Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Wild Card Weekend Night 2 RP Board
Course of Action
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Monday, November 28, 2016 | 7:42 AM Local Time | Borgia Tower | Vatican City

It is quite odd to think that the long war between the Illuminatus and the Catholic Church could create allies of the two groups. It was a bitter war that had lasted for centuries. With the conflict cooling off, it was only a matter of time before one of two things happened. Either one, something would happen that stoked the fires of the old war, or two, something would happen that would force the two to join forces.

It is not unheard of. For as long as there have been human beings on this planet, there has always been friendship. There has always been conflict. As long as human beings exist, again, there will be friendships and conflicts.

Rarely though, does a long and ice cold war result in an alliance. But it does happen. For instance, Colonial America fought for their freedom against the worlds most dominant power in Britain. The Colonials were victorious. They’d engage in open conflict again several years later. Today, the two nations are like Paul Heyman and Ozymandias. Or, Ozheymandias, as they prefer. It’s tough to think of one without the other close by.

The Illuminatus Situation Room in the Borgia Tower is abuzz with activity. For the last 72 hours everything they thought they knew, they were checking, checking it again, then rechecking that. The leadership witnessed the beheading of three of their Guardsmen via video. On Friday, during the initial exchange between the Church and the Illuminatus, the first since the sudden death of King Asmodeus, resulted in the revelation that nine men were taken by the Islamic State and ultimately beheaded. Six Catholics. Three Illuminatus.

The King enters the room followed closely by his son. Wherever Thaddeus goes, James Edwards is sure to follow. Sebastian Duke sits at the head of the table. Thaddeus, beside him. James stands behind his Prince. The young Prince, still a child in many ways, plays with his spring loaded dagger contraptions as he awaits the start of the meeting.

”Did you get them sharpened?” the King inquires, remembering the other night at the conclusion of the state dinner, that he had recommended so.

”Of course,” answers the Prince as he rotates the chair he rests in from side to side.

”Then put them away.”

”Why?” No sooner does he ask that and a faint click is heard as he inadvertently trips the trigger sending the dagger flying out and piercing his finger. The boy flinches and sticks his finger in his mouth, sucking off the trickle of blood.

The King grabs the contraptions from his sons hands and slams them down on the table. ”Because they’re instruments of death.

“Idiot.”

”Your Highness,” Matthew, the Illuminatus Intelligence Chief politely interjects, attempting to get the meeting underway. ”I think the first thing we must do, is determine the authenticity of the video we saw.”

”I think it’s pretty obvious what we saw, Matt,” Thaddeus responds as he continues to nurse his still bleeding digit.

”You misunderstand what I mean, my Prince. Yes, it is obvious that nine men were murdered. Three of them were ours.

“Does it not strike anyone odd that there was no sound recorded?”
At once, a hushed conversation begins among the dozen or so men in the room.

”Quiet!” James yells out, hushing the leadership.

”Excuse me, what is your name?” Matthew asks of James, almost appearing to be offended that this lowly guard would speak up.

”His name is James. You can call him Jim if you like,” Thaddeus answers for his friend.

”Yes, but he’s but a guard, my Prince...”

”Very good, Matt. He’s a guard,” the Prince interrupts. ”He’s also my friend and my closest adviser. If he speaks, you might want to listen.”

”I’ve heard enough. Can we get down to the point here?”

”Has the thought occurred to anyone, that this may indeed be a setup perpetrated by the Church?”

”The thought crossed my mind. We knew our guys. But what of theirs?”

”That’s precisely my point. They said that they were Catholics, but did they look Catholic?”

”Did they look Catholic?” James repeats Matthews question, almost mocking him. ”Are you kidding? Catholicism stretches all across the globe. All nationalities. All races. All different skin pigments. For fucks sake, Matt. You look Catholic.”

Matthew doesn’t respond. He looks at the King, and as usual he stares blankly. He turns to Thaddeus who has resumed rotating the chair back and forth, this time with a grin on his face.

”He’s not wrong,” the Prince says to Matthew.

”No. He isn’t. Obviously we don’t trust the Church and I think that’s probably the way we need to approach it. We have to respond. There’s no doubt about that. We don’t let anything go unpunished and we’re not about to start now.

“How are we, financially John?”

At the end of the table, a smallish and nerdy type with rimmed glasses shuffles a few papers around in front of him. ”Well your Highness,” he begins as he pushes his glasses up further onto his nose. ”The cost of war is great. Reconstruction, even greater. There’s no risk as it is now of not staying afloat. But an all out attack, invasion, bombing raids. It’s financially off the table for now.

“It’s just not financially viable at the moment.”

”What about precision strikes?”

”As in?”

”The Islamic State has sleepers all over right?”

”My sources would say that’s extremely likely.”

”What about some small, personal strikes, against their sleepers? How financially viable is that?”

”I suppose that option is wide open. Small strikes against chosen targets by air...”

”Not by air.”

The Illuminatus financial chief stares at his prince in confusion.

”I mean a small team, lead by myself, infiltrating these sleepers and exterminating them one by one. Lest we forget, gentlemen, the Illuminatus Guard is under my command. I’ve lost three men in a time of peace.

“I take that pretty personal.”

”I don’t think..”

”I’m not interested in what you think, Matt. I’m only interested in if we can financially accomplish some small, deeply personal missions.”

”John?”

”I’d say covert missions would be ideal to precision airstrikes.”

”Your Highness, are you really going to allow the Prince to go out in the field to take down sleepers?” Matthew asks of his King, almost disgustedly.

”Go back in time a few years Matthew. When I was in his shoes, and I was losing my men, what did I do?”

The question in response silences Matthew. After all, when the war with the Church was still in its covert stages, the head of the Illuminatus adopted the King of Darkness persona. Within that persona, he was a thorn in the side of the Church. One you couldn’t quite pull out, and as a result, it always festered.

”Get me the Pope.”

Matthew pulls out his laptop and hits some keys. Within seconds, the Pope himself appears on the flat screen on the wall behind them.

”Your Holiness, we’ve discussed the matter at hand.”

”I assumed as much by the very existence of this call, your Highness. What is it you’ve decided?”

”We’ll enter into a covert alliance with your agents, Father.”

The Pope sighs in deep relief. ”That’s absolutely wonderful news.”

”I want to make something perfectly clear before we proceed.”

”I’m all ears.”

”My advisers have expressed concern that this could be a set up. By set up, Father, I mean we know there’s a possibility that the Church is pulling our strings here. If that ends up being the case, I want you to know that I will rain fire and blood upon the Church, it’s priests and parishioners in every corner of this planet.

“Not a single one of you will be safe. Am I clear?”

”It is easy to assume we’d play you like we have in the past. My assurances count for very little, if anything at all. All I can ask of you is a little faith. I know it isn’t easy, my son. Let’s sweep the past aside for the moment and join forces for the good of humanity.”

”It’s obvious the Church is in no position to go it alone. But neither are we. I want your best one or two men on this. Prince Thaddeus will lead your men and ours, from here.

“They say all is fair in love and war. It sure isn’t love, so it must be war. Be prepared to get dirty, Father.”

”I think you know, your Highness, that we know how to get down in the mud.”

With that, the video conference call comes to a close. The King spins in his chair to face his advisers once more.

”Thaddeus, ready your men.”

”I am my men. Well, Jim too.”

”Jim, you best have his back. I don’t trust the Church. They’d kill him just as soon as lay eyes on him.”

”If anyone plans to get to this shit head, they’ll have to go through me first.”

”And if you go down?”

James turns steel eyed. ”I won’t go down.”

”It is my express order, Jim, that if you even suspect that any of them are so much as contemplating stabbing us in the back… you kill them. You bring their head to me so I can gift wrap it and send it to the god damn Pope!”

The King slams his fists into the table as he stands and exits the room.

”He’s a bit high strung.”

”You’ve not been through the things he’s been through, boy!”

James takes exception to the disrespect and shoves the now standing Matthew to the floor with force. ”You’ll show your prince the respect his name deserves. I don’t give a damn who you are. Next time, I won’t be this nice.”

”My Prince, call off your dog!”

Thaddeus whistles. ”Sit boy!” James looks back at Thaddeus when suddenly a Chihuahua jumps in the princes lap, startling him. ”Where the fuck this dog come from?”

”It’s your fathers.”

”My dad has a dog?”

Fade.

I really expected the good Doctor D’Ville would come out and put me in my place. Or at least attempt to. I expected a tongue lashing from one of the very best this business has ever laid its eyes and ears on. There are thousands of memes on the internet comparing expectation versus reality and the point of every one of them is that reality is always a far less desirable outcome than your high expectation.

D’Ville’s focal point of his masterful speech is my age. Yes, Doc. I’m young. If you want to be realistic and true, I legally turn 3 years old on December 25th. My body, my language, my intelligence, everything about me suggests otherwise. Growth plates observed in a medical setting by my late grandfather suggests that I’m a full 15 years north of almost 3. So here we are, heading full speed to Wild Card Weekend where a 17 year old Thaddeus Duke takes on Grandpa Munster in a match that will, quite literally, steal the show.

I’m afraid Doc, that I must correct you on a couple of points. First of all, Dolly Waters is not my girlfriend. She is merely someone, like me, that is young. Like me, she has a desire to leave an indelible mark on this industry. Like me, she wants to go down in history as the best ever. Secondly, I’m three and oh. Not two and oh. If you’re going to rattle off statistics, at least make sure they are accurate ones.

But you’re damn right I track my record. My record is important to me. Winning, especially against a man of Doc’s caliber, proves I belong among the best. Held in the same regard as the best. Or in my own case, one that will one day be regarded as the best. One that draws the crowds and puts the asses in the seats. I’m fully aware that it is unlikely that I will remain undefeated my entire career. Even the best have off days. Am I right Doc?

I’m not negligent to the fact that I haven’t beaten anyone of any value just yet. That will change. I intend to create that change at Wild Card Weekend. I intend to defeat the good Doctor. When I do that, how does that effect perception? As we all know in many ways perception is reality. Would I still be perceived as Sebastian Duke’s “entitled” kid? Or would I begin to buck that perception and begin to be viewed as a legitimate star? One advancing through the ranks on my own merits? How does it affect your stock, Doc? Does yours fall? Or does it merely stay in place, stagnant like your career?

My career is young. While your career slowly dwindles down towards its twilight and draws to its inevitable close, mine is just dawning. I will not accept aspiring to be one of the best. I accept nothing less than to be the absolute best. In order to be the best, I have to beat the best. Is Doctor Louis D’Ville the best? Is he truly the best this company has to offer in terms of greatness? I gather that is up for debate as it’s a subjective question. Survey 100 people and you’d likely receive many different answers as to who is the best. Regardless, it is my own opinion, that Doctor Louis D’Ville is in the top five all time. Right up with those like John Madison and Doc’s own partner, Unknown Soldier.

I’m going to the top, Doc. I’m going to pick this roster apart one by god damn one. The curtain jerkers are behind me. I now turn my attention to someone who has been defeated very few times before. Whether he says it or not, he’s proud of that fact as well he should be.

Doc says I think that I’m better than I really am. In reality, I’m aware of my own weaknesses. Is Doc aware of his? Or is he one that thinks he has no weaknesses. At the end of the day Doc, you are human like the rest of us. Docs biggest glaring weakness is his own ego. He’s beaten so many and lost to so few that he likely thinks it is impossible to lose to a 17 year old kid, even if he doesn’t say it out loud.

Here’s a reality check. I am only as good as the competition that I defeat. Regardless of my needling of the Supreme Commander of Stupidity, aka Vincent Lane, I do know my place. My place right now, is proving my worth. Proving my value to this company. Why do you think Lane made this match? Did he make it because he thought you’d stomp me into the pavement and shut me up? Or did he do it because regardless of his own stupidity, he is smart enough to smell money?

Here’s the answer: he did it because it’s money in the bank. A living legend versus a prodigal son. An established elite top of the card player versus a young upstart that’s far better in the ring than he should be at this age. On we’re on right before the main event, and why? Because Lane knows that Duke and Doc is going to electrify that crowd. He knows that the fans that pay to see this event are going to be white hot for his final match.

Let’s be real here, the Universal title match is last, but Duke and Doc is the real main event. At least here, Doc and I can agree. It has all of the natural building blocks you would want. A wily veteran that has done it all and a phenomenal rookie looking to make a name for himself. Two men that despite their obvious age difference, have everything it takes to blow the roof off of Boardwalk Hall.

It’s Atlantic City. The gaming and gambling capital of the United States east coast. It’s all 7’s across the board. Doc gets number 7, but I hit the jackpot.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(12-04-2016), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-03-2016), Dolly Waters (12-03-2016)