wall above the desk is a bulletin board that stretches several feet wide. Numerous pieces of paper, images, newspapers, and index cards, are pinned to the bulletin board. Strings connects some of the tacks to one another, hinting that certain pictures or stories are related.

Thomas Nixon sits at the desk with his head in his hands. Over the last several minutes, he has curiously studied two particular segments of the board.

One of the segments, shows pictures of Donald Trump and his recent cabinet pick all connected by string. More detailed stories are attached to the chain, revealing Mike Pence’s ties to the agricultural committee in congress.

Nixon looks at this section with hope. Deep down, he truly believes that a golden age for the lizard people is nearing. With a new administration in power, the lizard people may finally be able to make their presence clear. They have the capability to start over, and he hopes the government will not seek to alienate or attack his kind.

It is only a little over a month until the inauguration, and that means he only has to keep himself from contacting his family and friends for another month. This is a wave of relief, but it isn’t wholehearted. He’s worried that things won’t go off without a hitch. Something bad can still happen. But if he can keep the gold, he should be able to use any media attention to shed light on the lizard people, like he did on the Tony Kornheiser Show.

Speaking of gold, Nixon’s mind was also wondering off regarding the future of PATROL. All four members currently hold gold, but Jervis doesn’t seem to be in good condition. After being brutally attacked by Chris Chaos, none of PATROL has heard from him. It seems that he may be injured for much longer than expected.

But PATROL can’t simply forfeit the belts. We need a solution. We might have to start looking for a replacement. Hopefully, Benito and Guppy can get on board for that. One of the up and coming XWF stars might be interested, but we need to resolve this fast. I might have to bring in someone else from the inside. Maybe a true lizard person. No, let’s not get crazy. I don’t think we’ll need that.

But Ronnie Cage, David Stone, and Brandon Moore haven’t gone unnoticed. We need to find a suitable replacement before they gun for our gold. PATROL will hold strong, and we will hold onto gold indefinitely. The trios titles aren’t going anywhere, and the Television Championship sure as hell won’t be in Broken Hart’s hands.

The scene fades out, as Nixon continues to contemplate the future of PATROL and the lizard people.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
(12-20-2016), Broken Hart (12-20-2016), Dolly Waters (12-24-2016), JimCaedus (12-24-2016)