Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 12:46 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Arrogance and Entitlement
Thomas Nixon Offline
Saving the Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

11-20-2016, 06:10 AM

As per usual, Thomas Nixon is wearing a gray v-neck shirt and a dark blue pair of jeans when he enters the XWF studio set. The previous night, Nixon received a text message praising his treatment of XWF interviewer, Steve Sayors, during his interview about Alexis Riot. The message mentioned that Sayors failed to get a lot from Thaddeus Duke regarding their upcoming match, so they wished to give Nixon some airtime for promotions sake.

Although Nixon was happy to earn more publicity and air time, he can’t help but feel a bit inpatient. With two wins under his belts, he hopes that sooner than later other media outlets will reach out to him to discuss his matches and his cause. Nixon’s message has yet to expand far out of the XWF universe, few people have heard about his comments, and even the people he has reached have not taken him very seriously. Hopefully, this will change soon.

Nixon quickly finds Steve Sayors in front of the XWF background, rehearsing the one or two sentences he will actually say on camera. Sayors smiles when he sees Thomas, remembering that Nixon treated him as a human being in their last meeting.

“Hey, Thomas! Are you ready for a quick interview?”

Nixon responds in the affirmative, as he positions himself next to Sayors. The lone camera man slowly gets into position and motions for Sayors to begin at his leisure. Sayors raises the microphone to his mouth and breaks the silence with his enthusiastic tone.

“Welcome to another XWF exclusive interview! I’m here with Thomas Nixon, fresh off his second straight win in XWF!”

After addressing the camera, Sayors turned to Nixon and spoke to him directly.

“On Wednesday, you will face off with Thaddeus Duke and “The Franchise” Michael Graves in a three way match. What do you think of your opponents?”

Sayors extends the microphone to Nixon, who pauses briefly before looking directly into the camera.

“When this match was announced, I didn’t have an opinion on either guy. Duke and Graves were just names on a poster. After I defeated Jakob Davis and Blue Gator, I did my research. To be blunt, I don’t think to highly of either of these guys, and that means something. I didn’t have a bad thing to say about Alexis Graves last time I did an interview, but this isn’t going to be the same. The things I heard and read about Graves and Duke rubbed me the wrong way.

Thaddeus Duke reminds me of a common flaw that I’ve seen in many people. People ranging from regular folk to world leaders all suffer from this personality deficiency, and it is always present in Duke’s words and actions. So let me illustrate this flaw for you with an example of someone that we all saw fail.

Every American that watched Hillary Clinton run for office noticed her rampant entitlement. When speaking to her donors, she asked a hypothetical question. “Why aren’t I fifty points ahead?” Later on, she suggested that half of the people that support her opposition are deplorable and irredeemable.

This, and many other things she did, suggests that she thought of herself as a candidate that was destined for the presidency, entitled to it. She talks about all of her accomplishments in government, and she pushes the argument that the next logical step for our country would be giving her the presidency.

This implication that it only makes sense for her to be president over her opponent hints that she looks at the election result as a foregone conclusion. He’s unqualified, I’m qualified. I deserve it, he doesn’t. This entitlement taints her efforts because it coats her actions with a lining of arrogance.

This same entitlement plagues Thaddeus Duke. The prince thinks that he is destined to win because his father was a great wrestler. He’s the heir to great people, so he will obviously be just as great. He treats his matches just like how Hillary treated the election, but this triple threat bout is not a foregone conclusion. Duke even told Jim Ross that he expects Lane to put him in the Wild Card television championship match if he wins. He doesn’t look at XWF match by match, he jumps the gun and assumes he’s going to win. His ego is going to be his downfall.

For Christ’s fucking sake, Duke demanded a match with Scully after one match in the XWF! The concept of earning anything is clearly foreign to him. I don’t think he understands that the real way to the top takes time and effort. You have to win over the fans and build a namesake. Don’t expect the world champion to accept your challenge because of your father’s accomplishments.

Entitlement goes hand in hand with arrogance. From the common man to leaders, people like Thaddeus fail due to their drastic overconfidence.

Thaddeus will not come out on top on Wednesday because he doesn’t take this match seriously. He takes XWF lightly; he takes it for granted. Once he gets knocked on his ass, he might want to spend more time preparing for his matches and less time complaining about Scully.

You know what, I want to go on a quick tangent. Why is Thaddeus wrestling? I think that the only reason he wrestles in XWF is to carry on his family legacy of great wrestlers. He doesn’t have any intrinsic motivation, he just doesn’t want to disappoint his father.

Thaddeus, you may be a prince, but you’re also a fucking adult. You have this weird, selfish craving to surpass your father. It’s childish. You frankly shouldn’t be comparing yourself to him when you’ve wrestled twice in XWF.”

“I hate to interrupt your words, but you haven’t mentioned Michael Graves. Can you tell the XWF fans your thoughts on him?”

“Michael Graves is just as entitled and arrogant as Thaddeus. Boy, I don’t know his story and I don’t know him personally, but when you join a company, you have to be a cocky prick to name yourself “The Franchise”.

So I’m going to tell you something Graves, you’ve wrestled one match in XWF. That’s one. One time. And you didn’t even win that match. So I don’t think you have the right to be introduced as “The Franchise”. You don’t have the right to talk about the place in history you’re carving out for yourself.

You need to earn something before you can talk about being a legendary, historical figure. So maybe, after you win a fucking championship or a fucking match, you can tell people that you’re on the road to establishing yourself as a force to be reckoned with.

After losing at Warfare, Graves said that as he carves out his spot as a legend “wins and losses…don’t really matter” to him. Graves, you can be a fighter in the ring and do crazy stuff, but you have to win matches for anybody to believe in you. If you lose your next ten matches and expect to be thought of as a legend, then you’re delusional. Wins and losses matter here, and they matter to the fans.

Until you earn a real reputation, you can give yourself any name you want, but you shouldn’t expect anyone to treat you with respect.

This is going to be my third match in XWF, so some people have to be thinking that I’m a bit arrogant and entitled; I’m shit talking these guys and I’m no more experienced that they are. I’m going to make a clear distinction between people like me and my opponents.

I never walked to the ring and said that I deserve to be champion, and I haven’t pretended that I’ve deserved anything that I haven’t. Day in and day out, I’ve made the case that every win is important to me, and I need to improve my record and grow my following as much as I can. I’m taking this bout very seriously because a win over both Graves and Duke will push me higher up the XWF hierarchy. That’s not just something I want, that’s what I need.

I’m not taking this match lightly like Graves and Duke are. Winning means a lot to me, and I’m ready for Duke and Graves to come back with the fire and intensity that wrestlers should bring. I just don’t think two men that already think they’re the best will do a lot to prepare for a hectic three way between three athletes. I’m not walking around here like I own the place. These rookies are. That is arrogance and entitlement; nothing good stems from that.”

“Well there we have it! Thomas Nixon will be facing off against Michael Graves and Thaddeus Duke in a three way contest at Warfare! Thank you for joining us for an XWF exclusive interview!”

The camera man signaled that he stopped recording. The scene fades to black as Nixon and Sayors exchange pleasantries, but Nixon is clearly a bit fired up after discussing his match.

Ambassador of the Lizard People
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thomas Nixon's post:
(11-20-2016), (11-20-2016), Unknown Soldier (11-23-2016)