Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:02 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Wild Card Weekend Night 2 RP Board
Unity and Vengeance - Part 3
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

12-09-2016, 05:24 PM

The Tony Kornheiser show is a daily podcast that airs from an undisclosed third floor location in Washington, DC. Technically, the show is a sports podcast although guests and conversations often take the hosts far off topic. The typical cast of the show is Tony Kornheiser, a sports writer that appears on ESPN television show “Pardon the Interruption”, Chris Saliza, and Michael Kornheiser. A few other people chime in the background, but they are quiet during the following interview. We join the hour long daily podcast about half way into the show.

“Today, we have a unique guest, so let me give you folks some context about this before we bring him on. Apparently there is a wrestling company called XWF, and the wrestlers, I believe, are absolutely insane. It’s not WWE because they apparently really beat each other up. But it’s also not like that dumb UFC kick fighting that I can’t stand.” Tony started.

“Yes, Tony. Only a couple weeks ago, a teenage girl legitimately broke a man’s arm during a match.” Michael added.

“Michael, tell them about the videos you made me watch. Real quick before we bring our guest on. The ones that were on the Twitter machine that you showed me.”

“Our guest today, is Thomas Nixon. He wrestles for XWF and he just started competing about a month ago. Before his first match, he addressed the XWF audience. He told them that he was fighting to bring attention to the oppression of the lizard people. He –“

“Lizard people? Did I hear that right?” Saliza interrupts rudely.

“Yes. He said that the government has been oppressing lizard people for decades. Apparently Nixon is very serious about helping the lizard people, and it has kind of gone viral.” Michael concluded.

“Wow. That is something.”
Saliza added.

“Great, so let’s get Thomas Nixon on. Are you there Thomas?”

“Yeah, I’m on, Tony.”

“XWF wrestler, Thomas Nixon is live on the phone with us today from Philadelphia. How are you Thomas?”

“I’m doing great, Tony. Before we get started, I just want to say I’m a loyal little, and I really am happy to talk to the bald, orange man that I listen to every day on the pod.”

Although Nixon isn’t truly a fan of the Tony Kornheiser Show, he knew that it would be smart to start off the conversation with some of the show’s inside jokes. He did his research. Like he expected, this got a laugh out of the show’s cast, before Tony began conducting the interview.

“That’s great, Thomas. So we were just talking about your unique inspiration to become a wrestler in XWF, do you care to elaborate on this? What brought you to XWF?”

“So, I’ve seen a lot of bad stuff in my life. I’ve seen the oppression of a group of people that is absolutely disgusting. I know that regular folks would think I’m an absolute maniac if I tried to get on CNN and talk about the oppression of lizard people. As an athlete, I chose to take my skills to a place where I can channel my frustration. In the XWF, I want people to understand the issue of the lizard people’s oppression, and I can use my passion on the issue to propel me to the top of XWF’s ranks.”

“Just to clarify, you’re being 100% serious. You genuinely believe that lizard people not only exist but they are being oppressed by the United States government?”

“I don’t just believe it, I know it. I’ve interacted with lizard people. I understand how our government has hurt them.”

“Well as a rational human being, excuse me for not taking your word for it. You sound very serious and very passionate and I like that. That’s why I’m a sports writer. People love teams that they can get behind and root for. We love underdogs. Do you think it matters if people actually believe what you’re saying? Does that impact how you’re perceived by fans?”

“Well I think that some people believe me and some don’t. I agree with you, Tony. If I can get people to cheer for me, I hope that they’ll realize that I’m not a joke. When they see I’m serious and passionate, they will realize that I’m not making this up. But until I can prove it to them, I just want to make an impact and make myself known to as many people as possible. If people root for me and really love watching me win, then they’ll tell their friends and more people will hear my political message.”

“I don’t think it matters if people believe your words. I heard the crowd cheering for you because you were so intense with your words. In my opinion, I could see and feel the intensity when you talk. That means something to me. That’s what brings in the ratings, and I bet the XWF is happy with you for being so passionate. So tell us about your upcoming match. You’re wrestling for some belt? One of those big championships belts, right?”

“Tony, I’m wrestling three other XWF athletes for the XWF Television Championship. These kinds of matches are crazy and intense. Whenever there are more than two guys in the ring, matches in the XWF get chaotic. There’s a lot to enjoy because the four of us are going to scrap and claw to try and win a championship. This is my first shot at a championship in XWF and I’m willing to put my body on the line to get a win.”

“That sounds interesting. All of my listeners know that I really hate the kick fighting stuff that’s popular right now. I don’t want to watch two guys throw kicks and walk in circles. You’re saying this is completely different?”

“Oh yeah, Tony. I’m sure you’d enjoy this. It’s absolute madness and chaos most the time, and I’d recommend giving XWF a shot this weekend. Wrestlers hold nothing back here. We aren’t afraid to risk our careers whether it be getting slammed on our necks or trying to break our opponent’s arms. I’m going to do what it takes to win the belt on something, and wrestlers here can’t circle the ring until time runs out. We don’t have judges calling the shots. It makes great action, and I’m happy to be a part of it.”

“Thank you so much, Thomas. This has been an interesting take on a sport that we don’t really cover and our listeners probably didn’t know much about us. Before you sign off, give us some plugs.”

“Thanks, Tony. You can watch Wednesday Night Warfare and Saturday Night Savage on regular TV, and Wild Card Weekend will be both Saturday and Sunday Night this weekend on Pay Per View. My match will be on the second night, but both shows look spectacular. Thanks you so much, Tony.”

Thomas hangs up the phone and takes a deep breath, satisfied with the interview. He knew the segment would be short, and he was able to get his point across perfectly. For a brief time, his reach expanded beyond XWF, and he spoke to normal people about the oppression of the lizard people.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post