Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Wild Card Weekend Night 1 RP Board
Micheal Graves (vs) Michael Graves RP1
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-25-2016, 06:08 PM

It's been over ten years since Micheal Graves unexpectedly walked away from the XWF. He left behind a auspicious career, and a handful of friends without so much as a word of farewell. Over the years the XWF fans slowly forgot about The Dark Warrior. In time the offers to return to XWF ceased. Nobody knew why Micheal left behind his chosen profession the way he did. He never discharged a statement with any sort of media.

Of course people theorized as to why someone so close to the top, would give it all up. Mounting injuries was one thought that most people seemed to share. Micheal had been known for taking superfluous risk in his career. He once performed a 450 splash from a roof to a dumpster, not exactly something one does to preserve his career.

There was also the feud with his twin brother Sean Graves. All of their skirmishes proved to be brutal, but one in particular went beyond the realm of winning a wrestling match. Sean Graves attempted to mutilate his brother, using a broken piece of glass from an earlier spot in their match. Micheal had his throat slit, but thankfully the cut was not deep enough to prove fatal. This didn't change the fact that Micheal was never the same afterwards.

Whatever his grounds for leaving were, one thing is for sure. An older and smarter Graves has returned to the XWF. The reason for this abrupt return is quite clear. Micheal Graves had caught wind of Michael Graves joining the XWF.

Baffled? I wouldn't blame you if you were. Michael Graves, otherwise known as the self proclaimed “Franchise”, was the catalyst for Micheal to return. He noticed that despite a slight change in the spelling of this first name, that this new Michael Graves seemed to be a dollar store ripoff of himself. He obviously had the name and upon further scrutiny he also had the look.

Michael Graves may not behave the same as Micheal Graves, but that didn't change the fact that this kid was trying to build a career on the foundation that Micheal had built a decade earlier. Micheal quickly decided that he wasn't going to allow this kid to steal from him anymore. That's when Micheal made the move to contact the XWF, Vincent Lane to be more precise, and inquire about a return.

Now only one night back, and already holding a championship in the XWF. Micheal Graves is gearing up for his first real match since 2006. It's unknown what Micheal Graves plans are beyond this match. Is he back for the long haul? Or is he just here to protect his intellectual property and leave?

The Scene is set in Paris France. It's only been a few hours since Micheal Graves both pinned Dolly Waters backstage for the Heavy Metal Weight Championship and confronted the other Graves at Wednesday Warfare. Micheal is sitting on his bed scrolling through his phone. He is reading what the dirt sheets have to say about his return. He shakes his head at a comment that he reads. It says that maybe Micheal should have remained retired. The author doesn't see any gain from this match happening. Micheal Graves is all but forgotten these days. If he loses, then so what? He didn't put anyone over. If he somehow wins though, the match will only stand to hurt a young mans career.

For the first time in his career, Micheal is considered the veteran. So called smart fans no longer see any real value in him as a performer. Now he is just another relic here to take a spot from the younger talents that they love. Micheal doesn't agree with these ideals and never has. The biggest rubs of his career have always came from the returning veterans that he faced off against. It didn't matter if he won or lost, so long as both men left everything in the ring, the matches could be looked upon as a success.

At that time Micheal's phone rings. It's his wife Stephanie Graves, who remained behind when Micheal was booked for a show in Paris.

“Hi Honey, You looked great tonight.”

“Thanks babe, I feel great as well.”

“I Can't believe that you won a championship already, that's so cool!”

Micheal glances over to the Heavy Metal Championship and smiles with pride.

“Honestly, that was unforeseen to say the least. I just saw and opportunity, and I took it.”

“Well I'm proud of you honey. I may not fully agree with you returning to that life, but I'm happy that you did well.”

“I'm fortunate to have such an understanding wife.”

“You are!”

Micheal chuckles before continuing.

“Thank you for putting up with me. I know that you would rather I not do this, but I appreciate you understanding that I have to.”

“I just don't want to see you get hurt. You already have so many scars, and I don't just mean the ones on your body.”

Micheal runs his fingers across the scar on his neck as he zones out momentarily.

“Honey? Are you still there?”

Micheal quickly snaps out of it and responds to his wives query.

“Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking.”

“Thinking about what?”

Micheal has an uneasy look about him as he replies.

“Well I know that we only discussed my coming back for this one match...”

Stephanie is quick to cut Micheal off.

“Micheal! What are you thinking?”

“Ok, so I've officially been back for a day.”

“And let me guess, you want to sign a long term deal?”

“We could use the money.”

“We aren't that bad off hun, and you already have a job.”

“I sell used cars babe... We are living paycheck to paycheck struggling to pay all of our debt down. If I do this, we can eliminate that debt and make a real life for our children.”

The phone stays silent for a moment. Stephanie seems to be contemplating what her husband just said.

“You still there?”

“Yeah...”

“...Ya know, I made $5000 tonight, just for pinning Dolly Waters?”

“Really, That much?” She said, astonished

“Yeah, that much. Imagine what we could do if I make a real run of this.”

“Okay, lets just slow down Micheal. Why don't you just focus on your match with the other Graves, and after that we can think about our future?”

“I'm thinking about it now. I'm not going to lie to you, money is only part of the reason that I want to do this. The other reason is because simply, I deserve it. I had it all, and I let it all go for you... for us....”

“And the injuries, and that mess with Ashen, and let's not forget that you were so tired of that life that you came home and told me that you would never step foot in a ring again.”

“I know...”

Micheal pauses for a moment, deep in thought

“My mind was in a different place back then. Everything that was going on with Sean, the incident in the compound... I felt like I was loosing myself. I felt like somebody else was in control, and I was just a passenger on a ride to Hell, but... Things are different now. I don't have that stuff to worry about any more and there is also the fact that this is likely my last shot. Either I take it, or I close the book on my career forever.”

“Honey... Do what you think is right. I love you, and I will support you no matter what. Just promise me one thing.”

“Anything...”

“If it all starts to be too much... if old wounds start coming back to haunt you, and you feel like there is no way out...”

“I know... and I promise you, none of that terrible stuff that happened before will happen this time.”

Micheal once again feels the scar that runs across his neck as he ponders almost forgotten memories from his last stint in XWF. The feud with Sean, the program that set to brainwash him into being a weapon.

“I should let you go. I need to get some sleep before my flight home.”

“Okay Honey, try to call me before your flight.”

“I will, and I love you.”

“I love you too!”

Micheal and his wife finish exchanging a heartfelt goodbye before ending their phone conversation. Micheal has to be up early tomorrow. He has a long flight back home before he can prepare for Wildcard Weekend.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
(12-04-2016), (11-25-2016), Barney Green (11-26-2016), Tommy Gunn (11-26-2016), Unknown Soldier (11-26-2016), Vincent Lane (11-25-2016)